2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:19 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:08 pm IF...
If a frog had wings...

come on, there are rigorous procedures to ensure that the signatures match, ballots are valid, and not 'harvested'...accepted procedures by both D's and R's, and there are tough penalties for anyone actually committing fraud.

want to improve on any of these procedures? Have at it...but don't restrict voting access because you're scared more votes may mean the other team will win...

The GOP needs to get off this horse, it's anti-American and an ultimate loser.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ballot-har ... ned-rules/

ballot harvesting — involves a law that allows third parties to collect and deliver ballots in some states.

...several states allow operatives..., as well as campaign volunteers and other third party advocates to collect completed, authenticated ballots.

In states where the practice is legal, volunteers or campaign workers can go directly to the homes of voters, collect the completed ballots, and drop them off en masse at polling places or election offices. In some states, ballot harvesters can be paid hourly for their work collecting ballots.

Critics fear that in states without restrictions on who can return a ballot on someone else's behalf, a third party could take advantage of the system by tampering with or discarding the ballots.
The GOP needs to game the new system as effectively as the (D)'s did.

Ballots (with postmarks) submitted via USPS theoretically provide security & a chain of custody,
but there are still cases of lost or misplaced ballots & postal workers prosecuted for fraud.
Are there sufficient Postal Inspectors to ensure the same level of security as in-person voting ?

How do you verify chain of custody & no ballot harvesting when drop boxes are used ?
Nonsense
Any such is detected because voters can check to see whether their vote has been registered or not...if there's a pattern of 'not' then the question becomes how...gets caught...that's what happened to the GOP fraud in Carolina...
:roll: ...how many voters are going to know that, or take the trouble to do it ?
The purpose of voting by mail is to make it easier.
It should not require voters to investigate if their vote was counted.
Absolutely, however any distrust as to whether the mail got there (or if you handed your ballot to someone else to mail-potential 'harvesting') can be easily allayed by just checking online...if that doesn't happen, you let the election process know, and if in any pattern, that's how this type of possible fraud gets caught. Very difficult and unlikely to get away with anything of magnitude. Happened in Carolina a cycle ago and was caught. I'm all for throwing the book at any such fraudsters.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:56 am Why not? It's easy.

I've always voted in person, until this year. This year, I dropped my ballot in a drop-box. Checked my county's election web site a few days later to see if it had been picked up. (Instructions on how to check had been included with the ballot.) It had. Took less than a minute to check.

Total time and effort spent on voting (including the check) was much less than in person, even though lines in my district are usually quite short.
Same with us.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:26 am

I've always voted in person, until this year. This year, I dropped my ballot in a drop-box. Checked my county's election web site a few days later to see if it had been picked up. (Instructions on how to check had been included with the ballot.) It had. Took less than a minute to check.

Total time and effort spent on voting (including the check) was much less than in person, even though lines in my district are usually quite short.
Same with us.
But making it harder to register at every turn is ok?.....if he weren’t so obvious it wouldn’t be so funny.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

how many voters are going to know that, or take the trouble to do it ?
Remote voting is super easy. And it has been figured out. That's where you are just COMPLETELY wrong Salty.

Every state has been doing this for a long time. States that the MAGAs have falsely and bogusly questioned at the statewide level have been doing this for a long time in large numbers -- like GA and AZ.

Evidence says the roll out of increased remote voting in 2020 went very smoothly. Certainly by 2022 it will be like falling off a log. It isn't brain surgery, it is implementing standard, trailing edge technology that is well established. There's just not anything to study or clutch pearls about Salty.

Here in CO, I get a text/email when my ballot is mailed; another when it has been received by the county; another when it has been accepted/counted. If my signature doesn't match, I get a notice to come in and fix it. That level of tracking and transparency makes it really easy to catch and convict anyone doing a systematic rig attempt.

You should spend your time on something else that really does need to get figured out. Were the moon landings faked or not?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:43 am
Remote voting is super easy. And it has been figured out. That's where you are just COMPLETELY wrong Salty.

Every state has been doing this for a long time. States that the MAGAs have falsely and bogusly questioned at the statewide level have been doing this for a long time in large numbers -- like GA and AZ.

Evidence says the roll out of increased remote voting in 2020 went very smoothly. Certainly by 2022 it will be like falling off a log. It isn't brain surgery, it is implementing standard, trailing edge technology that is well established. There's just not anything to study or clutch pearls about Salty.

Here in CO, I get a text/email when my ballot is mailed; another when it has been received by the county; another when it has been accepted/counted. If my signature doesn't match, I get a notice to come in and fix it. That level of tracking and transparency makes it really easy to catch and convict anyone doing a systematic rig attempt.

You should spend your time on something else that really does need to get figured out. Were the moon landings faked or not?
A person should be qualified to vote in America
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:25 am
If a frog had wings...

come on, there are rigorous procedures to ensure that the signatures match, ballots are valid, and not 'harvested'...accepted procedures by both D's and R's, and there are tough penalties for anyone actually committing fraud.

want to improve on any of these procedures? Have at it...but don't restrict voting access because you're scared more votes may mean the other team will win...

ballot harvesting — involves a law that allows third parties to collect and deliver ballots in some states.

