Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by kramerica.inc »

So my legal reading is that the bet is null and void due to act of God.

And an “act of God” is really the only thing that could’ve stopped the Hounds this year anyway.

However, a Loyola/fanlax crab feast sounds like a good idea once this Corona thing passes...I’m in if anyone wants to do this! It should be crab season by then anyway!
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

My understanding is that all crabs are sheltering in place at the mouth of the bay until the pandemic passess.
laxdadj

Post by laxdadj »

To the Loyola faithful: We such a lack of lacrosse and sports available on TV these days, does anyone know how/where to access the full 2012 Championship game replay?
loyolapride2015

Post by loyolapride2015 »

Now that the season is officially over. I think it’s pretty safe to say that this team is heading in a pretty tough direction after a dismal performance. If Duke didn’t have so many penalties in a game would’ve been horrid. Loyola had an incredibly poor shooting percentage from the starting attack. Fortunately, Lindley came on a little bit in his last games to get his percentage up but not a threat to do anything else but play around the crease. Olmsted and Kamish were awful shooting for most of the year and lack vision so that is a problem. I think Loyola needs to stop having Olmsted trying to be the primary ball-handler because he had more turnovers than goals this year. Things will not go well for you as a team this continues. I think he needs to do less carrying and find his space off-ball. Hopefully, they have some new players coming in next year they can challenge them because they will not go very far if you attack shooting percentage is only 22 percent maybe if you’re a solid midfielder but not suitable for any attackmen. They are around the cage they should be scoring at high percentages. We have small quick attackmen that just want to shoot once they a step. That’s fine with me but you have hit your shots. Attackmen need to get to the front of the cage in my mind, and Lindley is the only one that shows he is willing to do that at times. If you look at the 2012 team all their attack, they were shooting 35+ Percent. Maybe bring in in some 5th year transfers to get the job done
They need to figure that piece out and completely revamp the midfield. Wigley can’t get the job done I am not sure why they keep paying his so much. Swindell is the only midfielder who produced this year. They need to do some serious rethinking on this front as well. It was a revolving door of who was playing this year. No one stepped up! I think the defense is in pretty good shape, and I believe Schaeffer did a very good job this year besides the last half of the Duke game. it is going to be a long couple of years for the Hounds! Major rebuilding needs to take place.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

loyolapride2015 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 am Now that the season is officially over. I think it’s pretty safe to say that this team is heading in a pretty tough direction after a dismal performance. If Duke didn’t have so many penalties in a game would’ve been horrid. Loyola had an incredibly poor shooting percentage from the starting attack. Fortunately, Lindley came on a little bit in his last games to get his percentage up but not a threat to do anything else but play around the crease. Olmsted and Kamish were awful shooting for most of the year and lack vision so that is a problem. I think Loyola needs to stop having Olmsted trying to be the primary ball-handler because he had more turnovers than goals this year. Things will not go well for you as a team this continues. I think he needs to do less carrying and find his space off-ball. Hopefully, they have some new players coming in next year they can challenge them because they will not go very far if you attack shooting percentage is only 22 percent maybe if you’re a solid midfielder but not suitable for any attackmen. They are around the cage they should be scoring at high percentages. We have small quick attackmen that just want to shoot once they a step. That’s fine with me but you have hit your shots. Attackmen need to get to the front of the cage in my mind, and Lindley is the only one that shows he is willing to do that at times. If you look at the 2012 team all their attack, they were shooting 35+ Percent. Maybe bring in in some 5th year transfers to get the job done
They need to figure that piece out and completely revamp the midfield. Wigley can’t get the job done I am not sure why they keep paying his so much. Swindell is the only midfielder who produced this year. They need to do some serious rethinking on this front as well. It was a revolving door of who was playing this year. No one stepped up! I think the defense is in pretty good shape, and I believe Schaeffer did a very good job this year besides the last half of the Duke game. it is going to be a long couple of years for the Hounds! Major rebuilding needs to take place.
you wanna put this post in a Loyola 2021 thread? this could be a topic for discussion
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I refuse to move to 2021 just yet.
I would like to honor the seniors and enjoy this year that would have VERY likely ended in yet another PL title and deep NCAA run or championship.
Congrats to the players, coaches and staff on another fine year.
Enjoy this season and all your hard work for just a little longer, and then lets get back to work.
Like this year, the Hounds will have a ton of teams shooting to knock us down off the pedestal, once again.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Boy, I keep wondering where these so-called fans come from? Are they the same guy, because they all post the same way.

'Loyola is headed in the wrong direction'. :lol:

OMG. 4-2 and we 'stink'.

If this new entrant, loyola2015, had a clue who is coming to campus next year.

The thing is, I am sure this poster and 11 and that other one whose name I can not even recall are the same poster...it's the same troll ignorance and makes me smell a Blue Jay.

