DARTMOUTH 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: DARTMOUTH 2020

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Voyuer wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:20 pm OK if you do not know Fairfield County, is a hotbed of lax, then you don't know, but believe me when I say it is. Besides the public schools, who you should know, it feeds Brunswick, Fairfield Prep and half of the NEW players. This is coming from someone who has an MIAA background, and is still involved with an MIAA program. I have seen both areas up close and personal, and I know for a fact Fairfield County should be a much easier place for Dartmouth to recruit.
I doubt anyone would take exception with that being true.

But that's not really the point is it?
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 pm I agree with you, Ghost, on much of this.

Certainly there are lots of good players, lots with the appetite and credentials necessary for an Ivy-level admission slot.
We certainly don't need any particular area in order to build a successful program in Hanover.
On the other hand, we don't want to alienate any particular kids based on what school they attended.
Pretty sure our coaches would agree!

I also agree that it would be a real disservice to the kids for any HS or club coaches to steer kids away from Dartmouth because they got their nose out of joint in the turnover between Towers and Callahan. Or due to Callahan's rather tough-minded philosophy as he tried to build a new culture. Plenty perhaps to critique (and I have) about how Brendan went about that process, as he may well have been impolitic at times, but what we do know is that he was passionate about needing to make those changes. And he had the support of the Dartmouth AD and Administration as well as the vast majority of alums, particularly those closest to the program.

So, I agree as to the question as to what it says about a high school or club coach or 'parents' who are steering kids away from Dartmouth because they don't like Callahan. IMO, that makes them the jerk.

That said, I really question whether there's more than a handful of such people of influence out there with those sorts of motivations. There will always be some jerks and "jabronis" ;)

I think the challenge is more about demonstrating that playing lacrosse at Dartmouth versus at another Ivy or high academic alternative is a happy experience. Which of course includes being able to expect to win games against top competition, ideally to have a path to the NCAA's, etc. For some hungry players it may also include the opportunity to be a major impact player at a program on the rise.

Most importantly can a player expect to make lifelong friendships with guys they really like, forged in a common cause?

Of course, some guys will prefer to go to a city oriented school or a larger university rather than an experience in Hanover. That's cool. But those of us who did choose to go to Dartmouth undoubtedly appreciate the special dynamics of the place. That's who we need to attract.
So the Big Green finish the season at 3 - 1. It's not the sample size one might have liked to definitively declare that the program has turned the corner but it was without a doubt trending in the right direction during the four games of 2020. If we could only have seen how this squad would've competed against Carolina and in the IL but alas that wasn't to be. My question is, did the program show enough improvement over the course of those four games to continue to attract the type of talent required to fully right the ship? Certainly the quality of recruits has improved over the last few years and there are several of the '20 and '21 commits who appear to be a continuation of that trend. MD nailed the challenge and the expectation. It will be interesting to see how players weigh the impact of this abbreviated season in specific. There is no undergraduate experience like what Dartmouth has to offer. I hope that the Big Green lax experience is deemed to have increased in value this year.
Finish Strong
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sportin' Life wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 pm I agree with you, Ghost, on much of this.

Certainly there are lots of good players, lots with the appetite and credentials necessary for an Ivy-level admission slot.
We certainly don't need any particular area in order to build a successful program in Hanover.
On the other hand, we don't want to alienate any particular kids based on what school they attended.
Pretty sure our coaches would agree!

I also agree that it would be a real disservice to the kids for any HS or club coaches to steer kids away from Dartmouth because they got their nose out of joint in the turnover between Towers and Callahan. Or due to Callahan's rather tough-minded philosophy as he tried to build a new culture. Plenty perhaps to critique (and I have) about how Brendan went about that process, as he may well have been impolitic at times, but what we do know is that he was passionate about needing to make those changes. And he had the support of the Dartmouth AD and Administration as well as the vast majority of alums, particularly those closest to the program.

So, I agree as to the question as to what it says about a high school or club coach or 'parents' who are steering kids away from Dartmouth because they don't like Callahan. IMO, that makes them the jerk.

