The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:50 pm Bella wants changes too.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lif ... 2226&ei=15
Didn’t even know they were trans, but sure liked when they whooped a** in the second to last episode, dropped the cult leaders cold while Pedro P sat by and watched.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:29 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:23 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:29 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:31 pm
I get few PM's. I don't delete them. I find no PM's from you in my inbox dating back to '2018.
Buffalo bagels More gaslighting. When someone opens a PM, the sender gets a "sent" notice. It's in my "sent" box from posting....

To old salt Sent: Mon May 08, 2023 12:44 pm

Want me to post it to the class? It's a perfectly nice note. But don't tell me you didn't see it. Everyone here has a "sent" box that tells you a poster opened it. It sits in the "out" box until they open it.
Resend it. The last PM in my IN BOX is Apr 20, 2023. It might have bounced off because the IN BOX was full or I opened it in a notification chain, thinking it was another post in reply to one of my posts.
Following up. I went back to through my Notifications page, via Show More.
On page 9, I found a PM from you mixed in with all the posts quoting me.
When I try to open it, I get :
You are not authorised to read private messages that are on hold.
Resent, as requested.......
There’s finite capacity have to clear it occasionally, a modern person would’ve figured that out by now..but can’t open another sent msg until some are cleared (deleted). Especially someone who’s so savvy in their tech stock selection and claims to outperform others because of their of expertise and talent.

But I believe the comment was “I didn’t see any and you didn’t send” em route to calling you a liar.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:50 pm Bella wants changes too.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lif ... 2226&ei=15
You do see that some (TLD, myself and a few others at least) are imply arguing for fairness across citizens and not allowing majority rule to hurt some in favor of others feelings. At the same time we (I and TLD at min) have made it fairly clear that it’s complex and not either/or but that it’s evident people are being hurt and they human development/growth is being stunted by the meanness, insecurity and fear of others who have no direct and personal reason to act and behave that way.

It’s not like an advocate, say Patty Ireland, arguing for all abortions in the 42nd week on demand, which is her job. It’s about people having the OPPORTUNITY to live a healthy and free from persecution life simply because they are different. It’s not good now and that’s not the fault of the letter crew that it’s unhealthy, unfair and hurtful. So directionally the changes need to be made mostly one way to get to a better place for humanity and that’s what the anti letter crowd rejects flat out.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

I'm not so sure I've said anything much different but you guys like to pile on anytime something doesn't fall in line completely as you think. You look for the exception, divert and distort. Count me all in on fair play and equal opportunity, this includes the women who are being forced to compete against biological males. Now I'll be told it's just not so easy to determine ones sex (it was with the cyclist and Lia Thomson). I've clearly stated that this is one helluva a burden for those going through the transition but that burden shouldn't be put on the 13 year old female athlete who is just looking for fairness too. You guys dig for the needle in the haystack and want to tell me about the rare exceptions, females born with a higher testosterone level and those who are difficult to determine the sex of at birth. Yup, all that stuff happens but it didn't happen to Lia Thomson or Mulvaney. Talk about the boys who are transitioning, born males, identified as males at birth, are transitioning and competing against girls. That is wrong, and that part is pretty easy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:20 am I'm not so sure I've said anything much different but you guys like to pile on anytime something doesn't fall in line completely as you think. You look for the exception, divert and distort. Count me all in on fair play and equal opportunity, this includes the women who are being forced to compete against biological males. Now I'll be told it's just not so easy to determine ones sex (it was with the cyclist and Lia Thomson). I've clearly stated that this is one helluva a burden for those going through the transition but that burden shouldn't be put on the 13 year old female athlete who is just looking for fairness too. You guys dig for the needle in the haystack and want to tell me about the rare exceptions, females born with a higher testosterone level and those who are difficult to determine the sex of at birth. Yup, all that stuff happens but it didn't happen to Lia Thomson or Mulvaney. Talk about the boys who are transitioning, born males, identified as males at birth, are transitioning and competing against girls. That is wrong, and that part is pretty easy.
How do they get a chance to compete then? Why does one or two examples make a trend or some wave of majority taking over and ruining society. But we know that people will jump on some rare example or something with minimal or modest consequences to society at large to hide their fear, insecurity and own mental/moral weakness and behind a singular event instead of saying what they mean or out of fear of projecting any weakness/imperfection.

What is the reason to fight so hard against all Ts because of one example or two. Keep them all down because of one travesty? That’s what pushing hard on this accomplishes. It feeds the people who want to keep a group down and keep them hurting for no good reason except “this one time” which ironically is what you’re suggesting I or others do but isn’t that what you’re doing with two examples out of hundreds of instances? A very low percentage to keep the rest down?

