NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Ddw1

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by Ddw1 »

As for all NESCAC predictions, for attack, don’t forget about or underestimate Williams College senior, Kevin Stump, who hit the game winner to propel Williams over RIT in last year’s NCAA quarters, and started off this season with three goals against Trinity! He is a very steady, mature force for Williams, who during his first three years has delivered many clutch goals! So far, the All NESCAC selection committee has overlooked him, hopefully, that oversight will corrected this year!
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

Lets be honest the Jums look very very good...Did anyone see Williams v. Trinity?
LCB_Sharpshooter

Post by LCB_Sharpshooter »

Brushed shoulders with a couple of Tufts parents and alumni on my way out of the game, sounded like Waldbaum might have broken a finger or two in practice and was being held out for precautionary reasons. Didn't hear anything about Treiber.
SimpleLax

Post by SimpleLax »

Did not see Hoffman in the box score for Williams , is he also on the DL?
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

SimpleLax wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:58 am Did not see Hoffman in the box score for Williams , is he also on the DL?
Williams is solid at all aspect of the game, efficient and effective. Any, faults...would that while the Ephs where in control.... they came out a little flat in the 3rd and allowed Trinity to mentally get back in the game and it look like for a minute that the Bantams might make it a closer game, but the face-off was the Bant's Achilles heel.
Williams is clearly talented and experience, after watching some highlights of the other games. The Jumbos, Mammoths are goings to have their hands full, and those match-up will be fun to watch.
As far as Trinity, they have greatly improved the defense and the freshman goalie is going to be a good one. I would guess you want to play these guys early this year, they will get stronger as the year goes on and will be much better IMO than some of the teams they have fielded in the last few years.
Williams did not disappoint.
Nothing But Net

NBN NESCAC Week Two “Predictions, Prognostications & Power Rankings”

March 3rd

Springfield vs. Tufts; Jumbos 20 – 8, warm-up before weekend
Husson vs. Colby; Mustangs get that first win 20-8

Mark 4th

Trinity vs Curry; Bantam’s 18-8 in South Boston
Keene vs. Bates; I don’t have a great feel for this Bates team, but I’ll go with them 15-11
Williams vs Union; This was a tremendous game last year; Big Match Up here, but Eph’s Fogo win this one as well 12- 9
Utica vs Hamilton; Colonials are better than everyone thinks; 18-5
Wesleyan vs Coast Card; I can never get a feel for this match-up; Cards 12-10

March 7th

Bowdoin vs. Hamilton; Going with an Upset here as the NESCAC powers begin to shift; Colonials 12-11 over the bears.
Western NE vs. Wesleyan; Cards 16-6
CT. College vs. Middlebury; Panthers are much different than the Roger Williams, Panthers big 18-8
Trinity vs. Bates; Second Upset Call of the Day, Bantams make the trip north and grab the win 12-10
Colby vs. Williams; Ephs Big early 18-10

Game of the Week;

Amherst vs. Tufts; Power vs. Speed, everything is pointing Tufts, but going with the 3rd upset (not a big one) Mammoth’s speed, finesse and experience get the Jumbos 16-13

Week 1 NBN’s NESCAC Power Rankings

1.) Williams (1-0)
2.) Tufts (1-0)
3.) Amherst (1-0)
4.) Middlebury (1-0)
5.) Wesleyan (1-0)
6.) CT College (1-0) + 4
7.) Bate (0-3) - 1
8.) Trinity (0-1)
9.) Colby (0-1)
10.) Bowdoin (0-1)
11.) Hamilton (0-1)
LCB_Sharpshooter

Post by LCB_Sharpshooter »

Nothing But Net wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:53 pm NBN NESCAC Week Two “Predictions, Prognostications & Power Rankings”

March 3rd

Mark 4th

Keene vs. Bates; I don’t have a great feel for this Bates team, but I’ll go with them 15-11
Williams vs Union; This was a tremendous game last year; Big Match Up here, but Eph’s Fogo win this one as well 12- 9

