All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: Trump’s Mass Homicide

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:20 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:29 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:39 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:20 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:13 pm It didn’t have to be nearly this bad. There is no way on Earth that a virus should ever be the second leading cause of death in the United States.

Covid-19 is now the second-leading cause of death in the US, just after heart disease, according to the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME).

What happens next with the pandemic largely depends on personal responsibility and how much Americans are willing to fight this battle together.

Already, Covid-19 has killed more people in the US than Americans killed in battle during the five most recent wars combined: the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan and the Persian Gulf War.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/health/u ... index.html

I know many support Trump because he’s an ignorant, racist, bigoted, misogynistic piece of trash like them. But is one’s ignorance, racism, bigotry, and misogyny worth the deaths of so many people?

DocBarrister :?
Their “model” isn’t “accurate” so you can’t trust them. I have yet to see an “accurate” LBO model but Private Equity continues to feast. Sometimes living with directionally accurate is good enough.
of course you can trust them, they get more pub than anyone else.
can deaths go down directionally?

as it is, covid-19 has killed more americans than the last 5 most recent wars combined.
Trust was the wrong word. “Rely” is better word and as for directionality, there is a reasonableness factor.
their encapsulation now finally incorporates at least the words some prior coronavirus immunity, nothing about t cells or potentially faulty seroprevalence data although it's heavily relied upon... references social media... says most testing is in symptomatic individuals... i could go on --- but let's just say their analysis, conclusions, extrapolations look alarmingly simplistic and elementary, not to mention subjective and poorly sourced.

sourcing isn't easy, but... for me... they don't take a lot of the science and epidemiology that has transpired out there to date as much of a guide. on this latest "prediction", i will admit i haven't been able to figure out how they come up with this huge end-of-year spike, so shooting it down makes that more difficult. so i default to how wrong they've been to date on the modeling i've seen them do and what it looks like they are considering and drawing conclusions from. whatever it is they don't like in november and december, be good if they're wrong.
You mean like this: https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1565

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2016822

Does prediction = model output?
thanks for those. what it all means to me is... garbage in (novel virus, uncertainty cubed, limitations, bad and incomplete and faulty inputs) results in garbage out. so not just useless (in my opinion), but at least potentially damaging if marketed. as ihme clearly has been.

here's from the group that they rely on, it looks like heavily, to judge mask wearing across the country... from a daily facebook survey. which they market heavily to their numbers depression. it's a world map from their survey on % of people with covid-like symptoms.
https://covidmap.umd.edu/map/

does that look accurate overall?
Having for what seems like a lifetime running and analyzing models, I take them with a grain of salt. I hope nobody in government assumes that the information has a lead pipe cinch confidence factor. Is that group marketing or publishing it’s data?
i'd imagine they're doing both.
does it matter who is doing the marketing?

if you bought this group's lbo model, grain of salt or not you'd fire them. in my opinion!
Who is IHME marketing their model to and how are they compensated....as for mask, a lot of the variability in their model is with/without masks. Are you in favor of no modeling at all? ( BTW, you brought up Masks before I did. It seems you were questioning the need for them in some places).
sorry... extended dog walk and then grilling dinner was in order. the pleasures of covid.

i dunno. i get their marketing (or whomever is doing it for them). so do you. so does or did the prez. i don't know who's doing it. ihme? main street media? still the white house? before you'd posted your cnn headline, i'd just a bit before seen "200,000 deaths, just the tip of the iceberg" out of cnbc. granted, the headline itself wasn't from an ihme individual, but they led with one of the ihme guys and "the worst is yet to come". i don't know of course how they're compensated. and if there's no agenda, i don't rightly care.

modeling makes the world go 'round. it gets deals done. it's only as good as the quality of the modeling. i'm not in favor of bad modeling.

as far as masks... i'm fairly sure any referencing of masks in this discussion by me was related to how ihme was utilizing mask stats and inputs. including referencing that a great priority (variability) is them saying masks/no masks. don't think i questioned the need for them in this thread... but quote me and i'll try to detail?

