2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by admin »

Getting a JR who had 22 Points as a sophomore with the 11th Pick is crazy. No way the freshman class is so good that he should be around.

NJLaxx11
Brendan Gleason A SR Notre Dame
Nick Garofano SO A Army
Philip Robertson JR A Princeton
Reilly Walsh M JR Duke
Brad Smith SR M Duke

UK Lax Friday, 12-Oct
ohmilax34 13-Oct
PA Talk 14-Oct

Even with UK's abysmal performance in 2018 and, as a consequence, relatively high draft pick, he should not have so many good options. I want to suggest supplemental picks for everyone who has already picked already and then UK can go.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Uklax wrote:Also all 4 of these top five picks of mine are still available so now i've got a mega decision! very tough!
At least 3 of your original top 5 picks should be Defenses.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Uklax wrote:
Uklax wrote:
OCanada wrote:So just for bandwidth sake who might they be????? :D
I'll just say this, knowing i would never get epstein because he is just toooo good to stay in the draft that long (and therefore he wasn't in my top 5 picks) the only top 5 pick of mine to go is chase Scan (he was no.1 though).... 1 middy, 2 att/mid and an attackman still out there. Beyond that cya
Also all 4 of these top five picks of mine are still available so now i've got a mega decision! very tough!
I think I'm pretty much settled on my pick if he's available Saturday. I wonder if he's in your top 5. We will see....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

UK, your top 5 picks only included 1 of:

Joey Epstein FR A JHU
Joe Robertson SO A Duke
Chris Connolly SO A Umass

Epstein you already explained. you knew you'd never get him. the same for the 3 missed picks in 2018?
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

admin wrote:UK, your top 5 picks only included 1 of:

Joey Epstein FR A JHU
Joe Robertson SO A Duke

Epstein you already explained. you knew you'd never get him. the same for the 3 missed picks in 2018?
I include EVERYONE in my draft board. I assume everyone is available, because some picks before me will be head scratchers.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Joey Epstein FR A JHU
Joe Robertson SO A Duke

So my top five does have a middy bias due to the rarity of midfielders that get points.

P. Robertson is too old in his career to be a top 5 pick for me as i've got plenty good junior attackmen

J. Robertson after watching duke play a lot he is good at right place right time but i don't think he generates much offense himself and gutterding is gone so i think his points will drop, but that's a gamble that i'll probs be wrong on.

Connolly was in truth somewhere between 6th and 7th (but second best true attackman on my list) However early doors i think point getting midfielders are more of a commodity as they are rarer..... There is an attackman on the list who i think will be better but i don't need an attackman right now so i may be passing on him agonizingly :cry: .
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote:
Uklax wrote:Also all 4 of these top five picks of mine are still available so now i've got a mega decision! very tough!
At least 3 of your original top 5 picks should be Defenses.

Haha this is true.... but where's the fun in that :P
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmi, agreed. happens every Draft. 8 picks before my turn and I'll have my 5 blue chippers, 10 not-so-blue chippers and 20 far-from-blue-but-i-need-to-pick-someone chippers. I'll be hopeful that I'll get 1 of my blues, 1 of my not-sos, and however many are picks i have left of the far-froms. i'll countdown until the number of my blue chippers is equal to the number of picks until my turn and i'm psyched that i'll get one. Then, sure enough, i get 2 blues, 2-3 not-sos, and however many lefts. people pick players i've never heard of and my list rarely matches other coach's lists. except GCC in the middle rounds: 2nd, 3rd, etc. Consistently ruins my draft. for years i've been looking for a reason to throw him out of the league but can't find that chink in his armor. though i will say this, every season, my blues and not-sos disappear more quickly. i blame the media. and GCC.

8 picks until my turn and i have 5 blues and 15 not-so-blues. we'll see. actually, i'm curious, to those who want to play along, after each pick, which were blue, which were not-so, and which were far-from. Philip Robertson is a blatant blue.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Right. You don't need a 22 Point Junior. Though, a 22 Point Junior is still a Blue. You just have 3 JR attackmen who are even bluer than he is.

Dylan Foulds JR A PSU 23
Austin French A SR Denver 31
Jake Carraway A JR Georgetown 27
Kieren Mullins A JR Rutgers 32
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

UK had 8 (too many) picks last season. I liked 2 of them and *LOVED* one of them.

