2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Impeachment?

Post by old salt »

In his Q&A from Wilmington today, Pres elect Biden observed that the Congressional objectors did not encourage a mob to storm the Capitol.
Spoken like an elected official who appreciates the value of open Congressional debate.
The zealots here whose Russia paranoia has been replaced by neo-Nazi paranoia should learn from his wisdom.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 am A very cogent explanation of the tactics of the Big Lie and its connection to the label "American Nazis". All those spreading the Big Lie are complicit. Plenty of 'good' Germans enabled their own Big Lie without actually being brown shirts...all those who did so, who profited from it, were complicit.

Salty seems to think there are 'reasons' why 75 million people hate Dems so much they just had to vote for a known POS of the worst sort.

The combination of white resentment and fear is what undergirds all of this, with 'any and all means' justified. American Nazi is appropriate.
Unlike you, 75 million people don't vote based on hate.
Speaking for 74,999,999 people you don’t know now. Who’s putting words in mouths of others? Or are you Gabriel for this cause?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:35 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm Yes. I think Biden won the election, under the rules in effect. It has not yet been adjudicated whether or not all those rules were constitutional -- e.g. SCOTUS wouldn't hear the PA case (which Hawley was arguing again, in his 5 min protest) despite Alito's interest in it.
You can't even hide your motive well. Neither can your Big Lie buddies.

In what magic world is ONLY the TrumpBiden portion of a ballot in question? You guys can't even clutch the right pearls, FFS.

Take you time, and explain that to me, OS. Show me one single State ballot that's being protested? In other words, Georgia is at issue in your Big Lie world, right?

Do you know how many elections happened in Georgia? Here's a Fulton County sample ballot. https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_officia ... lots,_2020

Did any of the Republican winners say "gee whiz golly, this election might be fraudulent----I really shouldn't take my seat in the Georgia Legislature?"

F no. Well, why not? Republicans are saying it was fraudulent without any evidence...so then why are the R's taking their seats in the GA legislature in January? Take your time inventing an answer here.

You don't care about fair elections. Or absentee ballots. Or any other made up excuse you can come up with. You're upset that your team didn't win.

Remember your advice after 2016? Quit your juvenile whining, and run better candidates next time. Grow up.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm We don't yet now the extent of fraud or irregularities.
Right. In other words, you want NASA to prove to you that the moon landing wasn't staged and fake.

Let me show you how dumb this idea of yours is: I allege that the 2016 election was fraudulent, with zero evidence in hand. And it's up to Old Salt to prove otherwise. So go ahead and try and do that for me. Good luck. (you can't do it)

See....how it works is.....YOU have to prove the fraud, OS. You, like so many of your fellow Republicans, have everything backwards.
Victimhood at its finest. Grievance and grievance of unfairness from liars and cheaters.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:35 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm Yes. I think Biden won the election, under the rules in effect. It has not yet been adjudicated whether or not all those rules were constitutional -- e.g. SCOTUS wouldn't hear the PA case (which Hawley was arguing again, in his 5 min protest) despite Alito's interest in it.
You can't even hide your motive well. Neither can your Big Lie buddies.

In what magic world is ONLY the TrumpBiden portion of a ballot in question? You guys can't even clutch the right pearls, FFS.

Take you time, and explain that to me, OS. Show me one single State ballot that's being protested? In other words, Georgia is at issue in your Big Lie world, right?

Do you know how many elections happened in Georgia? Here's a Fulton County sample ballot. https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_officia ... lots,_2020

Did any of the Republican winners say "gee whiz golly, this election might be fraudulent----I really shouldn't take my seat in the Georgia Legislature?"

F no. Well, why not? Republicans are saying it was fraudulent without any evidence...so then why are the R's taking their seats in the GA legislature in January? Take your time inventing an answer here.

You don't care about fair elections. Or absentee ballots. Or any other made up excuse you can come up with. You're upset that your team didn't win.

