2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ABV 8.3%

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:21 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:05 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:49 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:53 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:14 am
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:47 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:25 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:16 pm any opinion is defensible. it's an opinion.
:D
well, that too is 'defensible'.

Of course, you understood that my intended connotation of the word 'defensible' is that of 'justifiable' as opposed to merely 'arguable'.

In that connotation, some 'opinions' are more easily 'defended' or 'justified' than others which are less meritorious, less well founded in logic and fact. I don't see all opinions as being equivalently 'defensible', do you?
no, it's all relative. i'm not sure where hypotheticals and strawmen fall, that's for smarter folks than me.
Not sure what you mean...you are saying that opinions all have equal merit, regardless of logics and facts???
i was just answering your question the way you phrased it. that was the "no". some stuff's off the wall, sure.

i wouldn't put hypotheticals and strawmen, which is what the discussion looks like here, above any other reasonable opinion (or guess really). but that's just me.
Yes, there are "hypotheticals and strawmen" arguments that are certainly less than ironclad, lockdown certain. But there are degrees of plausibility that can and should be ascertained about such arguments to differentiate between them, as they are often the best that can be done when making decisions, choices of paths of action.

We can, for instance, differentiate between the claims that were made (and still being made) that there was massive fraud in the 4 states, obscuring that Trump actually won, and the position that there wasn't. The claim was implausible on its face, and became more so as various tests of the claims were brought to the courts, to Republican judges, Governors, Sec of State, etc, with recounts...continued to refute such claims. The more we knew, the more implausible the claims became. Yet persist.

So, too, the arguments about the impact of Trump's choices with virus management. He made a series of choices whereas other leaders/countries made different choices and as time went on evidence has grown. If I've understood you correctly, you think there could be confounding variables unaccounted for that explain the differences in outcomes that aren't attributable to any of those decisions made by the leaders? That could be true, but IMO are becoming as likely as that Hugo Chavez meddled in the US 2020 election... ;)

To be clear, I think that when there's a degree of uncertainty (as is almost always the case when predicting), it's important to stay agile in responding to new information, to test and learn fast, and adapt. That requires being open to the possibility of confounding variables and unintended consequences.

But it doesn't mean an inability to take action informed by the most plausible scenarios.
your points on their face are what anyone would agree upon, generally speaking.

what's been tossed around here to generate the discussion, however, is pure cherry picking, hindsight and speculation. with huge confounding errors not small ones, contradictory outcomes omitted, and a massive absence of data crunching. so, "here's what i think." not much more than that. i will defend your right to say it all day long.
And I yours.

I dunno, most of the discussion on here is just that, spitballing by non-experts (not true, plenty of experts ) , putting together lines of argument in as logical and well defended way as we can each muster.both, mostly, you dispise those that argue Some WHO? bother to cite experts Define an "expert" and what that is? and put some weight on such expertise,in other words, you are saying an "expert" is the nytimes editorial that I agree with" whereas others have a tough time conceiving that anyone could actually know more than they do. For THIS, we would need a clear example. For example, the hateful NOI (Nation of Islam) was hired to run security for Baltimores low income projects. What "expert" thought this was a good idea?

Personally, I find I learn some things I wouldn't necessarily have considered through those discussions and I don't have any problem with moderating my view as a result. How can you learn anything ,when you feel those lower than you, as NOT experts, are to be ignored. Not worthwhile. YOUR words, which I can cite example after example, not mine. I am only quoting you. Can you get banned for quoting others?

On this one, after all the back and forth, I don't have any trouble with a position that Trump's choices have cost (many) tens of thousands of lives that any modern predecessor POTUS would have very likely avoided. Precision is more debatable, but directionally I find refutation of that position darn implausible. I was a three time AA at UVA too? Will you listen to me know :lol:
but.....you can't read this :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can read it, but comprehending the point of your gibberish above is another matter. I plead failure on that one.
You are confused by every single thought and question? That no one comes across as an "expert" on ANY topic, based on a profession, either themselves, or some family member? For geez sake, we know, from all the experts resume's (because they are CONstantly letting us know :roll:

that you have a MBA from the same place that Shrub Bush got his. And DocB went across the street. (he doesn't remember, but we shared a bowl while trying to pick up chicks in "shanty town" DIVEST now party in the yard.