That said, I really question whether there's more than a handful of such people of influence out there with those sorts of motivations. There will always be some jerks and "jabronis" ;)

I think the challenge is more about demonstrating that playing lacrosse at Dartmouth versus at another Ivy or high academic alternative is a happy experience. Which of course includes being able to expect to win games against top competition, ideally to have a path to the NCAA's, etc. For some hungry players it may also include the opportunity to be a major impact player at a program on the rise.

Most importantly can a player expect to make lifelong friendships with guys they really like, forged in a common cause?

Of course, some guys will prefer to go to a city oriented school or a larger university rather than an experience in Hanover. That's cool. But those of us who did choose to go to Dartmouth undoubtedly appreciate the special dynamics of the place. That's who we need to attract.
So the Big Green finish the season at 3 - 1. It's not the sample size one might have liked to definitively declare that the program has turned the corner but it was without a doubt trending in the right direction during the four games of 2020. If we could only have seen how this squad would've competed against Carolina and in the IL but alas that wasn't to be. My question is, did the program show enough improvement over the course of those four games to continue to attract the type of talent required to fully right the ship? Certainly the quality of recruits has improved over the last few years and there are several of the '20 and '21 commits who appear to be a continuation of that trend. MD nailed the challenge and the expectation. It will be interesting to see how players weigh the impact of this abbreviated season in specific. There is no undergraduate experience like what Dartmouth has to offer. I hope that the Big Green lax experience is deemed to have increased in value this year.
I think this is nearly undoubtedly the case, though certainly it would have been great to have also accomplished that next step of upsetting a top ranked powerhouse.

But the trajectory has undeniably improved.

I'm sure we all feel badly, especially for the seniors.

But here's what I suspect about these guys, they have been well prepared through their journey through the Dartmouth experience, both on and off the field, to face, head on and clear eyed, the challenges, the disappointments and the triumphs their lives will bring them.

Best wishes to all.
NEWestFan

Post by NEWestFan »

Ghost wrote..."MD and Newest - So it seems that HS and Prep Coaches from a certain region got their feathers ruffled??"
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 pm I also agree that it would be a real disservice to the kids for any HS or club coaches to steer kids away from Dartmouth because they got their nose out of joint in the turnover between Towers and Callahan. Or due to Callahan's rather tough-minded philosophy as he tried to build a new culture. Plenty perhaps to critique (and I have) about how Brendan went about that process, as he may well have been impolitic at times, but what we do know is that he was passionate about needing to make those changes. And he had the support of the Dartmouth AD and Administration as well as the vast majority of alums, particularly those closest to the program.

MD, Ghost. I encourage you to reread my post. NO ONE is steering these kids away from Dartmouth, certainly not the Coaches or the Parents in the region. No one's feathers are ruffled and no one's nose is out of joint, if for no other reason than, as my statistics show, there are 6 other IVY schools that are very interested. The point that you keep missing is that many of these kids want to go to DARTMOUTH. Many of them are legacies.

I will be blunt. The problem is that BC will not take their calls, will not answer their emails/review their videos and is outright unwelcoming at prospect days. They are being ignored. Any blowback from the regime change has been on the part of the coaching staff and AD's office, not from the region. And GHOST, the kids don't lose (maybe the alumni parents do :) ) because they go elsewhere and do very well both on and off the field.

Why do I continue to harp on this when there are so many other important things going on? Because it is wrong, Dartmouth is the one that loses, and I' m simply hoping that someone on this damn thing can read this and do something about it.

The challenge for IVY league coaches are many but they include: attracting talent, admissions/satisfying AI requirements, Player and Parent buy in, and last but not least $$. There are 45 or so players on an IVY roster, only 20-25 see significant time. Why wouldn't you want to use a portion of the balance on talented kids who can help on all of these fronts. It's the secret sauce that all of the other IVY's are using and that seems to be lost on the current staff and administration. The problem with the prior regime wasn't the kids, but rather the Coaches who would have preferred being their fraternity brother than their Coach. JC knows better.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well, that's a pretty damning indictment, one which I do find difficult to believe.

