All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote:I would say so what? CC/GW is about what you choose to to believe. How would Exxon have a responsibility to report to their shareholders facts that don't believe to be true? IMO they could share the info or not. Especially if they believe the science to be extremely flawed especially since this goes back to the 70's when global freezing was the theory of the day.
A fact has to be true, by definition.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote:I would say so what? CC/GW is about what you choose to to believe. How would Exxon have a responsibility to report to their shareholders facts that don't believe to be true? IMO they could share the info or not. Especially if they believe the science to be extremely flawed especially since this goes back to the 70's when global freezing was the theory of the day.
Like.....there IS a god? That kind of "fact"
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
No.

A fact is a fact. Period....by definition. Anything less than a fact, isn't a fact.....by definition. What is so hard about that?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

foreverlax wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
No.

A fact is a fact. Period....by definition. Anything less than a fact, isn't a fact.....by definition. What is so hard about that?
There IS a god? That kind of "fact".... I thought that was called faith?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
No.

Re-read your insurance policies
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
No.

Re-read your insurance policies
Life, health, auto, home, DI, LTC....which one and what am I looking for?? :o
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

All of them. More pressing issue, why hasn't the legal/insurance world removed "act of god" language and changed it to "man made climate change"
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

HaHa....great question, no answer.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

well there have been a LOT of "facts" over time, that aren't true:

Earth is flat
Fire/Earth/Water are the basic elements
One race is better than another....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Touche!!
How would Exxon have a responsibility to report to their shareholders facts that don't believe to be true?
I was being a bit of a dick in my response above....but a fact is still a fact, until proven its not. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
No.

There is no fact when discussing CC/GW What is the end result of alleged man made climate change? Is it the end of the world or is it an insignificant blip on the climate radar? No one knows what the freak it means, but it seems like some of you gullible folks keep believing in the end of days scenario. I tip my hat to Exxon for telling the CC/GW freak circus to go eff themselves. headbang1 Those idiots at the UN have given us the latest timetable... 12 years and we are toast... spend a gazzilion dollars and let the UN handle the money... you CC/GW folks are a bunch of chumps. You are welcome at my poker table any time... dealers choice quarter/half betting 3 bump limit. Bring all those quarters you have been saving in your change jars. :D So if the end of the world doesn't happen in the next 12 years will you folks FINALLY admit you don't know what the earth is doing and finally STFU and go away. No that would be too simple... your bs1 predictions will keep going in 12 year increments until all of us here are dead and gone. Planet earth will still do what it will do despite what all of you say. The stupidity, ignorance and arrogance of any human being that thinks we can change what the earth will do. clock1
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Haven't visited in a while. Glad to see I haven't missed anything. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Sure you did. You missed much....... Just after Columbus day, tRump signed the "Save our Seas" act. Passed thru Congress this summer. With ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMJbwesyVcQ

It was all over the news, this GOOD news. Washignton Post all over it. Yeah....yeah.....all he did was RE-authorize....
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:Sure you did. You missed much....... Just after Columbus day, tRump signed the "Save our Seas" act. Passed thru Congress this summer. With ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMJbwesyVcQ

It was all over the news, this GOOD news. Washignton Post all over it. Yeah....yeah.....all he did was RE-authorize....

BFD. Can't believe money is headed to NOAA

The bill has two primary components:

It calls on the Executive Branch to get the U.S. State Department more engaged in addressing marine debris. The State Department would do this by working directly with countries that have been identified as significant sources of ocean plastic. This process will help open a dialogue about potential solutions, including waste management infrastructure, to reduce trash leaking into the marine environment. Not only is Congress recognizing the marine debris problem is global in nature but they are also recognizing that the State Department has an important role to play to make a meaningful reduction in the amount of trash flowing into our ocean.

It reauthorizes NOAA’s Marine Debris Program for five years at a maximum of $10 million per year. This is important because as the federal budget continues to be squeezed, programs are being pitted against each other for limited funding. While many federal programs operate with expired Congressional authorizations and still receive appropriated funds, a program that has specifically been reauthorized by Congress is more likely to be prioritized for funding during the annual Federal budget process. In short, being authorized by Congress is a clear signal that your program is a priority and is likely to be protected from budget cuts.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Oceans are much warmer much deeper than we knew. Carry on.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

The FlatEarthers think they are on there way to victory. Funded by Tom Steyers fossil fuel billions, the laughable lawsuit against the Obama administration (not tRump, as reported ) will be so easily ended by the Supreme court. Our Childrens Trust is gilly with glee that the Supremes will "hear" its case. Think wolf dressed like grandma in Hanzel grettel......so welcoming the Supremes are.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... instUS.pdf

The lawsuit, while maybe leading to its day in court, is more like that bridge to nowhere. In the microscopic data temp and "extreme weather" record keeping of less than 200 years, the earths AVERAGE , on an ANNUAL basis, increase of 4-5 degrees mean catastrophic ends? Please.

But, why is this global warming sheep to slaughter so laughable? Because every single thing the "plaintiffs" claims is easily debunked.

Take, for example, plaintiffs Avery M's claim that there was NO snow at Clear Lake, from 2013 thru 2015

42. Climate change caused by Defendants has reduced snowpack levels in Oregon,
negatively impacting Avery’s enjoyment of winter activities and the future availability of
drinking water for her and her family. Every winter, Avery takes a trip with her family to Clear
Lake, where she enjoys snowshoeing and sledding. These winter activities were not possible
from 2013-2015 due to lack of snow

This is a complete lie. It's bullshiites. Float over this historic link of snowpack at Clear Lake. Oopss......snow.

https://snoflo.org/report/snow/oregon/c ... e/history/

While the nearby (to clear lake ) HooDoo Ski mountain did indeed close for the 2014-15 season, but, HooDoo often is fickle, being is a strange snowbelt and low elevation. BUT, while it was closed for most of two ski seasons, it DID snow during those winters. And....oopps.....HooDoo got 251 inches of snow in the 16-17 season, but only getting 172 inches last ski season (17-18)

https://www.onthesnow.com/oregon/hoodoo ... y=0&q=snow

Oh....and plaintiff Sophie K, scaremonger Jim Hansens granddaughter.......her plaintiffs claims are hillaryous. Can't grow a garden b/c the bees are gone? Nope, THAT has nothing to do with nasty pesticides. Have a friend that lives in the same town as her. (Allentown, PA ) Her complaints are nonsense as his family bike rides and laxbro's the tourneys all summer long.

poor lil plaintiff Victoria B. White Plain, NY schools must suck so bad she had to travel all the way to Manhatten for HIGH school. Yup, White Plains has ALWAYS been in a low lying low elevation icon_puke

In short.....don't see a lot of "science" in this lawsuit. Scietific classification has NAMES for climates. What climate is Maryland changing too? exactly

What's the DAILY temperature swing in YOUR town today? I got about a 24 degree temperature drop in less than 24 hours.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

In twelve short years we will be toast so it won't matter anyway... clock1 Time is running short. We had best send those kazillion dollars to the environmental Nazis so they can save the world. Redistribution of wealth is the key to it all. bs1 They are saving the world in 12 year increments of predictions of the end of the world. Of course in 12 years they just press the reset button and tell us we only have 12 more years and so on and so on and so on... Kinda like an environmental whack jobs version of groundhog day.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”