The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:32 am On July 9, 2022, the US Army suspended Volesky from a lucrative consultant’s role after a social media post appearing under his name taunted first lady Jill Biden's support of abortion rights. In response to the U.S. Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v. Wade, Dr. Biden tweeted, “For nearly 50 years, women have had the right to make our own decisions about our bodies. Today, that right was stolen from us.” An account under Volesky’s name replied: “Glad to see you finally know what a woman is.”[9] Volesky had previously made another social media post stating the United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack was "all about partisan politics".[10]

Yup, simply no longer gonna get paid by the US Army as a consultant.
"His comments were not in step with decorum for retired military officers."

He's a jerk, IMO.
Is that a "nasty, mean spirited attack" that I "should be ashamed of"???
My, such a snow flake response.
In your opinion he is a jerk. IMO he is a decorated hero. IMO your attack was nasty and mean spirited. I bet you would never express your opinion to the generals face. Anyhow, thanks for the back and forth.
:D no, I would have the "balls" to tell him to his face what I think about his recent behavior.
I needn't have jumped out of airplanes to have such... ;)

Again, I'm not questioning his earlier service (and I have no issue with your view of such), just as I didn't question Flynn's active duty service.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I can hear the speech writers now-

"Dr. Jill loves unique breakfast tacos. EVERYONE loves unique breakfast tacos.

It's ok if we call Latinos tacos, right?"

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1 ... rniK0cfjjw
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:56 am I can hear the speech writers now-

Facepalm.

She needs to get together with the Congressman (I forget who) said something like if we don't build the wall, "we'll have taco trucks on every corner".
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:56 am I can hear the speech writers now-

sheesh, did you listen to what she actually said?
She was analogizing about "the diversity of this (Hispanic) community (specifically the organization that "Raul built"), "as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, as unique as the breakfast tacos of (San Antonio)...is your strength"

She wasn't calling Hispanics bodegas, blossoms, or breakfast tacos... :roll:

Yes, the Unidos organization is diverse, the Hispanic community is certainly diverse, and no one is a bodega, blossom or breakfast taco...

But hey, folks gotta find something to misrepresent as a soundbite...her speech writers are surely chagrined, and should be, it was an avoidable misstep.

It was not, however, akin to the bigotry of a fan's Congressman. EDIT, it was actually the co-founder of "Latinos for Trump" who originated that phrase in the 2016 campaign. Hillary picked up on it and said the idea "sounds delicious".
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:32 am On July 9, 2022, the US Army suspended Volesky from a lucrative consultant’s role after a social media post appearing under his name taunted first lady Jill Biden's support of abortion rights. In response to the U.S. Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v. Wade, Dr. Biden tweeted, “For nearly 50 years, women have had the right to make our own decisions about our bodies. Today, that right was stolen from us.” An account under Volesky’s name replied: “Glad to see you finally know what a woman is.”[9] Volesky had previously made another social media post stating the United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack was "all about partisan politics".[10]

He's a jerk, IMO.
In your opinion he is a jerk. IMO he is a decorated hero. IMO your attack was nasty and mean spirited. I bet you would never express your opinion to the generals face. Anyhow, thanks for the back and forth.
:D no, I would have the "balls" to tell him to his face what I think about his recent behavior.

Again, I'm not questioning his earlier service (and I have no issue with your view of such), just as I didn't question Flynn's active duty service.
https://www.businessinsider.com/jill-bi ... ype-2022-7

Does this asinine statement qualify the first lady for your "jerk" award???

