2021 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Rams 11 - Cavs 10 in a classic!

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:35 am
UnderArmourOdor wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am The Rams Seniors won the first meeting of what surely be a few more battles.
UAO....isnt this the first time Robo has won one for the current Senior class? I think the last time was 2017?

all of these one goal games suggest that there is a lot of parity at the top....Oakton, Woodson, Robinson, South County?
Doc T you are correct, I think that was a 10-9 score with Cav Immortal Emma Vinall scoring the dagger & maybe it was the same score as the 2005 season opener also a Robo win!
VirginiaTerp

Friday night lights in Herndon

Post by VirginiaTerp »

It was the Battle for HRYL Bragging Rights as the Herndon-Reston Youth Lacrosse alumni played in the annual Herndon vs South Lakes game at JL Griffitts Stadium. It was also Senior Night, where eight Hornets and three Seahawks were recognized. After presentations of the annual Lou Petersen (HRYL founding member and original commissioner) to one Herndon player and one South Lakes player, the game got underway. Both teams had new head coaches.

Herndon (H) 8 - South Lakes 11.
VA-GLaxFan

Re: 2021 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by VA-GLaxFan »

I need a couple of scores if anyone knows them

John Champe vs Osborn Park

Wakefield vs Edison

Hayfield vs West Potomac
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

Champe 21 - OP 1
VALaxer

Re: Week 5

Post by VALaxer »

A full slate of top games and teams in action this week, kicked off with some big matchups tonight.

I may have missed some, so feel free to update:

Today:
Woodson @ Langley
Yorktown @ So. County
Battlefield @ Unity Reed
John Champe @ Osbourn
Clover HIll @ Cosby

Tuesday:
Forest Park @ Colgan
Falls Church @ Justice
TJST @ Centreville

Wednesday:
Langley @ So. Lakes
Robinson @ Madison
West Potomac @ W. Springfield
Powhatan @ Cosby

Thursday:
Battlefield @ Patriot
Potomac @ Colgan
Unity Reed @ John Champe

Friday:
W. Springfield @ Robinson
Oakton @ Westfield
C'Ville @ Madison
Woodson @ Fairfax
McLean @ Yorktown
Herndon @ W+L
Justice @ TJST
Lake Braddock @ So. County
Mt Vernon @ Annandale
StackO

Post by StackO »

Battlefield 19 Unity Reed (H) 2
UnderArmourOdor

Re: A trip down Georgetown Pike...

Well FSUFan needs to make it up to Langley as they had Chick-fil-A tonight but I had the Nigiri Sushi Roll & split a lovely Charcuterie & Cheese Platter with my row in the stands so I hope I can get back in his high epicurean good graces. With it being Senior Night it was lucky the giant balloon arc survived the downpour & the photographer with two assiastants took more pictures than most weddings. Oh yeah on to the game that was a physical one with both sides playing hard. It was 4-3 to the visitors & the Cavs with their Frosh Cuviello had driven the POY #4 Chung from taking the draw & her replacement #21 Smith too but the Saxons brought #14 Waits into the circle & she won five draws in a row & just like that it was 8-4 at the half. Cavs got the first goal of the second half raising comeback upset thoughts but then Chung got her hat-trick & Smith followed with two goals getting hers & it was 11-5...game over. Both teams got another goal & the Saxons spent their third & final Yellow Card on the upstart frosh. The Saxons thought they had scored "lucky 13" but the clock had just expired so it ended 12-6 as the Saxons proved they remain the best team in the state. You have to make the trip to Langley not just for the snack bar treats but also to hear one of the "Real Housewives of Great Falls" cheer for Langley. She rooted for Cav girls mistakes & those injured "nice!" Honest she was a real Larry David creation, if you have seen "Curb Your Enthusiam" think Larry's manager's wife, Susie only louder & without her verbal charm. I was heading to the after-party at the mansion on Chain Bridge Road but the Valet looked derisively at my car & waved the new Range Rover & Porsche Cayenne past me but I'm sure it was awesome.
[Moderators Note: None of the above is true except the score as the above is Larry David's story outline for a future Curb Your Enthusiasm improvised episode to take place in Hollywood.]
FSUFan

