All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

cradleandshoot

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:42 pm Just to lighten this topic up a bit.

Personal add taken out on line.

Single young male with corona virus seeking available young female with lyme disease...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Way to go YA. I am sure we will be lectured from all the FLP cumquats on this forum about our insensitivity in not taking this pandemic seriously. It sure has given Wall St a case of the willies.
Nope, that's just your FRC projectionism showing. You've been told over and over that everything nowadays is partisan, and that you're always being attacked, and that anyone to the left of you can't take a joke.

It's a funny joke. Not sure why you had to bring in the FLP thing into it where it didn't exist in the first place.
The fact you don't understand it is all there is to say. I hope you are stocked up on face masks. The simple fact is from what I have heard today on the MSM they are already trying to create a panic as the corona virus will ultimately ravish the USA and kill hundreds of people, maybe even tens of people. I think my family should seal ourselves off in the basement and wait for the threat to pass. I am sorry, but not surprised that you are too much of a pin head to understand a simple joke. :roll:
For the record, I am not a FRC type. I am just a self acknowledged dick weed that has my own opinions on things. Some things I agree with are conservative, like living within our own means as a nation. Some things I agree with are way more liberal, like helping people that need help and don't confuse that help as being entitled to it. When was the last time you spooned out grub in a homeless shelter? Just axin padre. Ain't it ironic that my comments drew the lecture I expected from a typical thin skinned FLP cumquat. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

I don’t see Jared on Trump’s coronavirus team. I have no confidence unless Jared is in charge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:42 pm Just to lighten this topic up a bit.

Single young male with corona virus seeking available young female with lyme disease...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Way to go YA. I am sure we will be lectured from all the FLP cumquats on this forum about our insensitivity in not taking this pandemic seriously. It sure has given Wall St a case of the willies.
Nope, that's just your FRC projectionism showing. You've been told over and over that everything nowadays is partisan, and that you're always being attacked, and that anyone to the left of you can't take a joke.

It's a funny joke. Not sure why you had to bring in the FLP thing into it where it didn't exist in the first place.
The fact you don't understand it is all there is to say. I hope you are stocked up on face masks. The simple fact is from what I have heard today on the MSM they are already trying to create a panic as the corona virus will ultimately ravish the USA and kill hundreds of people, maybe even tens of people. I think my family should seal ourselves off in the basement and wait for the threat to pass. I am sorry, but not surprised that you are too much of a pin head to understand a simple joke. :roll:
For the record, I am not a FRC type. I am just a self acknowledged dick weed that has my own opinions on things. Some things I agree with are conservative, like living within our own means as a nation. Some things I agree with are way more liberal, like helping people that need help and don't confuse that help as being entitled to it. When was the last time you spooned out grub in a homeless shelter? Just axin padre. Ain't it ironic that my comments drew the lecture I expected from a typical thin skinned FLP cumquat. :D
cradle, you need to lighten up.
Stop constantly trying to pick a fight, insulting anyone who disagrees.
It's gotta be exhausting and you sure aren't persuading anyone.

Whether the virus proves to spread beyond our control here in the US remains to be seen, but it's now on every continent. People are indeed dying, though thankfully 98% of those who contract it do survive.

Let's together root for it to be contained without the sort of draconian measures being implemented in China, and hopefully a vaccine soon as well.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pence is in charge. Those who are comforted should Google HIV Epidemic Indiana.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I know that r's on this thread only listen to faux news, so here:

Toward the end of his remarks, Kennedy put it bluntly: "You're supposed to keep us safe and the American people deserve some straight answers on the coronavirus and I'm not getting them from you."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-kenne ... oronavirus

US Leadership is a joke and have no idea how to deal with this issue.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump says that his team’s approach will be modeled on Indiana healthcare. He was going to model it on Massachusetts healthcare until he was told they call it RomneyCare there.

Trump has agreed to accept the Democrats’ offer of $8 billion. Says he will use any leftover funds for his wall.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Seems likely that we are headed towards a global pandemic and also a mild global recession.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html

Ain’t helpin’ that the folks at MIT (who can add and subtract good) are predicting a 70% probability of a U.S. recession within 6 months.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/05/70perce ... 0recession

Wish Trump’s focus was on keeping people healthy and preventing deaths, but reports suggest he is more concerned about his reelection. Looks more likely that we’ll be in recession (probably a mild one) by the time November rolls around.

