Syracuse v. Northwestern 3/1/2022 @ 4:00

D1 Womens Lacrosse
tothedraw

Re: Syracuse v. Northwestern 3/1/2022 @ 4:00

Post by tothedraw »

Playing NU, I would limit Coykendal early and get her out of sorts. Then pick Girardi or Gilbert to stifle with quick aggressive double - Gilbert may foul out.
KT has to figure out how to clear besides Sam just running it out an how to get her team to calm down. I'd also run everything through the Tyrell sisters.

Can't quote but yes. That was SU's game to lose at the end.
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Hard fought if not always pretty game. The Refs let them play, which I never have an issue with. Missed call on Gilbert was tough for Cuse but they had a chance to win it with their best player shooting. It took some courage to call 3 seconds at the end of the game, but they were in 3 seconds most of the game and I am sure a good coach reminded the Refs during a key timeout to be on the lookout. Hate to see it end that way, but you live by the three seconds you die by it sometimes. Can’t wait for the rematch in the final four.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Does the B1G Network offer replay?
If so, how do you get to it?
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:22 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:18 pm Has to be considered for one of the best games of the year.

If I am scouting either of these teams, I am uncertain about what to focus on. Both teams showed why they are top teams, both showed flaws.
Neither goalies looks good. def draw played a part. FG worked except they should have made in game adjustment to EH. that last FP was silly ....but Cuse should not have let game get out of hand. They had the win.
NU plays UNC Sunday. Gotta think they will def FG.
Absolutely. Time for Treanor to make some big changes and correct some issues (goalkeeping, clearing, and now draws). Neither the Notre Dame game or this one should've gone to overtime.
DMac

Post by DMac »

For those of the school of good loses, this was a good loss.
Obversely, a good win, too.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Goal tending - clearing being a huge part- is an issue. Frantic doesn't win championships.
I think if SU settles down in cage a lot changes. Give Hower the start and don't change at half, see what happens.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:54 pm For those of the school of good loses, this was a good loss.
Agree to disagree. SU has better players, should not lose to this NU team going forward.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:47 pm Does the B1G Network offer replay?
If so, how do you get to it?
They might replay it in the wee morning hours on cable. If you don’t get BTN Network with your cable provider, and you don’t have YouTube tv, I don’t think there’s another way to see it.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:18 pm Has to be considered for one of the best games of the year.

If I am scouting either of these teams, I am uncertain about what to focus on. Both teams showed why they are top teams, both showed flaws.
Uh, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

I think the national championship may very well be decided according to which team has the LEAST WORST goalie. Maybe Larry is right about the lack of player development at that position. ; ) !
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

tothedraw wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:06 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:54 pm For those of the school of good loses, this was a good loss.
Agree to disagree. SU has better players, should not lose to this NU team going forward.
Cuse had clear momentum coming out of half. Should have stepped on their throat but let them back in.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:16 pm
Cuse had clear momentum coming out of half. Should have stepped on their throat but let them back in.
Exactly. Have to have that killer instinct.
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Not sure how you make that statement. Hard to win if two of those “better players” are not Draw and Goalie. And Cuse best player missed the game winner at the end of regulation, while the clearly inferior NU best player buried hers.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Laxallday wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:31 pm
Not sure how you make that statement. Hard to win if two of those “better players” are not Draw and Goalie. And Cuse best player missed the game winner at the end of regulation, while the clearly inferior NU best player buried hers.
Overall, Cuse has more collective talent (more offensive threats) as a whole than NU does. I think that's what he meant. But you're right, Gilbert and Giradi are definitely the main reasons Northwestern won that game... won't get into the very questionable officiating that favored NU but it is what it is... SU was in the driver's seat, had numerous opportunities to win it and they failed to get it done. Some would even say "choked".
Last edited by laxer12 on Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I think SU has more weapons when on offense, the defense with less subbing in midfield is getting better, give Hower a whole game and the SU circle game is strong when 8 can't control on her own. If the staff can get them to settle down and figure out subbing they are a solid #3.
laxer12 - I'm a "she" 😃
Not surprised the officiating ended up favoring NU - their house and a staff not afraid to be vocal.
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

laxer12 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:40 pm
Overall, Cuse has more collective talent (more offensive threats) as a whole than NU does. I think that's what he meant. But you're right, Gilbert and Giradi are the definitely the main reasons Northwestern won that game... won't get into the very questionable officiating that favored NU but it is what it is... SU was in the driver's seat, had numerous opportunities to win it and they failed to get it done. Some would even say "choked".
I actually agree on the offensive talent. Cuse has more proven scorers. Love the Tyrell sisters and have always appreciated what EH brings to the game. The problem with the analysis is you need to have the ball to win. Cuse won the Senis game by dominating the Draw after Girardi carded out. The Cuse goalies are currently a far cry from last year, maybe that changes. I predicted an NU win earlier today based on draw advantage, which particularly in the 4th qtr proved to be correct. I am not sure a game tomorrow would produce a different result. By the way I am rooting for Treanor big time, really like her but the two weaknesses I point out are hard to overcome.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

tothedraw wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:50 pm
I think SU has more weapons when on offense, the defense with less subbing in midfield is getting better, give Hower a whole game and the SU circle game is strong when 8 can't control on her own. If the staff can get them to settle down and figure out subbing they are a solid #3.
laxer12 - I'm a "she" 😃
Not surprised the officiating ended up favoring NU - their house and a staff not afraid to be vocal.
Oops :? My sincerest apologies.

I completely agree with everything you're saying though. Let Hower be the full-time starter and possibly create some good momentum for the young but steadily improving Syracuse defense. The midfielders need to be more involved with the clearing game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Actually, your answer is pretty much what I mean. I think NU is pretty darn good but would agree Cuse should not lose to this NU team going forward, and I think a little humbling is good for a team. I don't like to see "my team" go undefeated for too long, I just feel as if the day is going to come when things aren't going to come out the way you want them to and I don't mind that happening a time or two on the way to championship week-end rather than during that week end (see UNC and NU...oh, and the Patriots too). I'd put my money on Cuse if the two meet again. So in that respect this could be viewed as a good loss. Two pretty good teams so it makes the win a good win too particularly considering the way NU went out last year.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

laxer12 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:09 pm
tothedraw wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:50 pm
laxer12 - I'm a "she" 😃
Oops :? My sincerest apologies.

I completely agree with everything you're saying though. Let Hower be the full-time starter and possibly create some good momentum for the young but steadily improving Syracuse defense. The midfielders need to be more involved with the clearing game.
No apologies necessary ! It's a message board... was funny to me
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:11 am
DMac wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:20 am It's listed at 4 on the Cuse schedule, also listed as a 4 o'clock game on the B1G Network programming listing..
Gotta be EST.
https://btn.com/shows/
I'm not a BTN or BTN+ subscriber. Is this game accessible through Youtube TV?
I'm just curious, how did you guys end up watching the game yesterday?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:22 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:11 am
DMac wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:20 am It's listed at 4 on the Cuse schedule, also listed as a 4 o'clock game on the B1G Network programming listing..
Gotta be EST.
https://btn.com/shows/
I'm not a BTN or BTN+ subscriber. Is this game accessible through Youtube TV?
I'm just curious, how did you guys end up watching the game yesterday?
YoutubeTV

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”