StM
10%
StP
7%

Total votes: 103

thatsmell

Re: MIAA A Conference

Post by thatsmell »

Not surprisingly, for a lot of the MIAA programs they view TODAY as the start of the "real" season, despite many teams having already played 5-6 OOC games and against some very good teams.
This conference is very unique in that it is a true grind. It is fun to watch!
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Today, at the start of the conference season, the Fanlax experts have the following as playoff worthy.
We shall see if they know what they are talking about and how it really pans out:

CHC 22
McD 17
BL 15
Gilly 11
LB 11
SM 10

SP 7
JC 5
Sev 4
AS 1
MSJ 1
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I hadn’t seen this, but it encapsulates today well:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/hig ... ssion=true
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Regardless how the game ends today, hats off to Trey Whitty for his performance at SP. The Cruises are giving MCD all they can handle right now, up 8-5. I think Trey is a phenomenal leader and he has begun to attract kids to play for him that formerly went elsewhere.
laxfan2929

Post by laxfan2929 »

Hats Off to SP heck of a game today at McD!!
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

Any results
Last edited by Juslaxin16 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

StP over MCD
CH over BL
LB over JC
Gilly over Severn
STM over AS
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

12-9 St.Paul’s, what a win for them
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

The “small world” of lacrosse was on display today on Charles Street. There was a nice tribute to a good man who had a lot to do with the Loyola and John Carroll lacrosse programs.

Ed Miller, the first lax coach at Loyola, and longtime John Carroll lax coach and teacher was in attendance and received the royal treatment from the host Dons.

Miller, was a 1947 graduate of Loyola High School and a 1951 graduate of Loyola College. He played lacrosse in college, and he helped start the lacrosse program at Loyola High in 1959 when he taught there.

After Ed left Loyola he coached the JC program shortly after it was founded in 1964 by Jim Long. The beloved Miller has been the driving force behind John Carroll’s popular and well-attended alumni game each spring for the past 46 years. Miller still serves as the John Carroll School archivist and I hear he was an advocate/advisor for the programs’s move back to the A conference.

A truly great day for lacrosse and fraternity!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

This week:

Gilman @ MSJ

AS @ Severn
CH @ John Carroll
StM@ St. Paul's
McD @ Loyola Blakefield
Raescreek

Post by Raescreek »

Chc downs JC 15-2 in bel air. Chc was up 12-1 at half and emptied the bench.

Does JC really belong in the A conference? Forget about what they may do in the future. Is it Time the A conference shrinks itself to only include competitive teams?
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

I’ve been saying it since they moved to the A. They don’t belong they should be in the B. Watering down the A does not do anything but give power house teams easy wins. I’m not sure why teams like JC, Spalding, and St.Joe are in the A either. When is the last time either of them made the playoffs or had a winning conference record?
Redman

Post by Redman »

JC dominated the "B" for a number of years, so I don't know if they belong in "B" either. JC realistically is only going to pull talent from Harford and Cecil counties, which isn't anywhere as deep as the talent in Baltimore county. Also, JC isn't going to pull kids from Towson or other Baltimore county areas not bordering Harford, however, Harford kids will travel to BL, LB, CH, St.P, McD as son on.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Did you watch that game?!! I did. CHC has some monsters! And a 50 kid bench! CHC is one of the best in the nation this year.

JC will be ok when they get some holdbacks too. Tough playing 15 year old sophomores against 19yo juniors.

:lol:
Redman

Post by Redman »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:12 pm Did you watch that game?!! I did. CHC has some monsters! And a 50 kid bench! CHC is one of the best in the nation this year.

JC will be ok when they get some holdbacks too. Tough playing 15 year old sophomores against 19yo juniors.

King plays mostly seniors, don't think many sophomores are on the field. How many times does he rotate the middies in and out?

JC simply will never have the pull to compete against the top programs.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

I’m pretty sure JC wasn’t supposed to jump to the A for a couple more years, but ther hand was forced. B schools didnt want them.

It’s not an overnight process. JC just started recruiting last year. It’s why their JV was able to stay in the B for an extra year.

I imagine some pretty decent harco kids/parents will get tired of driving 45 minutes to be one of 120 laxers at the schools you mentioned with less chance at PT. JC will be ok.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Redman wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:20 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:12 pm Did you watch that game?!! I did. CHC has some monsters! And a 50 kid bench! CHC is one of the best in the nation this year.

King plays mostly seniors, don't think many sophomores are on the field. How many times does he rotate the middies in and out?

JC simply will never have the pull to compete against the top programs.
Never?!! Im not a huge JC fan, but I think that’s wishful thinking from the Baltimore county coaches. I think JC has some potential. JC played a lot of seniors on defense today. But they played a lot of freshman and sophomores at attack and midfield.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Spalding wins in OT vs Severn
DeadPhish

Post by DeadPhish »

Loyola beats McD 10-8
Formerly SemiEliteStatus
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

What’s going on with McD this year. Loss to St. Paul’s and Loyola. This is not the Eagles I thought we would see in 2019.

JC will move back down to the B in another two years. Parents are still going to take the 45 minute drive to put their kids in a good program instead of a team that gets destroyed every game.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”