Just hoping the U.S. can avoid a massive surge in Coronavirus cases.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Trinity wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:55 pm Pence is in charge. Those who are comforted should Google HIV Epidemic Indiana.
Makes one want to cry out, “Mother, Mother!”

https://www.politifact.com/article/2018 ... fe-mother/

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

What a waste of an hour. Absolutely no useful information. The press is worthless in drilling down. No known, problematic issues addressed. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:39 pm What a waste of an hour. Absolutely no useful information. The press is worthless in drilling down. No known, problematic issues addressed. :roll:
Why would anyone believe a single word that comes from this administration.....
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:41 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:39 pm What a waste of an hour. Absolutely no useful information. The press is worthless in drilling down. No known, problematic issues addressed. :roll:
You would hope at least that some one in the press would ask the questions. There were two physicians there who could have added something you would think. The biggest questions have to do with the availability of medical supplies and diagnostic kits, which the written press has indicated are problematic.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

So now the head of NIAID is also a liar and in on the big lie. Maybe they need some TDS medication invented. :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

“Our containment strategy has been working," said the White House chairman of the coronavirus task force.

But as he spoke, a coronavirus case was reported in California — and this person had not travelled to any of the affected regions of the world.

Only the Party over Country people...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Am I the only one that thinks he sounds like a used car salesman? Everything is incredible. Everybody is the best. Mike P will take care of it, he’s the best. We have the best people. India is an incredible country. Stock market reacting to Democratic debate.

When he’s on his own, he sounds like a con man. Reading from script he drones on like a cyborg. He is amazing.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yup. Harold Hill ain’t got nothing on him.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:08 pm
“Our containment strategy has been working," said the White House chairman of the coronavirus task force.

But as he spoke, a coronavirus case was reported in California — and this person had not travelled to any of the affected regions of the world.

Only the Party over Country people...
I saw this was just reported. Looks like that thing that OD said wasn't certain to happen, that the doctors said was going to happen - just happened.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:55 pm So now the head of NIAID is also a liar and in on the big lie. Maybe they need some TDS medication invented. :roll:
The problem is not with the doctors - it is with the press! :roll:
Bart

Post by Bart »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:43 pm Even if the actual number of coronavirus infection cases is double the “official” count of around 80,000, the mortality rate would still be 1,000 times that of “ordinary” flu. That’s pretty frightening.

This epidemic can still be managed, but we’re definitely on the cusp of a global pandemic. If it truly becomes a pandemic, then we’re talking about many thousands of additional deaths and a potential global recession.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
Care to explain your math here?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 pm

Yeah, what MDLaxfan said. You need to lighten up Francis, not everything is hyper-political. For the record I'm not a FLP type, even though you think everyone else is who isn't like you. You need to get over yourself. And lecturing? You're the one lecturing about the FLPs and typing out paragraphs on here. :lol:

My wife has a Dr. next to her name, so I'm pretty well versed on what's going on and we always have plenty of prophylactics at the house (I normally use the masks for woodworking and cutting the lawn). Have also worked plenty of homeless shelters and food banks since I was a teenager, not sure what that has to do with anything at all here. :roll: Enjoy your FUD
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Bart wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:45 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:43 pm Even if the actual number of coronavirus infection cases is double the “official” count of around 80,000, the mortality rate would still be 1,000 times that of “ordinary” flu. That’s pretty frightening.

This epidemic can still be managed, but we’re definitely on the cusp of a global pandemic. If it truly becomes a pandemic, then we’re talking about many thousands of additional deaths and a potential global recession.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
Care to explain your math here?
Yeah that kind of threw me for a loop. The 2019-2020 flu season currently has a mortality rate of about 50 deaths per 100,000 people. So if Doc's right, the Coronavirus kills 50,000 out of 100,000 people or 50% of the population.

It actually seems to kill around 2% and is probably less than that when all is said and done.

Return to “POLITICS”