2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:12 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:42 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:57 am In don’t think given all the democrats have discussed with respect to rule of law, transparency and democracy of late that he fits in there. He’s a parasite on all of us. His behavior of spending and wealth transfers and retribution I’ve seen in various portions of the Democratic Party for sure but he won the republican primary so if you’re rte actually correct that would mean everyone who ever voted for him is a complete and absolute moron And/or a deceptive, fraudulent, fake Republican.

So you’re saying OS, PB, 6ft, etc are closet democrats? What else are in those closets I wonder?

I don’t think that cohort who voted for him would like the latter though it may very well be true. Seems to me that’s the case.
Trump capitalized at an opportunistic time, think third party. A new aged revolt, fed up with status quo, dead beat, talk out of the side of their neck entrenched politicians. Everyone says your vote counts, and yet, we get the same thing over and over and over. Trump was on to something, but he fudged it up b/c he couldn't shut up. If Trump had cleaned up his decorum early on, acted presidential, he would have won over many more. Instead, he doubled down...and to be frank, I believe his base is shrinking b/c of it.

Back to your question, No, I do not think they are closet democrats, nor am I. There is still the division between the parties on issues, here on fan lax, we tend to shoot the messenger, because we are more worried about getting our two cents and a dig in. If you noticed, those of us that were arguing in the (r) defense (not so much for Trump), were focused on primarily principled issues abroad that have impacted us locally and financially for years/decades.....all things China, The UN, M.E., SK, Climate accord, Southern border. The goal was to shore up our footings, a long overdue physical, we have spread ourselves a bit too thin after a looong war. Notice OS's post recently about agreeing with Jim Webb and the ME?
Bingo! LP readers will recall that I never supported Trump in the primary, nor expected him to be nominated, let alone win. I was hoping the (D)'s would be smart enough to nominate Jim Webb, whom I supported. After Trump was elected, I wanted him to succeed for the good of the country. I supported & defended him when I agreed with his policy or his decisions & I was disgusted by the govt officials who abused their powers to subvert his campaign then try to end his tenure.
Look forward to you supporting and defending Biden.
I very much want Biden to survive & serve a full 4 year term.
If not, we got Kamala

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:52 pm Rep. Chip Roy (TX GOP), who opposes objections to the Electoral College, today challenged the seating of 67 reps-elect from Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

"It would confound basic human reason if the presidential results were to face objection while the congressional results from the same election escaped without public scrutiny.”

Rep. Roy and Sen. Cornyn are head/shoulders above the other dreck from Texas (Cruz, Gohmert, one-box Abbott). Doing their jobs, using their brains, following the Constitution, country over party.

Making all Wahoos proud.
I notice you left Sen Langford off your hit list.
a fan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:22 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:13 pm No you're crazy. They're not fighting to save Trump. They know he's a lost cause. They're trying to steer us back to the way we did elections before the pandemic
:lol: :lol: How is what they are doing going to do that?

GGait is right----you're not being intellectually honest. You don't buy the BS you're selling here.
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:13 pm & retain the support of Trump supporters in their states or districts.
Yes. Party over Democracy. Tin Foil vs. not filling your shoes with your own drool.

afan -- Sen Langford, in the above clip, clearly states the point I've been trying to make.
Take the time to listen to him.
njbill

Post by njbill »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:59 pm Loeffler joins the Traitor Caucus:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/04 ... s-electors
Former Senator Perdue won’t be joining the party as he is now out of his job and is ineligible to vote.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:31 pm afan -- Sen Langford, in the above clip, clearly states the point I've been trying to make.
Which part? The part about praying and stuff? :roll:
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:31 pm Take the time to listen to him.
I did. He's being as intellectually dishonest as you are.

Are you going to stop with your nonsense after you get your 10 days of investigation?

And tell us "boy, i was wrong, this election was fine, just as all the judges already told us?"

No. You and Langford are going to whine and complain until R's win again. All this does is make millions of American doubt our elections. And you're too stubborn to understand how dangerous this game of yours is.

But sure, go right ahead and act like this is all normal. You and your fellow TrumpFans have been opening Pandora's boxes as fast as you could over the last four years, because you are all CLEARLY not wise enough to consider what these games your playing looks like when the Dems---or worse, the Libs----decide to play these games, only better.

Trump is a moron. What happens when we get a smart and corrupt liberal in the White House, and you and your buddies have given him/her this template for corrupt behavior?

Good luck with this game of yours, is all I have to say. You're going to pay a price for it, whether you understand that or not.....

Putin is OVERJOYED that you're doing his work for him. I hope you're happy....

(edited because I can't take my own advice, sorry)
Last edited by a fan on Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

For a guy who is supposed to be smart, Josh Hawley sure has terrible political instincts.

Does he really think that by joining the Traitors Caucus, Donald T**** will endorse him over Junior or Ivana Jr., that is, if he doesn’t try to run, himself, in 2024?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Perdue and fellow Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler have gone all-in with Trump as they seek to save their seats ahead of Tuesday’s run off. The pair previously called for Raffensperger to resign after the secretary of state and his office repeatedly dismissed unsubstantiated allegations of rampant voter fraud in the November election.