Of course, that's because it makes so little sense. Really hard to believe any college coach would reject future kids from consideration because of the issues faced with an earlier set during a turnover, culture change period.

But hey, I could be wrong, so I'll keep an open mind.

But let's be clear, there really were "trolls" who were viciously delighting in the challenges Callahan was having in his first years. And, yeah, some of that was coming from at least one Brunswick parent, who, we gleaned, had quite the grudge. It was claimed at the time to be a wide felt view of others in Fairfield County that Callahan should not have cut various players.

And, yeah, the Towers connection was really strong in that group, and it sure felt seeded by his buddies if not himself.

But again, I'll keep an open mind as to whether there's any residual issue coming from the Dartmouth coaching staff.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

NEWestFan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:42 pm Ghost wrote..."MD and Newest - So it seems that HS and Prep Coaches from a certain region got their feathers ruffled??"
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 pm I also agree that it would be a real disservice to the kids for any HS or club coaches to steer kids away from Dartmouth because they got their nose out of joint in the turnover between Towers and Callahan. Or due to Callahan's rather tough-minded philosophy as he tried to build a new culture. Plenty perhaps to critique (and I have) about how Brendan went about that process, as he may well have been impolitic at times, but what we do know is that he was passionate about needing to make those changes. And he had the support of the Dartmouth AD and Administration as well as the vast majority of alums, particularly those closest to the program.

MD, Ghost. I encourage you to reread my post. NO ONE is steering these kids away from Dartmouth, certainly not the Coaches or the Parents in the region. No one's feathers are ruffled and no one's nose is out of joint, if for no other reason than, as my statistics show, there are 6 other IVY schools that are very interested. The point that you keep missing is that many of these kids want to go to DARTMOUTH. Many of them are legacies.

I will be blunt. The problem is that BC will not take their calls, will not answer their emails/review their videos and is outright unwelcoming at prospect days. They are being ignored. Any blowback from the regime change has been on the part of the coaching staff and AD's office, not from the region. And GHOST, the kids don't lose (maybe the alumni parents do :) ) because they go elsewhere and do very well both on and off the field.

Why do I continue to harp on this when there are so many other important things going on? Because it is wrong, Dartmouth is the one that loses, and I' m simply hoping that someone on this damn thing can read this and do something about it.

The challenge for IVY league coaches are many but they include: attracting talent, admissions/satisfying AI requirements, Player and Parent buy in, and last but not least $$. There are 45 or so players on an IVY roster, only 20-25 see significant time. Why wouldn't you want to use a portion of the balance on talented kids who can help on all of these fronts. It's the secret sauce that all of the other IVY's are using and that seems to be lost on the current staff and administration. The problem with the prior regime wasn't the kids, but rather the Coaches who would have preferred being their fraternity brother than their Coach. JC knows better.

NEWest Fan: I respect your passion and POV... is it possible that 2 things can be accurate at the same time?
...No coach is, and recruiting is not an exact science- the ole one mans trash, is another mans treasure...
That said, can we agree, and give BC some credit for reviving Dartmouth's Lax Program?
Given DC's inherent, unique & abundant program obstacles, ( and we know them well) -
...League practice restrictions, harsh weather conditions, lack of indoor facilities, Fraternties, Sophomore summers, top 10 ranked league opponents, poor reputations to reverse, etc...

BC hung in, and grinded, and grew as a coach...
His team seemed to have strong chemistry on/off field, we are proud of the vigorous effort despite score or record... they developed their own unique identity of physical toughness...
So yeah, he may miss a kid or two, that may fit the mould - but, pleasevstay w him, and help he n JC fine tune their recruiting message, re: uniqueness of DC, and that will help continue to bring athletes that helps us win, n be proud!!
Dartjd76

Post by Dartjd76 »

