Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:16 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:04 pm
tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:53 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:41 pm

Your theory is that your Deep State....which is led by Republicans (Comey, Rettig, Mueller, Barr, Wray), soup to nuts.......has gone haywire, and is politically biased against Republicans?

This. makes. no. sense.
Sorry to interrupt, but a fan, do you really believe Trump (who was going to drain the swamp) was viewed by all those people as a fellow Republican?
afan can't handle a lack of structure. Everyone has to have a R or D tattooed on their forehead & act accordingly.
Are you saying they aren't R's or are you saying Trump is actually not, that MAGA is not...that QAnon is not...?
They're just an occupying force that dumb Republicans have followed and voted for blindly, what "because they like their policies"?

So...They all are allies against the Deep State, which is NOT D's alone, nor liberals, not an opposition to "conservatives" or "Republicans", but rather it's ahhh yes "elites", both R and D, who run the world, one child blood drinker at a time...?

Man, the conspiracy is convoluted...
Trump is extremely polarizing. His most ardent haters are disgruntled (R)'s, present company included.

I can separate policy from character when there is lack of character on both sides.

I'm not obsessed with the lunatic fringe on both extremes.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:09 pm I can't say that for Hunter re "character". Just don't know.
If he stays sober, that's a positive mark...if he makes amends, that's another. Hope he does.
I found Hunter's text to his daughter about having to support the family for 30 years, & giving half of everything he earns to Pop -- kind of sad.
Maybe some family members need to make amends to him.
I dunno...he was definitely in a horrible state, depression, addiction, etc...hard to know what was chemical what was other.

I try not to make too harsh a judgment when those factors are at work, just can't know enough from afar.

Much easier to hope for sobriety, amends, etc.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:16 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:04 pm

Your theory is that your Deep State....which is led by Republicans (Comey, Rettig, Mueller, Barr, Wray), soup to nuts.......has gone haywire, and is politically biased against Republicans?

This. makes. no. sense.
Sorry to interrupt, but a fan, do you really believe Trump (who was going to drain the swamp) was viewed by all those people as a fellow Republican?
afan can't handle a lack of structure. Everyone has to have a R or D tattooed on their forehead & act accordingly.
Are you saying they aren't R's or are you saying Trump is actually not, that MAGA is not...that QAnon is not...?
They're just an occupying force that dumb Republicans have followed and voted for blindly, what "because they like their policies"?

So...They all are allies against the Deep State, which is NOT D's alone, nor liberals, not an opposition to "conservatives" or "Republicans", but rather it's ahhh yes "elites", both R and D, who run the world, one child blood drinker at a time...?

Man, the conspiracy is convoluted...
Trump is extremely polarizing. His most ardent haters are disgruntled (R)'s, present company included.

I can separate policy from character when there is lack of character on both sides.

I'm not obsessed with the lunatic fringe on both extremes.
Serious question: Do you see ANYONE on the political scene as actually equivalent to Trump in "lack of character"?
Do you not wonder what the vociferous enthusiasm for the worst of his character to not be off-putting?
The cheers when he's the ugliest?

Are these supporters just "lunatic fringe"?

BTW, I'm far more than "disgruntled"...I'm appalled and disgusted.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:24 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:12 pm

This. makes. no. sense.

No, I don't. But you're forgetting the other side of your question.

Do you really believe that not just one, but several Republicans and lifelong public servants....... would actively risk their careers and reputations to take their own party down, and install Democrats?

Only Trump supporters (not voters..you can vote for Trump, and not support him) were dumb enough to think Trump would "drain the swamp".

The people smart enough to rise to positions of DC power knew full well what was coming: Trump was a cash register, and as folks tried to tell you, he EXPLODED Federal spending in his pre-Covid years, filling everyone's pockets in DC to overflow. Remember telling me that his tax cuts "might" pay for themselves, and mocking me, telling me "how could I possibly know if that claim is a lie"?

He made the swamp 60% larger in just four years, tech. And he'll do it again if you let him.
Remember this a fan?

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

Everything else you're referring to is irrelevant to my original post.
I literally, immediately, and directly answered your first question in my very first sentence. And my second point about the increase of budget DIRECTLY addressed your claim of "draining the swamp". Don't want a rebuttal? Don't make the claim.