my other issue just on the mask front above is... they have garbage in (facebook survey). and then what's the analysis and how they come by it for the change in results even if the data was good?

i fully appreciate that i don't have access to any supercomputer and phenomenal epidemiological construct that doesn't show out of their website and their quotes. so i'm left with their performance. do i have to be in favor of how they've come front and center into public consciousness and sometimes policy? i don't! anyway, model away!!! no way i'm stopping them!!!

speaking of masks -- what's with figure 9b !?!?
http://www.healthdata.org/sites/default ... 091820.pdf

i thought the deep blue states were supposed to be carrying this country with masks and the maga guys and gals were ruining everything?!?!?
and seriously, what's up with new england in particular up there? card carrying and everything. is ihme data accurate?
old salt

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by old salt »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:34 pm How many of the war casualties had comorbidities or were senior citizens ?
For many, how many years lost in life expectancy due to covid ?
Think of all the SocSec & Medicare $$$ saved. Thinning the herd.
Normally I would dismiss a post like this as sarcasm, parody, simplistic trolling, or even a joke.

However, I have never seen you able to grasp the nuances and subtleties necessary for parody. Your thinking is too concrete to offer sarcasm. You don’t really have the sense of humor to be a knowing troll or to tell a joke.

So, I can only surmise that you seriously mean what you say here.

Needless to say, it’s a callous, disgusting, and absolutely repugnant post.

I find your reactions amusing.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Trump’s Mass Homicide

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:20 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:29 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:39 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:20 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:13 pm It didn’t have to be nearly this bad. There is no way on Earth that a virus should ever be the second leading cause of death in the United States.

Covid-19 is now the second-leading cause of death in the US, just after heart disease, according to the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME).

What happens next with the pandemic largely depends on personal responsibility and how much Americans are willing to fight this battle together.

Already, Covid-19 has killed more people in the US than Americans killed in battle during the five most recent wars combined: the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan and the Persian Gulf War.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/health/u ... index.html

I know many support Trump because he’s an ignorant, racist, bigoted, misogynistic piece of trash like them. But is one’s ignorance, racism, bigotry, and misogyny worth the deaths of so many people?

Their “model” isn’t “accurate” so you can’t trust them. I have yet to see an “accurate” LBO model but Private Equity continues to feast. Sometimes living with directionally accurate is good enough.
of course you can trust them, they get more pub than anyone else.
can deaths go down directionally?

as it is, covid-19 has killed more americans than the last 5 most recent wars combined.
Trust was the wrong word. “Rely” is better word and as for directionality, there is a reasonableness factor.
their encapsulation now finally incorporates at least the words some prior coronavirus immunity, nothing about t cells or potentially faulty seroprevalence data although it's heavily relied upon... references social media... says most testing is in symptomatic individuals... i could go on --- but let's just say their analysis, conclusions, extrapolations look alarmingly simplistic and elementary, not to mention subjective and poorly sourced.

sourcing isn't easy, but... for me... they don't take a lot of the science and epidemiology that has transpired out there to date as much of a guide. on this latest "prediction", i will admit i haven't been able to figure out how they come up with this huge end-of-year spike, so shooting it down makes that more difficult. so i default to how wrong they've been to date on the modeling i've seen them do and what it looks like they are considering and drawing conclusions from. whatever it is they don't like in november and december, be good if they're wrong.
You mean like this: https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1565

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2016822

Does prediction = model output?
thanks for those. what it all means to me is... garbage in (novel virus, uncertainty cubed, limitations, bad and incomplete and faulty inputs) results in garbage out. so not just useless (in my opinion), but at least potentially damaging if marketed. as ihme clearly has been.

here's from the group that they rely on, it looks like heavily, to judge mask wearing across the country... from a daily facebook survey. which they market heavily to their numbers depression. it's a world map from their survey on % of people with covid-like symptoms.
https://covidmap.umd.edu/map/

does that look accurate overall?
Having for what seems like a lifetime running and analyzing models, I take them with a grain of salt. I hope nobody in government assumes that the information has a lead pipe cinch confidence factor. Is that group marketing or publishing it’s data?
i'd imagine they're doing both.
does it matter who is doing the marketing?