I’m not piling on, I haven’t argued much against you other than the typical leaps of correlation to causation or taking an immediate datapoint and drawing a long term conclusion but I do that w Brooklyn, JHU and people on every side. Claiming victory or a position being correct a few weeks or months after an event is just illogical. We won’t know the outcome of this until HBS does a case study 10 years from now. Any arguments drawing conclusions today are just risk free grabbing of optionality on moral upside-The Doc Barrister approach to discourse.

I don’t like the situation but it’s not the poor kids who have rough lives it’s us jerk adults keeping them in misery and continuing perpetrate exclaiming. Kids. You’ve had some. They are hurting. The ones who have no place in society a heck of a lot more than the kid who’s parents would send them to IMG Acadmey if they could afford it.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Gotta go, will get back to you.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:38 am Gotta go, will get back to you.
It’s all good remember I said I generally agree with you. It’s around the margin.

But…let’s just say I think Dave Chappelle was making a very solid point a few years back when the left excoriated him.

Happy Memorial Day to you as well. I just made a massive breakfasts for the family of which they barely ate any and have a super slow
Cooking corned beef for lunch myself. Get some grub in you.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon May 29, 2023 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:40 am
It’s all good remember I said I generally agree with you. It’s around the margin.

But…let’s just say I think Dave Chappelle was making a very solid point a few years back when the left excoriated him.

Happy Memorial Day to you as well. I just made a massive breakfasts for the family of which they barley ate any and have a super slow
It’s not one size fits all. It more to it than just “pull down their pants…it’s either a d!ck or a pyoussy.”…. I don’t like boys that competed at a competitive level now competing against girls….. however once you start getting into the science of hormone treatment and reduced testosterone levels it changes the competitive scale. Maybe make it a 3-4 year wait period or something? The hormones/testosterone issue is more important than what genitalia a person was “born” with and, in meaningful percentage of the population, that’s not clear either.

Why were these three women Olympic champions not allowed to compete against other women recently? They all had a poussy? A boy waking up one day and deciding he wants to compete against girls is a non starter for me. My wife was a D1 track athlete and a friend’s wife is an Olympic gold medalist in the hurdles. I understand the advantages. Once a person starts receiving treatment, it’s a different calculus. Puberty suppression is another variable.

I keep coming back to how few people this impacts and how it keeps coming up here. “Racism is overblown but these transgender people are the real problem”….it’s laughable if it weren’t sad.

This girls losing in high school to boys may not get a medal but they are definitely getting a scholarship. It is all about the time….It’s so stupid.

EDIT: my cousin still holds the state record for the 220 yard dash….last year it was run before being converted to 200 meters!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Like I said, nobody cares when these athletes are losing….

“I can’t really say what I want to say, but there’s not much I can do about it,” Hall said. “You can’t blame anyone. Her times were slowing during the season. If I ran my best race, I could have won. I didn’t. I hadn’t felt good the last three days, but there are no excuses.

“From what I know she is really nice and that’s all that matters. She’s not rude and obnoxious.”

As it stands, Yearwood, who ran a sparkling 11.9 in the 100 early in the season, has been turning in times recently that will not win the State Open next week in either the 100 or 200. In an odd sort of way, that makes the situation less controversial. The CIAC has recognized there likely has been other transgender athletes competing in the past. If they aren’t winning medals, producing excellent times, emotions run not nearly as high.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:16 am

Happy Memorial Day to you as well. I just made a massive breakfasts for the family of which they barley ate any and have a super slow
It’s not one size fits all. It more to it than just “pull down their pants…it’s either a d!ck or a pyoussy.”…. I don’t like boys that competed at a competitive level now competing against girls….. however once you start getting into the science of hormone treatment and reduced testosterone levels it changes the competitive scale. Maybe make it a 3-4 year wait period or something? The hormones/testosterone issue is more important than what genitalia a person was “born” with and, in meaningful percentage of the population, that’s not clear either.

Why were these three women Olympic champions not allowed to compete against other women recently? They all had a poussy? A boy waking up one day and deciding he wants to compete against girls is a non starter for me. My wife was a D1 track athlete and a friend’s wife is an Olympic gold medalist in the hurdles. I understand the advantages. Once a person starts receiving treatment, it’s a different calculus. Puberty suppression is another variable.

I keep coming back to how few people this impacts and how it keeps coming up here. “Racism is overblown but these transgender people are the real problem”….it’s laughable if it weren’t sad.