March 7th

Bowdoin vs. Hamilton; Going with an Upset here as the NESCAC powers begin to shift; Colonials 12-11 over the bears.
CT. College vs. Middlebury; Panthers are much different than the Roger Williams, Panthers big 18-8
Trinity vs. Bates; Second Upset Call of the Day, Bantams make the trip north and grab the win 12-10

Game of the Week;

Amherst vs. Tufts; Power vs. Speed, everything is pointing Tufts, but going with the 3rd upset (not a big one) Mammoth’s speed, finesse and experience get the Jumbos 16-13

1.) Williams (1-0)
2.) Tufts (1-0)
3.) Amherst (1-0)
4.) Middlebury (1-0)
5.) Wesleyan (1-0)
6.) CT College (1-0) + 4
7.) Bate (0-3) - 1
8.) Trinity (0-1)
9.) Colby (0-1)
10.) Bowdoin (0-1)
11.) Hamilton (0-1)
#7 Bates (0-3) including a loss to a pretty weak Babson squad? Think this team is a couple notches below their usual form without Chlastawa and could be in for a tough year the longer he’s out.
Nothing But Net

LCB_Sharpshooter wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Nothing But Net wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:53 pm NBN NESCAC Week Two “Predictions, Prognostications & Power Rankings”

March 3rd

Mark 4th

March 7th

Game of the Week;

1.) Williams (1-0)
2.) Tufts (1-0)
3.) Amherst (1-0)
4.) Middlebury (1-0)
5.) Wesleyan (1-0)
6.) CT College (1-0) + 4
7.) Bate (0-3) - 1
8.) Trinity (0-1)
9.) Colby (0-1)
10.) Bowdoin (0-1)
11.) Hamilton (0-1)
#7 Bates (0-3) including a loss to a pretty weak Babson squad? Think this team is a couple notches below their usual form without Chlastawa and could be in for a tough year the longer he’s out.
Yes, its called respect for a coach and a solid program that has been built there in ME. I generally base the PR on the Eye-Test (live or Highlights), write up and a few friendly dad's accross the league. The Bobcats win last year was a squeaker against Babson and this year it just fell the other way, but I have made a few bold predictions this week and if they hold we will see a shake-up next week in the PR Standings- one thing we know is that #2 or #3 will drop but how far? Keep an eye on on that Williams/Union Game-should live up to the hype, especially if Hoffman is out. Plus with a few games under our belt we can get more into top player performances and more analysis on future match-ups.
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

Nothing But Net wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:38 am
SimpleLax wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:58 am Did not see Hoffman in the box score for Williams , is he also on the DL?
Williams is solid at all aspect of the game, efficient and effective. Any, faults...would that while the Ephs where in control.... they came out a little flat in the 3rd and allowed Trinity to mentally get back in the game and it look like for a minute that the Bantams might make it a closer game, but the face-off was the Bant's Achilles heel.
Williams is clearly talented and experience, after watching some highlights of the other games. The Jumbos, Mammoths are goings to have their hands full, and those match-up will be fun to watch.
As far as Trinity, they have greatly improved the defense and the freshman goalie is going to be a good one. I would guess you want to play these guys early this year, they will get stronger as the year goes on and will be much better IMO than some of the teams they have fielded in the last few years.
Williams did not disappoint.
Agree - Williams was solid and will be hard to beat - throughout the whole game I couldn't help but feel it was like a bunch of Juniors/Seniors playing a bunch of Freshman/Soph... Trinity will get there... agree on needing a FOGO - they started every face-off on D.
HelpD

Post by HelpD »

Nothing But Net wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:33 pm

March 3rd

Mark 4th

March 7th

Game of the Week;