if you bought this group's lbo model, grain of salt or not you'd fire them. in my opinion!
Who is IHME marketing their model to and how are they compensated....as for mask, a lot of the variability in their model is with/without masks. Are you in favor of no modeling at all? ( BTW, you brought up Masks before I did. It seems you were questioning the need for them in some places).
sorry... extended dog walk and then grilling dinner was in order. the pleasures of covid.

i dunno. i get their marketing (or whomever is doing it for them). so do you. so does or did the prez. i don't know who's doing it. ihme? main street media? still the white house? before you'd posted your cnn headline, i'd just a bit before seen "200,000 deaths, just the tip of the iceberg" out of cnbc. granted, the headline itself wasn't from an ihme individual, but they led with one of the ihme guys and "the worst is yet to come". i don't know of course how they're compensated. and if there's no agenda, i don't rightly care.

modeling makes the world go 'round. it gets deals done. it's only as good as the quality of the modeling. i'm not in favor of bad modeling.

as far as masks... i'm fairly sure any referencing of masks in this discussion by me was related to how ihme was utilizing mask stats and inputs. including referencing that a great priority (variability) is them saying masks/no masks. don't think i questioned the need for them in this thread... but quote me and i'll try to detail?

my other issue just on the mask front above is... they have garbage in (facebook survey). and then what's the analysis and how they come by it for the change in results even if the data was good?

i fully appreciate that i don't have access to any supercomputer and phenomenal epidemiological construct that doesn't show out of their website and their quotes. so i'm left with their performance. do i have to be in favor of how they've come front and center into public consciousness and sometimes policy? i don't! anyway, model away!!! no way i'm stopping them!!!

speaking of masks -- what's with figure 9b !?!?
http://www.healthdata.org/sites/default ... 091820.pdf

i thought the deep blue states were supposed to be carrying this country with masks and the maga guys and gals were ruining everything?!?!?
and seriously, what's up with new england in particular up there? card carrying and everything. is ihme data accurate?
I can guarantee you that I have not followed their modeling as much as you have and if you are convinced it’s a poor product it would not surprise me that it’s the model that the Trump team latched onto.....virtually everything he touches is crap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Donald-Trump-S ... Sw8LNePk-5

I have no problem with the folks at UW trying to be helpful. I hope that some aspects of it have been helpful and they aren’t just taking something off Facebook and passing it off as their own work...but maybe they have.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by ggait »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:26 pm
My kid's school is doing 1,000 tests per day. Which is enough to test every kid once a week. And they will pay for/do more if they need to. But 1,000 tests a day (which most state Us couldn't afford) ain't gonna cut it if you have 20-30k undergrads.

No one who lives around here now will voluntarily go into the City of Boulder. Because that's where the main CU Boulder campus is. While CO and Denver metro have had pretty low Covid numbers over the summer, seems like only a matter of days/weeks until Boulder flames up with Covid. Especially since CU gets big cohorts of out of state kids from TX and CA and since 75% of the kids live in town off campus.
Well, it didn't take long for CU/Boulder to blow up. "For cause" testing just doesn't cut it. A week ago they quarantined the entire enrollment -- 29k undergrads -- for two weeks. Today they went full online for the next two weeks. At least they aren't sending the kids home -- yet. But after the two weeks runs, who knows.

In contrast, my kid's school is doing fine. They test every student weekly. Since they are driving with the headlights on, the contact tracers jump on the few positives they find immediately.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:48 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:34 pm How many of the war casualties had comorbidities or were senior citizens ?
For many, how many years lost in life expectancy due to covid ?
Think of all the SocSec & Medicare $$$ saved. Thinning the herd.
Normally I would dismiss a post like this as sarcasm, parody, simplistic trolling, or even a joke.

However, I have never seen you able to grasp the nuances and subtleties necessary for parody. Your thinking is too concrete to offer sarcasm. You don’t really have the sense of humor to be a knowing troll or to tell a joke.

