Post by Bonalax »

Semis are set

St. Bonaventure @ Monmouth
Canisius @ Manhattan

Proud of my Bonnies!
LaxPundit07

Re: MAAC 2021

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Fitting end to the season for Marist. A season marred by a rudderless administration. Complete failure of their student athletes. They should be embarrassed. Weeks of ZERO positive tests and not allowed to play OR practice.

Well done by Canisius. And wow, St. Bonnies!
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Wow! Talk about a season of "firsts" for St. Bonaventure Lacrosse! I mean this in a good way, as the steps they have taken, and may well continue to take, have been tremendous!
redfoxalum

Post by redfoxalum »

With the loss to St. Bonaventure, Detroit Mercy is now done with the MAAC and moving to the ASUN. Kolon would probably like to continue a few of these rivalries in non conference play.

Really frustrating seasons for the others who have completed their 2021 seasons. Siena finishes a winless campaign with another nail biter, falling @Monmouth by 1. The Saints finished 0-8 but lost only once by more than 2 goals. Quinnipiac didn’t have an outstanding record before COVID protocols shut down the season, but George winning 75% of draws made them a threat to win any MAAC game. Marist barely was able to practice or play. They probably had too many holes to repeat, but were behind the 8 ball in trying to compete.

Manhattan beat Canisius in March 10-7 in Buffalo. The rematch is in Riverdale. Monmouth beat St. Bonaventure in March 13-12 in Jersey, this one is also in Jersey.

Kelleher was a deserving COY winner, taking a Jaspers program that has been down for a long time to the #1 seed. Mearns also would’ve been a deserving candidate. The Bonnies hadn’t won a game prior to this season and now have a winning record. They are following the trajectory of other startup programs that have steadily improved with many multi year starters throughout the lineup: Monmouth, Detroit Mercy, Marquette, Richmond to name a few.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Siena most likely is the best 0-8 team ever in the MAAC, seems like every game is the same.
Monmouth 8 St Bonaventure 6
Manhattan 11 Canisius 10
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

flyerfan17 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:19 pm Siena most likely is the best 0-8 team ever in the MAAC, seems like every game is the same.
Manhattan 11 Canisius 10
Even as a Monmouth fan I really feel for Siena, played hard every minute only lost by more than 2 once, probably the best 0-8 in history.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:49 pm
flyerfan17 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:19 pm Siena most likely is the best 0-8 team ever in the MAAC, seems like every game is the same.
Manhattan 11 Canisius 10
Even as a Monmouth fan I really feel for Siena, played hard every minute only lost by more than 2 once, probably the best 0-8 in history.
One consolation for these poor young men is they weren’t the first Siena lacrosse team to finish 0-fer. The 1962 team went 0-7. Back when the Saints were the Indians.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Good year two for St. Bonnies 👍👍
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I would not be surprised at all if the Bonnies win the MAAC Tournament next year. Almost their entire team was composed of freshmen and sophomores.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Nice win by Monmouth today and really not hard to predict. Teams are getting closer but the MAAC will still run through Marist and Monmouth for the foreseeable future. Quinnipiac belongs in there but I don't know about them. Nice season from the Jaspers, could see them in the hunt for a while now too. Not ready at all to jump on the St Bonnies bandwagon yet, could see Siena instead have a comeback year. Hope the Hawks have a good showing in the tournament, last time wasn't so good
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

flyerfan17 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:55 pm Nice win by Monmouth today and really not hard to predict. Teams are getting closer but the MAAC will still run through Marist and Monmouth for the foreseeable future. Quinnipiac belongs in there but I don't know about them. Nice season from the Jaspers, could see them in the hunt for a while now too. Not ready at all to jump on the St Bonnies bandwagon yet, could see Siena instead have a comeback year. Hope the Hawks have a good showing in the tournament, last time wasn't so good
Last time they lost to Bryant 10-7 and the game was close the whole way so I don’t know what you mean ‘not so good’ however that was a play in game this time they won’t have that luxury. Hopefully they show well.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:06 pm
flyerfan17 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:55 pm Nice win by Monmouth today and really not hard to predict. Teams are getting closer but the MAAC will still run through Marist and Monmouth for the foreseeable future. Quinnipiac belongs in there but I don't know about them. Nice season from the Jaspers, could see them in the hunt for a while now too. Not ready at all to jump on the St Bonnies bandwagon yet, could see Siena instead have a comeback year. Hope the Hawks have a good showing in the tournament, last time wasn't so good
Last time they lost to Bryant 10-7 and the game was close the whole way so I don’t know what you mean ‘not so good’ however that was a play in game this time they won’t have that luxury. Hopefully they show well.
I remember watching that game and thinking Monmouth wouldn't be happy with how they played, it was 10-3 in the 4th and the Hawks were never really in it, at least I didn't think they were and they had a good team that year. Anyway I'm sure they will get a very tough draw this year, UNC I am guessing. Hope they play well but not a good year to play the ACC

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”