Raffensperger shot back at Perdue later in the day, demanding an apology for the stir caused by the resignation demand.

“Senator Purdue still owes my wife an apology for all the death threats she got after he asked for my resignation,“ he said on Fox News. “I have not heard a peep from that man since. If he wants to call me — face-to-face, man-to-man — I’ll talk to him, off the record. But he hasn’t done that.“
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/0 ... all-454496
CU77

Post by CU77 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:54 pm You and your fellow TrumpFans have been opening Pandora's boxes as fast as you could over the last four years, because you are all CLEARLY not wise enough to consider what these games your playing looks like when the Dems---or worse, the Libs----decide to play these games, only better.
I'm really looking forward to Vice President Kamala Harris rejecting Republican electors in 2024.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:40 pm For a guy who is supposed to be smart, Josh Hawley sure has terrible political instincts.

Does he really think that by joining the Traitors Caucus, Donald T**** will endorse him over Junior or Ivana Jr., that is, if he doesn’t try to run, himself, in 2024?
I'm intrigued by the different positions of Hawley v Blunt in MO & Langford v Inhoff in OK.
The 2 young guys appear to be looking at their long term prospects with home state voters.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’m sure you know Missouri politics better than I do, but I am a little surprised that the good old Midwestern folks of the Show Me state would buy into this nonsense of election fraud. It is one thing to vote for Trump. It is quite another to get behind this effort to (illegally) overturn the election when there is absolutely no basis to do so.

It is just an attention-getting stunt. If they object to the electors from, say, six states, then the clowns get to make six separate speeches on national TV.

Am interested in seeing Tommy the Tubeman’s speech. 50/50 he gets confused and thinks he is in the locker room.
It’ll just be “locker room talk,” I guess.

Will be interested to see how the Wrath of Mitch is rained down on these showboaters, either on Wednesday or later.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Orange Duce has finally gone round the bend. He is certifiable based on his Saturday phone call.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

Will be interested to see how the Wrath of Mitch is rained down on these showboaters, either on Wednesday or later.
Mitch won't do shirt. No matter how bad the behavior, he needs the votes for his caucus (majority or not).

What would be really interesting was if the Senate RINOs (Romney, Sasse et al) demanded punishment and/or threatened to withdraw from the GOP caucus. Now that would really fork with Mitch's giddyup.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Orange Duce has finally gone round the bend. He is certifiable based on his Saturday phone call.
More likely (and scarier) is that he does this all the time. Basically it is the same shake down he tried with Ukraine. WE just don't get to hear the tapes very often.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:18 pm
Mitch won't do shirt. No matter how bad the behavior, he needs the votes for his caucus (majority or not).

What would be really interesting was if the Senate RINOs (Romney, Sasse et al) demanded punishment and/or threatened to withdraw from the GOP caucus. Now that would really fork with Mitch's giddyup.
I have had the same thought. But frankly, I don't believe there is any republican that is not a eunuch. There have been enough Trump outrages that any non-eunuch Senator would have been exposed by now.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:08 pm I’m sure you know Missouri politics better than I do, but I am a little surprised that the good old Midwestern folks of the Show Me state would buy into this nonsense of election fraud. It is one thing to vote for Trump. It is quite another to get behind this effort to (illegally) overturn the election when there is absolutely no basis to do so.

It is just an attention-getting stunt. If they object to the electors from, say, six states, then the clowns get to make six separate speeches on national TV.

Am interested in seeing Tommy the Tubeman’s speech. 50/50 he gets confused and thinks he is in the locker room.
It’ll just be “locker room talk,” I guess.

Everytime I call home & talk with my brother & sister I'm stunned at the amount of Trump support they describe.
They're not political but my brother remarked about how much Trump's deregulation saved him in compliance costs & hassles (grocer)
& my sister gave me the amusing neighborhood buzz on the gun totin' McCloskey couple.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I can understand why there would be a fair amount of support for T**** in Missouri, but I’m a bit surprised that there would be widespread support for what Hawley et al. are planning for Wednesday. Just seems un-American.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:57 am In don’t think given all the democrats have discussed with respect to rule of law, transparency and democracy of late that he fits in there. He’s a parasite on all of us. His behavior of spending and wealth transfers and retribution I’ve seen in various portions of the Democratic Party for sure but he won the republican primary so if you’re rte actually correct that would mean everyone who ever voted for him is a complete and absolute moron And/or a deceptive, fraudulent, fake Republican.

So you’re saying OS, PB, 6ft, etc are closet democrats? What else are in those closets I wonder?

I don’t think that cohort who voted for him would like the latter though it may very well be true. Seems to me that’s the case.
Trump capitalized at an opportunistic time, think third party. A new aged revolt, fed up with status quo, dead beat, talk out of the side of their neck entrenched politicians. Everyone says your vote counts, and yet, we get the same thing over and over and over. Trump was on to something, but he fudged it up b/c he couldn't shut up. If Trump had cleaned up his decorum early on, acted presidential, he would have won over many more. Instead, he doubled down...and to be frank, I believe his base is shrinking b/c of it.

