2023 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Leonard Washington

Re: 2023 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

Post by Leonard Washington »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ent-/61392

Keep in mind it is Inside Lacrosse 8-)
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Who is in and who is out? Will know in a couple of hours. How does RIT and Salisbury stack up against the Jumbos? Anyone see the three of them play this year?
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:28 pm Who is in and who is out? Will know in a couple of hours. How does RIT and Salisbury stack up against the Jumbos? Anyone see the three of them play this year?
Here are my picks for the 10 at large
Salisbury
CNU
Union
Middlebury
Amherst
Gettysburg
Swarthmore
Lynchburg
Kenyon
Williams

The 8 home games

1.Tufts
2. Salisbury
3. RIT
4. Dickinson
5. Middlebury
6. Cnu
7. W&L
8. York
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:01 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:28 pm Who is in and who is out? Will know in a couple of hours. How does RIT and Salisbury stack up against the Jumbos? Anyone see the three of them play this year?
Here are my picks for the 10 at large
Salisbury
CNU
Union
Middlebury
Amherst
Gettysburg
Swarthmore
Lynchburg
Kenyon
Williams

The 8 home games

1.Tufts
2. Salisbury
3. RIT
4. Dickinson
5. Middlebury
6. Cnu
7. W&L
8. York
Will Union jump above RPI and Clarkson in the regional rankings given they made the Liberty final?

Also, is Gettysburg on the wrong side of the bubble if Centennial gets only two bids total. If three then they should be good.

I would love to see Kenyon but will the NCAC get only the AQ?

With all this though I don't see a bunch of teams in positions to swap in.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Leonard Washington

BallHunt wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:35 pm Also, is Gettysburg on the wrong side of the bubble if Centennial gets only two bids total. If three then they should be good.
Bullets are in. Book it!
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Leonard Washington wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:46 pm
BallHunt wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:35 pm Also, is Gettysburg on the wrong side of the bubble if Centennial gets only two bids total. If three then they should be good.
Bullets are in. Book it!
Hope you are right 👍...
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Leonard Washington wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:46 pm
Bullets are in. Book it!
I agree. Once you get past the teams I listed, the resumes get shakey. And Gettysburg has some solid wins.
Leonard Washington

Brackets will be released on NCAA.com at 930 EST
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

Tufts’ tournament to lose. theyll beat Salisbury in the chip 15-8. Book it
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Some first weekend matchups I am keeping an eye on:
1. York vs. Cabrini - think York wins this one but potential for a great game
2. Williams vs. babson - regular season rematch of a one goal game
3. Stevens/Kenyon vs Dickinson - stevens played Dickinson tight for a half earlier in the year. If they can get past Kenyon which I expect them to do, potential to play them tight
viper

Post by viper »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:52 am Some first weekend matchups I am keeping an eye on:
3. Stevens/Kenyon vs Dickinson - stevens played Dickinson tight for a half earlier in the year. If they can get past Kenyon which I expect them to do, potential to play them tight
Steven's loss to Dickinson was when they were still "figuring out" the pieces with all the transfers and new class. They have settled in nicely since then so I expect a much tighter game from start to finish. Steven's should also be motivated as it was Dickinson who knocked them out of the tournament last year without too much difficulty. If they can get their share of the face offs and limit their penalties I think they can get past Dickinson.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

viper wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:42 am
HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:52 am Some first weekend matchups I am keeping an eye on:
Steven's loss to Dickinson was when they were still "figuring out" the pieces with all the transfers and new class. They have settled in nicely since then so I expect a much tighter game from start to finish. Steven's should also be motivated as it was Dickinson who knocked them out of the tournament last year without too much difficulty. If they can get their share of the face offs and limit their penalties I think they can get past Dickinson.
Wow just looked at stevens roster and the overhaul from last year where it seemed like they graduated a lot of key players is impressive. I am not sure if they will beat with Dickinson but after doing some research this has to be one of their easiest routes to the second weekend in a while. 2018 had to go through RIT, 2019 snubbed for tournament, 2021 had to beat Lynchburg, 2022 had to win 3 games…
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

A few thoughts on the bracket...

-RIT may have the easiest road to the final four. Compare Williams in round 3 to Salisbury playing Amherst and CNU playing Gettysburg. Then either a Union team that they just smashed, or a Middlebury team that seems to be on the wrong side of their peak at this stage of the season.

-Tufts may have the second easiest road. Round 3 - York has shown they can't compete at the top level this year. QF - Lynchburg will want to avenge their rout at Bello from earlier this year, I think we'll find out quickly that the snow excuse won't hold up.

-Amherst vs. Salisbury might be the most intriguing third round matchup. Amherst has been extremely up and down this season, but they've shown that at their best they can challenge even the mighty Jumbos (at least moreso than anyone else). This will also be the first time SU faces a NESCAC team this year which makes it interesting.

-W&L is the mid-ranked team I'd least want to face in the tournament if I'm one of the top four. They've worked out some of their kinks through the ODAC tourney and are clicking at the right time.
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:02 am A few thoughts on the bracket...

-RIT may have the easiest road to the final four. Compare Williams in round 3 to Salisbury playing Amherst and CNU playing Gettysburg. Then either a Union team that they just smashed, or a Middlebury team that seems to be on the wrong side of their peak at this stage of the season.

-Tufts may have the second easiest road. Round 3 - York has shown they can't compete at the top level this year. QF - Lynchburg will want to avenge their rout at Bello from earlier this year, I think we'll find out quickly that the snow excuse won't hold up.

-Amherst vs. Salisbury might be the most intriguing third round matchup. Amherst has been extremely up and down this season, but they've shown that at their best they can challenge even the mighty Jumbos (at least moreso than anyone else). This will also be the first time SU faces a NESCAC team this year which makes it interesting.

-W&L is the mid-ranked team I'd least want to face in the tournament if I'm one of the top four. They've worked out some of their kinks through the ODAC tourney and are clicking at the right time.
Agreed about RIT. Easy road. I’m not so sure Union even gets by WNE without Peter burnes
viper

Post by viper »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:09 am
viper wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:42 am
Wow just looked at stevens roster and the overhaul from last year where it seemed like they graduated a lot of key players is impressive. I am not sure if they will beat with Dickinson but after doing some research this has to be one of their easiest routes to the second weekend in a while. 2018 had to go through RIT, 2019 snubbed for tournament, 2021 had to beat Lynchburg, 2022 had to win 3 games…
"Easiest" is always a relative term and one that I am sure that Kenyon and Dickinson might take issue with. Having said that, I do agree that this is the best tournament draw that Stevens has had in several years.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I think Salisbury should be a bit ticked off having to face Amherst in the Third Round. In looking at the bracket I think the committee should have swapped Stevens and Amherst. The travel distance would have still been the same and would have rewarded Salisbury a bit more for being the #2 seed.
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

Who do we like in terms of best chance at a first round upset? Give me the golden bears out of WNE to take down Union
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Not certain it would be considered an upset but St. John Fisher beating Lynchburg would not surprise me. Fisher has played a solid schedule and stayed close in many of those games. Lynchburg, who would certainly like to show better than last year's second round exit, is not peaking at the correct time. Another to keep an eye on is Scranton vs Gettysburg. Scranton winning would certainly be an upset but I think is a winnable game for them.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

Give me Cabrini over York

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”