Nike Signs Kaep

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: Nike Signs Kaep

Post by njbill »

Nigel wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:15 pm The Cheaters and the Bucs look like they swing both ways.
Bob Kraft has now been caught in a bathhouse?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

njbill wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:22 pm
Nigel wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:15 pm The Cheaters and the Bucs look like they swing both ways.
Bob Kraft has now been caught in a bathhouse?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10 ... bert-kraft :oops:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Four Years After Colin Kaepernick Kneeled, NFL Quarterbacks Are Starting To Speak Out

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/fo ... speak-out/

Kaepernick said he knew there would be repercussions — though few could have predicted exactly how far-reaching they would be. His protest started a movement, shone a spotlight on police brutality at the forefront of the national conversation and touched off a war between the NFL and President Trump. It also cost Kaepernick a career that had once been among the most promising we’d ever seen. But his protests might not have been in vain: Although the recent killings of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd are further proof that systemic racism is no closer to extinction now than it was four years ago, the reaction has been notably different this time — in terms of who is speaking out.

Good of QBs and other NFL players to do so. Interestingly, athletes from all over the world are doing the same. The spotlight on the USA but not in the way some NFL owners and others may want. These truths may not please Peter Brown but that's too d@mn bad.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Looks like Kaepernick saying the quiet Democrat part out loud:

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/i ... n-of-white

Democrats do not like America. How often do they need to tell you?!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:04 pm Four Years After Colin Kaepernick Kneeled, NFL Quarterbacks Are Starting To Speak Out

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/fo ... speak-out/

Kaepernick said he knew there would be repercussions — though few could have predicted exactly how far-reaching they would be. His protest started a movement, shone a spotlight on police brutality at the forefront of the national conversation and touched off a war between the NFL and President Trump. It also cost Kaepernick a career that had once been among the most promising we’d ever seen. But his protests might not have been in vain: Although the recent killings of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd are further proof that systemic racism is no closer to extinction now than it was four years ago, the reaction has been notably different this time — in terms of who is speaking out.

Good of QBs and other NFL players to do so. Interestingly, athletes from all over the world are doing the same. The spotlight on the USA but not in the way some NFL owners and others may want. These truths may not please Peter Brown but that's too d@mn bad.

… Trump is now claiming that he will commission a "Hero's garden" (or some such thing) to honor yada yada. I think it would be poetic justice if Kaepernick were the first one placed in the garden. :lol: I am sure this is all just ear wash for his zombies, but maybe the next president can run with the idea. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:47 pm Looks like Kaepernick saying the quiet Democrat part out loud:

Yes, Pete, we must all conform, and follow our government leaders without question. Having different ideas offends you.

We get it, comrade. What did you call your fellow Americans who conform, don't make waves, and follow the government herd? Oh, right---"the normals".

You have a funny idea as to what America is all about, I'll give you that.....Happy 4th!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:47 pm Looks like Kaepernick saying the quiet Democrat part out loud:

Peter Brown = modern day McCarthy

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:28 pm

Yes, Pete, we must all conform, and follow our government leaders without question. Having different ideas offends you.

We get it, comrade. What did you call your fellow Americans who conform, don't make waves, and follow the government herd? Oh, right---"the normals".

You have a funny idea as to what America is all about, I'll give you that.....Happy 4th!
Isn't it great that Collin saved his remarks for the 4th of July. Make all Americans doubt the kind of country they live in. Good stuff.

Someone should show Collin the streets of Hong Kong where citizens are risking life in prison waving "American" flags in the face of their Chi Com oppressors.

In that article there's a great quote from your Presidential candidate. A guy that's been in power in Washingtonn for nearly 5 decades.

Other prominent figures have used their Fourth of July messages to address racism, including presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. who said the U.S. "never lived up to" the promise that all men are created equal.

“We have a chance to rip the roots of systemic racism out of this country,” Biden said. “We have a chance to live up to the words that founded this nation.”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:33 am

Isn't it great that Collin saved his remarks for the 4th of July. Make all Americans doubt the kind of country they live in. Good stuff.

Someone should show Collin the streets of Hong Kong where citizens are risking life in prison waving "American" flags in the face of their Chi Com oppressors.

In that article there's a great quote from your Presidential candidate. A guy that's been in power in Washingtonn for nearly 5 decades.