Remember your advice after 2016? Quit your juvenile whining, and run better candidates next time. Grow up.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm We don't yet now the extent of fraud or irregularities.
Right. In other words, you want NASA to prove to you that the moon landing wasn't staged and fake.

Let me show you how dumb this idea of yours is: I allege that the 2016 election was fraudulent, with zero evidence in hand. And it's up to Old Salt to prove otherwise. So go ahead and try and do that for me. Good luck. (you can't do it)

See....how it works is.....YOU have to prove the fraud, OS. You, like so many of your fellow Republicans, have everything backwards.
Blah, blah, blah. Don't let the (D)'s rig the game before the next election.
Exactly. Discourse of champions! I’m surprised you didn’t put fingers in your ears and starting singing a rhyme over and over loudly.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:11 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 am A very cogent explanation of the tactics of the Big Lie and its connection to the label "American Nazis". All those spreading the Big Lie are complicit. Plenty of 'good' Germans enabled their own Big Lie without actually being brown shirts...all those who did so, who profited from it, were complicit.

Salty seems to think there are 'reasons' why 75 million people hate Dems so much they just had to vote for a known POS of the worst sort.

The combination of white resentment and fear is what undergirds all of this, with 'any and all means' justified. American Nazi is appropriate.
I really don’t recall you constantly reminding us that more people voted for Hillary. Trump got 74 million votes and lost.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1251845
You're a big boy with a D III education in tv watching. You don't need me to remind you.
Privately paid for too.
But it’s liberal arts. Whaaa
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:47 pm Salty is delusional. Happy to pull everyone's chains here with infinite BS and enjoy it. A thermonuclear weasel like his MO pal Hawley. The fact that he can complain about fraud on only the Presdential ballot and not all of the others should tell you all you need to know.
...& it's so easy with this bunch.

One IA House race was decided by 6 votes. A still undecided NY House race, last recount I heard, had a 19 vote margin.
A little bit of fraud happens in all elections, but it's ok because it's not widespread enough to matter.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:40 pm

I really don’t recall you constantly reminding us that more people voted for Hillary. Trump got 74 million votes and lost.

You're a big boy with a D III education in tv watching. You don't need me to remind you.
Privately paid for too.
This is great. Another name calling stalker. Don't publish my book.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:11 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:04 pm An interesting read. We’re seeing it her at fanlax too.
Left pounce me to spin the events in DC.
Be wary of where you send your kid to school.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/academics ... narrative/
Academics, teachers pounce on the Capitol chaos narrative
DAVE HUBER - ASSOCIATE EDITOR
JANUARY 9, 2021
SHARE THIS ARTICLE: The College Fix on Facebook The College Fix on Twitter The College Fix on Reddit The College Fix on Parler Share on Email

A nigh-perfect example of why so many believe America’s public schools are filled with progressive ideologues is featured in this Education Week report about Wednesday’s U.S. Capitol mob riot.

Ed Week is little different from other mainstream media; certain terminology and narratives often are utilized despite ridiculous hypocrisy.

And that’s the issue with what happened in Washington, DC: The vast majority of right-leaning folks and Trump supporters do not support what transpired at the Capitol. They do have an issue with the media treating the incident like the apocalypse while every possible excuse was utilized in commentary about last summer’s Black Lives Matter/Antifa protests.

The Ed Week piece begins with the title and first paragraph: “Insurgency at the U.S. Capitol: A Dreaded, Real-Life Lesson Facing Teachers,” with authors Madeline Will and Stephen Sawchuk referring to the protesters as “a violent, far-right mob.” But “insurgency” implies (and even denotes) folks being armed, and so far there is no indication any the Capitol protesters were.

(Keep in mind: When demonstrators are progressive, their actions are “mostly peaceful” with just a smattering of troublemakers.)

To help bolster their case, the authors note — devoid of context — that “a woman was shot inside the Capitol and later died.” According to reports, the woman was a Trump supporter and an unarmed 14-year Air Force veteran. She was shot by a police officer.

