CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6x6

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by 6x6 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:46 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm Image
wow. I hope you don't get paint on yourself with that extremely broad brush.
Really? You think that image goes too far as a metaphor for what we saw this week, what we can see online, and what (hopefully) most of us don't bother to see on the dark web?

This faux outrage from tech is downright laughable.

What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

The black and white flag is a representation of that dark truth, the peeling back the revealing of what's really underneath, hidden purposely to those who it has seduced.

To be clear, there are Trump cultists who do not understand this reality, they've been seduced into it with all sorts of blatant lies, with the ground prepared over numerous years. But that's what they now find themselves part of, and being revealed.

The question is what those who did not understand this reality do, will they break their fever and disassociate themselves from the lies and violent, fascist intent?
I do. The peeling back of the blue stripe suggests to me that police, signified by the blue stripe, in general are nazi sympathizers.

Were there some off duty police involved in the bs this week? Certainly. Should they be be held accountable? Certainly. To me the image paints all police in that manner, hence the broad brush comment.
I agree with you Bart. This visual indicates that either the police are Nazi's or that the police are revealing America is really Nazi behind the curtain. And unfortunately, the idiotic acts from a few, seem to make others not just paint with a broad brush but go straight to the paint sprayer, in order project and lump an entire party as the same.
See immediately above. The revealing is of the truth of the Trump cult. And yes, part of the police is complicit and involved in that cult.

But it is not indictment of ALL police, or police "in general" or "an entire party". That said, those who continue to provide air cover for the cultists, the white supremacist fascists, are complicit in their evil.

It's time for all of us to stop covering for the worst bad actors, and certainly time for the police to clean them out. Police unions being a huge problem.
Would your thoughts here also apply to the BLM organization?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:21 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:51 am
Really? You think that image goes too far as a metaphor for what we saw this week, what we can see online, and what (hopefully) most of us don't bother to see on the dark web?

What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

The black and white flag is a representation of that dark truth, the peeling back the revealing of what's really underneath, hidden purposely to those who it has seduced.

To be clear, there are Trump cultists who do not understand this reality, they've been seduced into it with all sorts of blatant lies, with the ground prepared over numerous years. But that's what they now find themselves part of, and being revealed.

The question is what those who did not understand this reality do, will they break their fever and disassociate themselves from the lies and violent, fascist intent?
I do. The peeling back of the blue stripe suggests to me that police, signified by the blue stripe, in general are nazi sympathizers.

Were there some off duty police involved in the bs this week? Certainly. Should they be be held accountable? Certainly. To me the image paints all police in that manner, hence the broad brush comment.
Perhaps you can explain to me the genesis of a flag that's black and white with a blue line. Is this a symbol of the Trump cult variety or is it an image promoted by Antifa or BLM etc? I am under the impression that it's the former.

Assuming the blue line is intended to represent the police, I don't think that the peeling back of that line or any other to reveal what's underneath all of the lines necessarily means ALL police or "in general" are white supremacist fascists. Just the Trump cult adherents.

But I may be mistaken. Don't think so: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag
I read your article. Thanks. I think there is truth that to an extent the flag has been coopted by some sycophants on the extremity.

I do not see it in those around me who chose to fly the flag including friends and acquaintances who are in law enforcement as anti trump as you can be.
Understood and appreciated. It's entirely possible that they don't realize the flag's history and its usage by the Trump cult and racists. They may also not be aware of the history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage by racists. I wasn't, I found that eye-opening as well...I'm quite sure most police don't think of it that way, certainly not explicitly...but some do...they need to go.
Some folks also claim the Betsy Ross 13 star revolutionary war flag is also a new symbol of the white supremacists. I have the flag in my basement. I bought it right after 9/11. Does owning it make me a member of the WS folks because some FLP folks chose to interpret the flag to what they want it to mean? The same it true for the " don't tread on me flag" who decides what the symbolism is here? I'm asking for a friend.
This has already been answered more than once. Nope, owning that flag is a non-issue. You had no ill intent behind it.