Back to your question, No, I do not think they are closet democrats, nor am I. There is still the division between the parties on issues, here on fan lax, we tend to shoot the messenger, because we are more worried about getting our two cents and a dig in. If you noticed, those of us that were arguing in the (r) defense (not so much for Trump), were focused on primarily principled issues abroad that have impacted us locally and financially for years/decades.....all things China, The UN, M.E., SK, Climate accord, Southern border. The goal was to shore up our footings, a long overdue physical, we have spread ourselves a bit too thin after a looong war. Notice OS's post recently about agreeing with Jim Webb and the ME?
Bingo! LP readers will recall that I never supported Trump in the primary, nor expected him to be nominated, let alone win. I was hoping the (D)'s would be smart enough to nominate Jim Webb, whom I supported. After Trump was elected, I wanted him to succeed for the good of the country. I supported & defended him when I agreed with his policy or his decisions & I was disgusted by the govt officials who abused their powers to subvert his campaign then try to end his tenure.
Theres another option you didn’t highlight in cutting my quote. The rebuttal to that at end below but basically the evidence here in these boards doesn’t make it very easy to believe you’re looking at every single situation independently given the astronomically high rate of support. Even before considering some of the tortured attempts at logic that have been utilized frequently to support so much.

Because you didn’t support Trump at some point in the past seems to be outweighed by your exhaustive efforts to defend everything he’s done in office. Being upset at some people for your grievance, which is debatable but let’s just assume for a second all perfectly valid complaints, is hardly an excuse for all the defense and justifications for abhorrent behavior, not moral (that too) rather with respect to his degradation of our country out of naked ego and selfishness, for the entirety of his term (that we even know of). You make it sound like every single situation you handled completely independently but that’s not what’s on record here in volume.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:57 pm I can understand why there would be a fair amount of support for T**** in Missouri, but I’m a bit surprised that there would be widespread support for what Hawley et al. are planning for Wednesday. Just seems un-American.
Hawley & Langford both say they're answering the concerns & questions of their voters, in a way that's convincing to those voters back home.
Langford's up in '22, Hawley in '24 (still too soon for a national run). We'll see if they pay a price. It's a gamble.
The Dems & the media will continue to hype this, but I predict it will soon be forgotten, at least in flyover country.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:49 pm my brother remarked about how much Trump's deregulation saved him in compliance costs & hassles (grocer)
Can you ask him to detail what Federal regulations were removed that affects a grocery store?

So far as I'm aware, the FDA hasn't changed a thing in the last three years.....and we have spent thousands to comply.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:15 pm

Theres another option you didn’t highlight in cutting my quote. The rebuttal to that at end below but basically the evidence here in these boards doesn’t make it very easy to believe you’re looking at every single situation independently given the astronomically high rate of support. Even before considering some of the tortured attempts at logic that have been utilized frequently to support so much.

Because you didn’t support Trump at some point in the past seems to be outweighed by your exhaustive efforts to defend everything he’s done in office. Being upset at some people for your grievance, which is debatable but let’s just assume for a second all perfectly valid complaints, is hardly an excuse for all the defense and justifications for abhorrent behavior, not moral (that too) rather with respect to his degradation of our country out of naked ego and selfishness, for the entirety of his term (that we even know of). You make it sound like every single situation you handled completely independently but that’s not what’s on record here in volume.
You know not of what you speak. You didn't participate in our LP WC discussions & only joined in here recently.. I said nothing supportive of Trump until after he won the nomination. Then I made fun of the Boris vs Natasha Russia hoax from the outset & called out the classified leaks by the Obama admin. As soon as Flynn joined the campaign I predicted the civil war within the IC & that they'd do everything in their power to take out Flynn because he threatened their rice bowls. I was right. I said that nothing Mueller came up with would surprise me & I kept waiting for him to take the kill shot, which never came. I have not defended Trump on EVERYTHING he has done. I don't have the time or energy to join in the endless Trump bashing. I have little new to add in that regard. I don't like Trump or hold him in high regard, but I think just as little of his opponents & I strongly disagree with many of their policies.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:15 pm

You know not of what you speak. You didn't participate in our LP WC discussions & only joined in here recently.. I said nothing supportive of Trump until after he won the nomination. Then I made fun of the Boris vs Natasha Russia hoax from the outset & called out the classified leaks by the Obama admin. As soon as Flynn joined the campaign I predicted the civil war within the IC & that they'd do everything in their power to take out Flynn because he threatened their rice bowls. I was right. I said that nothing Mueller came up with would surprise me & I kept waiting for him to take the kill shot, which never came. I have not defended Trump on EVERYTHING he has done. I don't have the time or energy to join in the endless Trump bashing. I have little new to add in that regard. I don't like Trump or hold him in high regard, but I think just as little of his opponents & I strongly disagree with many of their policies.
Closet Trump supporter....big deal.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”