2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by RedFromMI »

From Politico:

CU88

Post by CU88 »

From a friend:

A week ago, a recount was requested in Wisconsin’s Dane and Milwaukee counties by the Trump campaign. For the past 5 days, poll workers in these two counties have been recounting ballots. They will take a break tomorrow for Thanksgiving, but this recount in Dane and Milwaukee counties will countinue until it’s completed, with a deadline of next Tuesday, December 1st.
Madison, Wisconsin, where my family and I have lived for the past 25 years, is the county seat for Dane County.
I’ve taken the opportunity to be a Biden campaign observer at the Monona Terrace Convention & Community Center held- Dane County recount, this past Friday, Saturday and Monday.
What I saw there was that the intent of the Trump campaign was not for this to be about a recount or exposing voter fraud, but rather an opportunity to challenge and object to anything and everything on the Dane Co. absentee ballots and absentee envelopes.
The Trump campaign observers at the Dane County recount (the folks who I met were bussed-in or carpooled up from the Janesville & Milton area and others who I met came from out-of-state) had a list in front of them and were objecting to and trying to challenge thinks like:

-the clerks initials on the ballots being typed instead of signed (this is allowable)
- no votes in the down-ballot elections (this, of course is allowable)
-stray pen marks on the ballots (there is nothing wrong with this)
-the envelopes not having a postmark on them (so many absentee ballots were of course hand-delivered to the clerks office)
-the address labels for the voter on the absentee envelopes all looking the same (these of course were created by the clerk’s office not the voter)

I am so proud of my State and County in the way that they have handled this process deliberately and with transparency and integrity. And yes, while it was uncomfortable at times being there, I did have some delightful conversations about life with the Trump campaign observers. This experience has helped me to realize that while we disagree on politics, we really do have so much in common...and I hope so for them too.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU88 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 am From a friend:

A week ago, a recount was requested in Wisconsin’s Dane and Milwaukee counties by the Trump campaign. For the past 5 days, poll workers in these two counties have been recounting ballots. They will take a break tomorrow for Thanksgiving, but this recount in Dane and Milwaukee counties will countinue until it’s completed, with a deadline of next Tuesday, December 1st.
Madison, Wisconsin, where my family and I have lived for the past 25 years, is the county seat for Dane County.
I’ve taken the opportunity to be a Biden campaign observer at the Monona Terrace Convention & Community Center held- Dane County recount, this past Friday, Saturday and Monday.
What I saw there was that the intent of the Trump campaign was not for this to be about a recount or exposing voter fraud, but rather an opportunity to challenge and object to anything and everything on the Dane Co. absentee ballots and absentee envelopes.
The Trump campaign observers at the Dane County recount (the folks who I met were bussed-in or carpooled up from the Janesville & Milton area and others who I met came from out-of-state) had a list in front of them and were objecting to and trying to challenge thinks like:

-the clerks initials on the ballots being typed instead of signed (this is allowable)
- no votes in the down-ballot elections (this, of course is allowable)
-stray pen marks on the ballots (there is nothing wrong with this)
-the envelopes not having a postmark on them (so many absentee ballots were of course hand-delivered to the clerks office)
-the address labels for the voter on the absentee envelopes all looking the same (these of course were created by the clerk’s office not the voter)

I am so proud of my State and County in the way that they have handled this process deliberately and with transparency and integrity. And yes, while it was uncomfortable at times being there, I did have some delightful conversations about life with the Trump campaign observers. This experience has helped me to realize that while we disagree on politics, we really do have so much in common...and I hope so for them too.
Thank your friend for me, please.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:19 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:18 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:59 am In other news, his lawyers missed the submission deadline for Third Circuit appeal in PA and when they did file 30 minutes after the deadline their brief was filled with typos and mis-spellings. Another legal dead end.
Does this just get them closer to being heard at the Supreme Court level? If dismissed at the Third Circuit is that the last remedy?

Also, does the Rep Kelly lawsuit have any shot to connect? Seems to me as knowing nothing about the law...........that this has no shot?
Bart, here is the DNC's response to the Kelly Complaint:

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... ef.pdf.pdf

Long shot would be kind.
What’s the read on todays ruling to have a hearing on this suit?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Flynn gets his scarlet P.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Bart wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:33 pm What’s the read on todays ruling to have a hearing on this suit?
If we are talking about the same case, the more significant aspect of this ruling is that it purports to enjoin Pennsylvania from doing something they have already done. Assuming the state has fully completed the certification process, this order is, in effect, a nullity.

On the other hand, it does signify that there is at least one judge who wants to try to put things on hold until a hearing is held on Friday.