Waving it around at an insurrectionist rally, a Neo-Nazi march...ok, you'd be demonstrating intent. But yeah, displaying it in your basement...unfortunately it'd be understood to be intentional at this point. I'd fold it up and put it away, replace with regular flag.
The Betsy Ross flag is still first and foremost an American flag. What group of people empowers themselves to declare that when displayed in a context they disagree with it symbolises something other than what it is? :roll: I only put it out front on the 4th of July. That flag symbolizes our freedom.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:04 pm

Perhaps you can explain to me the genesis of a flag that's black and white with a blue line. Is this a symbol of the Trump cult variety or is it an image promoted by Antifa or BLM etc? I am under the impression that it's the former.

Assuming the blue line is intended to represent the police, I don't think that the peeling back of that line or any other to reveal what's underneath all of the lines necessarily means ALL police or "in general" are white supremacist fascists. Just the Trump cult adherents.

But I may be mistaken. Don't think so: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag
I read your article. Thanks. I think there is truth that to an extent the flag has been coopted by some sycophants on the extremity.

I do not see it in those around me who chose to fly the flag including friends and acquaintances who are in law enforcement as anti trump as you can be.
Understood and appreciated. It's entirely possible that they don't realize the flag's history and its usage by the Trump cult and racists. They may also not be aware of the history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage by racists. I wasn't, I found that eye-opening as well...I'm quite sure most police don't think of it that way, certainly not explicitly...but some do...they need to go.
Some folks also claim the Betsy Ross 13 star revolutionary war flag is also a new symbol of the white supremacists. I have the flag in my basement. I bought it right after 9/11. Does owning it make me a member of the WS folks because some FLP folks chose to interpret the flag to what they want it to mean? The same it true for the " don't tread on me flag" who decides what the symbolism is here? I'm asking for a friend.
This has already been answered more than once. Nope, owning that flag is a non-issue. You had no ill intent behind it.

Waving it around at an insurrectionist rally, a Neo-Nazi march...ok, you'd be demonstrating intent. But yeah, displaying it in your basement...unfortunately it'd be understood to be intentional at this point. I'd fold it up and put it away, replace with regular flag.
The Betsy Ross flag is still first and foremost an American flag. What group of people empowers themselves to declare then when displayed in a context they disagree with it symbolises something other than what it is? :roll:
>> The Betsy Ross flag has been used by many different groups over the years, including extremist groups like the Ku Klux Klan, said Mark Pitcavage, senior research fellow with the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism. He said the association is weak compared to other symbols, though.

"Most white supremacists would not know what the Betsy Ross flag was if you asked them about it, compared to all the other symbols that they constantly use," Pitcavage said.

The anti-government "militia movement" also uses the Betsy Ross flag. Pitcavage said that tie wasn't strong enough for the average person to immediately connect the two.

Roy Tatem, president of the East Valley NAACP, said he didn't believe the flag was intended to be racist or a racially motivated symbol. He said there wasn't evidence of Ross being a racist or a slaveholder and he didn't find the flag offensive. <<
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The Betsy Ross flag is still first and foremost an American flag. What group of people empowers themselves to declare then when displayed in a context they disagree with it symbolises something other than what it is? :roll:
The fact that we need to modify the US Flag, like the one in this thread, and be certain to use the approved one by someone to which we disagree....well, that too, is part of the problem.

So according to MD, cradle is good because he had no intent, but if cradle went to a pro-republican rally with his flag in hand, MD would label him unfairly? Is that what you are saying?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:38 am

I agree with you Bart. This visual indicates that either the police are Nazi's or that the police are revealing America is really Nazi behind the curtain. And unfortunately, the idiotic acts from a few, seem to make others not just paint with a broad brush but go straight to the paint sprayer, in order project and lump an entire party as the same.
See immediately above. The revealing is of the truth of the Trump cult. And yes, part of the police is complicit and involved in that cult.