Since Coach stressed that strong senior leadership was a key element of the team's improvement this year, and because of the hard work all of the guys clearly have been putting in, I hope NCAA and IL grant another year to those seniors who want it. Because this shutdown affects so many big programs and sports, some type of adjustment seems likely. It is beyond me to suggest how it might work, but I hope the seniors get to take the field/court/diamond/pitch, etc. again if they want to. I also hope those last few weeks of college life for all the seniors are not too messed up as those are special times to create lasting bonds.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

TO: All Alumni, Parents & Friends of Dartmouth Varsity Athletics

It has been an incredible and unprecedented week, not only on our campus but throughout our country and across the globe. As we head into the weekend, I am writing to share some thoughts about what has proven to be one of the most difficult and emotional weeks I have witnessed in my professional career. The Ivy League and Dartmouth College have made a series of challenging decisions and we have done our best to deliver the news and address the various anticipated and unanticipated outcomes and questions as they have emerged.

Let me first say that I am heartbroken. I am heartbroken for our hard-working and dedicated student-athletes who have been denied their spring seasons and, in the case of our seniors, an appropriate and fitting end to their Dartmouth careers. I am also heartbroken for our entire student body, who must leave campus with so many uncertainties swirling around them. I am heartbroken for our coaches who have had to deliver some difficult news and have very emotional conversations over the last 48 hours. I am heartbroken for our parents, our alumni and campus community who have seen significant disruptions to their lives, their children’s lives, and who no longer have the pleasure of seeing our teams compete this academic year.

I am also equally proud of how our student-athletes have handled themselves and the maturity and composure they have displayed in large doses. I talk often about the role athletics plays in the education of a young person and there has been no better example of outcome than the response we have to this life-altering news. I am also proud of our coaches and my administrative colleagues who have worked so well together these last few days to communicate, problem solve, and communicate again while offering genuine empathy and support to all of our affected student-athletes.

These decisions happened at such a rate that there was justified shock, dismay and confusion among our student-athletes as news was delivered – first, the cancellation of spring trips, then of spring sports and winter championships, and then the move to remote learning at the start of spring term. None of these pronouncements were taken lightly and while the decisions of the League and our own President seemed bold at the time, I feel they are becoming more justified by the minute.

The associated value of acting swiftly is that we can engage in the important work of assessing the impact this will have on our department and our student-athletes. We have spent much of our time in the last few days working through the immediate operational needs of these decisions while also developing an ever-growing list of additional questions and items that need to be addressed. Things like academic impact, eligibility, training programs, medical support, financial needs, housing and travel are just a few that we are pursuing right now. I’m sure there will be others as time moves on and we learn more about the impact on our campus.

Our Dartmouth Peak Performance (DP2) staff is preparing to offer as many services to our student-athletes remotely as ever-changing NCAA rules and Ivy League guidelines allow, including strength training, sports medicine, academic advising, career counseling, nutrition guidance, sports psychology, leadership development, and mental performance training. We’ll be updating our coaches and student-athletes as soon as it becomes clear what we are and aren’t permitted to do during this unique time period.

In the days and weeks ahead, my fellow members of the President’s Cabinet and I will continue to monitor the situation and work together to make the very best decisions for Dartmouth. Because this is uncharted territory, we’re going to make some decisions with unknown outcomes, simply because it’s too volatile to anticipate all possibilities. You can trust that each decision will be made with careful consideration for the welfare of our students and student-athletes, with as much information as possible and in consultation with as many expert and informed perspectives as possible.

Finally, I want to thank everyone who has reached out and extended offers of support this week, whether directly to me or our coaches. We are all very appreciative of that and it provides a poignant reminder of just how special the Dartmouth community is and how much our alumni, parents and friends care. We won’t be able to get through this or move forward without you.

Stay safe and be well.

Harry Sheehy
Director of Athletics & Recreation
DCIII

Post by DCIII »

NEWest, let me offer you some assurance that you are not crazy or alone in your thoughts. I have heard about and experienced directly some of what you talk about. I've even heard similar rumblings from other Sports. It's because of this, that I would suggest that this could very well be the result of a much broader issue beyond lacrosse, its coaching staff or even the athletic department. The times are changing and Dartmouth and particularly legacy admissions are clearly under pressure in Fairfield County. I would say that goes for the Northeast in general. With regards to the spots available, it is up to admissions to handle the prioritization, but I would also guess that the development office has a heavy hand in this.

