University of Maryland Terrapins

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

What would Sigmund say?

Post by Cletus »

Remember that happy crappy last year when Maryland concocted that fake snow emergency or whatever for the Syracuse game, so Gary and the Orange offered to drive down to Maryland for the game instead? There was speculation that the team knew they weren't going to beat Syracuse so they thought they found a way to avoid playing them and blame it on the weather in Syracuse, which if I remember correctly, didn't turn out to be much of anything.

In the same vein, I wonder if in the back of the minds of the Terps they're thinking..."Do we really want to get dragged again by those %$#@*&! in purple for the 4th time this year? Nah--let's just lose to Duke and start fresh next year." :lol:
seacoaster

Re: University of Maryland Terrapins

Post by seacoaster »

Trolling?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 amTrolling?
If there are any flies on you, seacoaster, they're paying rent.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Much of anything is putting it mildly unless that means yards were covered with green grass.
What would Sigmund say about the staunchest supporter disappearing when the going gets a
little rough for his army of Laxchix?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:43 am Much of anything is putting it mildly unless that means yards were covered with green grass.
What would Sigmund say about the staunchest supporter disappearing when the going gets a
little rough for his army of Laxchix?
Hey TL--I think that might be directed at you...https://youtu.be/a27yHWU9wxE
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:38 am
OK, so you're trolling. To what end?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:50 am
Cletus wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:38 am
OK, so you're trolling. To what end?
Oh, lighten up willya, sea? Don't you know a little good-natured ribbing and gloating is a tried and true component of being a sports fan? This isn't the tea party of the ladies auxiliary. It's sports.
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

Maryland hasn’t ended their season as yet and in fact played well against a strongly offense minded team in High Point. I don’t understand the ribbing on the Terps when they are having an off season. Is it because they’ve won 15 championships and you expect them to win every year? Quite honestly I think the Duke game is a toss up and either team could win. And a comment that they would lose to avoid playing Northwestern is absurd. Grow up Cletus , you’re acting like an immature fool!
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Maryland75 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:49 pm Maryland hasn’t ended their season as yet and in fact played well against a strongly offense minded team in High Point. I don’t understand the ribbing on the Terps when they are having an off season. Is it because they’ve won 15 championships and you expect them to win every year? Quite honestly I think the Duke game is a toss up and either team could win. And a comment that they would lose to avoid playing Northwestern is absurd. Grow up Cletus , you’re acting like an immature fool!
(I love how Maryland counts that 1982 AIAW win over Ursinus in with the rest of their titles.)

"strongly offense minded team in High Point"

AHAHAHAHAHA...OH! Stop please, you're killing me!! AHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAA
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Maryland75 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:49 pm that they would lose to avoid playing Northwestern is absurd.
I think it’s hysterical, especially with Snowgate in their recent past. :lol:
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

I thought having a player with 75 goals this year showed some offensive punch but by your rules it’s laughable. Maryland year in year out schedules one of the most difficult non conference schedules in the nation with UNC, Florida and Syracuse as well as others. I’m glad you continually like to post about Snowgate but the facts show they duck nobody! Interesting that The coaches from Duke, Syracuse, Boston College, St. Joe’s, Towson and others have only won a national championship in women’s lacrosse while part of the Maryland program. Sounds to me like you are jealous of their success including an 86 game home winning streak that spanned 8 years.
Last edited by Maryland75 on Sun May 16, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

And yes I include the 1981 not 82 Championship since that was the Women’s Lacrosse Championship at that time. Even without that championship Maryland has still won twice as many championships then the second best school (Northwestern). I’m sure Penn State also includes their championships under the AIAW.
Cletus

Re: In another thread...

Post by Cletus »

For whatever reason this morning I started reading this thread from the beginning. I stopped here and decided to do some fact checking. Pretty slow before the games begin so why not.
Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 am ...a poster noted he was wholly unimpressed by the once Mighty Turtles never having lost a regular season B1G game before last Sunday, not so Funday.
I'm even less impressed now. Since the streak ending loss to Penn St in late February loss on 2/21, the Terps have gone 7 and 4 in the Big 10. They now stand at 35-5 all-time regular season in conference.
Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 am So TL did a bit of research and noted the only proper comparison would be the Tarheels’ record in the same five (5) year span.
Actually a 7 year span.
Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 am The ‘Heels lost five (5!!!) conference games.
I don't know how you think those 5 losses are a knock against the Heels. Carolina's winning percentage is better over that span because they've played more games against more conference rivals. Maryland played only 5 conference rivals for '15 and '16 until Hopkins joined in '17. The Heels on the other hand have been playing the same 7 teams during that stretch.
Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:27 am TL’s Laxchix played BC, UVA, Da ‘Cuse, and Carolina fifteen (15!) regular season games in that span.
Actually 16 games
Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:27 am The then Mighty Turtles had FOURTEEN (14!) WINS. :lol:
They had 13 wins to go with 3 losses against those teams during that period. Interestingly, 3 of those 13 wins were by 1 goal, 2 in OT.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Maryland75 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:07 am I thought having a player with 75 goals this year showed some offensive punch but by your rules it’s laughable.
I assume you're referring to Abbey Hormes. One player scoring 76 goals on a High Point team who plays in the weak Big South conference isn't impressive. Plus, when they really needed her against Maryland, she had 1 goal and 1 assist. The next biggest offensive contributor on the Panthers has 43 goals. Now if you want to talk genuine "offensive punch" that's Izzy Scane. She always shows up when needed against Maryland and she plays in the Big 10, not the Big South. It depends who you score the goals against, not how many you get.
Maryland75 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:07 am Maryland year in year out schedules one of the most difficult non conference schedules in the nation with UNC, Florida and Syracuse as well as others. I’m glad you continually like to post about Snowgate but the facts show they duck nobody!
You're 99% correct. But they sure tried to duck Syracuse in 2020. So funny that it blew up in their faces. Gary Gait called their bluff and drove his tough ladies down to your backyard and beat you comfortably, making the loss sting a little more as it was on the Terps own hallowed hockey carpet. Don't you remember how bad Maryland looked during that stretch? All these mixed rumors coming out of Terpville? It was a university decision, no it was the bus drivers union, no it was Harry's uncle who knows the bus driver, no it was our local weatherman--he said it was dangerous. I'm just having fun on some but there are other buck passing attempts I'm remembering correctly. And I'm sure if I went back and read through that topic, there would be more than I'm remembering off the top.

Maryland75 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:07 am Interesting that The coaches from Duke, Syracuse, Boston College, St. Joe’s, Towson and others have only won a national championship in women’s lacrosse while part of the Maryland program. Sounds to me like you are jealous of their success including an 86 game home winning streak that spanned 8 years.
Maryland's success in the past hasn't helped their performance in the last two years. They have been little better than mediocre. Today, they no longer sit on top--in either the Big 10 or the rest of the NCAA.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I loved watching her play and she always had the best smile on her face.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

What is the deal with defenders transferring out from Terpville? Is this a common occurrence from years gone by, as well? Or is this common and “nothing to see here”?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:38 am What is the deal with defenders transferring out from Terpville? Is this a common occurrence from years gone by, as well? Or is this common and “nothing to see here”?
Well the defense wasn't all that good last year and none of the defenders leaving were getting any time so the writing was kind of on the wall for them.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”