So, I can only surmise that you seriously mean what you say here.

Needless to say, it’s a callous, disgusting, and absolutely repugnant post.

I find your reactions amusing.
You don’t understand the concept.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:13 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:33 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:50 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:15 am What's the fatality rate at these days?
What about serious case rate?
Is it waning?
Local MD colleges are not shutting anything down with sysmptoms- or requiring a test right now. They just make the student/faculty stay home for 2 weeks and return after your quarantine.
... in the US there are currently 5 deaths per 95 recoveries, approx. 5% of resolved cases.
In nys just yesterday there were 754 new cases. That means using your data approx, there should be 37 deaths out of this and 716 resolved recoveries. NYS has not had a death total, that I can remember from Andy's tweets, above 10 for quite some time. Do you think they might be underestimating/reporting the number of resolved cases? Yes I know there is a lag but the number of new cases has been fairly consistent for quite some time. Right around 1% of testing.
The quoted numbers are since the beginning of the pandemic (all time). It is lower now depending on the period you choose to look at. Don't wait too long. When I look at the Hopkins data I see both new cases and deaths increasing again. We are not out of this yet. You know the UofW prediction. Whether you believe their quoted numbers or not, the direction of the prediction is absolutely clear.
And by quoting the rate from the beginning you did not answer the question....What's the fatality rate these days? I used current data from Andy and NYS, you obviously did not agree with that or it did not support the point you were making. I was using data before me, you are using predictions. Could be we are both correct.........no?

What data from hopkins site are you quoting? The data here shows a mismash of states in the good and in the bad for 3 day averages. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases-50-states there are certainly several that are quite bad but also many that are not.

Yes, I know of the UofW prediction. Models get adjusted all the time......how many times have they adjusted theirs? Constantly. It is what good modelers do. In the end of a day it is a prediction.

I did not see any place where I indicated that we are out of anything. Your statement indicates that with 5% deaths the fatality rate from all resolved cases is 5%. I think that is high, quite a bit high imo. This, again my opinion, will lower as more and more young adults get infected as colleges continue to deal with the issue (no I do not think there will be no adverse effects from this population but certainly less from the over 70 crowd).
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

SO confused. Doing my morning workout at a Boston beach this morning, and about 20 cross fit folks show up. Like most cities, Boston is a MANDATORY mask domain. Unless, of course, you are the Mayor.....than rules don't apply to you.

https://tbdailynews.com/mayor-marty-wal ... in-boston/

Any way. The 20 or so cross fit folks, NONE of them are wearing masks. And, to top it off, they are blocking the board walk where neighborhood folks walk. Did I mention, NONE of them were wearing masks.

Winds at 5-10 knots.....so you nerds can tell us how far the droplets of water, possibly infected with V19, will travel and hit people walking downwind.

So confused. Where is the mayor on this? Should I be polite and walk past them on this public boardwalk, without a mask, as per usual? Or just let them be?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:31 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:13 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:33 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:50 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:15 am What's the fatality rate at these days?
What about serious case rate?
Is it waning?
Local MD colleges are not shutting anything down with sysmptoms- or requiring a test right now. They just make the student/faculty stay home for 2 weeks and return after your quarantine.
... in the US there are currently 5 deaths per 95 recoveries, approx. 5% of resolved cases.
In nys just yesterday there were 754 new cases. That means using your data approx, there should be 37 deaths out of this and 716 resolved recoveries. NYS has not had a death total, that I can remember from Andy's tweets, above 10 for quite some time. Do you think they might be underestimating/reporting the number of resolved cases? Yes I know there is a lag but the number of new cases has been fairly consistent for quite some time. Right around 1% of testing.
The quoted numbers are since the beginning of the pandemic (all time). It is lower now depending on the period you choose to look at. Don't wait too long. When I look at the Hopkins data I see both new cases and deaths increasing again. We are not out of this yet. You know the UofW prediction. Whether you believe their quoted numbers or not, the direction of the prediction is absolutely clear.
And by quoting the rate from the beginning you did not answer the question....What's the fatality rate these days? I used current data from Andy and NYS, you obviously did not agree with that or it did not support the point you were making. I was using data before me, you are using predictions. Could be we are both correct.........no?