We will likely never hear anything about this from the administration or AD's office, but if my suspicion is true, I can imagine that it would be very difficult for a Coach to be caught in the middle of all of this. There IS a ton of top end talent in the area and a lot of recruits who would check a lot of boxes including development. I'm sure the Coaching staff would welcome help on both sides; with the proper messaging to these recruits as well with lobbying the prioritizing parties, because I agree with you that these bridges, or at least the option to use these bridge must remain open.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Fascinating.

Am I correct, DCIII, that your hypothesis is that because there's pressure against legacy advantaged admissions generally, and because there's a concentration of alumni in places in the Northeast like Fairfield County, there's a general experience of not getting the attention/support from admissions if from those regions?

So, the backdrop is a general anxiety/resentment from alumni from those areas?
And that this percolates through to the athletics dept and their expectations of admissions support for recruits from those areas?

And, perhaps because lax has a high income demographic, the likelihood of top recruits coming specifically from schools with lots of other 'qualified' candidates for admissions is high. So admissions may well be less supportive for those recruits...whereas, say, baseball may have a more national and broader demographic recruiting base in the first place?

Could be. And that could indeed encourage a coaching staff to come across as favoring other regions if only because they expect more admissions support for recruits without those overlaps.

And that could well lead to the kind of resentment we've indeed heard for a bunch of years now from at least some posters from that region. Double whammy of too many other applicants from those same schools and the pressure against legacy admits getting too much favor.

One question I would have is whether the pressure against legacy admits is higher at Dartmouth than our northeastern Ivy lax rivals, particularly Yale, Harvard, Brown... PU and Penn too...certainly there's a lot of pressure against legacy admissions advantages for all the Ivies, a lot of public attention is being paid to admissions criteria these days and legacy admissions is one of the hottest topics.

Is there a particular dynamic, perhaps because of size, that the pressure is felt more at Dartmouth, or earlier at Dartmouth, than other Ivies? I doubt our administration and Board is more naturally ''liberal" on such issues than our peers. But there could be a particular dynamic that emerged with Dartmouth earlier.

BTW, I can, with some confidence, say that the frustration for alumni from former generations whose children don't get admitted, despite every bit as much qualification as they themselves had, is not new. Every cycle of a more nationalized/internationalized applicant base has ramped up the bar for admissions across the board.

On our lax program in specific, I do know that lacrosse had developed a very poor relationship with the Admissions department during the immediately pre=Callahan period. Primarily this was due to off field issues. Developing a much better relationship with Admissions was a major priority. And we're told by various parties, who really do know, that the relationship has greatly improved. This DOES/WILL translate to improved support on the margins.

Perhaps that was a factor particular to lax as Callahan came aboard and for his first classes. But that was 4 years ago, so it should be normalized going forward, albeit with whatever other pressures DCIII is suggesting.
DCIII

Post by DCIII »

I can say with certainty that these tensions exist. What I can't say with certainty is how the admissions/development have chosen to deal with it.

As you rightly pointed out, Lacrosse has been, at least historically, a high income demographic sport. The same can be said of squash, crew, sailing, tennis, cross country and swimming. Not surprisingly, all of these sports target the same communities and often times the same specific schools. Communities and schools where there are already a significant number of academic, performing arts, legacy and let's be honest development candidates. If Dartmouth, at the same time, is trying to change the demographics of the overall student body in order to diversify away from these areas, then you will have fewer and fewer spots available for all of these candidates. The winners will be chosen by the mystical prioritization process.

Dartmouth is certainly not alone in its desire to reshape its student body, however it may be alone in its prioritization.
What's frustrating is that I know for a fact that you can check many of these boxes with the same candidate.

Maybe things will change after the $$$ campaign is over.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DCIII wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:51 pm I can say with certainty that these tensions exist. What I can't say with certainty is how the admissions/development have chosen to deal with it.

