2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 am Sen. Angus King on CNN: "Those who claim that there are irregularities or fraud or whatever it is have never shown any evidence of it ... Why do they believe that? Because they're being told it daily — particularly by the president."
That Senate Committee on Homeland Security "hearing" yesterday was one of the most disgraceful episodes I have seen from the Hill. Johnson, Paul and Hawley are what the GOP now offers for leadership. It'd be funny if it wasn't a slo-mo tragedy.

Clips of Paul and Hawley, for examples:

https://twitter.com/wexler/status/1339271488571109376

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1339263949775245330

Remember when the GOP believed in democracy?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Like the guy who tells everyone in the cafeteria some fabricated rumor and then later makes an announcement, Lots of people at school believe... It's ridiculous.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:55 pm
Like the guy who tells everyone in the cafeteria some fabricated rumor and then later makes an announcement, Lots of people at school believe... It's ridiculous.
My constituents have been disgracefully misinformed and lied to by the President and his campaign and flunkies;

And are now convinced that there has been fraud, and a steal;

So in order to secure their support and votes (and, FFS, not get primaried!!) I will bravely echo their baseless evidence-free suspicions;

So I am calling for an investigation to keep them happy, and keep their votes and support, even though it's all nonsense and really damaging to the Country and maybe even my party. OK.

Today's GOP.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:12 pm
My constituents have been disgracefully misinformed and lied to by the President and his campaign and flunkies;

So in order to secure their support and votes (and, FFS, not get primaried!!) I will bravely echo their baseless evidence-free suspicions;

So I am calling for an investigation to keep them happy, and keep their votes and support, even though it's all nonsense and really damaging to the Country and maybe even my party. OK.

Today's GOP.
It is just the latest grievance for a party that relies on just that - ginning up grievances to rile up their base. The base gets angry, and does not notice the money being diverted to the wealthy while starving them of needed resources.

And the Fox/OAN/NewsMax machine just keeps the anger coming...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:12 pm

Today's GOP.
It's Trumpism and they have allowed Trump to steal the name. Nothing at all conservative about Trumpism other than "judges" who care about abortion.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:44 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 am Sen. Angus King on CNN: "Those who claim that there are irregularities or fraud or whatever it is have never shown any evidence of it ... Why do they believe that? Because they're being told it daily — particularly by the president."
That Senate Committee on Homeland Security "hearing" yesterday was one of the most disgraceful episodes I have seen from the Hill. Johnson, Paul and Hawley are what the GOP now offers for leadership. It'd be funny if it wasn't a slo-mo tragedy.

You must have felt like you were in a time warp coaster. It must feel invigorating for you to get back to eviscerating a more familiar enemy? ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:59 pm

You must have felt like you were in a time warp coaster. It must feel invigorating for you to get back to eviscerating a more familiar enemy? ;)
This entire faux debate is about how future elections will be conducted in the US.

Thanks to the pandemic, the (D)'s stole a march on the (R)'s & were able to make this a national election conducted primarily via unsolicited mail in ballots, administered under pandemic rationalized rules which were established shortly before the election, in some cases, without the required participation of state legislatures. It was right out of Stacey Abram's playbook & mirrors the DNC strategy contained in Pelosi's HR1. The GOP failed to effectively counter this strategy before & during the election, resulting in insufficient evidence to pursue post-election legal challenges. Epic fail for the GOP.

If the GOP is to survive as a national party, we will need to find an effective counter strategy if voting via unsolicited mail in ballots becomes the norm rather than the exception. This election, the (D)'s more effectively captured their low propensity voters than the (R)'s did. Do the (R)'s have sufficient untapped low propensity voters to catch up on the increase in turnout made possible via unsolicited mail in ballots. Was the shortfall due to an insufficient pool of untapped low propensity (R) voters, or because of Trump's effort to cast doubt & discourage mail in voting. I suspect the RNC is polling & analyzing to find out.

At the state level, expect the (R)'s to resist unsolicited mail in ballots & to push for more rigorous maintenance of accurate voter registration rolls & increased election monitoring. This will play out at both state & national levels before the 2022 election. (imho)
Last edited by old salt on Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pm

This entire faux debate is about how future elections will be conducted in the US.

