2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:46 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:44 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:06 pm Barr will be fired via tweet by the end of the day.
That would probably be a huge load off off his back.
Not so fast!!!
I think Bill Barr wants to get the hell out of Dodge ASAP. I guessing he wants his life to be much less complicated than it is today.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

The President of The United States of America hard at work:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 84352?s=21

Aren’t we fighting a war somewhere?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:52 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:06 pm Barr will be fired via tweet by the end of the day.
Not so fast!!!
I think Bill Barr wants to get the hell out of Dodge ASAP. I guessing he wants his life to be much less complicated than it is today.
I think Barr was, more than even Trump himself----hoping Trump would win...
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kelly has appealed the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision to the US Supreme Court. He has asked for an emergency stay, enjoining the state from taking further action to certify the election (which it has already done).

Kelly argues that the Pennsylvania state legislature violated the Pennsylvania Constitution by enacting legislation permitting no excuse mail in voting.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/01/supreme ... trump.html
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

More than 600,000 Georgians have requested their mail ballots for the January 5 runoff elections.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:14 pm
Not so fast!!!
Other than TV, where will these Trump people end up? All of them are diminished.....even Fox....Anyone that comes in his orbit is worse off afterwards.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:14 pm
Not so fast!!!
Barr would have to be a glutton for punishment to want to continue being a part of this circus.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Bart

Post by Bart »

njbill wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:52 pm Kelly has appealed the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision to the US Supreme Court. He has asked for an emergency stay, enjoining the state from taking further action to certify the election (which it has already done).

Kelly argues that the Pennsylvania state legislature violated the Pennsylvania Constitution by enacting legislation permitting no excuse mail in voting.

This is what I was thinking would happen with this. What is your read as a practitioner of law? Will they take up the case? Will it fly?
AOD

Post by AOD »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:31 pm He’s treated that PAC money as his piggy bank (who knows about the legality of it) since prior to the last election. It was even narrated in the initial transition relationship between Trump and Chris Christie where he didn’t want Christie “spending any of his money” on it that they’ll figure it out on their own. That was specific transition funds too.

So he’s likely using it for personal benefit and won’t be able to raise the same type of money once the charade is over. It’s a money maker for him (in his eyes anyways).
There's a long history of bad things that can happen as a result. Ask former Rep. Bill Gray's family, ask former Sen. Rob Andrews, and more recently, ask Duncan Hunter. Let him leave and then we'll know the efficacy of his self-pardon and whether these things can come back to haunt him.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Loose definitions of project accounting and time-charging.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:05 am
njbill wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:52 pm Kelly has appealed the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision to the US Supreme Court. He has asked for an emergency stay, enjoining the state from taking further action to certify the election (which it has already done).

This is what I was thinking would happen with this. What is your read as a practitioner of law? Will they take up the case? Will it fly?
Bart, the commentary by the election law cognoscenti is, well, scathing:

Example (Rick Hasen): https://electionlawblog.org/?p=119196

"Well now the plaintiff has filed an emergency application for an injunction in the Supreme Court, and the federal question presented is: “May a legislature violate its state constitution’s restrictions on the lawmaking power when enacting legislation for the conduct of federal elections pursuant to Article I, § 4, and Article II, § 1 of the U.S. Constitution? (There’s a second dumb question related to laches that is not even worth the time.)

This is kind of the opposite of the independent state legislature doctrine that we’ve seen in some of the other cases. In those other cases, the argument is that a state legislature cannot be constrained by provisions in a state constitution (as interpreted by a state supreme court) in setting rules for federal elections. This case argues that when a state legislature fails to follow a state constitutional provision, that failure violates the U.S. Constitution. Which provision of the Constitution? The question presented points to provisions in the Constitution that give state legislatures the power to set election rules, so how could that possibly be violated by a state legislature setting election rules?

Even worse, the state supreme court is the ultimate arbiter of the meaning of the state constitution, not the U.S. Supreme Court, and so it is not for the U.S. Supreme Court to say if the PA legislature violated the PA constitution.

The plaintiff wants an order from the U.S. Supreme Court nullifying the effect of the certification of the electors. It is not clear that this kind of remedy is even available. But I do not expect this case to go anywhere at the Supreme Court."
njbill

Post by njbill »

From what I can glean, this pleading was filed early yesterday morning. It was directed to Justice Alito. I haven’t seen any report yet as to whether he has taken any action at all, such as request a reply from the state.

I know that the court had oral arguments yesterday and today, which could be impinging on Alito’s time.

I certainly agree with the commentators that the court should not take the case. Will it, however, is a separate question.

Alito and Thomas want a Republican in the White House, regardless of any personal feelings they may have about T**** since word is that both would like to retire relatively soon. If Biden is elected, then they may feel they need to wait at least another four years. Obviously, that should have absolutely nothing to do with how they decide the case, but might it?

Three other justices were appointed by T**** and probably feel beholden to him at least to some degree.

Roll all of this together, and I still think the court won’t get involved or, if they do, will affirm the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. But I’m not betting my retirement account on that or even today’s coffee money.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:12 am
Bart wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:05 am

Bart, the commentary by the election law cognoscenti is, well, scathing:

Example (Rick Hasen): https://electionlawblog.org/?p=119196

"Well now the plaintiff has filed an emergency application for an injunction in the Supreme Court, and the federal question presented is: “May a legislature violate its state constitution’s restrictions on the lawmaking power when enacting legislation for the conduct of federal elections pursuant to Article I, § 4, and Article II, § 1 of the U.S. Constitution? (There’s a second dumb question related to laches that is not even worth the time.)

