All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

kramerica.inc

There is Risk- like in EVERYTHING we do in life

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:19 am What many have feared ... world’s first confirmed case of novel coronavirus re-reinfection.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science ... y-n1237840

This suggests that for some or many (or most or all?) people, any immunity through infection/recovery or vaccination will be temporary.

Not good.

DocBarrister :?
This on the cover of "No sh!t" Magazine!

Its almost like this thing is acting like OTHER viruses and influenzas out there!

The horror!
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:31 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:24 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:19 am What many have feared ... world’s first confirmed case of novel coronavirus re-reinfection.

This suggests that for some or many (or most or all?) people, any immunity through infection/recovery or vaccination will be temporary.

Not good.

One possible implication ... we may face a future requiring constant vigilance against this virus. Meaning, repeated vaccinations and occasional isolations and shutdowns when local outbreaks occur.

DocBarrister :|

Doc left out the quiet part of his post: "until November 3rd"

:lol:
The risk to every day actions will subside if Biden wins. Just the way the risk is less or "worth it" if you are gathering to protest.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Silly points, guys.

We'll have a better situation when we ALL get far more serious about quashing the virus.

Leadership on this issue will indeed matter, and it's clear that our current leadership is a miserable failure in rallying the American public in this primary mission.

So, sure, there will be great relief when Biden is elected, but we'll be far from done with the actual medical issues.

Frankly, I don't expect Biden's task to be easy, nor do I expect the virus to 'magically go away'...it's going to take a lot of work and there will very likely be more challenges ahead. And I'd not expect perfection.

And there's going to be a lot of challenges in getting the economy fully back on track as well. But we have to quash the virus to ever get the economy back to full steam, so that has to be priority #1.
JoeMauer89

Re: Not Good

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Not good.

One possible implication ... we may face a future requiring constant vigilance against this virus. Meaning, repeated vaccinations and occasional isolations and shutdowns when local outbreaks occur.

Read what the article stated,the patient was asymptomatic the throughout the re-infection. Its likely that the his immune system having familiarity with the virus prevented him/her from experiencing any symptoms. This is a rather extremist take, there is nothing that is NOT good about it. Reinfection does not and rarely has to be associated with worse symptoms. This would fly in the face of every scientific principle known to mankind. This isn't a new virus, just a very different strain of the Coronavirus family that has been around for quite a while. This post is leaving a lot of what the article said and inserting your alarmist beliefs into it. I am a casual observer of this forum, but a lot of the time its very hard to even take you serious. You are purposefully divisive, alarmist, insensitive and take things to the extreme every chance you get. I get it, you are unhappy with the current leadership in this country, but that doesn't call for some of the extreme takes that you throw out in regards to this virus. There's a lot of people unhappy with the leadership as you are, yet they don't abandon their sense of rational belief and make such divisive statements as if they are making them just to elicit some sort of response that they may seek.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:14 am

Not good.

Read what the article stated,the patient was asymptomatic the throughout the re-infection. Its likely that the his immune system having familiarity with the virus prevented him/her from experiencing any symptoms. This is a rather extremist take, there is nothing that is NOT good about it. Reinfection does not and rarely has to be associated with worse symptoms. This would fly in the face of every scientific principle known to mankind. This isn't a new virus, just a very different strain of the Coronavirus family that has been around for quite a while. This post is leaving a lot of what the article said and inserting your alarmist beliefs into it. I am a casual observer of this forum, but a lot of the time its very hard to even take you serious. You are purposefully divisive, alarmist, insensitive and take things to the extreme every chance you get. I get it, you are unhappy with the current leadership in this country, but that doesn't call for some of the extreme takes that you throw out in regards to this virus. There's a lot of people unhappy with the leadership as you are, yet they don't abandon their sense of rational belief and make such divisive statements as if they are making them just to elicit some sort of response that they may seek.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
Where did you read that this “isn’t a new virus”?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:16 am

Not good.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
To clarify, I mean it is a new virus. But it comes from a family of viruses that has been in circulation for many many years. It has also proven to share some characteristics to other coronaviruses. This is all I meant.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:38 am

Not good.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
To clarify, I mean it is a new virus. But it comes from a family of viruses that has been in circulation for many many years. It has also proven to share some characteristics to other coronaviruses. This is all I meant.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
Ok. There are new strains to COVID-19. That is certain. I remember early on getting a text from a friend looking to downplay it. He said it was a hoax and directed me to look at a can of Lysol spray....before I bothered I asked him if it was going to list “coronavirus” as something it kills...... I told him not to pay attention to that nonsense. He came around when his daughter tested positive in New Jersey when a lot of people were dying.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:10 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:38 am

Not good.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
Ok. There are new strains to COVID-19. That is certain. I remember early on getting a text from a friend looking to downplay it. He said it was a hoax and directed me to look at a can of Lysol spray....before I bothered I asked him if it was going to list “coronavirus” as something it kills...... I told him not to pay attention to that nonsense. He came around when his daughter tested positive in New Jersey when a lot of people were dying.
Why would it surprise anyone that there is change out there. This virus has a very large genome for a virus with the majority encoding for little or nothing. There is very little evidence that the virulence is any different.

