Fall Ball

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Fall Ball

Post by DMac »

Well, in that case it's just a simple yes. ;)
LaxThoughts

Post by LaxThoughts »

Thanks for turning this thread into the type of stupidity befitting only 50-year-old adolescents living in their mothers' basements in their underwear waging keyboard wars.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LaxThoughts wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:05 pm Thanks for turning this thread into the type of stupidity befitting only 50-year-old adolescents living in their mothers' basements in their underwear waging keyboard wars.
Thanks for hopping on for your tenth or eleventh post to shame folks for having an off-thread discussion. Why all the harsh words these days?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LaxThoughts wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:05 pm Thanks for turning this thread into the type of stupidity befitting only 50-year-old adolescents living in their mothers' basements in their underwear waging keyboard wars.
WOW....what's wrong with us sitting in our underwear..You don't? Do you have an issue with being in the basement? It's easy for me as it has its own door.....I dont know what a keyboard war is - I like my keyboard :o
LoriML60

Post by LoriML60 »

An update to the Fall Ball Schedule from GW!
https://twitter.com/GW_Lacrosse/status/ ... fsrc=email
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh, but this is the fun of it all, it inevitably brings out the Karen with an adolescent level comment. How imaginative and original. Sorry for the interruption (not), now go ahead with your fall ball contribution and get us all back on track. I'll wait right here for you.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

It's not a big deal to digress within a topic. I think it's interesting. I wish I had DMac's gift for being able to talk to people, especially the fairer species. I always enjoy reading about his exploits. And the old black and white photograph is fascinating. An age long gone and sadly missed. I didn't find an inkling of stupidity in the whole exchange.

I also think it's fun to see where a conversation can end up. It's easy enough to get back on topic. (I'm always puzzled when folks chide for going off topic, instead of just writing a back-on-topic post themselves.)

One of the benefits of being a bachelor, you can laze around in your drawers and don't have to answer to no one.

And now--back to the keyboard wars! (fanfare) CHAAAAARGE!!

OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax247 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:22 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:38 am lol--yes they do. The locker room for the visiting teams is port-o as well. Definitely need an upgrade in both those areas.
Yes for a school with that much $$ an upgrade is desperately needed. It’s 2021 not 1995.
You get no argument from me there. There is an awfully powerful neighborhood committee around the field however. I wonder if they would have to approve any new construction. The team is even forbidden from announcing goals over the PA during games due to the restrictions imposed.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, what a bunch tight aszez. Hope they don't play the National Anthem too loud and the refs have sound deadeners on their whistles. Good thing they're not still using air horns in the lacrosse, the whole neighborhood would be in an uproar.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:36 am Wow, what a bunch tight aszez. Hope they don't play the National Anthem too loud and the refs have sound deadeners on their whistles. Good thing they're not still using air horns in the lacrosse, the whole neighborhood would be in an uproar.
They do play the national anthem via recording and they do make the “please be good fans and be nice to the players and refs” speech, but then it’s radio silence the rest of the way. Sometimes a leather-lunged fan may announce the goal scorers for a laugh. But yeah—they don’t mess around in Newton.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sounds like a very inviting and fun place. Come to Boston and have some beans but only SBDs allowed with the passing of gas. Charlotte better keep her goal celebrations to a whisper or she'll get thrown out.
A quick tutorial for the those heading to a BC game for the first time, this is how you celebrate a goal. Please don't be a rude fan....when in Rome, ya know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqFeKj6awhU
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:42 am
DMac wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:36 am Wow, what a bunch tight aszez. Hope they don't play the National Anthem too loud and the refs have sound deadeners on their whistles. Good thing they're not still using air horns in the lacrosse, the whole neighborhood would be in an uproar.
They do play the national anthem via recording and they do make the “please be good fans and be nice to the players and refs” speech, but then it’s radio silence the rest of the way. Sometimes a leather-lunged fan may announce the goal scorers for a laugh. But yeah—they don’t mess around in Newton.
Do they have a rule prohibiting that odious "Tar...Heels" chant?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:10 am
It's not a big deal to digress within a topic. I think it's interesting. I wish I had DMac's gift for being able to talk to people, especially the fairer species. I always enjoy reading about his exploits. And the old black and white photograph is fascinating. An age long gone and sadly missed. I didn't find an inkling of stupidity in the whole exchange.

