CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:31 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:02 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm So Matthew & Paul were anti-semites ? Learn something new everyday.
Salt, I don't know if Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, or Jesus for that matter were Anti-Semites but I do know for sure that there's anti-Semitic rhetoric in the New Testament. And, when you repeat it, guess what!...
To be more clear, some of the translations we read today have some language and messages that have been twisted by the haters to fit anti-semitic hate. They need not be understood as such, but they are convenient to the haters. It is quite doubtful that would ever have been Jesus' or God's intent....

The refusal of some to understand how these words and these tropes have been actively used to whip up hate has led to enormously bloody outcomes, some of the worst such in the history of mankind, is truly despicable. It's one thing to be fully ignorant, it's quite another to choose to knowingly repeat and use such bigotry actively.

And that's what should be our objection to Salty, not a poster's participation in a discussion...as a number of others have made clear, he's participating in bad faith...and in this case in a bigoted way.
Right. I mean there’s no words or phrase that make me wilt. I churn it in my stomach if ever a witness to it as I’ve been plenty of times over the years like everyone else. I probably could’ve been a better person and addressed it at least some of the times in some way but just let it go.

But I would never use toss “money changers” around regarding people other than in the most specific literal ways (I’m exchanging money at the money changers dude) because I’ve know since my bad public high school education that this was one of many terms used often over term in a pejorative manner as referencing to Jewish people. It just doesn’t pass the smell test in general here and specifically as used as a form of attack. Doesn’t need to mean that he thinks I’m Jewish but that I’m as dirty as a Jew. I mean I’ve gotten my shots in so calling me dirty or cynical or selfish or whatever is fine. But just throwing that shot specifically is pretty hard to not see the specific language as a signal of something behind the curtain that’s not inconsistent with other eggs laid over time.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:40 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm So Matthew & Paul were anti-semites ? Learn something new everyday.
Salt, I don't know if Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, or Jesus for that matter were Anti-Semites but I do know for sure that there's anti-Semitic rhetoric in the New Testament. And, when you repeat it, guess what!...
To be more clear, some of the translations we read today have some language and messages that have been twisted by the haters to fit anti-semitic hate. They need not be understood as such, but they are convenient to the haters. It is quite doubtful that would ever have been Jesus' or God's intent....

The refusal of some to understand how these words and these tropes have been actively used to whip up hate has led to enormously bloody outcomes, some of the worst such in the history of mankind, is truly despicable. It's one thing to be fully ignorant, it's quite another to choose to knowingly repeat and use such bigotry actively.

And that's what should be our objection to Salty, not a poster's participation in a discussion...as a number of others have made clear, he's participating in bad faith...and in this case in a bigoted way.
Right. I mean there’s no words or phrase that make me wilt. I churn it in my stomach if ever a witness to it as I’ve been plenty of times over the years like everyone else. I probably could’ve been a better person and addressed it at least some of the times in some way but just let it go.

But I would never use toss “money changers” around regarding people other than in the most specific literal ways (I’m exchanging money at the money changers dude) because I’ve know since my bad public high school education that this was one of many terms used often over term in a pejorative manner as referencing to Jewish people. It just doesn’t pass the smell test in general here and specifically as used as a form of attack. Doesn’t need to mean that he thinks I’m Jewish but that I’m as dirty as a Jew. I mean I’ve gotten my shots in so calling me dirty or cynical or selfish or whatever is fine. But just throwing that shot specifically is pretty hard to not see the specific language as a signal of something behind the curtain that’s not inconsistent with other eggs laid over time.
Are you Jewish or not ? Should I have assumed you were, because you work in finance ? ... & therefore retrained from alluding to your profession, notwithstanding the shots you take at me regarding my line of work ?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:45 pm

Are you Jewish or not ? Should I have assumed you were, because you work in finance ? ... & therefore retrained from alluding to your profession, notwithstanding the shots you take at me regarding my line of work ?
Jesus H, stop doubling down.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:53 pm

Jesus H, stop doubling down.
Events from yesterday has him triggered. It’s a patterned that I noticed with Charlottesville. Troop movements, a new ship or jet being announced will snap him out of it.....something familiar and safe.

EDIT: I forgot Ferguson. On edge.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:58 pm Events from yesterday has him triggered. It’s a patterned that I noticed with Charlottesville. Troop movements, a new ship or jet being announced will snap him out of it.....something familiar and safe.

...or the shooting of the GOP Congressional baseball team.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:58 pm Events from yesterday has him triggered. It’s a patterned that I noticed with Charlottesville. Troop movements, a new ship or jet being announced will snap him out of it.....something familiar and safe.

...or the shooting of the GOP Congressional baseball team.
That too.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:54 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:41 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:58 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:10 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 am Money changer is a anti Semitic usage in this case even if I wasn’t. Let’s not let someone off the hook for using specific loaded terms when there’s a billion other ways to do the same thing that could’ve avoided that.
I honestly didn't know that the term was loaded with that meaning. I thought it was simply way of looking down at the finance industry. So all I thought was happening was that you gave OS grief for his vocation----and he responded by giving you grief for yours.

