Maryland 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
blue angels

Re: Maryland 2021

Post by blue angels »

Cooter wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:23 pm
Tdemling6 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:45 am In the John Tillman era, Maryland has continually reloaded.

That looks to remain the status quo in College Park in 2021, as the Terrapins are stacked from front to back and look ready to get back to Championship Weekend.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/09/30/m ... ekend-run/

Logan Wisnauskas has been playing attack for the Terps.

It is a bit of an oversight not to mention Kyle Long with the offense. He started last season injured, but when he returned contributed 7 pts. in 4 games.

The Terps bring in 3 top 20 attack recruits: Eric Malever, Daniel Kelly and Jack Koras. With the Terps not holding fall practice, it is hard to know how they will fit in, particularly early in the season.
With the Terps returning all their starting long poles, it is hard to know how BJ Burlace will fit in ( at close or lsm) but it is nice to be one up. BJ is bigger than Neufeldt, and was listed at 6'1", 200 lbs. on Yale's roster.

The Terps return all four regular ssdms: Puglise, A.Smith, Higgins, and Coffman.
Changing topics..... I wasn’t shocked that Virginia wasn’t a finalist for the better Pietremala twin but looking at his final list, is the
Enmity for Maryland that big? He would have had a far better chance at a National championship and been better coached than where he ended up. None of the other suitors would have been a huge step up over Maryland academically so I find the choice of Breschi, who has underwhelmed, an interesting one.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ouch.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Doubt Maryland was ever in consideration. Think all the schools he considered HC’s are good buddies with Petro. Think Breschi is one of his best buds. If I recall when Breschi lost his son Petro went to funeral.

Although Petro finally two schools in his day was Maryland and JHU.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I can't recall the Terps having 2 top ten long poles in one class before.
#5 Will Schaller lsm
#6 AJ Larkin
Live Free or Die!
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

blue angels wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:42 pm
Cooter wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:23 pm
Tdemling6 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:45 am In the John Tillman era, Maryland has continually reloaded.

That looks to remain the status quo in College Park in 2021, as the Terrapins are stacked from front to back and look ready to get back to Championship Weekend.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/09/30/m ... ekend-run/

Logan Wisnauskas has been playing attack for the Terps.

It is a bit of an oversight not to mention Kyle Long with the offense. He started last season injured, but when he returned contributed 7 pts. in 4 games.

The Terps bring in 3 top 20 attack recruits: Eric Malever, Daniel Kelly and Jack Koras. With the Terps not holding fall practice, it is hard to know how they will fit in, particularly early in the season.
With the Terps returning all their starting long poles, it is hard to know how BJ Burlace will fit in ( at close or lsm) but it is nice to be one up. BJ is bigger than Neufeldt, and was listed at 6'1", 200 lbs. on Yale's roster.

The Terps return all four regular ssdms: Puglise, A.Smith, Higgins, and Coffman.
Changing topics..... I wasn’t shocked that Virginia wasn’t a finalist for the better Pietremala twin but looking at his final list, is the
Enmity for Maryland that big? He would have had a far better chance at a National championship and been better coached than where he ended up. None of the other suitors would have been a huge step up over Maryland academically so I find the choice of Breschi, who has underwhelmed, an interesting one.
It was pretty obvious he was leaving the state. Didn’t consider Hop, Maryland, or Loyola. I’m sure they were interested in him, but he was looking to leave the state pretty clearly
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:37 pm Doubt Maryland was ever in consideration. Think all the schools he considered HC’s are good buddies with Petro. Think Breschi is one of his best buds. If I recall when Breschi lost his son Petro went to funeral.

Although Petro finally two schools in his day was Maryland and JHU.
Petro is close with a lot of head coaches but yeah Breschi and Tambroni are probably his closest friends amongst coaches. And then Tierney coached him at Hopkins as well in addition to being good friends with him. Those existing relationships were paramount
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

jrn19 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:04 pm
Petro is close with a lot of head coaches but yeah Breschi and Tambroni are probably his closest friends amongst coaches. And then Tierney coached him at Hopkins as well in addition to being good friends with him. Those existing relationships were paramount
Don't think Petro and Tills are even friendly, let alone close. Heard from multiple, reliable people over the past couple of years that Petro has said some not too nice things about Tills. Petro is a highly competitive guy (they all are), but Petro has that kind of old school "hate your rival" kind of thing going. So he probably was mouthing off about some of the stuff he's said...but it was personal stuff. And, no, I'm not going to repeat some of the stuff he said according to these people, who included former Hop players.

Not surprising at all that his boys wouldn't even consider Maryland. The hate runs deep in the The Rivalry!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

The are updating the field. Think I liked it saying “MARYLAND”

https://twitter.com/w_brown21/status/13 ... 09600?s=21
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Cooter wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:06 pm I can't recall the Terps having 2 top ten long poles in one class before.
#5 Will Schaller lsm
#6 AJ Larkin
IL did a podcast about ‘22 recruiting. 1:14 into the show talk about Maryland. They agree with your thoughts of them going hard for defense.

Overall it seem they feel this class will do a lot of flipping once kids can make in person visits.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I don't recall seeing these being posted, but here are some Dante Trader summer 2020 highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9NhUdULV4s

Rather Impressive. :D
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Guys out getting in some workout today

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGKcewYHZLH ... 8fakx1l8ip
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Getting in practice
https://twitter.com/terpsmlax/status/13 ... 01408?s=21

They wearing mask...sort of

Not liking the look of the Maverik equipment. Hope they are working on getting some customized gear
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:55 am More practice pictures
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGU_LY1H6y7 ... 6zhpxwxpke
It's good to see fall practice. Should be particularly good for the freshmen. Probably beneficial for the others too, as they have had a couple more months to get rusty. 8-)
Live Free or Die!
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

Definitely good to see practice pics! Maryland always fun to watch!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Great article. Thanks

Looks like Matt Dunn took in yesterday practice. Wonder if he brought along some of his high school kids with him?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Looks like they have put out some marketing pictures
https://www.instagram.com/p/CG0oKQfnyoB ... whagsnzwiq

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”