Need it be mentioned how progressives feel about law enforcement shooting unarmed people/protesters? (A police officer did succumb to an injury sustained during the Capitol riot after the Ed Week article was published.)

Will and Sawchuk then move on to the inevitable race component, because everything is somehow so linked these days: “Among the difficult subtexts [for teachers]: the unsubtle implication of scenes of a violent, mostly white crowd rampaging through the Capitol practically unchecked, compared with often forceful put downs of last summer’s Black Lives Matter protests.”

Academics and several of the Ed Week authors’ subjects back this up, citing “white privilege” and hyperbole like “coup” and “armed occupation.” Social studies teacher Adam Dyche used the latter definitively but wasn’t quite “sure yet” about the former. (A social studies educator thinks a coup can occur with no weapons in hand and no military behind in your corner?)

The president of the Common App jumped in on this theme with an email to students claiming that “violent white supremacist insurrectionists” were responsible for the Capitol mob, and alleging that “the stark differences between how peaceful Black and brown protesters have been treated for years relative to Wednesday’s coup” once again show how America suffers from systemic racism.

In my home state of Delaware, the president of the Delaware State Education Association, (the state NEA affiliate) referred to Wednesday’s events as “seditious acts” and implored the state’s teachers to “come together and move forward” with the Biden administration.

But are these racial complaints accurate? Examples like this — where police allowed BLM/Antifa to illegally occupy a house stocked with firearms for months without consequence, and how a separate “country,” or “a homeland for racial justice” as The New York Times called it, was established in the middle of Seattle for a few weeks — are but two contradictions of the narrative.

Not to mention, consider the cost of last summer’s BLM/Antifa protests and riots, in both property and lives.

The first commenter to the Ed Week piece gives a glimmer of hope that there are still clear-thinking teachers out there: “How are we leading our kids to be independent thinkers when we push them in such an obvious viewpoint. I am disappointed and embarrassed that there is such little integrity in these pieces.”

Indeed. Let me assist those like Mr. Dyche with their seeming difficulties in planning and presenting “controversial” lessons in a balanced manner:

— First, note that violence against people and people’s property is not the answer when protesting a political issue, whether it’s Black Lives Matter, Occupy Wall Street or Trump supporters angry about election irregularities.

— Do an in-depth examination of the complaints of Black Lives Matter and those of Trump supporters upset about the election. Compare/contrast their reactions and how the media covered both. Include statistical analyses. Compare and contrast how Democrat and Republican politicians responded and reacted to both.

— Play devil’s advocate from both sides in response to student queries. For example, note specific statistics about police shootings and bring up how courts treated objections to Trump camp complaints about election fraud. Compare and contrast how the media utilized both.

Unfortunately, with today’s ed schools churning out more social justice advocates than actual educators, balanced lessons will be fewer and further between. Conservative/Republican parents need to continue their vigilance about what is being taught to their children, and they need to confront teachers and administrators when the narrative follows that of Education Week.
Mine went to private school.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-hous ... yURL_share
More so - Be wary here they go to college.

Speaking of learning- Sunny day here in MD. Had a good workout with a handful of MIAA laxers today. Some from your family’s alma mater, I believe...
Get it in while you can. Hoping there is some lax this Spring....both of mine went to private colleges. We were happy with both schools.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:10 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 pm You want this all wrapped up with a bow, so we can move on.
No. I want fully-grown American adults like you to come up with arguments that make some semblance of sense. You can't come on here and tell us that only one part of a Georgia ballot with 20+ elections are fraudulent. This is flat Earth level stupidity. Stop it.

And as I have said multiple times----the only thing that will stop these fake complaints of yours is Republican wins. You're doing the bidding of your Republican leaders, and you are way the F too smart to fall for it. They're complaining about elections because it keeps you in the base. I've seen your economic ideas, Old Salt. Your ideas are FAR better served in the Dem party. But you stick with the R's because of nonsense like fake election complaints.

