2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:04 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:43 pm Luttig speaks on the midterm results.

Congratulations to the Senate democrats

for suddenly pulling ahead

& winning surprise victories

By the perfect margins

4 days after polls close

In the dead of night

Only in states with mail in voting

For the 2nd time in a row.

We’d never seen anything like it

In 244yrs.
And yet France manages to handle over 40 million voters with no mail in or early voting, one election day on a Sunday and have the results almost immediately. Oh, and almost 100% paper ballots with very few machines, hand counted. I guess they value an honest election way more than who wins.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-health ... e1661caf35
Yes. Want to pay their tax rate? Because you can have that, and a lot more, if you're willing to double your effective tax rates. ;)

And again, this is how you can tell that Republicans don't buy what you're selling, and I've been saying this for four elections now:

-if it's paramount to Republicans to vote in person, ID in hand, no exceptions: why hasn't a single Republican-run State done that.

And the answer is, as you know, that the Republican base is elderly, and standing in line to vote is difficult for that age group. THAT is why you don't change these laws. Boebert, in my State? She's about to win because of, you guessed it, late to arrive absentee ballots. And I say, good for her.

So when you guys whine and complain about this stuff....and don't lift a finger to fix it. And if you don't lift a finger to fix this issue? To me? It tells me you don't REALLY care, and just don't like losing elections.

Call me when a Republican State makes voting 100% in-person on election day, ID in hand. Then I'll believe that you all care about this.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:20 pm The strategy from Democrats forever has been to legalize ballot harvesting via mail-in balloting. One operative can attack a housing development, and in a matter of one hour gather up every honest and every dishonest ballot and simply drop them off to the voting halls. Do you realize how many old and incorrect addresses exist for every state that does this?
:lol: :lol: So why doesn't you man DeSantis and his R Sec of State allow mail in and absentee ballots, Pete?

If this is so bad, where's DeSantis on forcing 100% of voting to take place in person, on Election Day, ID in hand?

Yet another in the long list of questions you can't answer.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:35 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:17 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:15 pm

By the perfect margins

4 days after polls close

In the dead of night

In 244yrs.
Whining becomes you.

It seems like a sensible observation, which anyone worth their weight in honesty would freely admit.
Sensible observation? Nope; stupid, biased and conjectural. Start at the bottom.

This is not the first time in 244 years; it happens and happens frequently when the vote is sharply and narrowly split. This is why we could call the race for Nevada governor -- not so razor thin -- and still have to await results in other races.

Not the "second time in a row." It happens and has happened before. Umm, 2000 for the presidency in Florida. Arizona has had very close races in 2010, 2014, 2016. When the electorate is narrowly divided, vote counts take time. Observers -- real ones, at the polling and counting areas, not like PeteMuskatelle -- are in place and watching and -- ready dumdum? -- none of them has chimed in with anything sinister or even suggestive.

Mail in voting didn't sink your baby doll Boebert. But today, it's all corrupt? Sure.

The dead of night? Volunteer poll workers working diligently to get the job done, working through the night. I think you meant, "thanks for your service, while I sit in 'Westchester' with my thumb...."

Not sudden, and not surprise. People track where the votes are coming from and can make educated guesses. Follow Jon Ralston in Nevada,; he was saying on election night that CCM was close enough to Laxalt that when Clar County got counted, she'd likely narrowly pull it out. She did. He knew stuff. You don't.

You're just like fuzzy background girl; your ill-founded spoiled boy bullsh*t lends itself only to destabilizing the country you pretend to love, and that you say folks like me "hate."
He ain't in Westchester, unless the Petey persona was totally false.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

By the perfect margins

4 days after polls close

In the dead of night

In 244yrs.
Whining becomes you.

It seems like a sensible observation, which anyone worth their weight in honesty would freely admit.
Sensible observation? Nope; stupid, biased and conjectural. Start at the bottom.

This is not the first time in 244 years; it happens and happens frequently when the vote is sharply and narrowly split. This is why we could call the race for Nevada governor -- not so razor thin -- and still have to await results in other races.

Not the "second time in a row." It happens and has happened before. Umm, 2000 for the presidency in Florida. Arizona has had very close races in 2010, 2014, 2016. When the electorate is narrowly divided, vote counts take time. Observers -- real ones, at the polling and counting areas, not like PeteMuskatelle -- are in place and watching and -- ready dumdum? -- none of them has chimed in with anything sinister or even suggestive.

Mail in voting didn't sink your baby doll Boebert. But today, it's all corrupt? Sure.

The dead of night? Volunteer poll workers working diligently to get the job done, working through the night. I think you meant, "thanks for your service, while I sit in 'Westchester' with my thumb...."