I know better now, thanks.
You & other reasonable people didn't know either because it's a contrived, bogus, snowflake, cry baby fabrication.
Next they'll be the pronoun police.
It's only a fabrication to deniers. Wait until MD steps in as being more of an expert on religious matters societally, if he wants to bother since it's ridiculous.

Shakespeare...belligerent war mongering miliatry is the best way caricature. You are not reasonable by any common man standard here.
It's almost too disgusting an anti-semitic trope, centuries of the grossest furtherance of such, to engage further...Salty's all-in with this and he's just digging a deeper hole with each reprehensible post.
So Matthew & Paul were anti-semites ? Learn something new everyday.
Am I supposed to give you a history lesson (AGAIN dammit) on the rise of this disgusting slur and its application over time?

Do some bloody homework...and yes, I mean both kinds of bloody.
Should this forum really be tolerating anti-Semitic slurs from members like old salt? Doesn’t that warrant at least a warning from the Administrator?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

If I'm not mistaken, there's been, let's say, an 'informal' public warning. Dunno about private, direct warning. Yet doubling and tripling down.

He keeps doing so claiming ignorance of meaning out of one side of his mouth while bombastically declaring himself immune to PC intimidation, cancelling, out of the other side of his mouth. The ignorance aspect seems like obvious BS but perhaps keeps him tiptoeing that crease line, is he in the crease or not?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:17 am

HIS WORDS & SENTIMENTS. Not mine. Never. That is slander, which you are joining in.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:48 am

HIS WORDS & SENTIMENTS. Not mine. Never. That is slander, which you are joining in.
Nope, that was EXACTLY the meaning of your slur of him. Why?
Simply because he works in finance, you used that specific ugly trope as an insult.

You're not this dumb, which is why people are PO'd.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:51 am

Simply because he works in finance, you used that specific ugly trope as an insult.

It may have been an insult, but it was not anti-Semitic.
It was a non-denominational insult. What religion is Scrooge McDuck ?
AOD

Post by AOD »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:34 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:54 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:41 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:58 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:10 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 am Money changer is a anti Semitic usage in this case even if I wasn’t. Let’s not let someone off the hook for using specific loaded terms when there’s a billion other ways to do the same thing that could’ve avoided that.
I honestly didn't know that the term was loaded with that meaning. I thought it was simply way of looking down at the finance industry. So all I thought was happening was that you gave OS grief for his vocation----and he responded by giving you grief for yours.

I know better now, thanks.
You & other reasonable people didn't know either because it's a contrived, bogus, snowflake, cry baby fabrication.
Next they'll be the pronoun police.
It's only a fabrication to deniers. Wait until MD steps in as being more of an expert on religious matters societally, if he wants to bother since it's ridiculous.

Shakespeare...belligerent war mongering miliatry is the best way caricature. You are not reasonable by any common man standard here.
It's almost too disgusting an anti-semitic trope, centuries of the grossest furtherance of such, to engage further...Salty's all-in with this and he's just digging a deeper hole with each reprehensible post.
So Matthew & Paul were anti-semites ? Learn something new everyday.
Am I supposed to give you a history lesson (AGAIN dammit) on the rise of this disgusting slur and its application over time?

Do some bloody homework...and yes, I mean both kinds of bloody.
Should this forum really be tolerating anti-Semitic slurs from members like old salt? Doesn’t that warrant at least a warning from the Administrator?

DocBarrister :?
You have some power here as well Doc. Put him on your "Foe" list. Ignore him. Don't give him the attention he so deeply desires. Don't give his nonsense any air. You empower him when you joust with him. Silence is the best medicine for his toxic posts.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:33 am

As a WASP, you have no standing to determine if something is anti-Semitic.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 am

How do you know I'm a WASP ?

Here's a litmus test. Did you read Dicken's A Christmas Carol as a student ?
Were you aware that it conveyed a subliminal anti-Semitic message ?
Did you know that you were being brainwashed ? Or were you oblivious ?
Did you assume that Scrooge was Jewish, or just non-religious ?

https://forward.com/culture/435925/is-a ... tisemitic/
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 am

Stop....you look more foolish than usual.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:27 am

You're dodging the question.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Salt, if you know of Dickens’ potential anti-Semitic hidden meaning you can’t hide behind not knowing the recent European use for money changer. Please stop for your own good. Trump found out this week even the most ardent supporters have limits. You may be close yourself.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:33 am
foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:27 am

You're dodging the question.
Your questions are irrelevant and condescending.
old salt

Post by old salt »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:35 am

Salt, if you know of Dickens’ potential anti-Semitic hidden meaning you can’t hide behind not knowing the recent European use for money changer. Please stop for your own good. Trump found out this week even the most ardent supporters have limits. You may be close yourself.
It had not occurred to me until I just started researching anti-Semitic tropes. When I read A Christmas Carol or saw it as a play or movie, it did not occur to me that Scrooge might be Jewish. I just saw him as a miserly old man.

Return to “POLITICS”