She just compared Hispanic people to loveable breakfast tacos. What say you there about this kerfluffle on the part of our first lady. Unless your going to hand her a mulligan she is a perfect fit for your criteria for being a jerk... ;) I'm dying to hear how you spin this one... :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:21 am
But hey, folks gotta find something to misrepresent as a soundbite...her speech writers are surely chagrined, and should be, it was an avoidable misstep.
It was a stupid thing to write, and then say. Full stop. These speechwriters aren't earning minimum wage.....find a better metaphor. There's a whole mess of them available.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Agree. She said Latino community was as diverse as...a stereotypical Mexican food. But remember, this wasn't the first cringey and embarrassing and pandering move Joe and Jill has made with with this community:

From the BBC:

Jill Biden sorry for comparing Latinos to tacos

US First Lady Jill Biden has apologised for likening Hispanic people to "tacos" in a botched compliment.

Mrs Biden was addressing Latinos in Texas on Monday when she referenced the traditional Mexican snack in her speech.

The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) responded: "We are not tacos".

On Tuesday, her press secretary said Mrs Biden was sorry and admires the Hispanic community.

Her comment comes as President Joe Biden's popularity with Hispanic voters has been falling.

Mrs Biden was addressing a conference in San Antonio on the Hispanic "Quest for Equity" when she said: "The diversity of this community, as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength".

She also mispronounced the word "bodegas" - a term for convenience stores borrowed from Spanish - as "bogedas".

The NAHJ called on Mrs Biden "to take time to better understand" Latinos.

The industry group added: "Our heritage as Latinos is shaped by various diasporas, cultures & food traditions.

"Do not reduce us to stereotypes."

Responding on Twitter, Mrs Biden's press secretary said: "The First Lady apologises that her words conveyed anything but pure admiration and love for the Latino community".

Mrs Biden was previously criticised in March 2021 after botching the pronunciation of the Spanish phrase, "Sí se puede" (Yes we can), in remarks to farmworkers in Delano, California.

Conservatives also seized upon Mrs Biden's latest remarks.

"No wonder Hispanics are fleeing the Democratic Party!" US Representative Andy Biggs, a Republican from Arizona, wrote on Twitter.

A recent Quinnipiac opinion poll found that only about a quarter (26%) of Hispanic Americans - a key voting bloc for the Democratic Party - approve of Mr Biden's performance as president, down from 55% a year earlier.

While campaigning for the presidency, Mr Biden was ridiculed when he attempted to court the Hispanic vote by playing Despacito, a Spanish-language pop hit, from his phone.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

She was analogizing about "the diversity of this (Hispanic) community (specifically the organization that "Raul built"), "as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, as unique as the breakfast tacos of (San Antonio)...is your strength"

Yes, the Unidos organization is diverse, the Hispanic community is certainly diverse, and no one is a bodega, blossom or breakfast taco...

It was not, however, akin to the bigotry of a fan's Congressman. EDIT, it was actually the co-founder of "Latinos for Trump" who originated that phrase in the 2016 campaign. Hillary picked up on it and said the idea "sounds delicious".
never mind my post above.. the spin is in. :lol: :lol: You NEVER disappoint MD when it comes to your own personal hypocrisy. If she said NOTHING wrong MD... why did she offer an apology and retract what she said? The answer is very simple and easy... it is called in the world of politics foot in mouth disease. Talk about SNOWFLAKE explanations you take the cake on this one MD. :D The first lady would be well advised to hire you as her personal spokesman. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 am
It was a stupid thing to write, and then say. Full stop. These speechwriters aren't earning minimum wage.....find a better metaphor. There's a whole mess of them available.
+1 it is interesting to now read the start of the spin trying to defend what is indefensible. I thought only republicans did that?? :D
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I guess we should just applaud small steps. She didnt call hispanics tacos. She said their communities were diverse as....TACOS!

Remember, this is standard we were working from:

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:47 am

He's a jerk, IMO.

:D no, I would have the "balls" to tell him to his face what I think about his recent behavior

I would pay good money to your favorite charity to witness that event. I don't think you have balls that big. :D

We use to be mocked on our way to Pope AFB for a jump. The sarcastic rant was that the only thing that falls from the sky are birdchit and fools. The airborne soldiers reply was very simple... yeah but chickenchit never leaves the ground... true dat... ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

"sheesh, did you listen to what she actually said?"

