OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by njbill »

Suit yourself. But when a few months ago you claim UNC is cheating (one of the words you used) because they schedule 15 games and then purport to “excuse” NU for doing the same thing, you should expect to get flack. When you do, it’s your choice as to whether to respond (defend and explain your position) or run and hide.

If posters want to criticize certain schools because they perceive they put together weak schedules, have at it. Personally, it’s not something that really interests me. But to criticize teams – and particularly those that usually have multiple conference and NCAA playoff games – for the number of regular season games they schedule, to me, is nothing more than looking to pick a fight on an issue that doesn’t exist.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

ultravisitor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:17 pm
laxdadpat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am The ACC is loaded at the top, Big 10 has Northwestern. Who would finish ahead of MD in ACC? UNC, BC, Cuse, ND and Clemson?
I think it's unfair to put Clemson ahead of Maryland. Maryland still has strong talent and they return a lot of experience, so they probably rank somewhere along the edge of the top ten (9-12 range). Clemson probably ranks somewhere around 15.
I think why you are saying is fair. I will say this….if Clemson next year plays a harder schedule, hey are three years away from Top 5. 2026 season
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

spidey44 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:02 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:59 am
spidey44 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:47 am I standby my cupcake of an OOC schedule statement for Clemson. I expect Duke to one up them.
If Duke is playing Hop--then Duke already has a tougher OOC than Clemson. Don't sleep on the Blue Jays this year...
I missed the mention of that. And if true, definitely bumps them up over the Tigers.
CLEMSON'S OOC is worthless for a program wanting to make some moves. Need to schedule at least 1 or 2 games vs a mid-level quality opponent with "P5" or deep lacrosse roots status and a brand name. You mop up the nobodies of the southeast and lower mid Atlantic then nobody notices. You win a game vs Princeton, Yale, Georgetown, OSU, Cincy, Vanderbilt...it also helps build some needed experience (which yes, they get through a gauntlet schedule of ACC but can't play complete cupcakes OOC).

Only Wofford and Furman decided to play again vs Clemson in 2024 so that speaks volumes right there as well - even those other teams know.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:33 pm Suit yourself. But when a few months ago you claim UNC is cheating (one of the words you used) because they schedule 15 games and then purport to “excuse” NU for doing the same thing, you should expect to get flack. When you do, it’s your choice as to whether to respond (defend and explain your position) or run and hide.

If posters want to criticize certain schools because they perceive they put together weak schedules, have at it. Personally, it’s not something that really interests me. But to criticize teams – and particularly those that usually have multiple conference and NCAA playoff games – for the number of regular season games they schedule, to me, is nothing more than looking to pick a fight on an issue that doesn’t exist.
Billy ol' bean--I stopped reading your posts to me a looooong ass time ago. But knock yourself out, counselor.
njbill

Post by njbill »

You don’t read my posts, but yet you just responded to one. :lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Looking Forward to 2024 - Yale Bulldogs

2.17 Stanford
2.21 Quinnipiac
2.24 at Temple

3.2 at Princeton
3.9 Connecticut
3.12 Central Connecticut
3.17 at Rutgers
3.23 at Dartmouth
3.30 Brown

4.3 at Boston College
4.7 Penn
4.13 Harvard
4.20 at Cornell
4.22 Denver (neutral site)
4.27 Columbia

Pretty tough schedule for Yale.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

laxdadpat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am The ACC is loaded at the top, Big 10 has Northwestern. Who would finish ahead of MD in ACC? UNC, BC, Cuse, ND and Clemson?
I think it's unfair to put Clemson ahead of Maryland. Maryland still has strong talent and they return a lot of experience, so they probably rank somewhere along the edge of the top ten (9-12 range). Clemson probably ranks somewhere around 15.
How about we wait until Clemson actually beats a team that makes the NCAA tournament before we go putting them ahead of the non-NW Big Ten(of which 5 of the 7 teams made the tournament last year)? Clemson isn't even ranked in the top 25 by US Lacrosse preseason. 5 of the top 15 is from the Big Ten. 4 of the top 15 are from the ACC. Granted, the 4 ACC teams are in the top 7, but let's not pretend like any of the other 6 ACC teams are definitely better than the non-NW Big Ten teams. People are also sleeping on MD. They have plenty of talent.