I told you after the 2016 election that your team wouldn't life a single finger to "fix" the fake complaints about Voter ID. And what happened? That's right-----not one single Republican run State (there were 22 of them at the time) made it mandatory to vote with a valid State ID in hand. What's your excuse for this inaction? Were they busy? Did they forget? :roll:

And after the 2020 election? There are 22 States run by your party. And as it was in 2016, not a single one of these States are going to "fix" the elections to eliminate these complaints. At what point do you wake up and realize that these aren't real election complaints, OS? You're being played, and you're smarter than this. I mean, come on: "whoops", the Republican-run Georgia "forgot" to make their elections sound over the last four years?

Wake up.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 pm Not gonna happen. Both parties are going to try to game the system to their advantage before the next election. The issue is not going away, as much as you'd like it to.
? YOU are the one who's been insisting that the Republicans are going to audit and "fix" elections, not me.

I'm the one who has been telling you---for years now----that Republicans aren't going to do diddly to "fix" elections because, A. there's nothing to fix, and B. these claims keep voters like you in line, and in their pocket. Nice job falling for it.....
You believe any of the superficial arguing he does is because of, or even believes in, the election fantasy concocted by a bunch of fascist, self serving power hungry (unfortunately) power hungry republican politicians and one seditionist? That’s part of the bad faith everyone is finally hip to and highlighting here.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:35 pm I do get a kick out of the fact that the T**** anarchists think they can avoid being caught by shaving their facial hair.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T_x6QmuJdms
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:53 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 pm You want this all wrapped up with a bow, so we can move on.
No. I want fully-grown American adults like you to come up with arguments that make some semblance of sense. You can't come on here and tell us that only one part of a Georgia ballot with 20+ elections are fraudulent. This is flat Earth level stupidity. Stop it.

And as I have said multiple times----the only thing that will stop these fake complaints of yours is Republican wins. You're doing the bidding of your Republican leaders, and you are way the F too smart to fall for it. They're complaining about elections because it keeps you in the base. I've seen your economic ideas, Old Salt. Your ideas are FAR better served in the Dem party. But you stick with the R's because of nonsense like fake election complaints.

I told you after the 2016 election that your team wouldn't life a single finger to "fix" the fake complaints about Voter ID. And what happened? That's right-----not one single Republican run State (there were 22 of them at the time) made it mandatory to vote with a valid State ID in hand. What's your excuse for this inaction? Were they busy? Did they forget? :roll:

And after the 2020 election? There are 22 States run by your party. And as it was in 2016, not a single one of these States are going to "fix" the elections to eliminate these complaints. At what point do you wake up and realize that these aren't real election complaints, OS? You're being played, and you're smarter than this. I mean, come on: "whoops", the Republican-run Georgia "forgot" to make their elections sound over the last four years?

Wake up.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 pm Not gonna happen. Both parties are going to try to game the system to their advantage before the next election. The issue is not going away, as much as you'd like it to.
? YOU are the one who's been insisting that the Republicans are going to audit and "fix" elections, not me.

I'm the one who has been telling you---for years now----that Republicans aren't going to do diddly to "fix" elections because, A. there's nothing to fix, and B. these claims keep voters like you in line, and in their pocket. Nice job falling for it.....
You believe any of the superficial arguing he does is because of, or even believes in, the election fantasy concocted by a bunch of fascist, self serving power hungry (unfortunately) power hungry republican politicians and one seditionist? That’s part of the bad faith everyone is finally hip to and highlighting here.
Take a breath man. Do you speak in such overwrought run on sentences ?
njbill

Post by njbill »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:29 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:00 pm The individual carrying the zip ties has been identified. A retired Lieutenant Colonel Larry Rendall Brock, Jr. has been terminated from his job following a report in the New Yorker that identified him.

"Family members and a friend told the magazine the Air Force Academy graduate and combat veteran had grown more radical in recent years. At least two researchers told the New Yorker that they had identified Brock through facial recognition technology. The researchers did not immediately respond to requests for comment." Brock has admitted that it was him in the videos / photos.
What a hoot. He claims he found the zip ties on the floor. 😂
I guess that’s better than saying he bought them in the Capitol gift shop.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:04 pm An interesting read. We’re seeing it her at fanlax too.

