Way too early rankings

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Way too early rankings

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:42 am
HooDat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:36 am
jrn19 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:22 pm I think it's fair to wonder how this offense plays with radically different rules to the ones they excelled in, esp when you consider how they excelled which was those long backbreaking possessions where they'd always make the extra pass or score a goal 2-3 mins in when you felt like you'd played great D.
Good commentary. Makes me start thinking that perhaps Tierney has struggled to adapt to the rule changes.

Now if Tierney hires some hot-shot run and gun OC, things could get interesting in Denver.
Pry MVA away from Loyola?
MVA is a very good OC but he's the opposite of run and gun. Loyola plays slow as molasses.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:52 am
jrn19 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:22 pm I think it's fair to wonder how this offense plays with radically different rules to the ones they excelled in, esp when you consider how they excelled which was those long backbreaking possessions where they'd always make the extra pass or score a goal 2-3 mins in when you felt like you'd played great D.
Good commentary. Makes me start thinking that perhaps Tierney has struggled to adapt to the rule changes.

Now if Tierney hires some hot-shot run and gun OC, things could get interesting in Denver.
MVA is a very good OC but he's the opposite of run and gun. Loyola plays slow as molasses.
That may be extreme, but I know, just propping my Bart boys up in general - see argument for Scott Petosa being the best Air Force coach ever, disregard GWLL comp in late 80s/early 90s, Acee coached some of the same competition. And it does seem like he brought them back a little post Spencer at Loyola if you look at late last year and where we think they'll be this year.

Doubt you want Kerwick though. Probably too much of a stretch but whoever was OC under McMinn at RMU seems like a good one.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:08 am

That may be extreme, but I know, just propping my Bart boys up in general - see argument for Scott Petosa being the best Air Force coach ever, disregard GWLL comp in late 80s/early 90s, Acee coached some of the same competition. And it does seem like he brought them back a little post Spencer at Loyola if you look at late last year and where we think they'll be this year.

Doubt you want Kerwick though. Probably too much of a stretch but whoever was OC under McMinn at RMU seems like a good one.
I think McMinn was the OC under Bear Davis at RMU. At that time McMinn seemed like the mad genius in charge of what they were doing.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

sigh... they should hire bobby benson.
umd was better in adj off efficiency. and give bernhardt another grad year out there.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 am

I think McMinn was the OC under Bear Davis at RMU. At that time McMinn seemed like the mad genius in charge of what they were doing.
So he ran it more than OC at RMU? We knew it was coming and still would struggle with those long skip passes they could execute on.

How about OC at UVM? Some of these smaller programs have some fast and innovative offenses which do more with less than grabbing an OC from a high talent filled roster program I would think.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:26 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 am

So he ran it more than OC at RMU? We knew it was coming and still would struggle with those long skip passes they could execute on.

How about OC at UVM? Some of these smaller programs have some fast and innovative offenses which do more with less than grabbing an OC from a high talent filled roster program I would think.
No idea on the UVM assistant but your idea is an interesting one with many athletic budgets strained…..Would certainly likely to be cheaper

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”