Maryland
73%
Duke
27%

Total votes: 51

44WeWantMore

Re: Maryland vs Duke

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Not that it changes your point, but JHU did beat Rutgers in the B1G tournament. So they do have a win against an NCAA tournament team.
Edit to add: And, no, I do not think that the end-of-season JHU team beats Duke best of seven.
Last edited by 44WeWantMore on Mon May 31, 2021 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Cno3putts wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:06 pm Shoulda
Coulda
Woulda
These kids today are faster. bigger, better athletes. Have a friend that was an all American at Syracus in early 80s. Said he couldn't play then at the level these kids play today. Let's enjoy this season ending game. Past is gone. Today and possibly tomorrow is what we have.
I bet if he grew up playing with these sticks that make it easier to compete, he would have been just fine. I remember when it meant something to “have a great stick” in the 80’s.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

44WeWantMore wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 am Not that it changes your point, but JHU did beat Rutgers in the B1G tournament.So they do have a win against an NCAA tournament team.
Edit to add: And, no, I do not think that the end-of-season JHU team beats Duke best of seven.
:lol: My bad. That's one.

My overall point is: how about we make these silly claims in 2022, when BigTen teams actually play ACC teams?

Settle it on the field, instead of in some fan's fevered minds.....

Because guess what? BigTen might be better next year, and take the ACC apart when they get their chances. Who knows?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:44 am
44WeWantMore wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 am Not that it changes your point, but JHU did beat Rutgers in the B1G tournament.So they do have a win against an NCAA tournament team.
:lol: My bad. That's one.

My overall point is: how about we make these silly claims in 2022, when BigTen teams actually play ACC teams?

Settle it on the field, instead of in some fan's fevered minds.....

Because guess what? BigTen might be better next year, and take the ACC apart when they get their chances. Who knows?
Off Topic. Any Small Batch Whiskey out east yet?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

a fan wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:36 am
NYterp09 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:00 pm Man you just live and die by the straw man, don’t you?
Nope. I'm simply willing to move on. But you want to keep going. Okay. Let's keep going. I was happy to let it drop.....

Heres' YOUR words. No strawman needed: "Cuz every team in the B1G put up a better showing (against Maryland) than (Duke) did today."

This is, frankly, one of the dumber claims I've seen here. And it's dumb (the claim), because you boys "forgot" that Duke beat Syracuse, UNC, UVa, Notre Dame, Denver and Loyola-----six freaking tournament teams----....and EARNED their way to the Final Four. But sure, act like winning those six games is just no big deal.

You...and some of your fellow posters have convinced yourselves that "because" Maryland beat Duke badly....using magic Fairy Dust and half-*ssed logic....that "means" that any team in the Big Ten that played Maryland close is a Final Four caliber team. And "therefore", the Big Ten is just as good as the three ACC teams in the Final Four.

Who did Hopkins, Ohio State, Penn St., UMich, and their losing records beat, NYTerp09? Go ahead and list their big wins against 2021 NCAA tournament teams.

Take your time. We'll wait.

Did you have a look? Great. Did you notice anything? Yeah, so did I.

Hopkins, Ohio State, Penn St., UMich COMBINED didn't have one single solitary win over a 2021 NCAA tournament team. Duke? They now have 8 wins against NCAA tournament teams. And last I checked, 8 is more than 0.

And yet here you are with some other posters, trying to convince yourselves that the Big Ten was awesome this year. And the "reason" (snicker) you guys give us is that UMich "almost" beat Rutgers or Hopkins "almost" beat UMd. Or some other such nonsense. And then claim that you're using "nuance". Nuance, of course, means ridiculous reasoning that doesn't make sense.

You can---at best---- reasonably conclude that we simply can't tell how good the BigTen was this year, because they only played themselves in the regular season (and BigTen tournament).

Anything more than that is.....
Lolol yes you’re dissertation length responses clearly show how ready to move on you are...and fwiw I’m not reading whatever garbage you just wasted your time writing
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

blue angels wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:32 pm
Kinduv wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:46 pm mary1and easy win,,,
Highly doubt it………….That being said, Go Terps!
t01d y0u!!!!!!
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”