D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Live Game Action

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Albany out scores UVA 7-4 in the 3rd and now it’s 11-10 UVA going into the 4th
DMac

Post by DMac »

This game is just too much fun, Albany playing with a lot of confidence, loose and smooth too.
14-12 now, 6 minutes left. Falk fired this team up with 3 in a row.

Falk again...a Geiersbach like exhibition.
15-13 UA, 3:30 to go.

To the draw, 1 min to go, 15-14.

16-14, Albany. Final.
Last edited by DMac on Fri May 12, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

No shortage of drama
user1020

Post by user1020 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:23 pm No shortage of drama
I’m a new Albany fan after this game (still 1 minute left). They are a joy to watch offensively, especially 23 & 33. They are wickedly fast and athletic.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

hmmm wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:04 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:07 pm Hopkins looking very good against UMASS. Happy to eat some crow there.
Was curious why anyone was taking UMass. Obviously I’m biased. But could tell in first 5 mins UMass didn’t have the horses to run with Hop or deal with their pressure. Not sure why the A10 keeps getting multiple teams in. Who did UMass beat all year? Their best wins were UConn and Richmond. SOS was 54. Not even sure they should have been on tournament.
I picked UMass, and you are right. Hopkins made its superiority known pretty much from the opening draw. Congrats to them. I expect the Jay’s to give Syracuse a good game.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

user1020 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:25 pm
I’m a new Albany fan after this game (still 1 minute left). They are a joy to watch offensively, especially 23 & 33. They are wickedly fast and athletic.
I agree they are very fun to watch. The team chemistry was palpable and I don’t think I’ve enjoyed sideline celebrations more. To echo Dmac, they were playing loose. The kicking the field goal celebration made me laugh out loud.

Disclaimer: I’m sure many other teams in the tournament have excellent team chemistry and camaraderie as well. Albanys just stood out to me yesterday.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Completely agree, as UA narrowed the gap and then took the lead you could feel their energy and enthusiasm coming through your screen. A ton of fun to watch, am glad they were able to pull it off (was pulling for them to win this one from the beginning but it wasn't looking real good early on or through most of the game).
On another note, I really like the way SB finished their game v PS. No thought of milking the clock with 8-7-6 min to go.
Just kept attacking the cage and put the game away (no worries about the clock when you do that). A nice BTB goal, then Mesera (sp) toeing the line around the crease to stuff the final one in to give them a five goal lead eliminated any possibility of a PS comeback. They put one in with 20 some odd seconds to go to make it a 4 goal game but it was all over but the shouting at that point.
Don't like those red rectangles with the player's name on it on SB's uniforms...looks like they were put on as an afterthought....gotta get better unis, SB.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:50 am Completely agree, as UA narrowed the gap and then took the lead you could feel their energy and enthusiasm coming through your screen. A ton of fun to watch, am glad they were able to pull it off (was pulling for them to win this one from the beginning but it wasn't looking real good early on or through most of the game).
On another note, I really like the way SB finished their game v PS. No thought of milking the clock with 8-7-6 min to go.
Just kept attacking the cage and put the game away (no worries about the clock when you do that). A nice BTB goal, then Mesera (sp) toeing the line around the crease to stuff the final one in to give them a five goal lead eliminated any possibility of a PS comeback. They put one in with 20 some odd seconds to go to make it a 4 goal game but it was all over but the shouting at that point.
Don't like those red rectangles with the player's name on it on SB's uniforms...looks like they were put on as an afterthought....gotta get better unis, SB.
🤣🤣 I say that every time I watch about the names
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Some serious questions needs to start being asked about UVA..all credits to Albany. Played a heck of a game. But if you're UVA you can't lose this game. Disappointing considering the talent on this team and what we've seen them do against much better opponents. Rachel Clark is as good as gone IMO
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:05 am Some serious questions needs to start being asked about UVA..all credits to Albany. Played a heck of a game. But if you're UVA you can't lose this game. Disappointing considering the talent on this team and what we've seen them do against much better opponents. Rachel Clark is as good as gone IMO
Really? And your opinion is based on what, exactly? You think this pushes a rising junior -- a two year starter and its leading goals and points scorer -- to transfer and use her last two years elsewhere? I think you might be underestimating the value of a Virginia education and alumni network. I don't know her or her family; but I'd like to think that her choice of college doesn't depend on a bad game in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:33 am
Kleizaster wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:05 am Some serious questions needs to start being asked about UVA..all credits to Albany. Played a heck of a game. But if you're UVA you can't lose this game. Disappointing considering the talent on this team and what we've seen them do against much better opponents. Rachel Clark is as good as gone IMO
Really? And your opinion is based on what, exactly? You think this pushes a rising junior -- a two year starter and its leading goals and points scorer -- to transfer and use her last two years elsewhere? I think you might be underestimating the value of a Virginia education and alumni network. I don't know her or her family; but I'd like to think that her choice of college doesn't depend on a bad game in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
if you paid attention to transfers the pas few years, there is a clear trend. She's too good of a player for UVA's mediocrity. Could very well be wrong, but it's just my opinion.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:39 am
if you paid attention to transfers the pas few years, there is a clear trend. She's too good of a player for UVA's mediocrity. Could very well be wrong, but it's just my opinion.
OK, so your basis for this is transfer trends over the past few years? Just wondered if you had some inside knowledge. So far, you have A. Humphrey from Stanford exiting (not sure I'd blame her if she wants to play with at least little sister after eschewing UNC while Nicole was there), presumably to UNC, and Clark to an unknown destination. Anyone else? Better food in other campus facilities?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:39 am
Yesterdays loss was definitely a disappointing end to the season, but I think this years UVA team has been better than past ones and they have overall trended upward compared to seasons past. I think they were more consistent. JMO.