...several states allow operatives..., as well as campaign volunteers and other third party advocates to collect completed, authenticated ballots.

In states where the practice is legal, volunteers or campaign workers can go directly to the homes of voters, collect the completed ballots, and drop them off en masse at polling places or election offices. In some states, ballot harvesters can be paid hourly for their work collecting ballots.

Critics fear that in states without restrictions on who can return a ballot on someone else's behalf, a third party could take advantage of the system by tampering with or discarding the ballots.

Ballots (with postmarks) submitted via USPS theoretically provide security & a chain of custody,
but there are still cases of lost or misplaced ballots & postal workers prosecuted for fraud.
Are there sufficient Postal Inspectors to ensure the same level of security as in-person voting ?

How do you verify chain of custody & no ballot harvesting when drop boxes are used ?
Nonsense
Any such is detected because voters can check to see whether their vote has been registered or not...if there's a pattern of 'not' then the question becomes how...gets caught...that's what happened to the GOP fraud in Carolina...
:roll: ...how many voters are going to know that, or take the trouble to do it ?
Absolutely, however any distrust as to whether the mail got there (or if you handed your ballot to someone else to mail-potential 'harvesting') can be easily allayed by just checking online...if that doesn't happen, you let the election process know, and if in any pattern, that's how this type of possible fraud gets caught. Very difficult and unlikely to get away with anything of magnitude. Happened in Carolina a cycle ago and was caught. I'm all for throwing the book at any such fraudsters.
So it's too hard to go online, verify you address (= proof of life), & request an absentee ballot,
but the primary fraud detector is individual voters going on line to verify their ballot is received.
That makes no sense.
The reason ballot harvesting is illegal in some states is to reduce the opportunity for fraud.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Uh huh. Were CO's procedures replicated in all 50 states this election ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Yes. Qualification = living US citizen, residing in that district. Verified. One vote each.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:00 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:26 am

Same with us.
But making it harder to register at every turn is ok?.....if he weren’t so obvious it wouldn’t be so funny.
Ever heard of motor voter. It's ez. Stop lying by misrepresenting me with false premises.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I will be impressed as hell when we can vote on our computers at home. It is hard to disenfranchise anybody if you don't have to leave your own home. You don't have to worry about photo id or anything. One person and just one vote.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:38 pm
If a frog had wings...

Nonsense
So it's too hard to go online, verify you address (= proof of life), & request an absentee ballot,
but the primary fraud detector is individual voters going on line to verify their ballot is received.
That makes no sense.
The reason ballot harvesting is illegal in some states is to reduce the opportunity for fraud.
Nope, the reason why is to make it harder for the votes to be done with any help. It's not to reduce fraud, that's entirely smokescreen...bought by some gullible folks, though, no doubt.

And yes, it makes a ton of sense...and it works. Any substantive fraud gets caught. And punished. As it should be.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:40 pm

Uh huh. Were CO's procedures replicated in all 50 states this election ?
I dunno, do you? They were in MD.
Any reason why they shouldn't be for 2022?

Oh yeah, we can't do safe elections that make it easy to vote, can we...god forbid more people vote...
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:41 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Yes. Qualification = living US citizen, residing in that district. Verified. One vote each.
Un huh. Sands through an hour glass.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:52 pm
If a frog had wings...

Nonsense
That makes no sense.
Nope, the reason why is to make it harder for the votes to be done with any help. It's not to reduce fraud, that's entirely smokescreen...bought by some gullible folks, though, no doubt.

And yes, it makes a ton of sense...and it works. Any substantive fraud gets caught. And punished. As it should be.
So you're ok with ballot harvesting ?
Typical Lax Dad

The commander in chief of The United States of America....in control of the deadliest arsenal of weapons ever in entire history of the planet:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 13315?s=21
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:52 pm
If a frog had wings...

Nonsense
That makes no sense.

So you're ok with ballot harvesting ?
My grandfather swore this was reality too!:

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:41 pm Yes. Qualification = living US citizen, residing in that district. Verified. One vote each.
Do you know how expensive it would be to verify that someone getting a registration isn't dead? And how long it would take to establish that?

And how easy it would be to hack that system?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:09 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:41 pm Yes. Qualification = living US citizen, residing in that district. Verified. One vote each.
Do you know how expensive it would be to verify that someone getting a registration isn't dead? And how long it would take to establish that?

And how easy it would be to hack that system?
You miss the point =>If you request an absent ballot, that is proof of life, it verifies you are still alive.
As opposed to sending an unsolicited ballot to every voter/address on the voter roll.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:13 pm You miss the point =>If you request an absent ballot, that is proof of life, it verifies you are still alive.
Then we're splitting hairs. You don't want proof that a voter is alive when casting a vote. You want proof that that someone who registers to vote is alive.

Return to “POLITICS”