Post by Bart »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:16 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:12 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:06 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:49 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:29 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:52 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:25 pm Wow, gettin' late mighty early in this one, Owls up 6-0 seven minutes in and dominating in every phase of the game.
Nova's gotta get possession of the ball and get it to the cage, not much luck with that so far.
12-0, running clock, still 7 mins left 1st half. Not sure why nova keeps pulling starting goalie, did it in 1st game as well, she was on pre-season all league team I think.

nova needs a reset, doesn't look good at all and offense is now taking desperate shots and not setting up play
Nova is still missing some key starters on offense and defense. Just didn't show up ready to play today. I can tell you the coaches are not going to be happy with this effort. They will have to put it behind them. I am not sure what the HC is trying to do with the GK's, they are not getting a lot of help from the close D AT ALL.

Joe
Just one of those days when nothing went right. Your sister and Coach Young are going to have to think long and hard about how to respond, but tomorrow is another day, and there are still plenty of games to play.
guessing those kids are going to run, a lot, tomorrow.
Never understood this philosophy. To me it's like rubbing a puppies nose in turd when you are trying to house train it. You may think you are accomplishing something but in the end you are not, imo. The team knows they played like a$$ the question for the staff is why. You run for purpose and in general, for me, punishment is not a purpose, unless you are trying to generate resentment. Perhaps this stems from playing for a coach who thought this way.
I have never been able to identify a clear upside to this sort of punitive measure. I would make the kids play 7v7 until they collapse. I'd have a draw competition until everyone is ruined. I'd clear and redefend for an hour. But tonight, I think I'd get on the bus and look at everyone and say, "There is nothing to say. Go home, get a good meal, study a little, and be ready to recommit yourselves tomorrow. We embarrassed ourselves across town, in Philadelphia, and it's on all of us."
what would Bobby Knight do?
be out of a job in 2021
8meterPA

Re: 2021 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

Post by 8meterPA »

Bart wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:25 pm Wow, gettin' late mighty early in this one, Owls up 6-0 seven minutes in and dominating in every phase of the game.
Nova's gotta get possession of the ball and get it to the cage, not much luck with that so far.
12-0, running clock, still 7 mins left 1st half. Not sure why nova keeps pulling starting goalie, did it in 1st game as well, she was on pre-season all league team I think.

nova needs a reset, doesn't look good at all and offense is now taking desperate shots and not setting up play
Nova is still missing some key starters on offense and defense. Just didn't show up ready to play today. I can tell you the coaches are not going to be happy with this effort. They will have to put it behind them. I am not sure what the HC is trying to do with the GK's, they are not getting a lot of help from the close D AT ALL.

Joe
Just one of those days when nothing went right. Your sister and Coach Young are going to have to think long and hard about how to respond, but tomorrow is another day, and there are still plenty of games to play.
Never understood this philosophy. To me it's like rubbing a puppies nose in turd when you are trying to house train it. You may think you are accomplishing something but in the end you are not, imo. The team knows they played like a$$ the question for the staff is why. You run for purpose and in general, for me, punishment is not a purpose, unless you are trying to generate resentment. Perhaps this stems from playing for a coach who thought this way.
I have never been able to identify a clear upside to this sort of punitive measure. I would make the kids play 7v7 until they collapse. I'd have a draw competition until everyone is ruined. I'd clear and redefend for an hour. But tonight, I think I'd get on the bus and look at everyone and say, "There is nothing to say. Go home, get a good meal, study a little, and be ready to recommit yourselves tomorrow. We embarrassed ourselves across town, in Philadelphia, and it's on all of us."
be out of a job in 2021
true!!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Joe
Exactly. "Do the opposite."
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

btw, forgot that JMU & High Point were playing - 7-6, HPU over JMU early 2nd half
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:21 pm

Joe
he would throw chairs at them during the 7v7's
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukpekodCQ-U
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:26 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukpekodCQ-U
I was trying to figure out how to insert Dodgeball scene where coach throws wrenches, but gave up
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Cannot go BTB when a defender is trailing, dangerous shot every time
Bart

Post by Bart »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:36 pm Cannot go BTB when a defender is trailing, dangerous shot every time
yep.

you want to talk about crappy playing conditions. oof.

Duke hanging in there
boyo

Post by boyo »

Weather playing defense for both teams, certainly helping duke slow down the heels a bit.
boyo

Post by boyo »

6-3 UNC at half, UNC with the edge in draw controls, shots & red cards .
Obviously Duke can’t keep it close if two of those things don’t change. They did change their uniforms tho..from blue to black
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

boyo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:07 pm 6-3 UNC at half, UNC with the edge in draw controls, shots & red cards .
Obviously Duke can’t keep it close if two of those things don’t change. They did change their uniforms tho..from blue to black
No red cards issued last night, to either team.
boyo

Post by boyo »

Cletus wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:00 am
boyo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:07 pm 6-3 UNC at half, UNC with the edge in draw controls, shots & red cards .
Semantics ...2 yellows to the same player..
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

boyo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:11 am
Cletus wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:00 am
Semantics ...2 yellows to the same player..
Not semantics. Red means you sit the next game as well.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

No, two yellows is NOT the same as a red, either in consequence or in the type of offense... Yes, the distinction matters.
Cletus

NU at JHU

Post by Cletus »

NU’s Lauren Gilbert is immensely talented. Very smooth around the goal. NU 11 Hop 6. 20 minutes to go in the second.
seacoaster

Re: NU at JHU

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:24 pm NU’s Lauren Gilbert is immensely talented. Very smooth around the goal. NU 11 Hop 6. 20 minutes to go in the second.
She's fast; good on the circle; no left.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

UMass doing a number to BU, 22-11 with 12 mins left. Another Soc's vs. Greasers game and Greasers taking to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQ1-WVfP9w
Cletus

Rutgers at Michigan

Post by Cletus »

Interesting game. 4-4 late in the 1st. Rutgers offense more compelling, more passing into 8. Michigan seems to take turns trying to dodge to cage. I find it ideal to have no commentary with good field mics and decent camerawork. The control bar below enables ff/rw and slow motion. Very nifty for replays of the viewers choosing.
Cletus

Rutgers at Michigan

Post by Cletus »

Caitlin Muir #1 for Michigan is a deft pickpocket. I've seen 3 in just the last 10-15 minutes.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”