"I", "I, I, I"

"I" "ain't gonna play Sun City. no way"

https://vimeo.com/444032934

....or their wife IS

or, their son/daughter

And, of course, seacoaster posting a NY times "news" article. Classic duck N cover argument, where you can claim ignorance. After all, I don't agree with everything Joe Biden says....just disagree with everything YOU say. Because you didn'tgo to Harvard. Or UPENN, like Trump? Or own a successful, (or legal ;) business.

How is the crime in Baltimore :lol: :lol:
and yet again, gibberish...
the book or website on How to speak to morons, by the Cuomo brothers hasn't come out yet, so cut me some slack.

You come across as an "expert" on many, many issues. One tenant is a con-christian , hence you know all about these momNpop operations.

and on and on. Let's see a show of hands as to how many posters know you have an Masters in Business Administration from Harvard U........and, if not shoring up cred in the "expert" grouping, why else bring it up? Why IS your opinion and more, or less valuable, than, say a Pottsdam State Grad?

What is the purpose of providing a bio, all the time? If NOT, than to show you more worthy of worth, perhaps, not as an expert, but , an expert because you went to Private school your entire life. Well, other than the public funds that support your schools.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:27 pm Speaking only for myself, I believe wgdsdr is pointing out the exact same thing that I am .

French Laundry.

Or, do we need to pull up all you hypocritical posts about "stoopid spring breakers", etc. In 'retrospect" perhaps, they too, were , or are horrified at the peril they place older people in :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

aka: hypocrite
Who is arguing that "French Laundry" isn't hypocritical?

There are levels - going to HD is not the same as eating at the FL nor is that the same as a bar.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:36 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:27 pm Speaking only for myself, I believe wgdsdr is pointing out the exact same thing that I am .

French Laundry.

Or, do we need to pull up all you hypocritical posts about "stoopid spring breakers", etc. In 'retrospect" perhaps, they too, were , or are horrified at the peril they place older people in :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

There are levels - going to HD is not the same as eating at the FL nor is that the same as a bar.
Holy cow....gotta admit, plenty smoked out right now, SO, your reply had me in stitches. Seriously, funniest thing all day.

Also, you couldn't have proven my point any better.

Levels .....of....hypocrisy.

Got it.

And, wouldn't we all be shocked to learn that these "level's " apply to ones TAATS tatoo of fake party affiliation. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:34 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:16 pm any opinion is defensible. it's an opinion.

But it doesn't mean an inability to take action informed by the most plausible scenarios.

what's been tossed around here to generate the discussion, however, is pure cherry picking, hindsight and speculation. with huge confounding errors not small ones, contradictory outcomes omitted, and a massive absence of data crunching. so, "here's what i think." not much more than that. i will defend your right to say it all day long.
And I yours.

I dunno, most of the discussion on here is just that, spitballing by non-experts (not true, plenty of experts ) , putting together lines of argument in as logical and well defended way as we can each muster.both, mostly, you dispise those that argue Some WHO? bother to cite experts Define an "expert" and what that is? and put some weight on such expertise,in other words, you are saying an "expert" is the nytimes editorial that I agree with" whereas others have a tough time conceiving that anyone could actually know more than they do. For THIS, we would need a clear example. For example, the hateful NOI (Nation of Islam) was hired to run security for Baltimores low income projects. What "expert" thought this was a good idea?

Personally, I find I learn some things I wouldn't necessarily have considered through those discussions and I don't have any problem with moderating my view as a result. How can you learn anything ,when you feel those lower than you, as NOT experts, are to be ignored. Not worthwhile. YOUR words, which I can cite example after example, not mine. I am only quoting you. Can you get banned for quoting others?