Schumer isn't making the same claim that you and OS is. Read it again, and show me where Schumer claims that US Intel is, as OS claims, politically biased.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 pm .Schumer isn't making the same claim that you and OS is. Read it again, and show me where Schumer claims that US Intel is, as OS claims, politically biased.
Again -- I'm not saying the entire IC is politically biased, but Clapper, Brennan, Comey, McCabe, Strzok & the leakers certainly were.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 pm

This. makes. no. sense.

Do you really believe that not just one, but several Republicans and lifelong public servants....... would actively risk their careers and reputations to take their own party down, and install Democrats?

Only Trump supporters (not voters..you can vote for Trump, and not support him) were dumb enough to think Trump would "drain the swamp".

The people smart enough to rise to positions of DC power knew full well what was coming: Trump was a cash register, and as folks tried to tell you, he EXPLODED Federal spending in his pre-Covid years, filling everyone's pockets in DC to overflow. Remember telling me that his tax cuts "might" pay for themselves, and mocking me, telling me "how could I possibly know if that claim is a lie"?

He made the swamp 60% larger in just four years, tech. And he'll do it again if you let him.
Remember this a fan?

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

I literally, immediately, and directly answered your first question in my very first sentence. And my second point about the increase of budget DIRECTLY addressed your claim of "draining the swamp". Don't want a rebuttal? Don't make the claim.

Schumer isn't making the same claim that you and OS is. Read it again, and show me where Schumer claims that US Intel is, as OS claims, politically biased.
First of all, I didn't make a "claim" I asked a question.

"draining the swamp" was not my claim. That is what Trump stated and why everyone in D.C. was put on notice when he was elected. A ridiculous statement, yes, but that sort of thing pi$$ed everyone in govt off from the get go.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:40 pm Serious question: Do you see ANYONE on the political scene as actually equivalent to Trump in "lack of character"?
Biden & Hillary. They're just less overt

Do you not wonder what the vociferous enthusiasm for the worst of his character to not be off-putting?
Yes, It concerns me that there is that much discontent with the establishment power elite.

Yes. I don't take them all that seriously.

So am I, with Biden, Hillary & Trump. At least I agree with many of Trump's policies.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:52 pm

"draining the swamp" was not my claim. That is what Trump stated and why everyone in D.C. was put on notice when he was elected. A ridiculous statement, yes, but that sort of thing pi$$ed everyone off from the get go.
:lol: So you make yet another unclear post...and you want to give me grief for not decoding it perfectly?

Dude. Relax. Either be more specific-----or relax when someone can't tell which assertion is made by tech, and which one was made by Trump.

This is why you get frustrated with me so fast.....you're not writing what you're thinking....and you're taking it out on me, instead of you. ;)

Take it easy...we're just having a conversation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:51 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 pm .Schumer isn't making the same claim that you and OS is. Read it again, and show me where Schumer claims that US Intel is, as OS claims, politically biased.
Again -- I'm not saying the entire IC is politically biased, but Clapper, Brennan, Comey, McCabe, Strzok & the leakers certainly were.
obtw -- I'm a big fan of the current CIA Director, William Burns. Have you noticed how low profile the CIA has been under him ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 pm

This. makes. no. sense.

Remember this a fan?

"draining the swamp" was not my claim. That is what Trump stated and why everyone in D.C. was put on notice when he was elected. A ridiculous statement, yes, but that sort of thing pi$$ed everyone in govt off from the get go.
come on, tech, is not possible that honest people, whether R or D, saw Trump for the disgustingly corrupt, cheater, liar, POS that he actually is?

Is that not hugely more possible than that they are Deep Staters who were wrong to be so alarmed by the stupid rhetoric of "drain the swamp"?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:01 pm

"draining the swamp" was not my claim. That is what Trump stated and why everyone in D.C. was put on notice when he was elected. A ridiculous statement, yes, but that sort of thing pi$$ed everyone off from the get go.
:lol: So you make yet another unclear post...and you want to give me grief for not decoding it perfectly?

Dude. Relax. Either be more specific-----or relax when someone can't tell which assertion is made by tech, and which one was made by Trump.

This is why you get frustrated with me so fast.....you're not writing what you're thinking....and you're taking it out on me, instead of you. ;)

:lol: Relax? "Dude" I'm fine, what are you talking about?