Back to the original post about the reinfection......... If the individual remains asymptomatic, as he currently is, then the immune system is acting exactly as it should. What are his memory T cell counts? How about helper T cell Counts? Do we have an antibody titter after the first infection and it is greater in the second instance? There are currently now how many infected? Over 23 million.........with all the genetic varialbilities of the population could this be an outlier?

Not to say this is not interesting, the most interesting aspects at times are the ones that are unexpected. No saying more should be looked at into this as it definitely should but the notion that this is bad.......real bad.....is something we actually do not know as of yet.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

You beat me to it, Bart. Obviously, sharpshooting one small issue of Joe's entire post doesn't mean the whole thing was off base.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:29 pm You beat me to it, Bart. Obviously, sharpshooting one small issue of Joe's entire post doesn't mean the whole thing was off base.
Who said it was and where did I do that? I just asked where he read that it was “new”. Facts matter.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:46 pm Another great businessman. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Trump and Kushner would not do well on Canal Street
ggait

Post by ggait »

Very cheap, quick, frequent tests. If you do enough of these at-home tests, you can get by with meh 85% accuracy.

Would have the same impact as a vaccine. But could be deployed much sooner and with much less uncertainty.

Sounds like this would be our quickest way out of the woods.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ ... o-vaccine/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/08/2 ... esting.cnn
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:14 am Read what the article stated,the patient was asymptomatic the throughout the re-infection. Its likely that the his immune system having familiarity with the virus prevented him/her from experiencing any symptoms. This is a rather extremist take, there is nothing that is NOT good about it. Reinfection does not and rarely has to be associated with worse symptoms. This would fly in the face of every scientific principle known to mankind. This isn't a new virus, just a very different strain of the Coronavirus family that has been around for quite a while. This post is leaving a lot of what the article said and inserting your alarmist beliefs into it. I am a casual observer of this forum, but a lot of the time its very hard to even take you serious. You are purposefully divisive, alarmist, insensitive and take things to the extreme every chance you get. I get it, you are unhappy with the current leadership in this country, but that doesn't call for some of the extreme takes that you throw out in regards to this virus. There's a lot of people unhappy with the leadership as you are, yet they don't abandon their sense of rational belief and make such divisive statements as if they are making them just to elicit some sort of response that they may seek.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
I agree with much of your post, but you neglect to mention what I think is a rather serious issue. Those who get reinfected may have better experiences, themselves, with the disease the second time around, but I believe they are still just as contagious and, thus, can spread the disease just as easily as they could the first time. The point is (and I didn't come up with this, just repeating what I have heard or read) that if people can get reinfected (it seems they can), then if will be more difficult to reach herd immunity when members of the herd can get (and more importantly spread) the disease more than once, and maybe multiple times.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Party over science. Don't believe Yale scientists, folks!

Also, Sweden reached herd immunity. I realize the Fanlax Dems hate to hear this, but science is science, not your Party.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/swede ... =home-page
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:02 pm Very cheap, quick, frequent tests. If you do enough of these at-home tests, you can get by with meh 85% accuracy.

Would have the same impact as a vaccine. But could be deployed much sooner and with much less uncertainty.

Sounds like this would be our quickest way out of the woods.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ ... o-vaccine/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/08/2 ... esting.cnn
Happened to see this on GPS yesterday. Seems very compelling. He sold Fareed who is a sharp guy.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Multiple NFL training camps shut down for players testing positive for Covid 19.

Whoopsie

77 false positives. From one clinic.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:06 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:14 am Read what the article stated,the patient was asymptomatic the throughout the re-infection. Its likely that the his immune system having familiarity with the virus prevented him/her from experiencing any symptoms. This is a rather extremist take, there is nothing that is NOT good about it. Reinfection does not and rarely has to be associated with worse symptoms. This would fly in the face of every scientific principle known to mankind. This isn't a new virus, just a very different strain of the Coronavirus family that has been around for quite a while. This post is leaving a lot of what the article said and inserting your alarmist beliefs into it. I am a casual observer of this forum, but a lot of the time its very hard to even take you serious. You are purposefully divisive, alarmist, insensitive and take things to the extreme every chance you get. I get it, you are unhappy with the current leadership in this country, but that doesn't call for some of the extreme takes that you throw out in regards to this virus. There's a lot of people unhappy with the leadership as you are, yet they don't abandon their sense of rational belief and make such divisive statements as if they are making them just to elicit some sort of response that they may seek.

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
I agree with much of your post, but you neglect to mention what I think is a rather serious issue. Those who get reinfected may have better experiences, themselves, with the disease the second time around, but I believe they are still just as contagious and, thus, can spread the disease just as easily as they could the first time. The point is (and I didn't come up with this, just repeating what I have heard or read) that if people can get reinfected (it seems they can), then if will be more difficult to reach herd immunity when members of the herd can get (and more importantly spread) the disease more than once, and maybe multiple times.
i take it this is just guesswork based on other viruses or coronaviruses ?
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:09 pm Party over science. Don't believe Yale scientists, folks!

Also, Sweden reached herd immunity. I realize the Fanlax Dems hate to hear this, but science is science, not your Party.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/swede ... =home-page
There you go reading a headline. What does “claim” mean in that context? In the article, the synonym used is “thinks”.....what does that mean to you?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:22 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89!
i take it this is just guesswork based on other viruses or coronaviruses ?
Sort of like “claim” or “think”.....May as well add in believes while we are at it.....(see above post for context)
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”