Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Guess it’s just a matter of how the intent is classified.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ggait

Post by ggait »

Sure.

If the contract says “I keep $3 million even if I quit or get fired after two weeks” then a deal is a deal.

If it was a retainer (my guess) then no.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

But you'd all still vote for him over this demon Joe Biden, right?

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 3049798656
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Orange Cheato referred to Mitch McConnell's spouse Elaine Chao (his appointed Transportation Secretary) as “Coco Chow" a derisive Asian slur yesterday.

Whatever we may think of the McConnell's, this is truly beyond the pale. :oops:

Thermonuclear d-bag.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:24 am But you'd all still vote for him over this demon Joe Biden, right?

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 3049798656
... sure seemed like a pretty clear death threat given the context of events at the time.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:24 pm Sure.

If the contract says “I keep $3 million even if I quit or get fired after two weeks” then a deal is a deal.

If it was a retainer (my guess) then no.
A smart person would make it non refundable.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Watched the circus last night and love the Trump speech where he goes early on “have you ever heard about me?”. Then he talks about fighting and knocking people out as if he wasn’t the least athletic, softest feline on the planet. Make America great again apparently being a bombastic charming soft child.

King of the (mental/ethical) midgets.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Milks Sheep.jpeg
Milks Sheep.jpeg (86.99 KiB) Viewed 633 times
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:21 amMilks Sheep.jpeg
His hands are cold.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:26 am
His hands are cold.
:lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:26 am
His hands are cold.
Even sheep need lubricant
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

CU88

Post by CU88 »

Trump "will be convicted of multiple felonies": George Conway on the bumpy road ahead
Longtime GOP lawyer says Trump won't take a deal and will call for MAGA violence — but his time is almost up
By CHAUNCEY DEVEGA
Senior Writer
PUBLISHED OCTOBER 3, 2022 6:30AM (EDT)

https://www.salon.com/2022/10/03/will-b ... oad-ahead/

I don't know what the Republican Party stands for now, other than placating Trump. It doesn't even stand for America's national interests anymore.

I don't think it really means anything right now. For a lot of people, it means supporting Trump. That's one of the main reasons why I left the Republican Party and registered as an unaffiliated voter in March of 2018. At that point it was clear to me that the Republican Party had become a Trump personality cult. Four years later, it's much worse. I don't know what the Republican Party stands for now, other than placating Trump and opposing anything that the Democrats do just for the sake of opposing them. There are no real principles involved. The Republican Party doesn't even stand for America's national interests anymore. Look at what some Republicans have been saying about Russia's war against Ukraine.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The Moron — sorry, the leader of the Republican Party — has sued CNN for calling him a liar.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 39.1.0.pdf
njbill

Post by njbill »

The case has been assigned to Trump appointee Raag Singhal, who maybe not coincidentally, is handling the Dershowitz v. CNN defamation case as well.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Turns out the missing January 6 WH call logs may have been in the document trove confiscated by the FBL at MAL.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:11 am Turns out the missing January 6 WH call logs may have been in the document trove confiscated by the FBL at MAL.
well, that sure could be interesting!
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump's long game: Executive privilege and the assault on historical memory

The effect of the low-information voter on this situation is profound. We see it in the writings of one C&S here on our own FL forum...profoundly mis- and under-informed Americans may well set the course we take politically for years to come...a really frightening possiblility.
The destruction of historical memory is a central element of fascist politics. In our own time, the attempt to erase history continues with Donald Trump's efforts to claim executive privilege to keep secret various government documents related to his stoking of the Jan. 6 insurrection and his retention of national security documents at Mar-a-Lago. As the New York Times reports, the legal question regarding whether he has the power to claim executive privilege to retain these documents is unclear:

President Biden is not backing Mr. Trump's attempt to use that power, and many legal scholars and the Justice Department have argued that he is stretching the narrow executive privilege rights the Supreme Court has said former presidents may invoke. But there are few definitive legal guideposts in this area, and the fights could have significant ramifications.

Independent of the legal questions at stake here, there are deeper substantive concerns for democracy if we empower a former president in his efforts to erase history. Over the last year and a half, Trump has consistently portrayed the Jan. 6 insurrectionists as patriots who sought to overturn a fraudulent election outcome in 2020, and as victims of federal government oppression. In an Orwellian effort to annihilate historical facts, the late Rush Limbaugh, when he wasn't celebrating the insurrectionists, baselessly claimed that they were fueled by antifa and "Democratically-sponsored instigators."

The impact of GOP propaganda on the party base has been pronounced. About three-quarters of Republicans say they believe there was widespread fraud in the 2020 election, thereby perverting the outcome and throwing the victory to Joe Biden. In a recent Times-Siena poll, 69 percent of Republicans said that in the wake of the 2020 election Trump was "just exercising his right to contest the election," while only 21 percent agreed "he went so far that he threatened American democracy." The former sentiment seeks to exempt Trump from culpability for the Jan. 6 attack, despite his clear incitement of the insurrectionists before they stormed the Capitol, despite his refusal to mobilize the National Guard to stop them (or his claim that he tried to mobilize the National Guard but that Nancy Pelosi stopped him), despite Republicans' groundless claim that the FBI was responsible for Jan. 6, and despite Trump's subsequent efforts to celebrate and defend the insurrectionists. Also consistent with Republican disinformation, most Republicans believe "the riot was led by violent left-wing protesters," rather than by Trump supporters.

A majority of Americans don't want Trump to run again in 2024 — but among Republicans, he's far and away the frontrunner. In that context, the popular vote won't prevent him from stealing the election.

The Republican effort to invert reality, utilizing the rhetoric of democracy as a weapon to undermine democracy, looms over future elections and their perceived legitimacy. While a majority of Americans — more than six in 10 — believe that Trump should not run again in 2024, Trump polls far and away as the frontrunner among potential Republican primary candidates. About half of Republicans say they want him to be the 2024 nominee, double the support of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, and five times that of Ted Cruz, Nikki Haley or Mike Pence. With Trump and other Big Lie Republicans in unquestioning control of the party, a majority popular vote against Trump no longer appears sufficient to stop him from potentially stealing the 2024 election. As has been recently reported, about a third of Republicans running for various state offices now embrace Big Lie election-fraud propaganda. Other estimates suggest the threat is much higher, with 60 percent of Americans voting in elections this fall where an election denier is running as a Republican.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Donald Trump appeals to the U.S. Supreme Court trying to overturn an Eleventh Circuit decision allowing federal investigators to again review classified materials seized from Mar-a-Lago in August.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 22a283.pdf
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:31 pm Longtime GOP lawyer says Trump won't take a deal and will call for MAGA violence — but his time is almost up
please, please, please - can we make this d-bag go away?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “POLITICS”