You're saying I made "claims" I didn't make that is all. Let's just forget it. I shouldn't have interrupted you and OS in first place and why I apologized up front.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:40 pm Serious question: Do you see ANYONE on the political scene as actually equivalent to Trump in "lack of character"?

Yes, It concerns me that there is that much discontent with the establishment power elite.

So am I, with Biden, Hillary & Trump. At least I agree with many of Trump's policies.
I see, so their character issues are just not so "overt", not so obvious...Trump's are "overt", obvious, unavoidably so...but really Biden is just as bad...he just hides it better :roll:

so, much better guys like me can't see it... :roll:

BTW, I saw character as a major issue with Hillary and she didn't get my vote as a result...BUT...it's not a remotely close call as to the magnitude, completeness, of Trump's character flaws, not just "overt"ness, relative to Hillary's...or to Bill's for that matter.

But ok, I see your worldview. TAATS...
IMO, you are more captured by MAGA, including some of its worst impulses and predilections, than you want to admit.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:08 pm

You're saying I made "claims" I didn't make that is all. Let's just forget it. I shouldn't have interrupted you and OS in first place and why I apologized up front.
Talking past each other, as always. Apologies. I think It's just how you and I are wired. It's the weirdest thing. Ten Steak dinners says we agree on 90% of the stuff that's discussed here, but we just can't get past our signals getting crossed. ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:51 pm
That's cool. That's your opinion. I will never get it. And we can just agree we don't see eye to eye on this stuff.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:14 pm
tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:08 pm

Talking past each other, as always. Apologies. I think It's just how you and I are wired. It's the weirdest thing. Ten Steak dinners says we agree on 90% of the stuff that's discussed here, but we just can't get past our signals getting crossed. ;)
No problemo.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:11 pm

I see, so their character issues are just not so "overt", not so obvious...Trump's are "overt", obvious, unavoidably so...but really Biden is just as bad...he just hides it better :roll:

BTW, I saw character as a major issue with Hillary and she didn't get my vote as a result...BUT...it's not a remotely close call as to the magnitude, completeness, of Trump's character flaws, not just "overt"ness, relative to Hillary's...or to Bill's for that matter.

IMO, you are more captured by MAGA, including some of its worst impulses and predilections, than you want to admit.
BS. I trusted politicians like Jack Danforth, the Bushes, Romney, Jeh Johnson, Pence, even Obama (despite our policy differences).
Biden is a crooked phony fraud. I just don't see a White Christian Nationalist behind every tree.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MD - you are doing what dmac was talking about.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:11 pm

BS. I trusted politicians like Jack Danforth, the Bushes, Romney, Jeh Johnson, even Obama (despite our policy differences).
Biden is a crooked phony fraud
And your evidence?
I too trusted those politicians, not absolutely, but as to fundamental character, intentions to do best for country, etc, yup.
And a whole lot more such than those, whether R or D.

Biden has never seemed to me to be of the character of say HW or Romney or McCain, and perhaps not Obama (never saw any character flaws there, either), but at least a guy who has tried to do what he thought was best for the country, representing his state, evolving his own views along with the country (not way out ahead). Not always right, but not a flamer. Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer, more of a steady eddie. And with an empathetic heart, a sense of what tragedy means to a family, what working class people do to make ends meet.

This is not a guy who got rich during his years as a Senator or VP, same for his wife. Joe and Jill recently made very good dough on book sales post VP, but small potatoes relative to some others and definitely not the grossly high speaking fees Hillary and Bill commanded in her run-up to POTUS run. Joe and Jill have been total open box on their finances, tax returns etc throughout.

I don't see his loyalty to a troubled son as a character flaw.

So, I just don't see the gross character flaws.
Not simply less "overt", they're just not remotely akin to Trump.

EDIT: I see you added I guess a what you thought was a slap, "I just don't see White Christian Nationalists behind every tree"...nor do I.
I just don't close my eyes when they step out from behind the tree. Thankfully, most trees don't have one hiding behind them...but yeah, some do.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:52 pm MD - you are doing what dmac was talking about.
which part?...always willing to review myself and admit I've been wrong, got out over my skis too far, or whatever.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:58 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:52 pm MD - you are doing what dmac was talking about.
which part?...always willing to review myself and admit I've been wrong, got out over my skis too far, or whatever.
Admit your wrong?? That would be a monumental moment indeed. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”