Maybe her speech writers should have thought about that??? I hate to inform you MD your spin on this is not helping. A good rule of thumb... when your hip deep in hole the best advise is to stop digging.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:40 am

He's a jerk, IMO.
What's your bet that the tommy toughnuts general would have said what he said in the actual company of the two ladies he disparaged online?

No question that he is a decorated hero. But he's also a demonstrated jerk in this case. Simply deleting your inappropriate comment without an apology also speaks volumes.
Maybe our first lady should take your advise. I'm certain the general has no speech writers.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:05 am

never mind my post above.. the spin is in. :lol: :lol: You NEVER disappoint MD when it comes to your own personal hypocrisy. If she said NOTHING wrong MD... why did she offer an apology and retract what she said? The answer is very simple and easy... it is called in the world of politics foot in mouth disease. Talk about SNOWFLAKE explanations you take the cake on this one MD. :D The first lady would be well advised to hire you as her personal spokesman. ;)
sheesh, if one bothers to actually listen, it's obvious that she had zero bigoted disparagement intent; of course she apologized, because how it was heard was not as she (nor her speechwriters) intended. That's what adults do. It was mistake, not an act of bigotry...obviously.

But boy the snowflakes jumped on it...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:30 am

He's a jerk, IMO.
What's your bet that the tommy toughnuts general would have said what he said in the actual company of the two ladies he disparaged online?

No question that he is a decorated hero. But he's also a demonstrated jerk in this case. Simply deleting your inappropriate comment without an apology also speaks volumes.
Maybe our first lady should take your advise. I'm certain the general has no speech writers.
yup, he's definitely the jerk.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:45 am

He's a jerk, IMO.

Using your criteria Jill and the general are running neck and neck in the race towards jerk town. Jill is leading by a nose.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:53 am

He's a jerk, IMO.

Using your criteria Jill and the general are running neck and neck in the race towards jerk town. Jill is leading by a nose.
Apparently you've decided you want to give the LtG a run for his money in that department today. :roll:

Jill's speech writer screwed up, she didn't pick up on it; should have. She apologized. An adult.

Lt.G wrote the offensive statement on purpose, no apology. A jerk.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 am

He's a jerk, IMO.

Apparently you've decided you want to give the LtG a run for his money in that department today. :roll:

Jill's speech writer screwed up, she didn't pick up on it; should have. She apologized. An adult.

I have no problem with what the general said as a private citizen. I understand the facetious nature in which he said it. You think he is a jerk. I think he is an American hero. We will never agree. So does disagreeing allow you to make a personal attack on me insinuating I'm a jerk?? :D
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:07 pm

He's a jerk, IMO.

I have no problem with what the general said as a private citizen. I understand the facetious nature in which he said it. You think he is a jerk. I think he is an American hero. We will never agree. So does disagreeing allow you to make a personal attack on me insinuating I'm a jerk?? :D
yup, need I quote your personal attacks on me? "balls"...
Lighten up and don't be a snowflake...or a jerk. ;)

Again, I have zero issue with your considering this LtG or Flynn or any other senior officer you think is deserving of respect for their service to be a "hero".

IMO, their prior service is simply not relevant to what they do and say, now, on entirely unrelated topics.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:19 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:07 pm

He's a jerk, IMO.

yup, need I quote your personal attacks on me? "balls"...
Lighten up and don't be a snowflake...or a jerk. ;)

Again, I have zero issue with your considering this LtG or Flynn or any other senior officer you think is deserving of respect for their service to be a "hero".

IMO, their prior service is simply not relevant to what they do and say, now, on entirely unrelated topics.
I love it, your flailing around aimlessly MD. Keep up the good work. If your offended by my "balls" comment then report me. That is what you specialize in ain't it?? ;)

Return to “POLITICS”