This ruling was by a single intermediate appellate court judge. Even if that court were to issue a ruling favorable to T****, there is zero chance the Pennsylvania Supreme Court wouldn’t reverse the decision.

Update: Pennsylvania has appealed the appellate court’s injunction to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court which, according to press reports, stays the appellate court’s decision.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:34 pm Flynn gets his scarlet P.
Just a disgrace. Perfect.
Bart

Post by Bart »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:47 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:33 pm What’s the read on todays ruling to have a hearing on this suit?
If we are talking about the same case, the more significant aspect of this ruling is that it purports to enjoin Pennsylvania from doing something they have already done. Assuming the state has fully completed the certification process, this order is, in effect, a nullity.

On the other hand, it does signify that there is at least one judge who wants to try to put things on hold until a hearing is held on Friday.

This ruling was by a single intermediate appellate court judge. Even if that court were to issue a ruling favorable to T****, there is zero chance the Pennsylvania Supreme Court wouldn’t reverse the decision.

Update: Pennsylvania has appealed the appellate court’s injunction to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court which, according to press reports, stays the appellate court’s decision.
A stay is a stoppage of a proceeding? Is that correct?

Does the court need to lift the stay at any time? Can they effectively kill the measure this way?

I don't have a clue regarding the law. Thank you for answering these q's
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:07 pm
As I understand it, there may still be some justice at some point. The reason Flynn/Powell were trying to get out of the guilty plea is that by accepting a pardon Flynn ADMITS GUILT to the crime he is pardoned for and in any future cases he can no longer plead the 5th in response to questions from a potential prosecutor in any procedings connected to that case.

Expect that Bannon, Gates, Manfort, Giuliani, Papadop and Broidy are also on track for pardons as well as family members (including Jared's father) and, of course to attempt to pardon himself.
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Bart wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Does the court need to lift the stay at any time? Can they effectively kill the measure this way?

Yes. If the commentator’s statement is correct, Pennsylvania’s appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court stays the appellate judge’s injunction order. That would mean that Pennsylvania is no longer enjoined from taking any further action to certify the presidential election.

Given that PA has already certified the presidential election, however, this is all much ado about nothing.

I’m not positive about this, but if Trump wants the stay lifted, I think he needs to request that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court lift the stay and/or enjoin Pennsylvania from taking further action to certify the election (which, again, they have already done).

The Supreme Court could effectively kill the case by refusing to enjoin Pennsylvania from proceeding with certification and delaying it until after the December 8 safe harbor deadline. I think it is unlikely they will do that. I imagine they will rule pretty quickly.

Regardless of the twists and turns this case takes, at the end of the day, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, which has five Democratic justices and two Republican ones, will rule in the PA’s favor.

Theoretically, Trump could then try to appeal to the US Supreme Court.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:18 pm
As I understand it, there may still be some justice at some point. he reason Flynn/Powell were trying to get out of the guilty plea is that by accepting a pardon Flynn ADMITS GUILT to the crime he is pardoned for and in any future cases he can no longer plead the 5th in response to questions from a potential prosecutor in any procedings connected to that case.

Expect that Bannon, Gates, Manfort, Giuliani, Papadop and Broidy are also on track for pardons as well as family members (including Jared's father) and, of course to attempt to pardon himself.
Maybe there's still time to fabricate some charges against Carter Page too, so he can be pardoned.
Bart

Post by Bart »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:32 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Yes. If the commentator’s statement is correct, Pennsylvania’s appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court stays the appellate judge’s injunction order. That would mean that Pennsylvania is no longer enjoined from taking any further action to certify the presidential election.

Given that PA has already certified the presidential election, however, this is all much ado about nothing.

I’m not positive about this, but if Trump wants the stay lifted, I think he needs to request that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court lift the stay and/or enjoin Pennsylvania from taking further action to certify the election (which, again, they have already done).

The Supreme Court could effectively kill the case by refusing to enjoin Pennsylvania from proceeding with certification and delaying it until after the December 8 safe harbor deadline. I think it is unlikely they will do that. I imagine they will rule pretty quickly.

Regardless of the twists and turns this case takes, at the end of the day, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, which has five Democratic justices and two Republican ones, will rule in the PA’s favor.

Theoretically, Trump could then try to appeal to the US Supreme Court.
Interesting. Thanks
Typical Lax Dad

From the President of The United States of America

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 03424?s=21

The “most powerful man on the planet”.......
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:45 pm
As I understand it, there may still be some justice at some point. he reason Flynn/Powell were trying to get out of the guilty plea is that by accepting a pardon Flynn ADMITS GUILT to the crime he is pardoned for and in any future cases he can no longer plead the 5th in response to questions from a potential prosecutor in any procedings connected to that case.