This girls losing in high school to boys may not get a medal but they are definitely getting a scholarship. It is all about the time….It’s so stupid.

EDIT: my cousin still holds the state record for the 220 yard dash….last year it was run before being converted to 200 meters!
Actually, while muscle mass is important, the greatest difference is dimple bio-mechanics: wider hips changes angle of legs, yielding a less efficient delivery of motive force. Also leads to more frequent knee injury (ligament strain).

I can’t believe the longevity of this discourse. People are all different. We separate them into groups for purposes of suitability of competition, i.e. no one wants to see a blowout. Intrinsically, the groupings are arbitrary. Might we have races for blondes? Tall people?

A question: if the fastest, most agile, or most fit prevails, who the fcuk cares what their chromosome composition or various hormone levels are?

Or are these distinctions made for some other reasons?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:58 am

Actually, while muscle mass is important, the greatest difference is dimple bio-mechanics: wider hips changes angle of legs, yielding a less efficient delivery of motive force. Also leads to more frequent knee injury (ligament strain).

I can’t believe the longevity of this discourse. People are all different. We separate them into groups for purposes of suitability of competition, i.e. no one wants to see a blowout. Intrinsically, the groupings are arbitrary. Might we have races for blondes? Tall people?

A question: if the fastest, most agile, or most fit prevails, who the fcuk cares what their chromosome composition or various hormone levels are?

Lots of things go into it. Pretty sure Abby Steiner is faster than 80% of D1 men lacrosse players, if not more, over 100 and 200 meters. I am stunned by how big an issue this is now…the power of the media.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I would love a race for tall blondes! We can make the finish line my front door and I will be there with a bowl of ice cubes to cool off any parts they need.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:07 pm

I would love a race for tall blondes! We can make the finish line my front door and I will be there with a bowl of ice cubes to cool off any parts they need.
It is called Volleyball
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:14 pm

It is called Volleyball
I already am a spectating GOAT for that sport. Watched an unhealthy amount of PAC12 womens volleyball in my life!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:14 pm

It is called Volleyball
I already am a spectating GOAT for that sport. Watched an unhealthy amount of PAC12 womens volleyball in my life!
One of the recruiting pitches to my son was “we have a lot of tall blonde volleyball players from California”….coach must have thought he was recruiting his old man!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:20 am I'm not so sure I've said anything much different but you guys like to pile on anytime something doesn't fall in line completely as you think. You look for the exception, divert and distort. Count me all in on fair play and equal opportunity, this includes the women who are being forced to compete against biological males. Now I'll be told it's just not so easy to determine ones sex (it was with the cyclist and Lia Thomson). I've clearly stated that this is one helluva a burden for those going through the transition but that burden shouldn't be put on the 13 year old female athlete who is just looking for fairness too. You guys dig for the needle in the haystack and want to tell me about the rare exceptions, females born with a higher testosterone level and those who are difficult to determine the sex of at birth. Yup, all that stuff happens but it didn't happen to Lia Thomson or Mulvaney. Talk about the boys who are transitioning, born males, identified as males at birth, are transitioning and competing against girls. That is wrong, and that part is pretty easy.
Don’t know how many times I have to say that I don’t think a male that competed at a competitive level should be allowed to compete against females. Please make sure you read that. This includes Lia Thomas. I have said there needs to be a higher bar if that is the case. Please make sure you read that again. I have also said if the athlete wasn’t “winning”, nobody would really care… please explain why we don’t hear how unfair it is when the schlep is losing every week? I also mentioned that there is a meaningful percentage of people in which sex is basically guessed at birth. Millions of people actually. My point is that it’s not a one size fits all and there are relatively few instances.

You seem to bring this up a lot or is it me?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:09 pm
Don’t know how many times I have to say that I don’t think a male that competed at a competitive level be allowed to compete against females. Please make sure you read that. This includes Lia Thomas. I have said there needs to be a higher bar if that is the case. Please make sure you read that again. I have also said if the athlete wasn’t “winning”, nobody would really care… please explain why we don’t hear how unfair it is when the schlep is losing every week? I also mentioned that there is a meaningful percentage of people in which sex is basically guessed at birth. Millions of people actually. My point is that it’s not a one size fits all and there are relatively few instances.