Thanks to the pandemic, the (D)'s stole a march on the (R)'s & were able to make this a national election conducted primarily via unsolicited mail in ballots, administered under pandemic rationalized rules which were established shortly before the election, in some cases, without the required participation of state legislatures. It was right out of Stacey Abram's playbook & mirrors the DNC strategy contained in Pelosi's HR1. The GOP failed to effectively counter this strategy before & during the election, resulting in insufficient evidence to pursue post-election legal challenges.

If the GOP is to survive as a national party, we will need to find an effective counter strategy if voting via unsolicited mail in ballots becomes the norm rather than the exception. This election, the (D)'s more effectively captured their low propensity voters than the (R)'s did. Do the (R)'s have sufficient untapped low propensity voters to catch up on the increase in turnout made possible via unsolicited mail in ballots. Was the shortfall due to an insufficient pool of untapped low propensity (R) voters, or because of Trump's effort to cast doubt & discourage mail in voting. I suspect the RNC is polling & analyzing to find out.

At the state level, expect the (R)'s to resist unsolicited mail in ballots & to push for more rigorous maintenance of accurate voter registration rolls & increased election monitoring. This will play out at both state & national levels before the 2022 election. (imho)
🎻 🥲
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pm This entire faux debate is about how future elections will be conducted in the US.

Thanks to the pandemic, the (D)'s stole a march
Oh, sweet turn of phrase there! "Stole a march" is indeed an old idiom that means "gained an unexpected advantage", but working in the word "stole" here was touch of genius.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pmon the (R)'s & were able to make this a national election conducted primarily via unsolicited mail in ballots, administered under pandemic rationalized rules which were established shortly before the election, in some cases, without the required participation of state legislatures.
And now an outright lie. This issue was adjudicated before multiple state and federal courts, up to and including SCOTUS, and was found to be false.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pmIt was right out of Stacey Abram's playbook & mirrors the DNC strategy contained in Pelosi's HR1. The GOP failed to effectively counter this strategy before & during the election, resulting in insufficient evidence to pursue post-election legal challenges. Epic fail for the GOP.
You mean not enough people voted for them. The "unsolicited" ballots went to all, not just Ds.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pmIf the GOP is to survive as a national party, we will need to find an effective counter strategy if voting via unsolicited mail in ballots becomes the norm rather than the exception. This election, the (D)'s more effectively captured their low propensity voters than the (R)'s did. Do the (R)'s have sufficient untapped low propensity voters to catch up on the increase in turnout made possible via unsolicited mail in ballots. Was the shortfall due to an insufficient pool of untapped low propensity (R) voters, or because of Trump's effort to cast doubt & discourage mail in voting. I suspect the RNC is polling & analyzing to find out.
The shortfall was due to a majority figuring out that having a not-very-useful idiot (in thrall to a vicious dictator waging ruthless cyberwar against us) and criminal grifter as POTUS was a bad idea after all. Who coulda guessed?
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pmAt the state level, expect the (R)'s to resist unsolicited mail in ballots & to push for more rigorous maintenance of accurate voter registration rolls & increased election monitoring. This will play out at both state & national levels before the 2022 election. (imho)
Oh yes, the trumpistas will try to further suppress the vote.

Because as McCain and Romney campaign strategist Steve Schmidt has pointed out, there is now only one party in America that believes in democracy.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU77 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:58 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pm This entire faux debate is about how future elections will be conducted in the US.

Oh, sweet turn of phrase there! "Stole a march" is indeed an old idiom that means "gained an unexpected advantage", but working in the word "stole" here was touch of genius.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pmon the (R)'s & were able to make this a national election conducted primarily via unsolicited mail in ballots, administered under pandemic rationalized rules which were established shortly before the election, in some cases, without the required participation of state legislatures.
And now an outright lie. This issue was adjudicated before multiple state and federal courts, up to and including SCOTUS, and was found to be false.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pmIt was right out of Stacey Abram's playbook & mirrors the DNC strategy contained in Pelosi's HR1. The GOP failed to effectively counter this strategy before & during the election, resulting in insufficient evidence to pursue post-election legal challenges. Epic fail for the GOP.
You mean not enough people voted for them. The "unsolicited" ballots went to all, not just Ds.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pmIf the GOP is to survive as a national party, we will need to find an effective counter strategy if voting via unsolicited mail in ballots becomes the norm rather than the exception. This election, the (D)'s more effectively captured their low propensity voters than the (R)'s did. Do the (R)'s have sufficient untapped low propensity voters to catch up on the increase in turnout made possible via unsolicited mail in ballots. Was the shortfall due to an insufficient pool of untapped low propensity (R) voters, or because of Trump's effort to cast doubt & discourage mail in voting. I suspect the RNC is polling & analyzing to find out.
The shortfall was due to a majority figuring out that having a not-very-useful idiot (in thrall to a vicious dictator waging ruthless cyberwar against us) and criminal grifter as POTUS was a bad idea after all. Who coulda guessed?
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pmAt the state level, expect the (R)'s to resist unsolicited mail in ballots & to push for more rigorous maintenance of accurate voter registration rolls & increased election monitoring. This will play out at both state & national levels before the 2022 election. (imho)