JANUARY 9, 2021
SHARE THIS ARTICLE: The College Fix on Facebook The College Fix on Twitter The College Fix on Reddit The College Fix on Parler Share on Email

A nigh-perfect example of why so many believe America’s public schools are filled with progressive ideologues is featured in this Education Week report about Wednesday’s U.S. Capitol mob riot.

Ed Week is little different from other mainstream media; certain terminology and narratives often are utilized despite ridiculous hypocrisy.

And that’s the issue with what happened in Washington, DC: The vast majority of right-leaning folks and Trump supporters do not support what transpired at the Capitol. They do have an issue with the media treating the incident like the apocalypse while every possible excuse was utilized in commentary about last summer’s Black Lives Matter/Antifa protests.

The Ed Week piece begins with the title and first paragraph: “Insurgency at the U.S. Capitol: A Dreaded, Real-Life Lesson Facing Teachers,” with authors Madeline Will and Stephen Sawchuk referring to the protesters as “a violent, far-right mob.” But “insurgency” implies (and even denotes) folks being armed, and so far there is no indication any the Capitol protesters were.

(Keep in mind: When demonstrators are progressive, their actions are “mostly peaceful” with just a smattering of troublemakers.)

To help bolster their case, the authors note — devoid of context — that “a woman was shot inside the Capitol and later died.” According to reports, the woman was a Trump supporter and an unarmed 14-year Air Force veteran. She was shot by a police officer.

Need it be mentioned how progressives feel about law enforcement shooting unarmed people/protesters? (A police officer did succumb to an injury sustained during the Capitol riot after the Ed Week article was published.)

Will and Sawchuk then move on to the inevitable race component, because everything is somehow so linked these days: “Among the difficult subtexts [for teachers]: the unsubtle implication of scenes of a violent, mostly white crowd rampaging through the Capitol practically unchecked, compared with often forceful put downs of last summer’s Black Lives Matter protests.”

Academics and several of the Ed Week authors’ subjects back this up, citing “white privilege” and hyperbole like “coup” and “armed occupation.” Social studies teacher Adam Dyche used the latter definitively but wasn’t quite “sure yet” about the former. (A social studies educator thinks a coup can occur with no weapons in hand and no military behind in your corner?)

The president of the Common App jumped in on this theme with an email to students claiming that “violent white supremacist insurrectionists” were responsible for the Capitol mob, and alleging that “the stark differences between how peaceful Black and brown protesters have been treated for years relative to Wednesday’s coup” once again show how America suffers from systemic racism.

In my home state of Delaware, the president of the Delaware State Education Association, (the state NEA affiliate) referred to Wednesday’s events as “seditious acts” and implored the state’s teachers to “come together and move forward” with the Biden administration.

But are these racial complaints accurate? Examples like this — where police allowed BLM/Antifa to illegally occupy a house stocked with firearms for months without consequence, and how a separate “country,” or “a homeland for racial justice” as The New York Times called it, was established in the middle of Seattle for a few weeks — are but two contradictions of the narrative.

Not to mention, consider the cost of last summer’s BLM/Antifa protests and riots, in both property and lives.

The first commenter to the Ed Week piece gives a glimmer of hope that there are still clear-thinking teachers out there: “How are we leading our kids to be independent thinkers when we push them in such an obvious viewpoint. I am disappointed and embarrassed that there is such little integrity in these pieces.”

Indeed. Let me assist those like Mr. Dyche with their seeming difficulties in planning and presenting “controversial” lessons in a balanced manner:

— First, note that violence against people and people’s property is not the answer when protesting a political issue, whether it’s Black Lives Matter, Occupy Wall Street or Trump supporters angry about election irregularities.