As you rightly pointed out, Lacrosse has been, at least historically, a high income demographic sport. The same can be said of squash, crew, sailing, tennis, cross country and swimming. Not surprisingly, all of these sports target the same communities and often times the same specific schools. Communities and schools where there are already a significant number of academic, performing arts, legacy and let's be honest development candidates. If Dartmouth, at the same time, is trying to change the demographics of the overall student body in order to diversify away from these areas, then you will have fewer and fewer spots available for all of these candidates. The winners will be chosen by the mystical prioritization process.

Dartmouth is certainly not alone in its desire to reshape its student body, however it may be alone in its prioritization.
What's frustrating is that I know for a fact that you can check many of these boxes with the same candidate.

Maybe things will change after the $$$ campaign is over.
Are you saying that you think that the $$$ potential of a particular legacy situation is actually trumping an athletic admit, if from a particular region/school? Not room for both?

I'm never surprised to see $$$ at any of these schools be a boost for a kid (See our current White House), but the price tag is huge. Let's just say that being a regular every-year $1k, 5k, $10k donor is meaningless, you gotta be able to pony up 6 figures to move that needle with $.

Seems to me that we may just be experiencing another wave of legacy frustration that just a small % of legacies actually do get admitted. The academic bar has definitely risen as the landscape has grown much more competitive.

But could be that double whammy of regional concentration, desire for more regional and other forms of diversity in background and experience.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:D
Our Cam Lee was a strong middie, but not an NHL hockey player.

Cam's joined the Friends Board and is contributing ongoing.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Coach Callahan reflects on the 2020 season: https://youtu.be/GY91tlv8F6U.
Finish Strong
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sportin' Life wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:45 am Coach Callahan reflects on the 2020 season: https://youtu.be/GY91tlv8F6U.
Very nice.
Loved the end... :D
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Ben Martin selected in the fourth round of the MLL draft: https://dartmouthsports.com/news/2020/5 ... draft.aspx.
Finish Strong
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Looks like the Big Green has added former Colby commit Kristof Proulx from AOF to the '20 class. https://www.instagram.com/p/CAvhtOoFgng/
Finish Strong
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

From Coach Callahan.

Dear Friends,

I am thrilled to announce the incoming class of Dartmouth men's lacrosse players. This group of 12 young men will provide help in key areas on the field, as well as being positive additions off the field. They will be a valuable piece to our program’s success and I am excited to see what they are able to help us accomplish.

Logan Tucker
Hometown/High School: Greenwich, CT. / The Lawrenceville School
Club: Sweetlax Florida
Position: Face-off
Height/Weight: 6-1 / 200
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse, wrestling, and crew in high school career. 2019 New Jersey Under Armour Underclassman All-American. Midnight madness attendee.
Highlight Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWRjMUG ... e=youtu.be

Hunter Binney
Hometown/High School: Carlsbad, CA. / La Costa Canyon High School
Club: SoCal Bulls / West Coast Stars
Position: Goalie
Height/Weight: 5-11 / 170
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse and football in high school career. 2018 West Under Armour Underclassman All-American. 2020 La Costa Canyon Male Athlete of the year. 2020 High School Sports Association Scholar Athlete of the Year for La Costa Canyon. 2020 Adrenaline Lacrosse All American. Junior year Lacrosse Co-Unsung hero. Senior year Football William Bennet Most Inspirational Player. Senior year Football 2nd Team All Avacado League Strong Safety. Senior year Football Dr. Pepper Most Inspirational Player 2019. Six-Time LCC Scholar Athlete. Four-Time San Diego Union Tribune All-Academic Team.
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcD8UEBnav8

Jack Cooleen
Hometown/High School: Princeton, NJ. / The Lawrenceville School
Club: Leading Edge
Position: Defense
Height/Weight: 6-6 / 242
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse, basketball, and football in high school career. 2019 and 2018 New Jersey Under Armour Underclassman All-American. New Jersey top 50 list Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years. Senior year top players watch list in New Jersey.
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f690spn ... e=youtu.be