Because as McCain and Romney campaign strategist Steve Schmidt has pointed out, there is now only one party in America that believes in democracy.
+1. Another good post/reply. The Republican strategy is the same: reduce the Census count; gerrymander the districts whenever and wherever possible to lock in the voters to whom their candidate will prostrate him- or herself; making voting harder for people of color and "low propensity voters." If everyone votes, the GOP is f*cked.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pm At the state level, expect the (R)'s to resist unsolicited mail in ballots & to push for more rigorous maintenance of accurate voter registration rolls & increased election monitoring. This will play out at both state & national levels before the 2022 election. (imho)
I'll wager a year of my wages to yours that so long as the Republicans lose the White House----or worse, lose the Senate and the House?

Republicans----meaning in Congress, Media, Voters, and you Old Salt.....will forever claim voter fraud.

No matter what. No matter what changes are made. No matter how secure the elections are made. No matter---laughably---if the R's themselves control the elections as you do in Georgia.

This isn't about fraud. It's about losing.

And if you win, as you did in 2016? Oh, well surprise of all surprises? You didn't hear a word from your team about fraud.

It's so stupid. NO ONE is dumb enough to believe this. Explain this to any of your friends from foreign countries. Watch them change the subject because what you are saying is so transparently childish and dumb.

Care to take my wager? Or anyone else here?

This is the new Republican game, and it is going to get WORSE if the R's lose the next election. No matter what is done to (snicker) "fix" the elections.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Suppressing the vote to win at all costs. Neat. Count me out.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:45 pm
CU77 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:58 pm

+1. Another good post/reply. The Republican strategy is the same: reduce the Census count; gerrymander the districts whenever and wherever possible to lock in the voters to whom their candidate will prostrate him- or herself; making voting harder for people of color and "low propensity voters." If everyone votes, the GOP is f*cked.
making voting harder for people of color and "low propensity voters." If everyone votes, the GOP is f*cked.

Very interesting sentiments there coaster. For them to be true you have to accept the premise that people of color are too stupid to exercise their right to vote. What you are insinuating is that a majority of black Americans are too stupid to know how and when to vote. How ignorant and racist of you to propagate such a disgusting ideal. You don't think in the year 2020 that black Americans don't need a FLP peckerhead to reinforce the importance of the black vote. Then you go and insult them by declaring them to be too stupid to understand that they should be concerned about a bunch of liberals who think them to be too stupid to understand how to vote. GOOD JOB there Coaster, your lack of respect for black Americans is pretty pathetic there my friend. :roll:
Bob Ross:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Thanks to the pandemic, the (D)'s stole a march on the (R)'s & were able to make this a national election conducted primarily via unsolicited mail in ballots, administered under pandemic rationalized rules which were established shortly before the election, in some cases, without the required participation of state legislatures. It was right out of Stacey Abram's playbook & mirrors the DNC strategy contained in Pelosi's HR1. The GOP failed to effectively counter this strategy before & during the election, resulting in insufficient evidence to pursue post-election legal challenges. Epic fail for the GOP.

The Democratic Party’s strategy was to promote voting and democracy.

The strategy of Trump and his Republican Party was voter suppression and the promotion of hate, fear, and authoritarianism.

What is wrong with making it easier and more convenient to vote? Millions of voters in California and other states have voted by mail for decades without any problems. I’m one of them.