Not sudden, and not surprise. People track where the votes are coming from and can make educated guesses. Follow Jon Ralston in Nevada,; he was saying on election night that CCM was close enough to Laxalt that when Clar County got counted, she'd likely narrowly pull it out. She did. He knew stuff. You don't.

You're just like fuzzy background girl; your ill-founded spoiled boy bullsh*t lends itself only to destabilizing the country you pretend to love, and that you say folks like me "hate."
If we wanted to have a "faster" process for the Presidential race, we could do so like France. But it actually takes much longer.

Federally run, no differences by state, staffed to do so, first vote only determines top 2, which is usually quickly apparent...then you gotta vote again on another Sunday, but second time no other races involved, so the only counting is for the single race with just 2 candidates, no other federal, no other state or town to count. You can vote at any polling station, not just the one near your home.

No reason to think counts are any more accurate than in the US or favors higher participation. Indeed, last election had US 5% higher than France's participation.

If we made Election Day a federal holiday and we could go to any polling place in the country where we happened to be that day, we wouldn't need absentee or early voting periods. Except we actually would, for expats and military, and people traveling overseas...but hey, who cares about them?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:37 pm https://m.startribune.com/herschel-walk ... lmob=y&c=n

The GOP in 2022….compounded by CTE.

In wonder which Hershel the great citizens of Georgia are voting for?
Easier to understand than Fetterman, or the dead guy for that matter.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:04 pm

By the perfect margins

4 days after polls close

In the dead of night

In 244yrs.
Whining becomes you.

If we wanted to have a "faster" process for the Presidential race, we could do so like France. But it actually takes much longer.

Federally run, no differences by state, staffed to do so, first vote only determines top 2, which is usually quickly apparent...then you gotta vote again on another Sunday, but second time no other races involved, so the only counting is for the single race with just 2 candidates, no other federal, no other state or town to count. You can vote at any polling station, not just the one near your home.

No reason to think counts are any more accurate than in the US or favors higher participation. Indeed, last election had US 5% higher than France's participation.

If we made Election Day a federal holiday and we could go to any polling place in the country where we happened to be that day, we wouldn't need absentee or early voting periods. Except we actually would, for expats and military, and people traveling overseas...but hey, who cares about them?
So you would be ok with no mail in or early voting then? (Absentee is fine for military and expats.) Or ballot harvesting, which won it for Masto? And how about we not seat any Representative or Senator from any state that doesn't clean up their voter rolls? Or require voter ID. Any problem with any of these? I would add a one year minimum sentence for voter fraud. Voting is a sacred right and we can make it easy to vote and hard to cheat.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The Liberal Redneck's take on the Midterms:

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:36 pm

By the perfect margins

4 days after polls close

In the dead of night

In 244yrs.
Whining becomes you.

So you would be ok with no mail in or early voting then? (Absentee is fine for military and expats.) Or ballot harvesting, which won it for Masto? And how about we not seat any Representative or Senator from any state that doesn't clean up their voter rolls? Or require voter ID. Any problem with any of these? I would add a one year minimum sentence for voter fraud. Voting is a sacred right and we can make it easy to vote and hard to cheat.
Or travel.

Personally, I found early voting super easy and convenient. I also found mail-in drop box voting super easy during Covid. I have ZERO objection to either.

No, "ballot harvesting" did not happen for Mastro.
It's perfectly legal and desirable IMO for friends/family to deliver a ballot on behalf of someone, with signature match.
But that made no difference in that election.
Where do you get the BS notion that it did???

Do you want federal voting? So, if I'm not in Maryland on Election Day and instead am in Florida, can I vote for my ballot choices in Maryland from Florida?
That'd be nice, wouldn't need the early or mail-in. But I'd need a ballot...

Or are you a states' rights' guy???

Now, as to actual intentional fraud of some magnitude (and I don't count putting in a ballot for a parent who died last month nor an ineligible voter who thought they were eligible), I'd have more than a 1 year jail time. You falsify a whole bunch of votes in an attempt to actually tip an election, you go to jail and hard time, not some country club.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:36 pm So you would be ok with no mail in or early voting then?
Sure. But it applies to EVERYONE. Military doesn't get an exception...why would they? Is this serious, or not? Because what's keeping the miltary's vote from being tampered with? Nothing. So they either show up on election day, or they can't vote, just like everyone else. They're not the only citizens in America with employment contracts that take them out of State in November.