Blake Brookes
Hometown/High School: Boston, MA. / Belmont Hill School
Club: Laxachuesetts
Position: Defense
Height/Weight: 6-4 / 218
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse, basketball, and football in high school career.
2018 New England Under Armour Underclassman All-American. Junior Year Lacrosse All ISL League. Junior Year Boston Lacrosse All American.
Highlight Video https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5410947/5e ... 1090d37466

Peter Lapina
Hometown/High School: Manhasset, NY. / Manhasset High School
Club: Tenacious Turtles
Position: Attack
Height/Weight: 6-0 / 175
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse and football in high school career. 2019 Long Island Under Armour Underclassman All-American. Junior Year Lacrosse All Nassau county. Junior Year Lacrosse Academic All American.
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDF5ANw ... ture=share

Henry Bonnie
Hometown/High School: San Francisco, CA. / Deerfield Academy
Club: 3D Norcal
Height/Weight: 6-0 / 205
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse and football in high school career. 2019 West Under Armour Underclassman All-American.
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gj51vWjnAE&t=13s

Nate Davis
Hometown/High School: Bronxville, NY / Bronxville High School
Club: Westchester Predators
Height/Weight: 5-8 / 172
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse and cross-country in high school career. Sophomore Lacrosse All-League Class D. Junior year Lacrosse All League Class D. Junior year Lacrosse All Section 1. Junior year Lacrosse NYSSWA 2nd Team All-NY State. Junior Lacrosse All Hudson Valley. Senior year Elite 11 (Hudson Valley / Rockland).
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9diqR3w49s

Cooper Higgins
Hometown/High School: Atlanta, GA. / The Lovett School / Phillips Exeter Academy
Club: LB3 Thunder
Position: Midfield
Height/Weight: 5’10/ 170
Accolades: Lettered four years in lacrosse at Lovett before his PG year at Exeter. 2019 South Under Armour Underclassman All-American. Sophomore year lacrosse Second team All-State. Junior year lacrosse First team All-State. Senior year US Lacrosse All American.
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsBkgaNfsTc&t=9s

Michael Mauricio
Hometown/High School: Westport, CT. / Brunswick School
Club: Eclipse
Height/Weight: 5’7 / 172
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse and wrestling in high school career. 2018 Connecticut Under Armour Underclassman All-American. Midnight madness attendee. Senior year Lacrosse Durkin Award.
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byt7EAf ... e=youtu.be

Ben DiGiovanni
Hometown/High School: Pittsford, NY. / Pittsford High School
Club: Sweetlax, NY
Height/Weight: 6-5 / 190
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse and basketball in high school career. 2019 Upstate Under Armour Underclassman All-American. Senior year basketball captain and 1st Team All County. Senior year Basketball All State Honorable Mention. Junior year Lacrosse 1st Team All County. Sophomore Lacrosse Honorable Mention All County. Senior year Basketball All Tournament Team. Junior year Basketball All Tournament Team. Senior year Basketball Rochester Ronald McDonald Senior All Star. Senior High School Award – Marine Corp Distinguished Athlete Award.
Highlight Video https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10499711/5 ... 0b30f5c2ed

Preferred Walk-Ons:

Lenox Huh
Hometown/High School: Palo Alto, CA./ IMG Academy
Club: ADVNC
Height/Weight: 5-10 / 165
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse during high school career.
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S0RsPycBMk&t=3s

Kristof Proulx
Hometown/High School: Pembroke Pines, FL. / Avon Old Farms School
Club: Nations United
Height/Weight: 6-4 / 215
Accolades: Lettered in lacrosse and football in high school career.
Highlight Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC7TsfCz8pk&t=197s

Go Green,

Brendan

----
Brendan Callahan
Head Coach
Dartmouth Men's Lacrosse
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Capping the '20 discussion with Academic AA honors for Ben Martin and James Sullivan: https://dartmouthsports.com/news/2020/6 ... icans.aspx.
Finish Strong

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”