ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Carroll81 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:05 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:42 pm I’m not sure Mize is back
I don't see G. Mize on the 2022 online roster anymore.
Last game was April last year against Lynchburg.No one else has #10. Doesn’t look good
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:25 pm My predictions in order:
W&L
Lynchburg
HSC
Roanoke
Bridgewater
Shenandoah
RMC
Guilford
VW
Ferrum
Randolph
I got a lot of hate for putting RMC where I did in my preseason rankings. This game vs UMW should be a big indicator for where they will actually stand. I am very excited to see how both teams play!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Bridgewater had a great season last year. Can they repeat and get into that 4 slot ???
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

HSC beats Stevenson in scrimmage 8-7 unofficial score. Tigers defense played extremely well. Goalie Will Perry stood on his head and made some big plays. Played like and AA goalkeeper. Stevenson kept started in until 3 mins left. HSC rotated players end of third and no starters played entire fourth quarter.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

W&LLover wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:26 pm HSC beats Stevenson in scrimmage 8-7 unofficial score. Tigers defense played extremely well. Goalie Will Perry stood on his head and made some big plays. Played like and AA goalkeeper. Stevenson kept started in until 3 mins left. HSC rotated players end of third and no starters played entire fourth quarter.
Thanks for the update, sounds like a good performance from H-SC.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Roanoke got obliterated by CNU. The score and stats suggest it's about as lopsided as the type of results you see when an ODAC top dog plays the worst team in the ODAC.
Dehuntshigwa’es

thescottharris wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:19 pm Roanoke got obliterated by CNU. The score and stats suggest it's about as lopsided as the type of results you see when an ODAC top dog plays the worst team in the ODAC.
Not surprised, (72-26 shot differential) CNU is very good. How about Catholic taking it to the Generals after 3 qtrs. I knew Gennies O was suspect but this might be the worst Offensive performance I’ve ever seen by them. You don’t want to make judgements based on one game but this was worse than I might have thought. York , CNU and Lynchburg could be ugly this year.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

W&LLover wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:26 pm HSC beats Stevenson in scrimmage 8-7 unofficial score. Tigers defense played extremely well. Goalie Will Perry stood on his head and made some big plays. Played like and AA goalkeeper. Stevenson kept started in until 3 mins left. HSC rotated players end of third and no starters played entire fourth quarter.
It was 6-4 H-SC after three, 7-7 final is what I was just told.
LaxDad45

Post by LaxDad45 »

Roanoke looked exactly as expected for a young Soph/Freshmen heavy team against a loaded Final Four contender. There were some positives for Noke and next week against Catholic should be a good one!
JackieMoon

Post by JackieMoon »

The Gennies kept it close with Catholic on the stat sheet. Cleared 93% & won the GB battle. But only had 1 assist (Catholic had 9) and no clear offensive standout to keep up with a 4 goal swing late in the 3rd. Hats off to Catholic.

CNU is a tough opponent. But it’s hard to beat anybody when you go 20% on the dot, have 34TOs, get doubled up on GBs and go 0-3 on man up opportunities. Good sportsmanship by the captains for not hanging 30+ on Noke.

Next Weekend Predictions
W&L drops to 0-2 vs York (17-4)
Noke drops to 0-2 vs Catholic (16-7)
RMC is CNU’s next victim (22-3)
LYN repeats their performance vs Greensboro (18-1)
HSC get first win vs SVU (15-5)
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Always root for ODAC in OOC games.
Thinking NOKE will benefit and work on weaknesses CNU exposed.
I guess and can be said for W&L.. Washington College program is rebuilding and I suspect are amped up for Saturday seeing the Catholic score. Is Dardini injured?
Looking forward to W&L vs NOKE.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Booyah Dehunt,
It's early but it really looks bad for ODAC (except LYN) which is bad for D 3 lacrosse. Covid, the GWAR thing ... what the heck is going on? What's a D 3 lacrosse season without at least 3/4 ODAC teams in the hunt? Is this systemic or reversible? Coaching? We should get some direction when we see how Denison performs. Top 10 (as I hope) and we look back to systemic problems at W&L.