Post by FSUFan »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:36 am Well FSUFan needs to make it up to Langley as they had Chick-fil-A tonight but I had the Nigiri Sushi Roll & split a lovely Charcuterie & Cheese Platter with my row in the stands so I hope I can get back in his high epicurean good graces. With it being Senior Night it was lucky the giant balloon arc survived the downpour & the photographer with two assiastants took more pictures than most weddings. Oh yeah on to the game that was a physical one with both sides playing hard. It was 4-3 to the visitors & the Cavs with their Frosh Cuviello had driven the POY #4 Chung from taking the draw & her replacement #21 Smith too but the Saxons brought #14 Waits into the circle & she won five draws in a row & just like that it was 8-4 at the half. Cavs got the first goal of the second half raising comeback upset thoughts but then Chung got her hat-trick & Smith followed with two goals getting hers & it was 11-5...game over. Both teams got another goal & the Saxons spent their third & final Yellow Card on the upstart frosh. The Saxons thought they had scored "lucky 13" but the clock had just expired so it ended 12-6 as the Saxons proved they remain the best team in the state. You have to make the trip to Langley not just for the snack bar treats but also to hear one of the "Real Housewives of Great Falls" cheer for Langley. She rooted for Cav girls mistakes & those injured "nice!" Honest she was a real Larry David creation, if you have seen "Curb Your Enthusiam" think Larry's manager's wife, Susie only louder & without her verbal charm. I was heading to the after-party at the mansion on Chain Bridge Road but the Valet looked derisively at my car & waved the new Range Rover & Porsche Cayenne past me but I'm sure it was awesome.
[Moderators Note: None of the above is true except the score as the above is Larry David's story outline for a future Curb Your Enthusiasm improvised episode to take place in Hollywood.]
UAO,
Curious to know if the Cavs had success with the special draw stick, taking a page out of the Rams play book?
What was the draw control percentage? It must have helped neutralize Langley #4 Draw Queen.?
StackO

Post by StackO »

Score from last night

Champe 20 Osbourn 0

Cosby 24 Clover Hill 3
Wg_olyr

Post by Wg_olyr »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:36 am as the Saxons proved they remain the best team in the state.
:o :o :o At least in 6A.
UnderArmourOdor

Meanwhile during brunch on the patio overlooking the Potomac at Mortimer Duke’s 42,000 SqFt Mansion at 409 Chain Bridge Road above the old Nike Missile Command Bunker converted to Langley’s GLax side-by-side turf lacrosse fields…

Mortimer Duke: Ah, Randolph so good of you to stop by sit and have some champagne.
Randolph Duke: I had to fly down and be in the neighborhood anyway as that Saudi Prince neighbor of yours wants to buy up one of my mansions to get his polo field finished.
Mortimer: Play-hard-to-sell as we can use it as leverage in our new oil deal before we push gas prices back to five dollars a gallon when I won the dollar bet for putting that guy into the White House.
Randolph: We have a more pressing problem; our lacrosse team was contested in the draw circle last night as I watched our private NBC Sports satellite feed from our Madison Avenue Penthouse!
Mortimer: I’m way ahead of you, I had our man Clarence Beeks investigate how that Robinson team won 20 of 23 draws against the team that played us last night. Look at this Top-Secret Crosse Report he submitted.
Randolph: Outrageous they are using a special crosse, who is this genius coach?
Mortimer: It seems the team last night after only two practices with this draw control crosse was able to win 10 of 20 draws against our team.
Randolph: We need this super crosse, can we hire this Robinson Coach what is his name…Professor although I’d hate to replace that well-coiffed coach we have?
Mortimer: I’m already rectifying the draw deficit; I have the Duke & Duke G-5 flying this gentleman down from New York as Beeks says on page 22 of his report that this fellow came up with this special crosse.
Randolph: Excellent, don’t spare any costs on this! Is this his picture?
Mortimer: Beeks says he is somewhat good at the sport, now a college Coach named Door or Hatch or Gate.
Randolph: Why don’t we just hire this Coach he obvious has taste as I like the cut of his suit, a Savile Row I believe, Gieves & Hawkes or maybe a Henry Poole. Offer him a million to coach us and settle on two. Coleman, I’ll have that glass of Dom Perignon now.

[Moderator: I believe this is part of the screenplay for Trading Places II greenlighted by Paramount Pictures after the success of Coming 2 America. Any resemblance to persons living, coaching or dead is purely coincidental.]
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:36 am Well FSUFan needs to make it up to Langley as they had Chick-fil-A tonight but I had the Nigiri Sushi Roll & split a lovely Charcuterie & Cheese Platter with my row in the stands so I hope I can get back in his high epicurean good graces. With it being Senior Night it was lucky the giant balloon arc survived the downpour & the photographer with two assiastants took more pictures than most weddings. Oh yeah on to the game that was a physical one with both sides playing hard. It was 4-3 to the visitors & the Cavs with their Frosh Cuviello had driven the POY #4 Chung from taking the draw & her replacement #21 Smith too but the Saxons brought #14 Waits into the circle & she won five draws in a row & just like that it was 8-4 at the half. Cavs got the first goal of the second half raising comeback upset thoughts but then Chung got her hat-trick & Smith followed with two goals getting hers & it was 11-5...game over. Both teams got another goal & the Saxons spent their third & final Yellow Card on the upstart frosh. The Saxons thought they had scored "lucky 13" but the clock had just expired so it ended 12-6 as the Saxons proved they remain the best team in the state. You have to make the trip to Langley not just for the snack bar treats but also to hear one of the "Real Housewives of Great Falls" cheer for Langley. She rooted for Cav girls mistakes & those injured "nice!" Honest she was a real Larry David creation, if you have seen "Curb Your Enthusiam" think Larry's manager's wife, Susie only louder & without her verbal charm. I was heading to the after-party at the mansion on Chain Bridge Road but the Valet looked derisively at my car & waved the new Range Rover & Porsche Cayenne past me but I'm sure it was awesome.
It seems there is Langley and everyone else. Top 2-5 teams are a goal apart +/-, while the Laxons are more like 5 or 6....Too early to crown them?
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:17 pm

It seems there is Langley and everyone else. Top 2-5 teams are a goal apart +/-, while the Laxons are more like 5 or 6....Too early to crown them?
With apologies to the late Dennis Green, coaches everywhere are saying....