And what transfer trend are you talking about? Transfers in D1 in general or transfers from UVA? 5th years? Underclassmen? I haven’t noticed a pattern of UVA’s best underclassmen consistently transferring elsewhere.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:55 am
hmmm wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:04 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:07 pm Hopkins looking very good against UMASS. Happy to eat some crow there.
Was curious why anyone was taking UMass. Obviously I’m biased. But could tell in first 5 mins UMass didn’t have the horses to run with Hop or deal with their pressure. Not sure why the A10 keeps getting multiple teams in. Who did UMass beat all year? Their best wins were UConn and Richmond. SOS was 54. Not even sure they should have been on tournament.
I picked UMass, and you are right. Hopkins made its superiority known pretty much from the opening draw. Congrats to them. I expect the Jay’s to give Syracuse a good game.
I was impressed with Hopkins. I thought the game could be close and UMass might even win, but Hopkins came to play.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:33 am
user1020 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:25 pm
I agree they are very fun to watch. The team chemistry was palpable and I don’t think I’ve enjoyed sideline celebrations more. To echo Dmac, they were playing loose. The kicking the field goal celebration made me laugh out loud.

Disclaimer: I’m sure many other teams in the tournament have excellent team chemistry and camaraderie as well. Albanys just stood out to me yesterday.
I agree I loved the side-line celebrations. I also loved how 33 celebrated like it was her first goal ever every time she scored. Congrats to them on a great win.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

I agree. There are more aspects to college than what happens on the lacrosse field. If she truly wants to win a National Championship, then she should transfer. However, she is the leading scorer on a Top 20 ACC team, goes to a great university, and has all of her friends at UVA. Now on the topic of UVA lacrosse, they are just way too inconsistent. They’ll play great one game and terrible the next. Even within games, they played good for the first 60% of the game vs UA but fell apart late. They had a better season than the last few years though.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

user1020 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:30 am
I agree. There are more aspects to college than what happens on the lacrosse field. If she truly wants to win a National Championship, then she should transfer. However, she is the leading scorer on a Top 20 ACC team, goes to a great university, and has all of her friends at UVA. Now on the topic of UVA lacrosse, they are just way too inconsistent. They’ll play great one game and terrible the next. Even within games, they played good for the first 60% of the game vs UA but fell apart late. They had a better season than the last few years though.
The last time UVA was a true contender and elite ACC threat was when Clark a toddler. I’m sure she knew about the annual inconsistencies that have plagued to Hoos before committing to UVA. Hopefully she gets to be part of two more teams that try to push their way to a Memorial Day game. With Myers at the helm it will be a struggle, just something is off, that won’t allow the talent to mature. So difficult to watch from afar. Especially with BC recent, championship program emergence.
UVA has had glaring competitive holes in their roster for a decade. Good players sometimes great but not ACC elite talent compared to UNC, BC, ND and Duke. Draw girls that tip the field, elite groups of midfielders( offense/defense tone setters) and goalies. The likes of Sam A and Kenzie, Jenner, Giacolne&Dehane (?). Charlie Campbell was the last keeper that was close to an ACC talent.
Remarkable that they still make the tournament ever year with some of these glaring needs.
Clark stays and tries to right the ship, and goes down as one of the best to wear the orange and blue in the process.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:05 pm
user1020 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:30 am
The last time UVA was a true contender and elite ACC threat was when Clark a toddler. I’m sure she knew about the annual inconsistencies that have plagued to Hoos before committing to UVA. Hopefully she gets to be part of two more teams that try to push their way to a Memorial Day game. With Myers at the helm it will be a struggle, just something is off, that won’t allow the talent to mature. So difficult to watch from afar. Especially with BC recent, championship program emergence.
UVA has had glaring competitive holes in their roster for a decade. Good players sometimes great but not ACC elite talent compared to UNC, BC, ND and Duke. Draw girls that tip the field, elite groups of midfielders( offense/defense tone setters) and goalies. The likes of Sam A and Kenzie, Jenner, Giacolne&Dehane (?). Charlie Campbell was the last keeper that was close to an ACC talent.
Remarkable that they still make the tournament ever year with some of these glaring needs.
Clark stays and tries to right the ship, and goes down as one of the best to wear the orange and blue in the process.
I agree with seacoaster snd user1020
This uva team was an improvement over the past several years nothwithstanding their inexplicable collapse in the last 23 minutes of the game last night. They showed great top end range against unc, jmu and notre dame this year….but their inconsistency was troublingly consistent.
Clark is the featured player in the program. She has all of her friends and teammates and is on a team that finished 12th in the regular season. Unless she is deeply unhappy at uva, I would be surprised to see her transfer to chase a ring. Despite kleizasters assertion, moves like dirks and student and north’s are the exception rather than the rule. Most team leaders stay even if they aren’t a likely final 4 participant. Uva, notre dame, Duke, Loyola, Florida, and stony Brook, to name a few, are full of examples of programs that have had multiple players who were all Americans who decided to stay where they were, rather than transfer as an undergrad to Maryland, unc, northwestern or bc.

I’m assuming Clark could have gone wherever she wanted and chose uva for many reasons. Not sure anything has changed other than the team improved from her first year to her second….
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Sammy White. Damn girl.
madlaxer59

Post by madlaxer59 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:09 pm Sammy White. Damn girl.
JMU defeats Maryland by 1
So much for Defender U!!!!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”