It is completely idiotic to make a fuss about voting by mail. Indeed, that’s how voting should primarily be done throughout the country.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:09 pm (omitted)

Very interesting sentiments there coaster. For them to be true you have to accept the premise that people of color are too stupid to exercise their right to vote. What you are insinuating is that a majority of black Americans are too stupid to know how and when to vote. How ignorant and racist of you to propagate such a disgusting ideal. You don't think in the year 2020 that black Americans don't need a FLP peckerhead to reinforce the importance of the black vote. Then you go and insult them by declaring them to be too stupid to understand that they should be concerned about a bunch of liberals who think them to be too stupid to understand how to vote. GOOD JOB there Coaster, your lack of respect for black Americans is pretty pathetic there my friend. :roll:
Voter suppression is definitely the way this is happening - make it harder for poorer people (which includes more people of color) to register, stay registered, and vote. It is NOT an issue of respect or lack of for Black Americans.

It is exercise of pure political power - make the vote totals for your opponents go down by making it harder for THEM to vote so your minority of voters (for whom you do not suppress in the same way) can keep electing you.

That is what voter ID is all about. Or voter roll purges. Or limiting absentee/early voting. Or restricting drop boxes. Or effing up the post office.

Keep power by any means possible...
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Is this accurate? Is says "Johnson" below the second guy. Is this really "Hawley?

Is this the same guy: working with Bernie Sanders? Is this why you are bashing him? He wants to help the poor? got it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLa1p4oxoWY
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Problem with twatting with twitter.......you send stuff that is just obviously incorrect information.

Is it because Sen. Hawley want's to help the working poor? Is this the DNC narrative, continuing in earnest. That Dead Kennedy's song. something about the poor......
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:09 pm (omitted)

Voter suppression is definitely the way this is happening - make it harder for poorer people (which includes more people of color) to register, stay registered, and vote. It is NOT an issue of respect or lack of for Black Americans.

It is exercise of pure political power - make the vote totals for your opponents go down by making it harder for THEM to vote so your minority of voters (for whom you do not suppress in the same way) can keep electing you.

That is what voter ID is all about. Or voter roll purges. Or limiting absentee/early voting. Or restricting drop boxes. Or effing up the post office.

Keep power by any means possible...
By claiming it makes it harder for any American to vote assumes on your part that these "disenfranchised" voters don't have the intestinal fortitude to actually vote. IMO you are seriously under estimating the average American if you think they can be intimidated into not voting. Of course your logic just coincidentally dovetails into mainstream FLP thinking... that some people in America can be intimidated by one party into not voting. I don't believe that line of thinking for one minute.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:55 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pm At the state level, expect the (R)'s to resist unsolicited mail in ballots & to push for more rigorous maintenance of accurate voter registration rolls & increased election monitoring. This will play out at both state & national levels before the 2022 election. (imho)
I'll wager a year of my wages to yours that so long as the Republicans lose the White House----or worse, lose the Senate and the House?

Republicans----meaning in Congress, Media, Voters, and you Old Salt.....will forever claim voter fraud.

No matter what. No matter what changes are made. No matter how secure the elections are made. No matter---laughably---if the R's themselves control the elections as you do in Georgia.

And if you win, as you did in 2016? Oh, well surprise of all surprises? You didn't hear a word from your team about fraud.

It's so stupid. NO ONE is dumb enough to believe this. Explain this to any of your friends from foreign countries. Watch them change the subject because what you are saying is so transparently childish and dumb.

This is the new Republican game, and it is going to get WORSE if the R's lose the next election. No matter what is done to (snicker) "fix" the elections.
Nowhere in my post did I use the word fraud, or even imply such. That's your standard diversionary projecting reply tactic.

My post was about turning out the vote.
I labored to make my post as analytical as possible, using neutral language.
The immediate, emotional overwrought responses are telling.

I'm all for making voting as accessable as possible, provided an equivalent level of security to voting in person can be maintained.
It was once acknowledged by both parties that mail in voting is not as secure as voting in person.
The Carter-Baker Commission report was the bipartisan standard.

It is not unreasonable to expect a voter to take an affirmative action to vote.
Requesting an absentee ballot via phone, on line or in person, confirming current residence, is not an undue burden,
when a voter is unable or not inclined to vote in person.
Mailing out thousands of unsolicited ballots to unconfirmed voters or addresses is an invitation for fraud.

For CU-77 : if you examine the common context of "stole a march" you will note that it implies resourceful, tactical surprise, not theft, & is a positive analogy, ...except to PTDS victims.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:55 pm

The Ironic part to all of this, IS, that we, in fact, did hear tRump whine about voter fraud after he won in 2016. Not really sure what fight you are looking for.

Return to “POLITICS”