But it is not indictment of ALL police, or police "in general" or "an entire party". That said, those who continue to provide air cover for the cultists, the white supremacist fascists, are complicit in their evil.

It's time for all of us to stop covering for the worst bad actors, and certainly time for the police to clean them out. Police unions being a huge problem.
Which thoughts?

Are you trying to draw a comparison between BLM and the Trump cult or is it with the police unions covering for their worst actors?

I don't see the connection you're suggesting.

If you are saying that rioters and looters and vandals during or around protests about another police shooting of an unarmed black person, I've been 100% consistent with saying that lawbreakers should be prosecuted as such.

I may draw a distinction between the the justifiability of the underlying protests, a distinction between violence and destruction of private or even police property and violence and the destruction of the Capital property in the attempted insurrection to overturn the US government, and a distinction between BLM and groups like the Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, QAnon, etc, but I don't excuse unlawful acts by any.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:17 pm

The fact that we need to modify the US Flag, like the one in this thread, and be certain to use the approved one by someone to which we disagree....well, that too, is part of the problem.

So according to MD, cradle is good because he had no intent, but if cradle went to a pro-republican rally with his flag in hand, MD would label him unfairly? Is that what you are saying?
Knowing how the flag will be understood by neo-Nazi types? You betcha.
It would not be "unfairly" because he had foreknowledge of how the flag would be understood.

cradle's not suggesting in any sense that he would do so, so I give him 100% benefit of the doubt on this...but not if he then chose to send that message.

"pro-republican" rally...was that what this was Wednesday? "pro-republican"???
Is that what you saw?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The Betsy Ross flag is still first and foremost an American flag. What group of people empowers themselves to declare that when displayed in a context they disagree with it symbolises something other than what it is? :roll: I only put it out front on the 4th of July. That flag symbolizes our freedom.
And I take your word 100% that's your intent (and it darn well is such a symbol!)...I suggest that your beef is with those that have coopted its usage.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:37 pm

It would not be "unfairly" because he had foreknowledge of how the flag would be understood.

cradle's not suggesting in any sense that he would do so, so I give him 100% benefit of the doubt on this...but not if he then chose to send that message.

Is that what you saw?
Pro Republican? I thought YA told us Trump is really a democrat early in the week?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 pm
6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:38 am

Which thoughts?

Are you trying to draw a comparison between BLM and the Trump cult or is it with the police unions covering for their worst actors?

I don't see the connection you're suggesting.

If you are saying that rioters and looters and vandals during or around protests about another police shooting of an unarmed black person, I've been 100% consistent with saying that lawbreakers should be prosecuted as such.

I may draw a distinction between the the justifiability of the underlying protests, a distinction between violence and destruction of private or even police property and violence and the destruction of the Capital property in the attempted insurrection to overturn the US government, and a distinction between BLM and groups like the Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, QAnon, etc, but I don't excuse unlawful acts by any.

Well said.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Is that what you saw?
I was not speaking on cradles behalf, I was speaking on your judgement of others for carrying a Betsy Ross Flag at a rally. My issue is that you tend to pass judgement and put people into boxes based on hypotheticals and unknowns....essentially, guilty by association. Again, if the only flag cradle had in his home was the Betsy Ross flag and he wanted to carry it this rally to try and talk sense to these people...much like he does here, and if you did not know, like those in still images, you chose to label him. That is not fair.

Nit-picking, yes, I know, but something you could work on in 2021. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Is that what you saw?
I was not speaking on cradles behalf, I was speaking on your judgement of others for carrying a Betsy Ross Flag at a rally. My issue is that you tend to pass judgement and put people into boxes based on hypotheticals and unknowns....essentially, guilty by association. Again, if the only flag cradle had in his home was the Betsy Ross flag and he wanted to carry it this rally to try and talk sense to these people...much like he does here, and if you did not know, like those in still images, you chose to label him. That is not fair.