Now, if you want to crown them, then crown their ***! But, they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook! :oops:
VA-GLaxFan

Post by VA-GLaxFan »

Does anyone know the Hayfield vs West Potomac score from last week?
FSUFan

Post by FSUFan »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:38 pm Meanwhile during brunch on the patio overlooking the Potomac at Mortimer Duke’s 42,000 SqFt Mansion at 409 Chain Bridge Road above the old Nike Missile Command Bunker converted to Langley’s GLax side-by-side turf lacrosse fields…

Mortimer Duke: Ah, Randolph so good of you to stop by sit and have some champagne.
Randolph Duke: I had to fly down and be in the neighborhood anyway as that Saudi Prince neighbor of yours wants to buy up one of my mansions to get his polo field finished.
Mortimer: Play-hard-to-sell as we can use it as leverage in our new oil deal before we push gas prices back to five dollars a gallon when I won the dollar bet for putting that guy into the White House.
Randolph: We have a more pressing problem; our lacrosse team was contested in the draw circle last night as I watched our private NBC Sports satellite feed from our Madison Avenue Penthouse!
Mortimer: I’m way ahead of you, I had our man Clarence Beeks investigate how that Robinson team won 20 of 23 draws against the team that played us last night. Look at this Top-Secret Crosse Report he submitted.
Randolph: Outrageous they are using a special crosse, who is this genius coach?
Mortimer: It seems the team last night after only two practices with this draw control crosse was able to win 10 of 20 draws against our team.
Randolph: We need this super crosse, can we hire this Robinson Coach what is his name…Professor although I’d hate to replace that well-coiffed coach we have?
Mortimer: I’m already rectifying the draw deficit; I have the Duke & Duke G-5 flying this gentleman down from New York as Beeks says on page 22 of his report that this fellow came up with this special crosse.
Randolph: Excellent, don’t spare any costs on this! Is this his picture?
Mortimer: Beeks says he is somewhat good at the sport, now a college Coach named Door or Hatch or Gate.
Randolph: Why don’t we just hire this Coach he obvious has taste as I like the cut of his suit, a Savile Row I believe, Gieves & Hawkes or maybe a Henry Poole. Offer him a million to coach us and settle on two. Coleman, I’ll have that glass of Dom Perignon now.

[Moderator: I believe this is part of the screenplay for Trading Places II greenlighted by Paramount Pictures after the success of Coming 2 America. Any resemblance to persons living, coaching or dead is purely coincidental.]
Excellent, UAO!! Love the dialog/screenplay/script!! Too funny! Well played, sir!
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

Tuesday night scores:

Old JEB's Sheriffs (H) 16 - Falls Church 13
C'Ville (H) 23 - TJST 3
Dr. Tact

freakin storm

Post by Dr. Tact »

Madison was up 4-1 early over Robo. Postponed by deracho
Dr. Tact

Re: freakin storm

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:04 pm Madison was up 4-1 early over Robo. Postponed by deracho
Derecho storm indeed....report from a disheveld man I met hiding under the bleachers ...

Louie W the third (I think) was telling me that the fix was in and that the game was going to be cancelled.

[Dr. T] Oh no, that cant be true. I saw the cousin of Mortimer and Randolph, let's call him Chauncey, pulling in, in his Porsche Macan, with his brood driving their Cayennes. They had the sunglasses and sunroof with Don Henley blaring "Boys of Summer...". They wouldnt come to a lacrosse game if the humidity was going to go up and ruin the 'doo.

[Louis] No no no, they are just there for the show. They got the OJ errrr Weather Futures report from Beeks...They are just here to watch the suckers get wet and stampede to their cheap cars.....Muffy is playing but she will get 2 yellows before the storm and join us as we go dine at the fabulous Vienna Inn....

OK...enough of this silliness....l cant compete with UAO....dont have enough creative brain power to beat that man! Robo/Madison to be played at a later date....
StackO

Post by StackO »

Battlefield 17 Patriot (H) 6
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Derecho Spring...

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:34 pm Muffy is playing but she will get 2 yellows before the storm and join us as we go dine at the fabulous Vienna Inn....
haha...Classic...extra vegetarian chili for Paisley & Peyton too!!!

Busy week for Robo
05/31/21 1:00 PM Sparty (Rescheduled from 05-28) @ Robo
06/02/21 6:00 PM Warhawks (Finish) @ Madison
06/03/21 7:30 PM Bruins @ Robo

Cavs finished their Wednesday weather delay game yesterday @5 in Fairfax's concrete mausoleum with a 13-2 finish to add to the 4-0 first 6 minutes so it ended 17-2. Two girls scored first of year so everyone played a ton.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”