Other prominent figures have used their Fourth of July messages to address racism, including presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. who said the U.S. "never lived up to" the promise that all men are created equal.

“We have a chance to rip the roots of systemic racism out of this country,” Biden said. “We have a chance to live up to the words that founded this nation.”

One of the ironies of American political life is the only systemic racism left in America is overseen by Democratic mayors in urban cities. They won’t even allow school choice because teacher union cash means more to the DNC than solving unequal economic outcomes.
runrussellrun

SLAVES & nike

Post by runrussellrun »

Why do YOU hate America?

Is there something wrong with buying American made handguns? Why don't you like my Karh, AMERICAN made, handgun?

The pretends scream RACISM......while the slaves stay slaves.

Any one wearing slave made shoeware, or clothing, and protesting "racism" first. is a fool. That will change NOTHING.

I am going to spend this coming week visiting job sites, to form a "union", if you will. Fine, you want to hire illegals/undocumented. You better be paying them at least, $15 an hour. What, you're not? Call the IRS. They care about illegals, not paying taxes. this happens by people like me, everyday.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I thought BLM was about the best traditions of “America”?

Why are they burning the American flag?

https://twitter.com/venturareport/statu ... 14656?s=21
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Democrats told me it ‘isn’t about disrespecting the flag’? Hmmm.

When they burn the American flag, is it still not about disrespecting the flag?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:43 am

It now appears its about disrespecting the whole country and the white people in it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:04 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:43 am

It now appears its about disrespecting the whole country and the white people in it.

The funny thing is, it's mostly white people doing the flag-burning and statue-toppling; Colin is half white and was raised by white parents. This is a paid gig for him is all. What they are ultimately are Democrats. They do not like America and they do not like its freedoms.

Normal people have jobs to do and bills to pay, they're too busy with woke virtue signalling.
a fan

Post by a fan »

So you, too, think our government is perfect, and doesn't need any fixing whatsoever?

I'll check back with you about five minutes after a D is in the White House again. "Suddenly", you'll be all good with criticizing our government 24/7.

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:33 am In that article there's a great quote from your Presidential candidate. A guy that's been in power in Washingtonn for nearly 5 decades.

Yep. Biden's been part of the problem. So you DO agree that government isn't perfect, and needs fixing when we're talking about little D's.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:39 pm

So you, too, think our government is perfect, and doesn't need any fixing whatsoever?

I'll check back with you about five minutes after a D is in the White House again. "Suddenly", you'll be all good with criticizing our government 24/7.

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:33 am In that article there's a great quote from your Presidential candidate. A guy that's been in power in Washingtonn for nearly 5 decades.

Yep. Biden's been part of the problem. So you DO agree that government isn't perfect, and needs fixing when we're talking about little D's.
Koepernik said NOTHING about government.

He said "YOUR WHITE SUPREMACIST NATION." Thats you and me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:49 pm

“Kaepernick”
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:52 pm

“Kaepernick”
Who gives a sh*t.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:52 pm

“Kaepernick”
Who gives a sh*t.
My guess is she does:

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ike any hot woman, she’s the one who drove him towards his political stance form what I can tell.

One fair question I think should be considered w Kap is:

Is it ok for a private business owner to avoid hiring a person who’s not critical and certainly replaceable If it’s clear said employee will likely be a distraction and potentially be a net negative to a trans performance?

I applaud the stance he took and his willingness to give up his career which was already at best as a good backup until he started suing and complaining about losing the job. Protests come with consequences sometimes. LeBron James can say whatever and every team would still sell their mother out to sign him, but Kap just wasn’t good enough anymore to justify the related probably costs to the teams performance, having cameras and excessive news up their backside.

I support the guy but don’t support the idea he has to be hired. Wouldn’t mind the antitrust exemption for sports going away. Stupid IMO and this league that setup and failed recently (AAF?) wasn’t bad product in the few games I saw, so I’d like to see that happen but until they are required to play by the rules of every other business (sort of these days, antitrust/monopolies don’t seem To be of importance in our country anymore) I don’t think anyone should be forced to hire him just because he’s better than the worst second string QB in the league.

(stats say Kap was below Replacement level After that one magical year they got beat by the better Harbaugh)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”