Again: are you serious about this stuff, or not?
get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:36 pm Or ballot harvesting, which won it for Masto? And how about we not seat any Representative or Senator from any state that doesn't clean up their voter rolls?
Sure. Wanna hear how? Get rid of voter registration. You show up at the polls, State ID in hand, right? So what's the point of registration? There isn't one. "Problem" solved.
get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:36 pm Or require voter ID. Any problem with any of these?
Nope.

You didn't answer my question: the Republican leaders are telling you that voter fraud among absentee ballots is rampant, right?

So why hasn't a single Republican run State (there were 23 before the election) gotten rid of absentee ballots?

I'm fine with all of the above. The part you don't seem (seem) to understand is: your Republican base is old. You count on these absentee ballots to win elections because elderly Americans can't handle waiting in a cold line in November for hours. And as I keep telling you, THAT is why not one single Republican run State has eliminated absentee ballots.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

“Or ballot harvesting, which won it for Masto?”

Couple of questions:

What do you mean by “ballot harvesting”?

What facts support that ballot harvesting, as you define it, “won it for Masto”?
njbill

Post by njbill »

It’s well-known that Democratic operatives go out into the desert in the early spring and plant Democratic ballot bushes. Then in late October they harvest the ballots. It’s been going on for years, probably longer.
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:51 pm Military doesn't get an exception...why would they?
Baloney. Why would they? Because they're not only voting for the President, they're also voting for their CINC who can send them off to war.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:30 pm It’s well-known that Democratic operatives go out into the desert in the early spring and plant Democratic ballot bushes. Then in late October they harvest the ballots. It’s been going on for years, probably longer.
Man, the stuff you learn here! Thanks Jersey!!
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

And imagine if Cuomo hadn't messed up so bad in NY. Dems would already be sitting with control of the House and may have even picked up seats.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:36 pm

By the perfect margins

4 days after polls close

In the dead of night

In 244yrs.
Whining becomes you.

The Republican take on voting is racist and stupid.

Mail everyone a ballot about a month before “Election Day”.

Provide a useful and easy-to-use website where everyone can check of the status of their mailed ballot.

For any mailed ballots that have some issue preventing it from being formally accepted, offer folks plenty of time to correct the error and have their ballot counted.

No two hour waits to vote.

No fascist and racist DeSantis goon squads to intimidate voters of color.

No garbage Texas laws making registering to vote a more difficult task than winning the lottery.

That’s how the greatest state, California, in these here United States of America gets elections done.

Stop all the Republican stupidity and just do what we do.

DocBarrister
Last edited by DocBarrister on Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

njbill wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:30 pm It’s well-known that Democratic operatives go out into the desert in the early spring and plant Democratic ballot bushes. Then in late October they harvest the ballots. It’s been going on for years, probably longer.
Mustard seeds got nothing on those ballot bushes…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:45 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:51 pm Military doesn't get an exception...why would they?
Baloney. Why would they? Because they're not only voting for the President, they're also voting for their CINC who can send them off to war.
If you didn't read the irony intended in a fan's post, pointing out the hypocrisy, try again. He's merely saying that if there actually is a serious danger of phony mail-in ballots pretending to be someone they aren't, then make the same rule for all voters. All of us citizens have an equal right to vote.

But he doesn't buy that there's an actual danger any more for you or me or someone serving or someone traveling overseas or for that matter just out of state or someone in a nursing home...

He's just calling out the hypocrisy.

Of course mail-in ballots can be done safely.
It's just the Dem votes that bother the GOP.

So, if concerned, either no one gets to vote that way or make the necessary efforts to validate that the votes cast match the signatures registered. It ain't that hard. Which, of course, is what well-run states do.

But the MAGA GOP needs an excuse they can peddle for losing.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Haven't been following all that closely, thnx.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:45 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:45 pm
If you didn't read the irony intended in a fan's post, pointing out the hypocrisy, try again. He's merely saying that if there actually is a serious danger of phony mail-in ballots pretending to be someone they aren't, then make the same rule for all voters. All of us citizens have an equal right to vote.

But he doesn't buy that there's an actual danger any more for you or me or someone serving or someone traveling overseas or for that matter just out of state or someone in a nursing home...

He's just calling out the hypocrisy.

Of course mail-in ballots can be done safely.
It's just the Dem votes that bother the GOP.

So, if concerned, either no one gets to vote that way or make the necessary efforts to validate that the votes cast match the signatures registered. It ain't that hard. Which, of course, is what well-run states do.

But the MAGA GOP needs an excuse they can peddle for losing.
Why are you not stating certainty above, yet pass judgment on those that believe there is fraudulent voting.

How do you square this?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 pm Haven't been following all that closely, thnx.
👍

Return to “POLITICS”