I also think it's fun to see where a conversation can end up. It's easy enough to get back on topic. (I'm always puzzled when folks chide for going off topic, instead of just writing a back-on-topic post themselves.)

One of the benefits of being a bachelor, you can laze around in your drawers and don't have to answer to no one.

And now--back to the keyboard wars! (fanfare) CHAAAAARGE!!

ONG,

It is a great gift, I myself have it. Not afraid to chat up anybody, especially the fairer species! :lol: :lol:

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:38 am Do they have a rule prohibiting that odious "Tar...Heels" chant?
No restrictions on any fan noise/chants. I’ve heard the tedious Tar Heels chant once when I was in attendance but it died down when BC eventually took control of the game and won. That was in 2018 I think.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:56 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:38 am Do they have a rule prohibiting that odious "Tar...Heels" chant?
No restrictions on any fan noise/chants. I’ve heard the tedious Tar Heels chant once when I was in attendance but it died down when BC eventually took control of the game and won. That was in 2018 I think.
They should have a restriction on those obnoxious neon tshirts .
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:00 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:56 am
They should have a restriction on those obnoxious neon tshirts .
Agreed. And I should probably be the Hammurabi for all of this kind of stuff.
Dr. Tact

Re: Fall Ball UNC/Loyola

Post by Dr. Tact »

Headed to Balmer tomorrow to watch the fall ball scrimmage of UNC/Loyola. I will try to collect some thoughts on what I see.

Looking forward to seeing some UNC parents and sharing a cold beverage.

:D
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:09 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:38 am
Lax247 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:31 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:27 am This is my favorite place to see a game--the friendly confines of the Boston College Lacrosse field at Newton. One is right on top of the action and walking from the parking lot to one's seat takes all of 3 minutes.
Do they still have porta-pottys at their field as bathroom facilities?
lol--yes they do. The locker room for the visiting teams is port-o as well. Definitely need an upgrade in both those areas.
This is exactly what the visitors locker/changing room looks like, except the doors are probably in a different place.

Now this is a locker room.

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:19 pm Headed to Balmer tomorrow to watch the fall ball scrimmage of UNC/Loyola. I will try to collect some thoughts on what I see.

Looking forward to a good report Doc!!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:38 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:19 pm Headed to Balmer tomorrow to watch the fall ball scrimmage of UNC/Loyola. I will try to collect some thoughts on what I see.

Looking forward to a good report Doc!!
Beautiful day at Ridley...Goods vs Goods started. Initially the D dominated on both ends and it took a few trips to score.

Just take this with a grain of salt. IT IS FALL BALL, nothing should be considered "real". I did keep an unofficial score track. UNC came out and scored the first 3. Loyola took about 7 minutes to score, but ran off the next 6. UNC then scored 3 and Loyola 2 then UNC 4 to end the first half.

UNC won the 2nd half by 9-5.

They played 15 min. quarters and I liked the flow. Both teams seemed to go deep on the bench. I didn't focus on the UNC bench subbing, but Loyola got every healthy player time in the game.

UNC won probably 60-65% of the draws. UNC's ride is legit and caused at least 5 TOs maybe more. Seemed like the best play that the Hounds had was a cutter rubbing off a stack to left side of the fan, shooting across the goalie. UNC was clearly the faster team.

Dirks and Aldave both contributed and looked well integrated into the team (rich get richer) :D . Aldave looked fast and free of her past knee issue.

Not sure if this is good enough for you Sea.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”