Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

51percentcorn wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:51 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:17 am I still think he’s gone.

And you can thank Kelton Black’s mom for that.
Wow - someone finally made a specific reference to the 'incident". I disagree Wombat - that was in the fall of 2012 - 7 years ago. If Daniels and/or Ms. Shanahan wanted him gone they would have orchestrated it long before now. He received an extension in between then and now. I remain convinced that ultimately any decision takes into account the input of the people who really matter - the successful lacrosse alumni who pay for the Playstation 4's in the locker room - i.e., Cordish, Townsend, Cowan etc. If they want him to stay - and he wants to stay - then he stays. If they are in the camp that better can be done then it seems plausible this could be his last rodeo at Hopkins. I have no idea - FWIW - my one credible source - the one who told me me Dominic will not matriculate at Hopkins - thinks Petro stays.
Yikes, how did I miss the "incident"???

My son played with and against Kelton in HS, so this just caught my eye.

Back in the ole LP days it was deemed off limits to share certain aspects of what goes down in certain programs, unless it hit the public press, so perhaps this was something folks knew but got scrubbed too fast for the rest of us to catch?

Not necessarily related to the above post and any predictions about Dave's tenure, Joe Cowan has a grandson committed to Hopkins from BL.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

One free weekend will be a new spring alumni game, but no one will be allowed to film.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Joe Cowan let a lot of fans down by having daughters :)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

There is a story there but it wasn’t really public. You either knew or you didn’t but you probably could not get the story on LaxPower in it’s entirety
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

OCanada wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:05 pm Joe Cowan let a lot of fans down by having daughters :)
A grandson who produces 320 points in three years would earn a lot of forgiveness.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Awesome genes. Guess he got them in large measure
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:09 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:05 pm Joe Cowan let a lot of fans down by having daughters :)
A grandson who produces 320 points in three years would earn a lot of forgiveness.
Gonna be tough to do as an SSDM
jhu06 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:28 pm Towson, MSM, and michigan should be wins. Who wants to rate each of the other 4 games in terms of likelihood of Hopkins winning?
Not going to predict individual games four months away but you'd hope to go 2-2 over that stretch. You've got to beat one of the two ACC teams at home. And based on last year this team is obviously not going to fear Maryland. Penn State is another story, IMO.
DMac

Post by DMac »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:14 am
priya31 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:13 am Excellent thread..!!!
Meh. It could use more cats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX0UAGo-rxU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwPrdjCFXSI
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Wow - someone finally made a specific reference to the 'incident". I disagree Wombat - that was in the fall of 2012 - 7 years ago. If Daniels and/or Ms. Shanahan wanted him gone they would have orchestrated it long before now. He received an extension in between then and now. I remain convinced that ultimately any decision takes into account the input of the people who really matter - the successful lacrosse alumni who pay for the Playstation 4's in the locker room - i.e., Cordish, Townsend, Cowan etc. If they want him to stay - and he wants to stay - then he stays. If they are in the camp that better can be done then it seems plausible this could be his last rodeo at Hopkins. I have no idea - FWIW - my one credible source - the one who told me me Dominic will not matriculate at Hopkins - thinks Petro stays.

Back in the ole LP days it was deemed off limits to share certain aspects of what goes down in certain programs, unless it hit the public press, so perhaps this was something folks knew but got scrubbed too fast for the rest of us to catch?

Not necessarily related to the above post and any predictions about Dave's tenure, Joe Cowan has a grandson committed to Hopkins from BL.
you'd miss the water when falling off the dock..............head in the clouds and all....
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:51 am

you'd miss the water when falling off the dock..............head in the clouds and all....
Always good to hear from you fatty. :roll:
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:37 am

golf........or fish.......not computer......you're in Florida, rite? raining?

GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY.......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:43 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:37 am

golf........or fish.......not computer......you're in Florida, rite? raining?

GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY.......
Nope. Baltimore. Cold but clear, got a bunch of outside work to do today.

How about just answering the question for once without all the snide stuff.
I asked for clarification of the above referenced "incident" that some appear to know about.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

2021 Middie made an impression.

“Sam Teachout, M, Dallas Jesuit (Tex.) / Iron Horse | Johns Hopkins. A tough, downhill right-handed midfielder who is physically tough to stop. He’s always been described as having a high ceiling, and he still appears on that trajectory with more and more offensive touch.“

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/amp/muls ... ssion=true
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Oh, sorry, I thought your wrote that you were in Florida.

Has Hopkins evah played in Florida? They must have, at some point in its long, prestine history. We all know that Hopkins ignores New England, much like it's tail, USlax, but florida? A real game, not exhib/scrimmage.

Why can't Hopkins play BU, Harvard, Providence, Bryant, Brown, UMass, Yale.....up here?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Hoponboard wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:51 am 2021 Middie made an impression.

“Sam Teachout, M, Dallas Jesuit (Tex.) / Iron Horse | Johns Hopkins. A tough, downhill right-handed midfielder who is physically tough to stop. He’s always been described as having a high ceiling, and he still appears on that trajectory with more and more offensive touch.“

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/amp/muls ... ssion=true
This means:

A: His check cleared
B: Parents own nice cars
C: Mom is a looker.......
D: cool socks.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

E. All of the above
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

DALaxDad wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:32 am E. All of the above
But most importantly, C.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

They played a game in Houston but I don’t think they ever played a game in FL. They played Yale and Harvard when they would go to FL. Maybe Harvard wasn’t on a FL trip. They played Brown fir several years . For a number of years they played Cornell and of course Cuse and Albany.

Travel time and expense probably has a lot to do with it as well as open slots on the schedule with conference games leaving not a lot of room to schedule outside long standing teams.

They took lacrosse to Japan and Russia.
Last edited by OCanada on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Did any of them play lacrosse?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I don’t know.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”