Maybe there's still time to fabricate some charges against Carter Page too, so he can be pardoned.
Is fabricating charge on Old Salt's list of felonies that "don't count"? You've made up so many excuses as to why breaking the law is ok that I've lost track.

Thanks in advance......
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:11 pm

Is fabricating charge on Old Salt's list of felonies that "don't count"? You've made up so many excuses as to why breaking the law is ok that I've lost track.

Thanks in advance......
...& you want to further criminalize politics.
The DoJ admitted their abuse & overreach. It's wrong to lump Flynn & Papadop with the others.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:13 pm

Thanks in advance......
Says they guy who complained about using the US Government to go after political enemies......and then turned right around and told us that that's super cool, so long as we're going after Biden and the little D by his name.

Jury has returned, OS. Your feelings about US law, and ethics in governance are ENTIRELY dependent on the political party affiliation of the people involved. I don't understand why you think this way, but here we are.....

Hope you have a WONDERFUL Turkey Day with the missus and the pooches, though! We can agree to disagree!
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Thanks in advance......
Says they guy who complained about using the US Government to go after political enemies......and then turned right around and told us that that's super cool, so long as we're going after Biden and the little D by his name.

Jury has returned, OS. Your feelings about US law, and ethics in governance are ENTIRELY dependent on the political party affiliation of the people involved. I don't understand why you think this way, but here we are.....
...then turned right around and told us that that's super cool, so long as we're going after Biden and the little D by his name.

example please. I wanted the facts on the Biden family foreign influence peddling to become public. I never expected or called for them to be criminalized. I preferred the media do the snooping with the same vigor they brought to Trump family business dealings. Rudy was not a govt agent or operating covertly. He was trying to do the same thing that Glenn Simpson & Christopher Steele did for HRC & DNC, just not as effectively. He & Trump were not as slick as their predecessors.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Thanks in advance......

...then turned right around and told us that that's super cool, so long as we're going after Biden and the little D by his name.

example please. I wanted the facts on the Biden family foreign influence peddling to become public. I never expected or called for them to be criminalized. I preferred the media do the snooping with the same vigor they brought to Trump family business dealings. Rudy was not a govt agent or operating covertly. He was trying to do the same thing that Glenn Simpson & Christopher Steele did for HRC & DNC, just not as effectively. He & Trump were not as slick as their predecessors.
😢🎻
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 pm ]...then turned right around and told us that that's super cool, so long as we're going after Biden and the little D by his name.

example please.
No problemo. Trump, using the power of his office to call another world leader, asking him to announce a fake investigation into the Biden Family?

Old Salt's laughable reaction? Oh it's totally cool with you, and a complete 180 over your clutching at pearls over using the power of government to attack political enemies.

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 pm I wanted the facts on the Biden family foreign influence peddling to become public.
Again, yet another 180 from your feelings on conflicts of interest in governance. You mocked anyone who dared point out TrumpFamily conflicts of interest. Mock after mock after mock.

But the millisecond a little D hits Old Salt's radar? Out come the buffalo bagels as to how this conflict of interest "is different", and suddenly Old Salt gets religion, and now----hilariously, and with no shame-----tells us "gee whiz golly, even the potential of a conflict of interest in the BIden Family makes me woozy---I DEMAND that this get investigated.

And the best part? Your ridiculous idea of asking that the PRESS look into Biden conflicts, as if this somehow absolves your hypocrisy of not giving a *hit at the countless of conflicts of interest when Trump did it.

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 pm I never expected or called for them to be criminalized. I preferred the media do the snooping with the same vigor they brought to Trump family business dealings
Right. You want it both ways. You want to mock others for getting po'ed at the asinine Trump conflict....while out of the other side of your mouth, you want them to go after Hunter to your satisfaction.

Nope. That ain't how it works. What you SHOULD say is: I've said from the get go, that these conflicts are immaterial to governances, so we should ignore them.
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 pm Rudy was not a govt agent or operating covertly.
Right. "Therefore" it was ok.....that's your sales pitch? Please. No one is this stupid.
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 pm He was trying to do the same thing that Glenn Simpson & Christopher Steele did for HRC & DNC, just not as effectively.
FFS with these excuses, OS. Come on.

Hillary wasn't a sitting freaking President. And btw----you are LIVID at that document. You won't shut up about it.

Yet you're telling me that in your deluded mind, the Steele Dossier is the same thing as Rudy going to Urkaine to find dirt on Biden.....except you think the Steele Dossier is an attempted coup, while Giuliani's work is harmless.

Your entire worldview is 1000% dependent on little R's and D's. If the D's do it? Oh, it's coup. If the R's do it? Oh, it's totally fine, and everyone is stupid to be bothered by it......

Return to “POLITICS”