US Lax Magazine Early Rankings:
1. NW - Big Ten
2. BC - ACC
3. UNC - ACC
4. Denver - Big East
5. Cuse - ACC
6. Maryland - Big Ten
7. Notre Dame - ACC
8. JMU - AAC
9. Loyola - Patriot
10. Stony Brook - CAA
11. Florida - AAC
12. Hopkins - Big Ten
13. Army - Patriot
14. Penn St - Big Ten
15. Michigan - Big Ten
16. Penn - Ivy
17. USC - Pac 12 -> Big Ten in 2025
18. UVA - ACC
19. UMass - A-10
20. Princeton - Ivy
21. Duke - ACC
22. Navy - Patriot
23. Jacksonville - ASun
24. Marquette -Big East
25. UConn - Big East
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Not saying you’re wrong about Maryland being ahead of Clemson, I agree. But I wouldn’t use Lacrosse magazine as the evidence. Have a feeling they get in the office and throw darts at teams and that’s how they pick them. A large number of those teams especially 15-25 will be off that list by the time April comes. Clemson will definitely be in the top 25 even with their cupcake schedule. But yes they will be behind Maryland.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:54 pm Not saying you’re wrong about Maryland being ahead of Clemson, I agree. But I wouldn’t use Lacrosse magazine as the evidence. Have a feeling they get in the office and throw darts at teams and that’s how they pick them. A large number of those teams especially 15-25 will be off that list by the time April comes. Clemson will definitely be in the top 25 even with their cupcake schedule. But yes they will be behind Maryland.
I'm just in a wait and see mode with Clemson. They haven't beaten anybody. They brought in a lot of transfers, but why weren't most of those transfers playing at the schools they moved on from? They have a really good freshman class, but it's rare that freshmen make a huge impact. Not saying it doesn't happen, but counting on 4-5 freshman making a big difference is usually foolish. Perhaps they'll make a huge step forward this year but with their schedule I expect it to be similar to last year which isn't enough to warrant being ranked or making the NCAA tournament. With their schedule they'll need to upset one of the big 4. They beat Duke, Va Tech, Louisville and Pitt last year and it wasn't enough to get them in. There's no OOC games on their schedule to help them.

I'd certainly take MD over Notre Dame too. Coaches don't compare.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

hmmm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:07 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:54 pm Not saying you’re wrong about Maryland being ahead of Clemson, I agree. But I wouldn’t use Lacrosse magazine as the evidence. Have a feeling they get in the office and throw darts at teams and that’s how they pick them. A large number of those teams especially 15-25 will be off that list by the time April comes. Clemson will definitely be in the top 25 even with their cupcake schedule. But yes they will be behind Maryland.
I'm just in a wait and see mode with Clemson. They haven't beaten anybody. They brought in a lot of transfers, but why weren't most of those transfers playing at the schools they moved on from? They have a really good freshman class, but it's rare that freshmen make a huge impact. Not saying it doesn't happen, but counting on 4-5 freshman making a big difference is usually foolish. Perhaps they'll make a huge step forward this year but with their schedule I expect it to be similar to last year which isn't enough to warrant being ranked or making the NCAA tournament. With their schedule they'll need to upset one of the big 4. They beat Duke, Va Tech, Louisville and Pitt last year and it wasn't enough to get them in. There's no OOC games on their schedule to help them.

I'd certainly take MD over Notre Dame too. Coaches don't compare.
As I said earlier. They are three years away. That being said, a couple years ago Syracuse had basically mostly freshman do it for them. So it certainly can happen. I think they do well enough to break in but I see your point.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:33 pm
I think why you are saying is fair. I will say this….if Clemson next year plays a harder schedule, hey are three years away from Top 5. 2026 season
speaking of gentlemen's bets, I'd take this one.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:30 pm

Hah. Gentleman’s bet is a dollar. Lot of wimp clauses out of this one. They have to play a hard schedule. 😁
OuttaNowhereWregget

Me too. In a NY minute.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

NULax2 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:21 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:29 pm
spidey44 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:05 pm I suppose since they are reigning National Champs, this schedule is apropos. Only ONE OOC team that wasn't in the 2023 tourney. Color me impressed.
And I guarantee that game was done for strategic recruiting purposes. Lots of non-east coast teams want to hone in on all of the Colorado girls lax talent.
Maybe, but more likely it was given because Annie is a former player & coach for KAH.
But remember Denver is also visiting NU this year. This means NU will likely also have a Colorado road game next year as well. This is a scheduling tactic used in football and basketball for a long time. Great that lax is catching up.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:46 pm

Hah. Gentleman’s bet is a dollar. Lot of wimp clauses out of this one. They have to play a hard schedule. 😁
We shall revisit this ~12/2024 lol.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:46 pm

I got three years. I could be dead by then. I’ll tell my wife to send you a 1$
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:06 pm

Well, we'll know if they have a tough schedule around this time next year so we can make it official :lol:
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:29 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:06 pm

Well, we'll know if they have a tough schedule around this time next year so we can make it official :lol:
👍
OuttaNowhereWregget

Who will the Two be to fill out the Final Five

Last year's Tewaaraton finalists. The three who are still playing will be back there again.
Who will make the final two slots? One of the Humphrey's? A defender? A goaltender?

l to r: Meaghan Tyrrell (Syracuse); Izzy Scane (NU); Isabella Peterson (JMU); Jenn Medjid (BC); Erin Coykendall (NU)
Relax77

Re: Who will the Two be to fill out the Final Five

Post by Relax77 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:51 am Last year's Tewaaraton finalists. The three who are still playing will be back there again.
Who will make the final two slots? One of the Humphrey's? A defender? A goaltender?

l to r: Meaghan Tyrrell (Syracuse); Izzy Scane (NU); Isabella Peterson (JMU); Jenn Medjid (BC); Erin Coykendall (NU)
Belle Smith and
I am Gonna go with UConn. White although they will probably give it to Sweitzer because of the love for her and all things Syracuse.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”