HS C & RC, are they going the way of WAC? Which IMO has a very real chance of a reversal under new coaching management.
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

Awesome weekend to finally have lacrosse back in action. Lynchburg didn't seem to miss a step from last year. Although they played Ferrum, good teams would end the game winning 25-1. Hampden Sydney came through with a great win over Stevenson. Even though it was a scrimmage on the schedule, it didnt feel that way for the players. Both teams gave a strong effort but it was the ODAC that came out on top. RMC with a great showing against Mary Washington. I think this is foreshadowing for the Yellow Jackets this year. With W&L and Roanoke taking big steps back in their programs these past couple of years, the Yellow Jackets will be gunning for a top 4 spot in the ODAC. Dont be surprised if some new faces make it to the top 4.
LaxDad45

Post by LaxDad45 »

Reserving judgment on a young Noke team until a few weeks in. My guess is that CNU is going to make many teams look bad this season. They are stacked at every position with depth. Catholic vs Noke this weekend is a good measuring stick for both to see where they are really at. Can’t wait!
Dehuntshigwa’es

thescottharris wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:16 pm
How good might HSC be this year. Noke still is not back and it’s just one game but W&L looked terrible. Hopefully HSC can hold their own in OOC games. Noke and W&L are slipping need Lburg and HSC in ODAC to step up
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:35 pm
How good might HSC be this year. Noke still is not back and it’s just one game but W&L looked terrible. Hopefully HSC can hold their own in OOC games. Noke and W&L are slipping need Lburg and HSC in ODAC to step up
HSC's defense might be the best in the ODAC. They returned everyone on D, but one close defensemen from last year, and still have Will Perry between the pipes (who should be at least a 2nd team AA IMO). They lost some guys offensively but have recovered generously and have some young kids stepping up and getting a lot of the reps. Where they seem to be struggling is at the face-off X. Did not see them get too many wins there this past weekend. Could definitely see them taking down the Hornets this year.

Upset with my gennies performance this past weekend, but that is expected from a team that is having some leadership issues from within. They definitely need to take this week to study up their film and fix the problems that they are seeing. If they don't fix them, it could be a long season of disappointing games for us gennies. Hope we can see some improvement.
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

W&LLover wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:00 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:35 pm
HSC's defense might be the best in the ODAC. They returned everyone on D, but one close defensemen from last year, and still have Will Perry between the pipes (who should be at least a 2nd team AA IMO). They lost some guys offensively but have recovered generously and have some young kids stepping up and getting a lot of the reps. Where they seem to be struggling is at the face-off X. Did not see them get too many wins there this past weekend. Could definitely see them taking down the Hornets this year.

Upset with my gennies performance this past weekend, but that is expected from a team that is having some leadership issues from within. They definitely need to take this week to study up their film and fix the problems that they are seeing. If they don't fix them, it could be a long season of disappointing games for us gennies. Hope we can see some improvement.
Although I was not in attendance, I think it is good to remember that Catholic was in fact a playoff team last year. They also have an ex-tufts head coach, their team is nothing to downplay. On the other side of the coin, W&L was not a playoff team and was dismantled in the ODAC championship game last year. I will say I was still surprised at the result.

With this being said, could there be some potential coaching changes for W&L and Noke? Roanoke seems to be trending downward and while it may be too early for W&L, it isnt a crazy thought IMO.
BTM

Post by BTM »

Pilat ain't going anywhere unless it's on his own accord. Look, people underestimate the job he done for many years, given the support he gets from the administration. New facilities are top-notch, but it took a miracle, luck, and one generous donor to really get that going. Take a look at this link: https://roanokemaroons.com/information/ ... hips/index

See the overall decline? It's staggering. Even with the new facilities. That's a systemic issue. His competition on and off the field wants to win. The Roanoke administration strives to be mediocre. It's a battle he has fought for years and will continue to fight.

This is a young team that has talent and is headed in the proper direction.
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

BTM wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:15 pm Pilat ain't going anywhere unless it's on his own accord. Look, people underestimate the job he done for many years, given the support he gets from the administration. New facilities are top-notch, but it took a miracle, luck, and one generous donor to really get that going. Take a look at this link: https://roanokemaroons.com/information/ ... hips/index

See the overall decline? It's staggering. Even with the new facilities. That's a systemic issue. His competition on and off the field wants to win. The Roanoke administration strives to be mediocre. It's a battle he has fought for years and will continue to fight.

This is a young team that has talent and is headed in the proper direction.
Losing 22-5 doesn't sound like they're moving in the right direction...
BTM

Post by BTM »

Thanks for the input

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”