Okay, back from my travels, ($2.29/lb wings at Nichol's worth the trip...don't still have all of them, ate some, very tasty). Stopped at the park for a bit, lots of dogs going by, it's just the best. I make quite a number of them stop and give me a tail wag, say hello for a minute. Lot of people too, they can be more fun to play with than the dogs. Couple of old timers out for a stroll, one has a Navy hat with a carrier he was on on it. Of course conversation was initiated and fun conversation ensued. Can talk about the nice little aszes on those little Italian boys in Naples and it's nothing more than a fun, harmless conversation. Nothing analyzed, twisted, or distorted.
You or me bringing it up a lot? I don't know but I'd be surprised if you had a whole lot fewer posts in the discussion than I do, so you make the call.
Read and re-read? C'mon, I'm pretty darn sure I'm the one who pointed out to you that we're pretty much in agreement here when you posted the UK biker's decision (after I had) and you agreed, as did Ffg. I'm reading and keeping up just fine.
Why we don't hear about it when the schleps are losing? We might not hear about it because the schlep didn't run a school record breaking time in the hundred meter so it didn't make the news/internet/cesspool. Bet if you went to the local school board meeting at that school you'd hear something about it though. Of course the one's winning and have distinct advantage are the ones we're going to hear about the most. The issue is about a whole lot more than winning and losing, it is unfair to girls.
Get better, work harder...yada, yada, yada. If your 220 record breaking/holding cousin (and that's pretty sweet) came over and hung out our place from 13-18 she'd no doubt outrun all of us, but when we started getting on the bench and picking some weights up she'd be in real trouble. Hung around the gym for many years, many more than the vast majority (no one ever asked me why my arms are small except you, Ffg, because they never were) The difference in upper body strength is significant and that's understating.
The women will settle this, quite a number of them not at all happy about it. Got some 'splainin' to do to them.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:09 pm
Don’t know how many times I have to say that I don’t think a male that competed at a competitive level be allowed to compete against females. Please make sure you read that. This includes Lia Thomas. I have said there needs to be a higher bar if that is the case. Please make sure you read that again. I have also said if the athlete wasn’t “winning”, nobody would really care… please explain why we don’t hear how unfair it is when the schlep is losing every week? I also mentioned that there is a meaningful percentage of people in which sex is basically guessed at birth. Millions of people actually. My point is that it’s not a one size fits all and there are relatively few instances.

Okay, back from my travels, ($2.29/lb wings at Nichol's worth the trip...don't still have all of them, ate some, very tasty). Stopped at the park for a bit, lots of dogs going by, it's just the best. I make quite a number of them stop and give me a tail wag, say hello for a minute. Lot of people too, they can be more fun to play with than the dogs. Couple of old timers out for a stroll, one has a Navy hat with a carrier he was on on it. Of course conversation was initiated and fun conversation ensued. Can talk about the nice little aszes on those little Italian boys in Naples and it's nothing more than a fun, harmless conversation. Nothing analyzed, twisted, or distorted.
You or me bringing it up a lot? I don't know but I'd be surprised if you had a whole lot fewer posts in the discussion than I do, so you make the call.
Read and re-read? C'mon, I'm pretty darn sure I'm the one who pointed out to you that we're pretty much in agreement here when you posted the UK biker's decision (after I had) and you agreed, as did Ffg. I'm reading and keeping up just fine.
Why we don't hear about it when the schleps are losing? We might not hear about it because the schlep didn't run a school record breaking time in the hundred meter so it didn't make the news/internet/cesspool. Bet if you went to the local school board meeting at that school you'd hear something about it though. Of course the one's winning and have distinct advantage are the ones we're going to hear about the most. The issue is about a whole lot more than winning and losing, it is unfair to girls.
Get better, work harder...yada, yada, yada. If your 220 record breaking/holding cousin (and that's pretty sweet) came over and hung out our place from 13-18 she'd no doubt outrun all of us, but when we started getting on the bench and picking some weights up she'd be in real trouble. Hung around the gym for many years, many more than the vast majority (no one ever asked me why my arms are small except you, Ffg, because they never were) The difference in upper body strength is significant and that's understating.
The women will settle this, quite a number of them not at all happy about it. Got some 'splainin' to do to them.
I post a lot and generally respond. I don’t deny it. How big would your arms be if you had no testosterone? Bigger, smaller or the same size? Again, people that competed as male shouldn’t be allowed to walk over and compete with females. Finding a way to potentially nullify any physiological advantage is good with me… puberty suppression makes it a non issue. You never answered my question why were those women olympians disallowed to compete in recent events….they were born with a jerk and weren’t on any PEDs? Why not let them compete? What about the female transitioning to male and went 52-0 competing against females. She had a jerk too…. It’s really simple stuff.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6391653/
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon May 29, 2023 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Pretty sure he would clean up as a female athlete
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

This father needs to educate himself, needs to be better informed.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fathe ... 2d51&ei=10

Return to “POLITICS”