On this one, after all the back and forth, I don't have any trouble with a position that Trump's choices have cost (many) tens of thousands of lives that any modern predecessor POTUS would have very likely avoided. Precision is more debatable, but directionally I find refutation of that position darn implausible. I was a three time AA at UVA too? Will you listen to me know :lol:
I can read it, but comprehending the point of your gibberish above is another matter. I plead failure on that one.
You are confused by every single thought and question? That no one comes across as an "expert" on ANY topic, based on a profession, either themselves, or some family member? For geez sake, we know, from all the experts resume's (because they are CONstantly letting us know :roll:

that you have a MBA from the same place that Shrub Bush got his. And DocB went across the street. (he doesn't remember, but we shared a bowl while trying to pick up chicks in "shanty town" DIVEST now party in the yard.

"I", "I, I, I"

....or their wife IS

or, their son/daughter

And, of course, seacoaster posting a NY times "news" article. Classic duck N cover argument, where you can claim ignorance. After all, I don't agree with everything Joe Biden says....just disagree with everything YOU say. Because you didn'tgo to Harvard. Or UPENN, like Trump? Or own a successful, (or legal ;) business.

the book or website on How to speak to morons, by the Cuomo brothers hasn't come out yet, so cut me some slack.

You come across as an "expert" on many, many issues. One tenant is a con-christian , hence you know all about these momNpop operations.

and on and on. Let's see a show of hands as to how many posters know you have an Masters in Business Administration from Harvard U........and, if not shoring up cred in the "expert" grouping, why else bring it up? Why IS your opinion and more, or less valuable, than, say a Pottsdam State Grad?

What is the purpose of providing a bio, all the time? If NOT, than to show you more worthy of worth, perhaps, not as an expert, but , an expert because you went to Private school your entire life. Well, other than the public funds that support your schools.
Huh?
I don't have an MBA from Harvard.
Just played on Harvard grad lax club team... as a spouse. ;)
Played against the HBS guys in soccer, scored our only goal, just dumb luck on a cross...HBS had 800 students per class to our 80...and a bunch of seriously good players. They made mincemeat out of us (I'd never played until grad school yet wasn't the worst...!)

I don't have any opinion of Pottsdam State, but definitely know how it feels to be dismissed for going to a less selective school than HBS. "So what do you do? well, I'm going to business school too...ohh, where...Boston College...ohhh I didn't know they had a B-school" Ouch.

I offer my opinions with whatever context I think is relevant. Doesn't make me an 'expert' on most anything, but one can weigh my views as having whatever basis that context may provide...including dismissing me as a "private school" kid if you'd like.

Why do you want to fight all the time?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:15 pm

French Laundry.

Holy cow....gotta admit, plenty smoked out right now, SO, your reply had me in stitches. Seriously, funniest thing all day.

Got it.

And, wouldn't we all be shocked to learn that these "level's " apply to ones TAATS tatoo of fake party affiliation. ;)
Going to Home Depot is not the same as sitting around for a couple of hours in a bar or restaurant yapping.
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:22 pm

French Laundry.

Got it.

Going to Home Depot is not the same as sitting around for a couple of hours in a bar or restaurant yapping.
let's break this down. with one word. Transition. (what makes sports fun too )

besides the bartender, and the 5 guys yapping it up, who is coming and going......oh, why bother. There are different levels. Thousands of people touching that mop and box of crap plastic flooring IS the same as drinking next to a stranger.

and all this time, we have been told alcohol kills Virus's :D
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:21 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:34 pm

And I yours.

"I", "I, I, I"

....or their wife IS

or, their son/daughter

Huh?
I don't have an MBA from Harvard.
Just played on Harvard grad lax club team... as a spouse. ;)
Played against the HBS guys in soccer, scored our only goal, just dumb luck on a cross...HBS had 800 students per class to our 80...and a bunch of seriously good players. They made mincemeat out of us (I'd never played until grad school yet wasn't the worst...!)

I don't have any opinion of Pottsdam State, but definitely know how it feels to be dismissed for going to a less selective school than HBS. "So what do you do? well, I'm going to business school too...ohh, where...Boston College...ohhh I didn't know they had a B-school" Ouch.