1.) Williams (1-0)
2.) Tufts (1-0)
3.) Amherst (1-0)
4.) Middlebury (1-0)
5.) Wesleyan (1-0)
6.) CT College (1-0) + 4
7.) Bate (0-3) - 1
8.) Trinity (0-1)
9.) Colby (0-1)
10.) Bowdoin (0-1)
11.) Hamilton (0-1)
Yes, its called respect for a coach and a solid program that has been built there in ME. I generally base the PR on the Eye-Test (live or Highlights), write up and a few friendly dad's accross the league. The Bobcats win last year was a squeaker against Babson and this year it just fell the other way, but I have made a few bold predictions this week and if they hold we will see a shake-up next week in the PR Standings- one thing we know is that #2 or #3 will drop but how far? Keep an eye on on that Williams/Union Game-should live up to the hype, especially if Hoffman is out. Plus with a few games under our belt we can get more into top player performances and more analysis on future match-ups.
Ah yes, relying on friendly dads across the league for the week's unbiased assessment of their kid's teams. That said, I talked to a Tufts dad who said he expects Tufts to beat Amherst by 5-10 goals. Unfortunately spoke with an Amherst parent who predicted the same. So taking that into account who knows how far #2 or #3 could fall. Blowout either way could be devastating to their rankings in the forum, I'm thinking they'd both prefer to win this one somewhere in line with what their respective parents predicted :lol: .
Nothing But Net

HelpD wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:22 am
Nothing But Net wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:33 pm

March 3rd

Mark 4th

March 7th

Game of the Week;

1.) Williams (1-0)
2.) Tufts (1-0)
3.) Amherst (1-0)
4.) Middlebury (1-0)
5.) Wesleyan (1-0)
6.) CT College (1-0) + 4
7.) Bate (0-3) - 1
8.) Trinity (0-1)
9.) Colby (0-1)
10.) Bowdoin (0-1)
11.) Hamilton (0-1)
Ah yes, relying on friendly dads across the league for the week's unbiased assessment of their kid's teams. That said, I talked to a Tufts dad who said he expects Tufts to beat Amherst by 5-10 goals. Unfortunately spoke with an Amherst parent who predicted the same. So taking that into account who knows how far #2 or #3 could fall. Blowout either way could be devastating to their rankings in the forum, I'm thinking they'd both prefer to win this one somewhere in line with what their respective parents predicted :lol: .
LOL, agreed the grass on always greener on your field, like Fox vs MSNBC, everyone has their opinion
DaveyBags

Post by DaveyBags »

Updated NESCAC Rankings (March 3, 2020)

1. TUFTS
2. WILLIAMS
3. CONN COLLEGE
4. AMHERST
5 .WESLEYAN
6. MIDDLEBURY
7. BOWDOIN
8. COLBY
9. TRINITY
10. BATES
12. HAMILTON
GritCoaster

Post by GritCoaster »

DaveyBags wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:01 pm Updated NESCAC Rankings (March 3, 2020)

1. TUFTS
2. WILLIAMS
3. CONN COLLEGE
4. AMHERST
5 .WESLEYAN
6. MIDDLEBURY
7. BOWDOIN
8. COLBY
9. TRINITY
10. BATES
12. HAMILTON

Outrageous
oldlaxjunkie

Post by oldlaxjunkie »

i'll take Amherst and the points vs Conn College :D
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

I might take Deerfield + the points vs CC
Nothing But Net

Tough Crowd, it’s nice to let the sun shine down on others once in awhile
overandback

Post by overandback »

Looking forward to the NESCAC/CC game on St Patrick’s Day.
Nice to see NESCAC teams giving Curry and Emerson a rest.
overandback

Post by overandback »

Lol. Just read up.
Well...shame on you for picking on Conn College.
The Centennial Conference looks forward to St Pats day and a rare chance to host a NESCAC team.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Enough Tufts for me. Looked sharp and played fast. Love #14 & #47 jitterbugs attacking from X and wings. Both have good vision and motors. Didn’t see enough defense but they made zero mistakes.
Nothing But Net

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:46 pm Enough Tufts for me. Looked sharp and played fast. Love #14 & #47 jitterbugs attacking from X and wings. Both have good vision and motors. Didn’t see enough defense but they made zero mistakes.
No Defense really needed as you watch this one, Mamonth's this Saturday so atleast they will be well rested :roll:

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”