2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by DMac »

You put a petulant child who cares about nothing but himself in the oval office and you end up with a petulant child who cares about nothing but himself in the oval office. Fortunately there aren't too many days left of this tyrant being our Prez, and I do hope he has to be put in a straight jacket and be forcefully removed from office. A befitting ending for a psycho Prez.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RT @HashtagGriswold: lmao, what? https://t.co/FDewlUQNqj https://t.co/CyNChKe6Fr

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:00 am RT @HashtagGriswold: lmao, what? https://t.co/FDewlUQNqj https://t.co/CyNChKe6Fr

I thought it was 1 in a bazillion or 1 out of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:55 pm I just check our cabinet. we have quite a bunch Goya products in there. Does having Goya chick peas now make me unamerican in some way? I feel so ashamed all of a sudden. Are the FLP folks here gonna send us to re-education camps so we can buy politically correct beans. :D
you and I both, cradle, pretty sure we're good.
Nice headline from Goya: AOC named Goya ‘employee of the month’ after boycott call leads to sales spike :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:42 am
Nice headline from Goya: AOC named Goya ‘employee of the month’ after boycott call leads to sales spike :lol:

Actually, there has been a spike in commercial food product sales of all kinds because people have been forced to do their own cooking rather than eat out at restaurants which have been closed due to mitigation orders. So don't laugh too loud especially since Goya has been rumored for years to hire lots of illegals thereby undercutting wages for American workers. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It's worth a chuckle, though...someone had a sense of humor.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Why is it OK for Trump and Republicans to try their level best to overturn the expressed -- recounted, audited, confirmed by court after court after court -- will of the people of the United States? We have reduced to something like normality an ardent effort at an unconstitutional takeover of the reins of public authority, and not a peep from the GOP members of the House, the Senate majority leader or his caucus (save for one or two Senators who have consequently been excoriated by their party).

The latest:

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/12/texa ... n-outcome/

"In a last-ditch effort to forestall the outcome of the 2020 presidential election, Texas sought on Tuesday to file a lawsuit directly in the Supreme Court, attempting to delay the Electoral College vote and prevent four states – Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin – from casting their Electoral College votes for President-elect Joe Biden, who won the popular vote in each state. This highly unusual use of the court’s original jurisdiction — which is most often used to resolve interstate disputes involving, for example, water rights — came just six days before each state’s electors are required by law to meet and cast their ballots in the Electoral College.

The filing by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton accuses government officials in the four states of using the COVID-19 pandemic to make changes to their states’ election laws through “executive fiat or friendly lawsuits, thereby weakening ballot integrity.” The state officials, Paxton writes, “flooded” their states with absentee ballots and “weakened the strongest security measures protecting the integrity of the vote-signature verification and witness requirements.” As a result, Paxton contends, the 2020 election “suffered from significant and unconstitutional irregularities in those four states” – for example, treating voters in Democratic areas more favorably than in other areas. When taken together, Paxton asserts, these flaws make it impossible to know who “legitimately won the 2020 election and threaten to cloud all future elections.”

There is normally no specific timetable for the court to act in such cases, but Paxton explains that the state will seek expedited consideration of its request. He also urges the justices to resolve the dispute without additional briefing, telling them that the issues presented in the case – involving the outcome of the 2020 presidential election – “are neither fact-bound nor complex.”

Texas is normally represented in the U.S. Supreme Court by its solicitor general, Kyle Hawkins, who argued before the court last month in the challenge to the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate. However, Hawkins’ name does not appear on the filing.

Officials in the states being challenged described Texas’ filing as an outlandish stunt with no legal basis. “These continued attacks on our fair and free election system are beyond meritless, beyond reckless,” Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro (D) wrote on Twitter.

“I feel sorry for Texans that their tax dollars are being wasted on such a genuinely embarrassing lawsuit,” Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul (D) wrote. “Texas is as likely to challenge the outcome of the Ice Bowl as it is to overturn the will of Wisconsin voters in the 2020 presidential election.”

Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr (R), who was recently named the new chair of the Republican Attorneys General Association, also brushed off the lawsuit. “With all due respect, the Texas Attorney General is constitutionally, legally and factually wrong about Georgia,” a spokesperson for Carr said, according to The Dallas Morning News.

The justices also heard on Tuesday from Pennsylvania in another long-shot lawsuit seeking to overturn that state’s election results. The state filed its response to a request by Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Pa.) to block the state from certifying the results of the Nov. 3 election. Kelly challenged the state’s expansion of mail-in voting as unconstitutional, but the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that Kelly had waited too long to go to court.

In its filing on Tuesday, Pennsylvania urged the justices to stay out of the dispute, telling them that Kelly was seeking “one of the most dramatic, disruptive invocations of judicial power in the history of the Republic.” Kelly’s claims are “fundamentally frivolous,” Pennsylvania asserted, were not raised or decided below and would ask the court to “constitutionalize huge swaths of state procedural law without any credible basis” to do so."
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:00 am RT @HashtagGriswold: lmao, what? https://t.co/FDewlUQNqj https://t.co/CyNChKe6Fr

Watching lawyers try to do math is usually pretty sad.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:52 pm Why is it OK for Trump and Republicans to try their level best to overturn the expressed -- recounted, audited, confirmed by court after court after court -- will of the people of the United States?
It's not OK. In fact, it's a crime. One I hope Biden's Attorney General prosecutes them all for. As well as the state AGs for crimes under state law.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:23 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:52 pm Why is it OK for Trump and Republicans to try their level best to overturn the expressed -- recounted, audited, confirmed by court after court after court -- will of the people of the United States?
It's not OK. In fact, it's a crime. One I hope Biden's Attorney General prosecutes them all for. As well as the state AGs for crimes under state law.
A lot of what knits us together is a shared understanding that we might win, we might lose, but that -- subject to reasonable checks when the results are terrifically close (see, e.g., Florida 2000) -- the loser concedes without taking people's confidence in the electoral systems down the drain with him. I think Trump and his complicit toadies and crazy horde are doing/have done irreparable damage to the Country.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PA could be the FL of 2020 with Cruz to argue:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/529 ... reme-court
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oh, come on. Rudy should do it from his hospital bed. Why not continue the charade?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

SCOTUS just denied the PA petition without comment.

They are not going to hear the TX petition (or any other one either) either.

Safe Harbor is today and 49 of 50 states have certified results in writing (only HI is left). Electors will vote those certified results December 14.

It's OVER except for DOPUS and his sycophants blathering on about it.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Anyone catch the crazy guy in the White House today?

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/stat ... 4359663617

Calling on the courts and GOP flacks to help with the coup. With a little mob boss “or else.”

YA’s candidate. Wow.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:59 pm Anyone catch the crazy guy in the White House today?

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/stat ... 4359663617

Calling on the courts and GOP flacks to help with the coup. With a little mob boss “or else.”

YA’s candidate. Wow.
At least he fights for something
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

The Supreme Court’s order. Short and sweet.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/cou ... r_bq7d.pdf
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:28 pm The Supreme Court’s order. Short and sweet.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/cou ... r_bq7d.pdf
But the Texas lawsuit against the swing states? That will for sure lock in Trump as President for life, right?
njbill

Post by njbill »

I have personally filed a lawsuit seeking to overturn the Texas certification.

It is outrageous that Texas plans to cast its electoral votes for T****.

There was rampant fraud in Texas. Hundreds of thousands of Biden ballots were dumped into the Rio Grande. I personally saw that happen.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

At page 20, you can read the worst expert report ever filed at the Supreme Court:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/ ... 0FINAL.pdf

Dumb. Just really embarrassing.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:42 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:55 pm I just check our cabinet. we have quite a bunch Goya products in there. Does having Goya chick peas now make me unamerican in some way? I feel so ashamed all of a sudden. Are the FLP folks here gonna send us to re-education camps so we can buy politically correct beans. :D
you and I both, cradle, pretty sure we're good.
Reminds me of the Trump Penis Enlargement Kit @ $45.99 which is wrecking it in rural America. Turned out to be a magnifying glass.

Return to “POLITICS”