I offer my opinions with whatever context I think is relevant. Doesn't make me an 'expert' on most anything, but one can weigh my views as having whatever basis that context may provide...including dismissing me as a "private school" kid if you'd like.

Why do you want to fight all the time?
The way you treat people portrays a man that lacks principles. Look no further than your comments regarding a poster named "joe"

All are worthy of thought, input and insight. To claim otherwise, using obvious chooses as conduits , proves it so. (obvious conduits are terms like "doxing", "termsNconditions", or, just good ole fashioned, anonymous abuse and claims as to that posters "unworthyness" Only WE matter.

you'll never understand, because you don't even see a problem . None of you do. I didn't either........it feels good to choose the path of openess. True freedom of choice. No thumbs up or down
ggait

Post by ggait »

Moscow Mitch and Putin have now both congratulated P-E Biden. And Billy Barr has bailed as well.

So I guess the bitter enders are now just down to Javanka and Rudy?

Sad.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:06 pm Moscow Mitch and Putin have now both congratulated P-E Biden. And Billy Barr has bailed as well.

Sad.
Steven Miller's all-in...
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:22 pm

French Laundry.

Got it.

let's break this down. with one word. Transition. (what makes sports fun too )

besides the bartender, and the 5 guys yapping it up, who is coming and going......oh, why bother. There are different levels. Thousands of people touching that mop and box of dump plastic flooring IS the same as drinking next to a stranger.

and all this time, we have been told alcohol kills Virus's :D
😂😂😂
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

abv, rrr, et al,
I remain incapable of deciphering. I'm leaving that particular back and forth text to save others from length...

You're bothered by my exchanges with Joe, if you can call them exchanges?

JoeM, IMO, rants, with a rather singular and repeated perspective...which I would tend to think has at least some merit... yet his posts nearly always have such an angry bite in order to make his repeated point that it makes them hard to swallow...of course, that's just my opinion, this is a discussion board so not all will agree.

You, on the other hand, are all over the place, probably with lots of valid points, yet it's extremely hard to tell what you're saying...just a little more effort from you to explain in terms the rest of us find decipherable would be helpful...again, just my opinion.
Typical Lax Dad

Drink up with all 5 people!!
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Just to be clear, anyone that dies from covid19 , from February 2021 on.........is 100% Joe Bidens fault?
~ ABV

If they were infected during the tRUMP regime, blame goes to Demented Donnie.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:43 pm
Just to be clear, anyone that dies from covid19 , from February 2021 on.........is 100% Joe Bidens fault?
~ ABV

ABV going in on old Joe already....
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:27 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:06 pm Moscow Mitch and Putin have now both congratulated P-E Biden. And Billy Barr has bailed as well.

Sad.
Steven Miller's all-in...
Miller held a meeting in his mother’s basement yesterday so that his “electors” from Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin could cast their “electoral votes” for T****.

Similarly, I held a meeting in my basement at which my slate of electors from Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio voted for Biden.

If both slates are counted, Biden comes out well ahead.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Yep. His Biden derangement syndrome is clearly in evidence.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

The President of The United States of America wrapping up his day:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 99584?s=21
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:59 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:43 pm
~ ABV

nope, just prepping, mentally, for the boring of switching stoopid taaats roles. you know, YOU defending Biden, no matter what, cradle, youth, creepy semen reference, old salty, etc, will be blaming Biden for covid deaths, no different than the lunacy of what docB, brooklyn, matnum and others claim, currently. Day one, called tRump out on his fiscal lies.......no one cared. You were entertained, by "important" stuff.

carry on.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

More Kraken:

Georgia:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/ ... hority.pdf

Michigan:

I think these are based on the supposed expert report and audit of the Dominion machines.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:23 am More Kraken:

Georgia:

Michigan:

I think these are based on the supposed expert report and audit of the Dominion machines.
So these two suits can be brought to the SCOTUS because they have already been rejected by the various state supreme courts?

Return to “POLITICS”