What data from hopkins site are you quoting? The data here shows a mismash of states in the good and in the bad for 3 day averages. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases-50-states there are certainly several that are quite bad but also many that are not.

Yes, I know of the UofW prediction. Models get adjusted all the time......how many times have they adjusted theirs? Constantly. It is what good modelers do. In the end of a day it is a prediction.

I did not see any place where I indicated that we are out of anything. Your statement indicates that with 5% deaths the fatality rate from all resolved cases is 5%. I think that is high, quite a bit high imo. This, again my opinion, will lower as more and more young adults get infected as colleges continue to deal with the issue (no I do not think there will be no adverse effects from this population but certainly less from the over 70 crowd).
It’s the data from the reported cases that have been resolved. Globally 4 out of 100 closed cases results in deaths. In the USA, it is 5 out of 100 reported cases that have closed. It’s on the world meter site. I recall asking back in March or April, what defines a “case”.

4,552,997 Cases which had an outcome:

4,347,494 (95%) Recovered / Discharged

205,503 (5%) Deaths

This is what’s been reported. I believe the “real life” number is lower also.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

I sure am looking forward to the big Norte Dame-Wake Forest game this weekend. Good to see Coronavirus not having any affect on college sports.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:34 am SO confused. Doing my morning workout at a Boston beach this morning, and about 20 cross fit folks show up. Like most cities, Boston is a MANDATORY mask domain. Unless, of course, you are the Mayor.....than rules don't apply to you.

Any way. The 20 or so cross fit folks, NONE of them are wearing masks. And, to top it off, they are blocking the board walk where neighborhood folks walk. Did I mention, NONE of them were wearing masks.

Winds at 5-10 knots.....so you nerds can tell us how far the droplets of water, possibly infected with V19, will travel and hit people walking downwind.

So confused. Where is the mayor on this? Should I be polite and walk past them on this public boardwalk, without a mask, as per usual? Or just let them be?
Well FIRST, it’s mandatory in outside areas where social distancing can’t be accomplished.

You could practice what you imply in your constant questioning of whether masks help prevent the spread and do what all the anti-masker freedom lovers tell us: Stop whining. If you’re so worried about catching it from those who don’t want their freedom curtailed just stay home. It’s not other people’s responsibility to protect you.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:35 pm
My kid's school is doing 1,000 tests per day. Which is enough to test every kid once a week. And they will pay for/do more if they need to. But 1,000 tests a day (which most state Us couldn't afford) ain't gonna cut it if you have 20-30k undergrads.

No one who lives around here now will voluntarily go into the City of Boulder. Because that's where the main CU Boulder campus is. While CO and Denver metro have had pretty low Covid numbers over the summer, seems like only a matter of days/weeks until Boulder flames up with Covid. Especially since CU gets big cohorts of out of state kids from TX and CA and since 75% of the kids live in town off campus.
Well, it didn't take long for CU/Boulder to blow up. "For cause" testing just doesn't cut it. A week ago they quarantined the entire enrollment -- 29k undergrads -- for two weeks. Today they went full online for the next two weeks. At least they aren't sending the kids home -- yet. But after the two weeks runs, who knows.

In contrast, my kid's school is doing fine. They test every student weekly. Since they are driving with the headlights on, the contact tracers jump on the few positives they find immediately.
Serious question. Do postive V19 college kids have to have a tracking device (phone, ankle bracelet, pet chip, etc) on them at ALL times?