Nit-picking, yes, I know, but something you could work on in 2021. ;)
:lol: sorry, I 'judge' people based on the specific terms of a hypothetical, and/or actual facts. I'm willing to adjust such judgment based on additional logic or facts presented, or a different hypothetical.

No, I wouldn't give cradle or anyone else a pass for carrying that flag to a Trump rally, knowing now how it would be received by some in that group as a signal of alignment and of encouragement of their views. Unless it was a total subterfuge in order to do some sort of undercover work, counter to the interests of such people, I can't think of a hypothetical in which it's ok to knowingly display the symbols understood by others as anti-government or racist etc.

Many of these symbols are unequivocally understood at this point.

The Betsy Ross flag is a less well understood such symbol, so it's at least possible to be ignorant of how it's being received by others, but in cradle's case, now, he would know better. Indeed, most attendees at the events darn well know what they are displaying and why. And your hypothetical would need to both assume ignorance (but you specifically said cradle) and that the carrier didn't have a regular US flag, quite the combination...not buying that's what we are seeing from these insurrectionists.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think one of the things some have trouble accepting is that it is not solely a matter of the four-corner meaning of our words, or even our intent when we use them, but also whether we understand how they will be received by others.

Intent does matter a great deal, but we also need to be conscious that whatever we may intend, some will take our words and symbols as calls to violent action, encouragement of dark impulses, approval of evil.

And if we persist in such, with no clear clarification, we become complicit in those ultimate actions.

This is all the more true for those vested with public authority.

We don't get to hide behind, "that's not what I said" or "that wasn't an order"...or whatever mob boss language might be constructed.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:41 pm

And I take your word 100% that's your intent (and it darn well is such a symbol!)...I suggest that your beef is with those that have coopted its usage.
How do you co-opt the usage of a flag? If WS choose to wave it at their rally it does not change what the flag symbolizes.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:53 pm

How do you co-opt the usage of a flag? If WS choose to wave it at their rally it does not change what the flag symbolizes.
Unfortunately, it does...for them. And thus, when you go the rally at which these types are attending waving such symbols around, and you do as well, they will see it as encouragement and alignment with them.

If that's what you want, wave away. If you don't want to send that message, don't...it's that simple.

I know you don't, which is the only reason I'm willing to even engage in the rational discussion about it.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:53 pm

Someone had already looked into it.... https://www.oregonlive.com/life-and-cul ... ists-.html
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

America does not have equal justice under law. Our justice system is almost obsessively race-based. Just facts.

A white man who deliberately sped his car through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City, striking several, will avoid prison and have the incident erased from his record if he stays out of trouble for three years.

A judge last month granted a deferred judgment for Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, who told police he drove his Toyota Camry through the crowd in August because the protesters needed “an attitude adjustment.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/midwest/ ... story.html
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:44 am
This is a despicable image and a lie, posted by the board moderator no less. It's the second provocative post you've decided to make, the first being, publically wishing death on the POTUS sickened with Covid (I don't care who in this case was POTUS, it was way out of bounds).

And at one point in a post you had the balls to tell me I lacked empathy... unbelievable.

You should decide if you want to be the board moderator or board provocateur, trying to be both IMO, is a major conflict of interest.
That image offends my Old Testament sensibilities.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am It's entirely possible that they don't realize the flag's history and its usage by the Trump cult and racists. They may also not be aware of the history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage by racists. I wasn't, I found that eye-opening as well...I'm quite sure most police don't think of it that way, certainly not explicitly...but some do...they need to go.
Everything has a racist origin if you're creative enough.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:35 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 am
foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:51 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:17 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:31 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:02 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm So Matthew & Paul were anti-semites ? Learn something new everyday.
Salt, I don't know if Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, or Jesus for that matter were Anti-Semites but I do know for sure that there's anti-Semitic rhetoric in the New Testament. And, when you repeat it, guess what!...
To be more clear, some of the translations we read today have some language and messages that have been twisted by the haters to fit anti-semitic hate. They need not be understood as such, but they are convenient to the haters. It is quite doubtful that would ever have been Jesus' or God's intent....