— Do an in-depth examination of the complaints of Black Lives Matter and those of Trump supporters upset about the election. Compare/contrast their reactions and how the media covered both. Include statistical analyses. Compare and contrast how Democrat and Republican politicians responded and reacted to both.

— Play devil’s advocate from both sides in response to student queries. For example, note specific statistics about police shootings and bring up how courts treated objections to Trump camp complaints about election fraud. Compare and contrast how the media utilized both.

Unfortunately, with today’s ed schools churning out more social justice advocates than actual educators, balanced lessons will be fewer and further between. Conservative/Republican parents need to continue their vigilance about what is being taught to their children, and they need to confront teachers and administrators when the narrative follows that of Education Week.
Where are these cats destroying the nations capitol like a bunch of crybaby sore losers while carrying lethal weapons go to school? It’s not the school of hard knocks because they would be been knocked out like Apollo Creed was by Drago if that were really true.

ImageThe College Fix › home
Web Result with Site Links
The College Fix
Original, student-reported. Your daily dose of right-minded news and commentary from across the nation.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Privately paid for too.
This is great. Another name calling stalker. Don't publish my book.
Looking in the mirror? Have you forgotten your direct name calling and childish gibberish? You clearly don’t read critically at all. The last part just sounds like crazy person talk-no one wants to read your book of fantasy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:53 pm

Wake up.

Take a breath man. Do you speak in such overwrought run on sentences ?
I do just fine and breath the cool clean air of living in the real world. Haven’t had a problem with local community groups, sports teams, my church leaders or CEOs of businesses understanding me enough. That’s good for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:50 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:11 pm

JANUARY 9, 2021

Mine went to private school.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-hous ... yURL_share
More so - Be wary here they go to college.

Speaking of learning- Sunny day here in MD. Had a good workout with a handful of MIAA laxers today. Some from your family’s alma mater, I believe...
Get it in while you can. Hoping there is some lax this Spring....both of mine went to private colleges. We were happy with both schools.
I mean let’s be honest. They would’ve been waaay better off going to Hobart, but it’s not meant to be for everyone. :D
njbill

Post by njbill »

T**** should be impeached and removed from office notwithstanding the fact that his term is ending shortly. Congress simply must lay down a clear and strong marker that a president who incites insurrection and law-breaking in an effort to overturn a valid election must be removed from office.

T**** told his supporters to march on the Capitol. He told them to take action to get Congress to approve the (illegal) objections members were going to make to the electoral count. His purpose was to overthrow the duly elected president. He exhorted his fellow seditionists to break the law, to engage in violence. He tried to carefully craft his words, much as a mafia boss would, to try to make his meaning and intentions appear ambiguous. They weren’t. It was clear what he wanted his supporters to do. Pretty small leap (if a leap at all) to say he wanted his supporters to break into the Capitol Building and at a minimum confront and even intimidate members to vote for the objections.

The illegal acts included trespass, breaking and entering, assault on police, assaulting and harassing members of Congress. That some of his supporters went even further and committed murder, vandalism, and attempted false imprisonment and kidnapping (what else is the purpose of a zip tie?) is no defense. Once you start the engine of the revolution, you are responsible for all of its consequences, all of which were foreseeable.

He watched the events as they unfolded on TV. He cheered the rioters on (jumping on the couch like Tom Cruise on Oprah), much as he would encourage violence at his rallies and in his speeches. He only released the hostage videos after his WH counsel told him he had exposed himself to criminal liability and better do something to stop the bleeding. There is no attorney-client privilege between Cipollone and T****. One expects Cipollone will give truthful grand jury testimony, and that it will be damaging to T****. As will the testimony from those who saw him praising his supporters who were assaulting the Capitol. All of that will be very damaging evidence against T****.

He’s guilty of starting the insurrection and inciting all of the riotous conduct that occurred. He is criminally culpable for many of the crimes that occurred. But his criminal indictment will have to await the new administration. I hope his case is assigned to Judge Sullivan and that the tongue lashing the judge gives him makes the one he gave Flynn sound like a nursery rhyme.

