THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
dense

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by dense »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote:Who are we missing here?

HOB and I discussed this at the Alumni Game.

Ruffled Feathers
CC

Who else? I’m drawing a big blank.
New England Patriots
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I'm here. Just not much to say.

Thanks for the video HOB.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

jhu72 wrote:I'm here. Just not much to say.

Do you have the offspring onboard?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

dense wrote:
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote:Who are we missing here?

HOB and I discussed this at the Alumni Game.

Ruffled Feathers
CC

Who else? I’m drawing a big blank.
New England Patriots
I’m self moderating here, and your post caused me to say a very bad word.
NOVALax2015

Post by NOVALax2015 »

Per Ty Xanders:
No. 1 junior Brennan O'Neill, A, St. Anthony's (N.Y.) / @team91lacrosse has flipped from @PennStateMLAX to @DukeMLAX. I spoke with the 6'2, 235-pound generational talent about his decision to become a Blue Devil...

Damn.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

That move has been in the rumor mill for a while now...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

NOVALax2015 wrote:Per Ty Xanders:
No. 1 junior Brennan O'Neill, A, St. Anthony's (N.Y.) / @team91lacrosse has flipped from @PennStateMLAX to @DukeMLAX. I spoke with the 6'2, 235-pound generational talent about his decision to become a Blue Devil...

Damn.
Would rather have him on Duke than in the same conference where we'd have to play him every year at least once and possibly up to 3 times.

Don't think Hop was ever considered especially with Grimes recently committing here. The Jays 2020 class is already very strong.
NOVALax2015

Post by NOVALax2015 »

HopFan16 wrote:

Damn.
Would rather have him on Duke than in the same conference where we'd have to play him every year at least once and possibly up to 3 times.

Don't think Hop was ever considered especially with Grimes recently committing here. The Jays 2020 class is already very strong.
Can't argue your logic regarding conference play, but being a fan oftentimes means suspending logic and Duke has been such a thorn in our side.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

It’s too bad Hopkins missed out on O’Neill. Would have been a great replacement for Williams.

Senior Jake Fox projected as top ten pick in next years NLL draft
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... 2021/53181
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Damn.
Generational talent?
Has it been a generation since Mike?
I'm getting old.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

flalax22 wrote:It’s too bad Hopkins missed out on O’Neill. Would have been a great replacement for Williams.

Senior Jake Fox projected as top ten pick in next years NLL draft
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... 2021/53181
Brendan Grimes is a great replacement for Williams.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Not to mention, as good as O'Neill is, he and Grimes have somewhat redundant skill sets as big lefty wing dodgers. As much as I'm sure the staff would have loved to have O'Neill, the chances of him coming to Hop after Grimes committed here were slim to none. If he were a local kid I might be a little jealous if he went somewhere else, but he's from Long Island. Duke recruits from there better than anyone. The articles are saying he was choosing between Duke and Notre Dame and also visited Virginia so it sounds like it was ACC or bust. Perhaps he didn't want to slap PSU in the face even further by switching to a conference rival. Or perhaps we were never in consideration to begin with. Either way, Petro and co. have done very well to get Grimes on board.

Schedule announcement should be coming pretty soon. Last year's was on Oct. 24.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

44WeWantMore wrote:

Damn.
Generational talent?
Has it been a generation since Mike?
I'm getting old.
Galasso was generational too....why put that label on a player....my guess is Ty has been watching too much NY Giant football and this talk about Barkley being a generational talent. O'Neill is a good prospect. We will see how it holds for two more years of high school.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Hey Fellas 3:)

Grimes has Ryan Brown sniping potential and I'm always a fan of picking up local superstars.

I guess I should start to get pumped about Epstein, but just haven't gotten there yet.

Albany's kind of falling apart, but anything can happen from there.

Thanks for the vid HOB.

Hopes you guys are all doing well, the countdown begins clock1
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat missing O'Neill since you got Grimes. Of course, Syracuse has two lefty attackmen coming in that year that look great in Russ Maher and Camden Hay, so I'm pretty happy about that.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote:
jhu72 wrote:I'm here. Just not much to say.

Do you have the offspring onboard?
Yes.

Been watching a lot of BIG Tournament replays lately. Turnbaugh really had an amazing career, the ups and downs, his ability to bounce back. Eric Schneider as well, but Turnbaugh really more so. I just don't get it. Guys with such clear demonstrated ability -- why does it take Hopkins 3 years (and in Schneider's case more) to bring goalies to a point where they live up to their potential. I would have though the addition of Quinn after the Schneider experience would have changed the situation. But it clearly did not. Starting with Jesse, there has been a lot more up and down from week to week than I ever recall in earlier times; and unfortunately more down than up. Previously it really was pretty much next man up, no problem. Goal tending was solid far more often than not, not as much variability. I don't think this is just statistics. I think there has been a strong signal the program has been doing something wrong. But what? Has it been fixed?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
NOVALax2015

Post by NOVALax2015 »

ohmilax34 wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't sweat missing O'Neill since you got Grimes. Of course, Syracuse has two lefty attackmen coming in that year that look great in Russ Maher and Camden Hay, so I'm pretty happy about that.
Hold off on that happy dance.
Per Ty Xander: No. 15 junior Russell Maher, A, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.) / @ExpressLacrosse has flipped from Syracuse to Virginia.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

NOVALax2015 wrote:
ohmilax34 wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't sweat missing O'Neill since you got Grimes. Of course, Syracuse has two lefty attackmen coming in that year that look great in Russ Maher and Camden Hay, so I'm pretty happy about that.
Per Ty Xander: No. 15 junior Russell Maher, A, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.) / @ExpressLacrosse has flipped from Syracuse to Virginia.
NOVALax2015

Post by NOVALax2015 »

ohmilax34 wrote:
NOVALax2015 wrote:
Thanks for the laugh, ohmi! Enjoy the weekend!
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

From Twitter: “And we’re off! Inaugural Hopkins Lacrosse Networking trip to NYC! Had to make a @starbucks stop - obviously! Here we go Hop! #bluejaysinthebigapple”

Another recruiting tool for Janine and Petro. Meet up with Hop lax alum enjoying stellar careers on Wall Street.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”