This is kind of the opposite of the independent state legislature doctrine that we’ve seen in some of the other cases. In those other cases, the argument is that a state legislature cannot be constrained by provisions in a state constitution (as interpreted by a state supreme court) in setting rules for federal elections. This case argues that when a state legislature fails to follow a state constitutional provision, that failure violates the U.S. Constitution. Which provision of the Constitution? The question presented points to provisions in the Constitution that give state legislatures the power to set election rules, so how could that possibly be violated by a state legislature setting election rules?

Even worse, the state supreme court is the ultimate arbiter of the meaning of the state constitution, not the U.S. Supreme Court, and so it is not for the U.S. Supreme Court to say if the PA legislature violated the PA constitution.

The plaintiff wants an order from the U.S. Supreme Court nullifying the effect of the certification of the electors. It is not clear that this kind of remedy is even available. But I do not expect this case to go anywhere at the Supreme Court."
Thanks for the read. Interesting from a non legal perspective.

Now I see A Representative indicating he will challenge the electoral college when Congress certifies the results? I can’t imagine that would have legal precedent?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Any normal judge (which may excuse grumpy Alito unfortunately) in response to Kelly suit:

1. Laches.

2. If I throw out the election of Trump, then I guess I have to also throw out your election too. Since you were on the November ballot. And also every other election in PA. Every congressional election in PA. And also every state house election in PA. Which means that there is no longer any state legislature in PA. Since in PA legislative terms expire on November 30.

3. Get the fork out of my courtroom.
Last edited by ggait on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

and then there's this latest BS from GOPers

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/hu ... ief-491033

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) has been telling colleagues and allies that he plans to challenge the Electoral College votes when Congress officially certifies Joe Biden’s victory on Jan. 6, as long as a Senate Republican joins him in the long-shot effort

Brooks confirmed his plans in a phone interview, adding that he is still considering objecting to the vote-counting process even if no one joins him — though he acknowledged that would be more of a symbolic protest. Brooks, echoing President Donald Trump’s baseless claims of voter fraud without providing evidence, argued that the election was “badly flawed” and that most mail-in voting is “unconstitutional.”

Apparently, one lawmaker from both the Senate and House needs to challenge the results in order to force a deliberation on the matter (not a very high bar). And even then, the gambit to overturn the election results in Congress is almost certain to fail, given the makeup of the House and Senate.

Apparently things have gone from sore losers to burn the country down.........What the heck?
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:55 pm 2. If I throw out the election of Trump, then I guess I have to also throw out your election too. Since you were on the November ballot. And also every other election in PA. Every congressional election in PA. And also every state house election in PA. Which means that there is no longer any state legislature in PA. Since in PA legislative terms expire on November 30.
You think any of the Trump-Idiots have thought this through? They think someone is going to "magic" Trump another 4 terms.

I said this the minute they started talking about fraud: TrumpFans aren't smart enough to bother claiming that an entire ballot is fraudulent. Just Trump's part.

It's this this kid all over again.

This is next level stupid. So when people say "oh, don't tell TrumpFans they're dumb...that just makes them double down and vote Trump".

Really? Yeah, I don't care. I'm tired of enabling this nonsense. What are we supposed to do? Find a PC word for this kind of dumb that doesn't offend the snowflakes?

Stupid: having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

Nope, that's the correct word, alright. No PC needed. These people are stupid.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:30 pm
(redacted)

This is next level stupid. So when people say "oh, don't tell TrumpFans they're dumb...that just makes them double down and vote Trump".

Really? Yeah, I don't care. I'm tired of enabling this nonsense. What are we supposed to do? Find a PC word for this kind of dumb that doesn't offend the snowflakes?

Stupid: having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

Nope, that's the correct word, alright. No PC needed. These people are stupid.
Supporters support. Millions of people support Trump because he is not 'normal' and normal Washington politics as run by normal Washington politicians is offensive enough to these millions that they find a champion and tag along.

Trump is the single individual who is churning up this fraud rigged argument. Second tier news outlets like NewsMax and OANN are echoing his nonsense because they want his audience. But I surmise that as Trump continues to try to 'own the libs' and offend us folks who think that norms are plenty OK, he will lose authority.

People will fall off of his supporter file. He has raised close to $200M from his people since the election and everyone gets huffy when money is sent and the results promised do not materialize. I expect that he is going to ask Netflix money to subscribe to his commentary channel, and subscriber numbers will never be as big as they'll be on day one. Even stupid and bedazzled people pay attention to their wallets.

Trumpists will end up being like the Millerites (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment ) Proven wrong and blatantly suckered, but still on the train. Just watch........

Would he listen to his advisors, maybe he wouldn't be kicking the support out from under the R Senate candidates in GA by shouting in all caps that Georgia elections are not really elections and Democrats win despite ALL evidence to the contrary.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:06 am Loose definitions of project accounting and time-charging.
Those can be tested and challenged if the IRS wants to. I’ve split the baby and arbitraged accounting rules and reg KSU toons a few times in my life successfully, but if they tell you it’s wrong there’s no debate and no winning. Those rules have dark spaces but they aren’t completely amorphous.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”