14 Anthony DeMaio FR A/M UMD
23 Joseph Sessa JR A/M Yale
51 *PRINCETON D*
60 Dylan Foulds SO A PSU
86 Spencer Knife FR M Towson
93 Jesse Leung SO A UMass
109 Brendan Sunday JR A Towson
112 Lucas Wittenberg JR M Georgetown
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

UK, I'm pretty sure Princeton has the core of their D coming back. If you want them, you should probably grab them with your first pick.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote:Right. You don't need a 22 Point Junior. Though, a 22 Point Junior is still a Blue. You just have 3 JR attackmen who are even bluer than he is.

Dylan Foulds JR A PSU 23
Austin French A SR Denver 31
Jake Carraway A JR Georgetown 27
Kieren Mullins A JR Rutgers 32
At no point did i say Robertson isn't fantastic, in fact i complimented the pick straight after... he just isn't top 5, i have only ever been able to get one top 5 pick before and that was Mullins and i knew i'd get him because he wasn't touted, when they get picked i will let you know so you can judge me harshly haha!

I'm very much struggling to decide though....

Haha i had to pick Princeton out of like 5-7 defenses left, there was not much choice, i chose badly still though, i admit!!

And you didn't like Wittenberg at pick 112? surely his pick to points ratio is very high!!
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote:UK had 8 (too many) picks last season. I liked 2 of them and *LOVED* one of them.

14 Anthony DeMaio FR A/M UMD
23 Joseph Sessa JR A/M Yale
51 *PRINCETON D*
60 Dylan Foulds SO A PSU
86 Spencer Knife FR M Towson
93 Jesse Leung SO A UMass
109 Brendan Sunday JR A Towson
112 Lucas Wittenberg JR M Georgetown
Wittenberg got 3 less points last year than your absolute blue blue blue P. robertson (the same as J. Roberston too)..... from midfield!!...... he is offended by your unlike of him hahaha!!! Picked at 112 so no the "robertsons" are not top 5 material :P
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hindsight is 20/20. I'm saying, at the time.
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

admin wrote: With the the 9th Pick, Greenie gets a sophomore with 23 points as a freshman. Pretty ridiculous.
Correction: With the 9th pick, Greenie gets a sophomore with 50 points as a freshman :o 25 goals, 25 assists.
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

ohmilax34 wrote: Predraft roster:
Laviano, Ian UVa
Buckley Lukas OSU (rs jr)
Herring, Mikey UVa
Conrad, Ryan UVa
Lamb, Ryan UVa

Draft pick:
Connolly, Chris, So A UMass
What, there were no UVa freshmen you wanted to draft?[/quote]

Yes, there were! But I couldn't resist the known-quantity pointmaker. I'm hoping there will be a few left :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Uklax wrote:

Joey Epstein FR A JHU
Joe Robertson SO A Duke

So my top five does have a middy bias due to the rarity of midfielders that get points.

P. Robertson is too old in his career to be a top 5 pick for me as i've got plenty good junior attackmen

J. Robertson after watching duke play a lot he is good at right place right time but i don't think he generates much offense himself and gutterding is gone so i think his points will drop, but that's a gamble that i'll probs be wrong on.

Connolly was in truth somewhere between 6th and 7th (but second best true attackman on my list) However early doors i think point getting midfielders are more of a commodity as they are rarer..... There is an attackman on the list who i think will be better but i don't need an attackman right now so i may be passing on him agonizingly :cry: .
Kind of like Jack Bruckner.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

greenielax wrote:Correction: With the 9th pick, Greenie gets a sophomore with 50 points as a freshman :o 25 goals, 25 assists.
23 Fantasy Points
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

So after much debating I still couldn’t decide between my top 4 and so I had my girlfriend draw it out of a hat and so my girlfriends first ever draft pick is:

Matt Brandau A Fr Yale

Yes I need a midfielder more but fate has spoken and secretly I love it’s choice, he’s my favourite player in the freshman class and with TD irelan facing off for Yale ooo baby

Ps yes I’m a wuss for not picking my own draft
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hmm well you were never going to enable my first choices.

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”