Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Games Today

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:47 am Watched the NU-We Are game this morning. It's always very satisfying to see Northwestern lose. I thought, candidly, that O'Neill should have been called for the charge on that last foray that took her to the FPS. If O'Neill played at almost any program in the ACC, she'd be in the conversation for all the awards.
I love that you're transparent about this, Sea. Nothing at all wrong with a little sports schadenfreude. Glad you voice it on occasion. You have your reasons. Not sure if the Catholics may also be on this list.

Were you able to see the game right from opening draw? I'm also making my way through it this morning as I didn't watch any of it last night. My recorded copy started tied at 3 with like 4 minutes left in the 1st period.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:11 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:47 am Watched the NU-We Are game this morning. It's always very satisfying to see Northwestern lose. I thought, candidly, that O'Neill should have been called for the charge on that last foray that took her to the FPS. If O'Neill played at almost any program in the ACC, she'd be in the conversation for all the awards.
I love that you're transparent about this, Sea. Nothing at all wrong with a little sports schadenfreude. Glad you voice it on occasion. You have your reasons. Not sure if the Catholics may also be on this list.

Were you able to see the game right from opening draw? I'm also making my way through it this morning as I didn't watch any of it last night. My recorded copy started tied at 3 with like 4 minutes left in the 1st period.
I was able to watch the second half. Very good win for Penn State. Pretty bad loss for NU. I feel like every other upset this year so far has been by another ranked team in the top 15. This upset was by unranked Penn State. I also agree O’Niell should’ve been called for the charge, but I was happy to see NU lose. I was also pretty impressed with Abernathy. Penn State’s defense was also fun to watch. Scane is still very good, but even with 5 goals it didn’t seem like she was taking over the game like she used to last season. It’s obvious NU frustrates a lot of defenses with their picks and 2 man games. Taylor is a phenomenal player but it frustrates me when she goes down immediately when she is touched inside the 8. LaLiberty looked out of sorts and she got unlucky with a couple of shots that hit her stick but ended up in the net. NU just lacked tenacity and drive in the end, and you could see Penn State was pumped up for the entire game.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:11 am

No, I started where you started; 3-3 in the late part of the First. I thought Taylor, Holmes and Amonte kind of didn't show up when NUneeded someone other than Batman and Robin. Halpern kid is tough as nails.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can anyone tell me what hash(es) the three missed FPSs by NU were from?
Gotta have those.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:55 am Can anyone tell me what hash(es) the three missed FPSs by NU were from?
Gotta have those.
Working my way through the game D, I'll get back to you on that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks. Put a couple more of those in and there's your ballgame.
See a couple of pretty good players missed 'em too.
Good saves or not well placed shots?
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:13 am Thanks. Put a couple more of those in and there's your ballgame.
See a couple of pretty good players missed 'em too.
Good saves or not well placed shots?

3rd attempt hit the post
DMac

Post by DMac »

That first one has to be in....everything but the goal on that one (ballgame).
Nice D on the second one, still gets a pretty good shot off. Misses the cage.
Third one not from prime real estate, that's a pretty nice play and shot though,
If it's on cage it's in.
GK doesn't have to make a save on any of those shots.
Much appreciated, thanks.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:12 am That first one has to be in....everything but the goal on that one (ballgame).
Nice D on the second one, still gets a pretty good shot off. Misses the cage.
Third one not from prime real estate, that's a pretty nice play and shot though,
If it's on cage it's in.
GK doesn't have to make a save on any of those shots.
Much appreciated, thanks.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Looks like Nicolas’s starting job is now open for UNC. She left the game vs. Syracuse for Harrison late and now after allowing 5 first quarter goals, Harrison has been out in the net instead. Would love to see Nelson too.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Pleasant sight after looking outside in Cuse (lotta snow overnight and today) and after watching the downpour at the Clemson-ND game yesterday, looks like pretty nice weather for the Va-Cuse game. Not liking the sight of the scoreboard though, 2-0 Va 4 min in.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:10 pm Pleasant sight after looking outside in Cuse (lotta snow overnight and today) and after watching the downpour at the Clemson-ND game yesterday, looks like pretty nice weather for the Va-Cuse game. Not liking the sight of the scoreboard though, 2-0 Va 4 min in.
Snow and freezing rain here in NH. Charlottesville looks nice today, except for the fact that Syracuse is not exactly meeting the moment here. 4-1 UVA.

Can we see Adamson in the draw circle please?
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

Lehigh up 2-0 with Loyola goalie Spence making 5 straight saves. Shots 7-1 Lehigh. The weather playing insane factor against Loyola. They have 7 turnovers in the first quarter.
16-3 final my guess. Loyola
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:10 pm Pleasant sight after looking outside in Cuse (lotta snow overnight and today) and after watching the downpour at the Clemson-ND game yesterday, looks like pretty nice weather for the Va-Cuse game. Not liking the sight of the scoreboard though, 2-0 Va 4 min in.
5-2 now. Cuse scores after a long drought.
Said it before - think Cuse goalie overated
UVA looks full of energy.
Cuse not too much. For now anyway
OuttaNowhereWregget

Maddy Baxter. What a smooth player. That was a RIP for her 2nd and Orange now down by 2.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

flushlax77 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:20 am Two unreal games tonight!

Notre Dame is VERY lucky. The officiating crew was extremely kind to them. Watching the replay of them chopping the stick out of the defenders hands and scoring a goal has to be one of the worst no calls of the year. The Tigers didn’t get the shooting space calls that the Irish did either. Outstanding game to watch. #10 & #20 will be fun to follow over the next few years.

What to make of this Penn State team? Barely beating Lehigh and Cornell to taking down #1. Something feels off about this NW team (I know there are injuries but seems like they are really missing Rhatihan from last year. O’Neil is so good and glad to see her get a moment to shine. She’s been great since she’s been in Happy Valley.
For me, it comes down to a couple things.

1) NW doesn't know who their 6th and 7th defenders are. Never seen this many subs at defense from KAH. Clearly sammy white is missed. She gave Cumberland and Welsh some minutes on D and it didn't go well for either.

2) the lack of a dodger from X is a problem. When defense doesn't have to worry about a crease roll, anyone is easier to defense. I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy ends up playing at X at some point in season.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Give Syracuse credit. They're fighting back nicely. Slowing the Cavs down noticeably.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

Deacon022 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:21 pm Lehigh up 2-0 with Loyola goalie Spence making 5 straight saves. Shots 7-1 Lehigh. The weather playing insane factor against Loyola. They have 7 turnovers in the first quarter.
Order restored. Lehigh back to turning it over every time they get the ball in the offensive zone just like all year. They have to have the most turnovers in the offensive zone. 5 straight by Loyola. About to be 6.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Stella Harrison has 6 saves and 4 GA in 1& 1/2 quarters after replacing Nicolas. Playing Northwestern on Monday, would it be smart for Harrison to start instead of Nicolas who had 5 GA and 0 saves in one quarter.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Deacon022 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:38 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:21 pm Lehigh up 2-0 with Loyola goalie Spence making 5 straight saves. Shots 7-1 Lehigh. The weather playing insane factor against Loyola. They have 7 turnovers in the first quarter.
Order restored. Lehigh back to turning it over every time they get the ball in the offensive zone just like all year. They have to have the most turnovers in the offensive zone. 5 straight by Loyola. About to be 6.
I watched he Penn State game. I think 3 Lehigh attackers had 13 turnovers. 😳. Loyola should win that game 25-5.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”