So lovely that students are paying $60 grand a year to be locked up.............
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 am I sure am looking forward to the big Norte Dame-Wake Forest game this weekend. Good to see Coronavirus not having any affect on college sports.
https://www.si.com/college/notredame/fo ... -postponed

Game is likely rescheduled for December 12th (ACC built in this week for purposes like this), college football expected things like this to happen. Not sure why anybody is surprised this. It has entirely to do with the process of contact tracing, which we still haven't gotten to the point where it doesn't affect college games. 7 Players testing positive SHOULD not postpone a game. Its the overcautious contact tracing procedures that are tying up teams in instances like this. So again, if ANYBODY thought this wouldn't affect College Football its either a poor attempt at humor or willful ignorance. The important part is they continue to address the problems in real-time as they occur, rather than just give up and cancel the season like to many other things that have been needless cancelled far to early in advance... If they players that are being "quarantined for contact tracing purposes" test negative that should allow them to clear quarantine.

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:40 am

Serious question. Do postive V19 college kids have to have a tracking device (phone, ankle bracelet, pet chip, etc) on them at ALL times?

So lovely that students are paying $60 grand a year to be locked up.............
They can always go home. There is always Bunker Hill C.C. A Student in my wife’s class tested positive yesterday.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:19 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:34 am SO confused. Doing my morning workout at a Boston beach this morning, and about 20 cross fit folks show up. Like most cities, Boston is a MANDATORY mask domain. Unless, of course, you are the Mayor.....than rules don't apply to you.

Well FIRST, it’s mandatory in outside areas where social distancing can’t be accomplished.

You could practice what you imply in your constant questioning of whether masks help prevent the spread and do what all the anti-masker freedom lovers tell us: Stop whining. If you’re so worried about catching it from those who don’t want their freedom curtailed just stay home. It’s not other people’s responsibility to protect you.
NO....in Boston it is MANDaTORY everywhere. Pay attention, please.

Regarding your last sentence: I completely agree.....and have verbally said as much (to often) to folks upset that I am NOT wearing a mask while running along Boston harbor. All I say is: "feel free to stay at home if you are worried".

But, feel free to inform us why Congressman Neil, and others, attended an INDOOR event, against state rules when they had more than 25 people in a room,....and had an INDOOR meeting with almost 75 people.....none of which are wearing masks. You tell me, what, or rather whom, do we listen to? The hypocrites?

https://tbdailynews.com/westfield-mayor ... in-closed/
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 am

Regarding your last sentence: I completely agree.....and have verbally said as much (to often) to folks upset that I am NOT wearing a mask while running along Boston harbor. All I say is: "feel free to stay at home if you are worried".

But, feel free to inform us why Congressman Neil, and others, attended an INDOOR event, against state rules when they had more than 25 people in a room,....and had an INDOOR meeting with almost 75 people.....none of which are wearing masks. You tell me, what, or rather whom, do we listen to? The hypocrites?

And?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:49 am

They can always go home. There is always Bunker Hill C.C. A Student in my wife’s class tested positive yesterday.
helping, as usual. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:52 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:49 am

helping, as usual. :roll:
Like your post about the stupid Westfield Mass Mayor. He is just following the lead of the President of the United States 🇺🇸.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 am

And?
And what? Oh, right.......they are Democrats/Republicans......rules/laws don't apply.

Another person lacking principles.

AND?......arrest and FINE all of the people attending the Chamber of Commerce event. Start by fining and arresting Congressman Neil. That's the AND.........
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 am

And?
And what? Oh, right.......they are Democrats/Republicans......rules/laws don't apply.

Another person lacking principles.

AND?......arrest and FINE all of the people attending the Chamber of Commerce event. Start by fining and arresting Congressman Neil. That's the AND.........
And he really should be wearing a 😷. He is already wheezing.

He is breaking the law...he should be fined or arrested like everyone else. Who said anything different?

Also, wasn’t he Santa Claus 🎅 at Downtown Crossing last year?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:42 pm
foreverlax wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:47 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 am
I don't wear a helmet while bike riding, either.....
Why in the world would you make that your habit?

The risk of falling and getting a concussion would be the best thing that happens. sheesh.
nothing close to Danny Macaskill, but pretty damn good "technical" bike rider. Helmet ain't gonna save me from all the criminals texting and driving, now is it.

Here is Danny.......his video's are wonderful feasts for the soul and senses. Remarkable what humans can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA
That is not an answer to the question....

Return to “POLITICS”