T****’s goal was to get Congress to disallow a sufficient number of electoral votes so that Biden wouldn’t get to 270. T**** thought that the House would then decide who the next president would be; and he thought he would prevail. First of all, I’m not so sure a couple of House delegations wouldn’t have done the right thing and voted for Biden. But in any event, does T**** really think Nancy Pelosi would have allowed the House to vote on the question? Yeh, sure. Just after Mitch allowed a vote on Merrick Garland. So if T****’s little revolution had played out, Pelosi would have become president on Jan. 20. As I have said before, T**** is dumb dumb dumb. Joe may be lukewarm about going after Trump. I don’t think the same would be true of President Pelosi.

Do the Dems in the House have the votes to impeach? I suspect so. Otherwise Pelosi wouldn’t be pushing this. I suspect some moderate Ds aren’t too keen on impeachment due to the timing, but will be swept along with the tide. The reporting is that some Rs will also vote to impeach. Will be interesting to see how many end up doing so.

After showing a nanosecond of patriotism the other day, Moscow Mitch is once again pulling back into his turtle shell and will duck the impeachment trial in the Senate, kicking the can until after the inauguration.

What happens then? It isn’t crystal clear that a trial on removal should proceed after T**** is out of office. In a court, you’d expect his lawyers to move to dismiss on mootness grounds. Such a motion probably would be granted. But the Senate trial is not an Article III trial. The Senate makes the rules and decides the motions. The Ds will need at least one R Senator to come on board on all rules and motions. I suspect they will be able to do so. I also suspect the Senate will vote down a motion to dismiss on mootness grounds.

At the end of the day, I doubt there will be 17 R Senators who vote to convict, but it might get uncomfortably close for the T****ster.

The next question is whether the Senate will vote to disqualify T**** from holding further office. That vote need only be by a majority (say the commentators). One would think there would be a majority for that. But can the Senate vote to disqualify if it has acquitted him on the removal charge? The language of the Constitution would seem to permit that, but it isn’t crystal clear. And would such a vote be reviewable in court, not on its merits, but on whether the Senate has the constitutional power to disqualify if they don’t remove? Would certainly make for an interesting court case.

So now Rudy and the Dersh may be representing T**** at Impeachment Trial No. 2. Oh, what fun. The Kraken probably won’t be involved because she will be busy trying to hide her assets and figuring out a way how to keep her anticipated future right wing media income sources away from Dominion. Good luck with that. And poor Sid. Intentional torts aren’t dischargeable in bankruptcy. Maybe she can clean toilets at Dominion’s offices to work off her debt.
old salt

Post by old salt »

If Trump is impeached by the House before he leaves office, but not convicted by the Senate until after he leaves office, can he still be barred from holding future office ? Would SCOTUS find that Constitutional ? Would there be due process questions if precedent is not followed with full House hearings & a Senate trial ? If they do it, they need to make it stick & drive a stake through his heart, so there's no question that he can't run again.

It's not worth doing just for political purposes. It will be very risky. After this past week, the country's ready to blow apart.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Trump’s call is still a crime, even if he believes his own fraud fantasies

Intent matters, but you can’t avoid liability by deciding you live in an alternate reality

By Trevor Potter and Mark Gaber
Jan. 5, 2021 at 2:21 p.m. EST

President Trump’s call demanding Georgia officials “find 11,780 votes” and reverse the election results in the state was his most brazen abuse of power yet. If Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger didn’t go along with Trump’s scheme and “recalculate” the vote, the president warned, “it’s going to be very costly in many ways,” threatening that Georgia authorities were committing a “criminal offense” by not endorsing Trump’s false voter fraud claims. The president’s conduct violates the letter and spirit of federal and Georgia criminal laws prohibiting attempts to procure false election results and to solicit election fraud.

Since then, some experts have raised questions about whether Trump’s attempted bullying can be prosecuted because of a possible lack of “intent.” The thought is: If the president truly believes the false allegations he is spreading, then his req...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “POLITICS”