The refusal of some to understand how these words and these tropes have been actively used to whip up hate has led to enormously bloody outcomes, some of the worst such in the history of mankind, is truly despicable. It's one thing to be fully ignorant, it's quite another to choose to knowingly repeat and use such bigotry actively.

And that's what should be our objection to Salty, not a poster's participation in a discussion...as a number of others have made clear, he's participating in bad faith...and in this case in a bigoted way.
Right. I mean there’s no words or phrase that make me wilt. I churn it in my stomach if ever a witness to it as I’ve been plenty of times over the years like everyone else. I probably could’ve been a better person and addressed it at least some of the times in some way but just let it go.

But I would never use toss “money changers” around regarding people other than in the most specific literal ways (I’m exchanging money at the money changers dude) because I’ve know since my bad public high school education that this was one of many terms used often over term in a pejorative manner as referencing to Jewish people. It just doesn’t pass the smell test in general here and specifically as used as a form of attack. Doesn’t need to mean that he thinks I’m Jewish but that I’m as dirty as a Jew. I mean I’ve gotten my shots in so calling me dirty or cynical or selfish or whatever is fine. But just throwing that shot specifically is pretty hard to not see the specific language as a signal of something behind the curtain that’s not inconsistent with other eggs laid over time.
Are you Jewish or not ? Should I have assumed you were, because you work in finance ? ... & therefore retrained from alluding to your profession, notwithstanding the shots you take at me regarding my line of work ?
HIS WORDS & SENTIMENTS. Not mine. Never. That is slander, which you are joining in.
Nope, that was EXACTLY the meaning of your slur of him. Why?
Simply because he works in finance, you used that specific ugly trope as an insult.

You're not this dumb, which is why people are PO'd.
It may have been an insult, but it was not anti-Semitic.
It was a non-denominational insult. What religion is Scrooge McDuck ?
As a WASP, you have no standing to determine if something is anti-Semitic.
How do you know I'm a WASP ?

Here's a litmus test. Did you read Dicken's A Christmas Carol as a student ?
Were you aware that it conveyed a subliminal anti-Semitic message ?
Did you know that you were being brainwashed ? Or were you oblivious ?
Did you assume that Scrooge was Jewish, or just non-religious ?

https://forward.com/culture/435925/is-a ... tisemitic/
Salt, if you know of Dickens’ potential anti-Semitic hidden meaning you can’t hide behind not knowing the recent European use for money changer. Please stop for your own good. Trump found out this week even the most ardent supporters have limits. You may be close yourself.
It had not occurred to me until I just started researching anti-Semitic tropes. When I read A Christmas Carol or saw it as a play or movie, it did not occur to me that Scrooge might be Jewish. I just saw him as a miserly old man.
Both names Jacob (Marley) and Ebenezer (Scrooge) have their origin in Hebrew.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am It's entirely possible that they don't realize the flag's history and its usage by the Trump cult and racists. They may also not be aware of the history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage by racists. I wasn't, I found that eye-opening as well...I'm quite sure most police don't think of it that way, certainly not explicitly...but some do...they need to go.
Everything has a racist origin if you're creative enough.
Cradle, admit it you are a racist, trumpist....you should have never admitted you had such a flag.

MD admitting he needs to stop 'judging others', is like fonzi trying to say he is sorry...it ain't gonna happen. His responses to our back and forth this morning, prove one thing, he is a fighter, will not show weakness, and will pivot ever so slightly to......much like a great goalie. I like that about him, it is his tell, almost like quick head nod after a great shot got by him. ;)
Last edited by youthathletics on Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”