:lol:
loyolapride2015

Post by loyolapride2015 »

Peter Is what I am saying not true? I admire Loyola And what they’ve done in the past. I do appreciate your optimism but I am stating the obvious so no reason to get worked up! I just think they need to revamp what they do in certain areas to get better. It starts with making players accountable for their performance. Good teams don’t shoot that poorly! Let’s work harder on shooting!!! I’m just looking for a healthy discussion that’s all.

You are correct Loyola four wins but two of the teams that played haven’t won a game In Lafayette and Towson. Their other two other wins are against Rutgers and Johns Hopkins who both 2-4 this year. It will take more to impress NCAA committee at the end of the year.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://pressboxonline.com/2020/03/20/l ... r-seniors/

An article from glenn clark radio speaking with Toomey about the canceling of the season.

In terms of the team aspect, the article states that McNulty and Railey are both coming back based on injury. That leaves 7 seniors left out of the 9. Its also very great that many of the seniors are looking to do the Emerging Leaders MBA program that Loyola has, so maybe a bunch of the others will come back for 2021
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

loyolapride2015 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:59 am Peter Is what I am saying not true? I admire Loyola And what they’ve done in the past. I do appreciate your optimism but I am stating the obvious so no reason to get worked up! I just think they need to revamp what they do in certain areas to get better. It starts with making players accountable for their performance. Good teams don’t shoot that poorly! Let’s work harder on shooting!!! I’m just looking for a healthy discussion that’s all.

You are correct Loyola four wins but two of the teams that played haven’t won a game In Lafayette and Towson. Their other two other wins are against Rutgers and Johns Hopkins who both 2-4 this year. It will take more to impress NCAA committee at the end of the year.
i can agree with this, imagine if some of those open look shots fell for the Virginia and Duke games. i think they will improve next year with fundamentals and shooting techniques
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Creating shots is the hard part.
Finishing is relatively easy...and streaky
The Hounds will be ok.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:00 pm
loyolapride2015 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:59 am Peter Is what I am saying not true? I admire Loyola And what they’ve done in the past. I do appreciate your optimism but I am stating the obvious so no reason to get worked up! I just think they need to revamp what they do in certain areas to get better. It starts with making players accountable for their performance. Good teams don’t shoot that poorly! Let’s work harder on shooting!!! I’m just looking for a healthy discussion that’s all.

i can agree with this, imagine if some of those open look shots fell for the Virginia and Duke games. i think they will improve next year with fundamentals and shooting techniques

Loyolapride2015 writes exactly like the other guy, 11 or something. I'm not sure they even realize the 'year' is over. There is no more lacrosse gonna be played.

Hounds will compete next year for the Natty. We were probably gonna win it this year. The field got lucky we were not able to exhibit our muscle.

Til next year.

Someone start 2021!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:10 pm
houndace1 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Loyolapride2015 writes exactly like the other guy, 11 or something. I'm not sure they even realize the 'year' is over. There is no more lacrosse gonna be played.

Hounds will compete next year for the Natty. We were probably gonna win it this year. The field got lucky we were not able to exhibit our muscle.

Til next year.

Someone start 2021!
i already made itt
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:04 pm Creating shots is the hard part.
Finishing is relatively easy...and streaky
The Hounds will be ok.
You are correct...

People are fired up about poor shooting and yes, it was not good, but some numbers are/were trending up...you gotta look at all the data and the direction things we're headed...

Kamish as example...freshman...had a rough start shooting 0-14 in first two games. Then what happened, 8-22 (36%) in next 4 games and he was trending up...big time, if you don't see that, I can't help you, kid gets open, is slick and and is big, fast and physical. You have to expect some struggles from freshman...and people started barking they aren't freshman anymore...well look at 16 and his stats will prove out that as the year started to progress, he was starting to pop...as was 45 and 32

Poitras will be very good and will continue to get better...kid is slick, can dodge and will be a point machine

7 and 19 will be back...I trust them...they will put up big numbers next year.

The back end will be really really good. Defense, Savio, goaltending

I think guys will emerge at the midfield and this team will be very very solid next year

Sucks we didn't get to see the development continue this year...

Be safe out there...
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

laxdadj wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:27 pm To the Loyola faithful: We such a lack of lacrosse and sports available on TV these days, does anyone know how/where to access the full 2012 Championship game replay?
I have it. You don't want to know how.

OK, I'll tell you. I had it on my DVR, but couldn't figure out how to transfer it off because of the digital copy protection. So, I resorted to an embarrassingly low-tech solution. I put a camcorder in front of my TV on a tripod and recorded it. The quality is not as horrible as you might think. I broke up the game into 4 parts for each quarter because of the file size.

Any suggestions where I should post it? Not sure if YouTube will take it down because of copyright violation.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

i know its now a sim season on laxreference but Loyola vs army occurred yesterday and the simmed stats are EYE POPPING.

https://lacrossereference.com/game-win- ... _20200322/

For reference. Lindley scored 11 points with 8 goals and 3 assists. Olmstead had 3 goals and 5 Assists. Poitras with 3 goals and 4 assists.

Final Score: Loyola 23, Army 9.

just a little tidbit i wanted to post since we all miss this season
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”