The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by kramerica.inc »

But if you go to di$ney, you get cool rubber wristbands packaged in a swanky carboard box!!

:lol:

Kids or no kids, there's no excuse.

It's a major red flag if you ever see an adult wearing mouse ears. Double if they take a picture of it, triple if they have a matching watch.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

There's a bunch of BS being spouted on here about Disney's control and what they pay for it, and why they'd be willing to do so.

If I'm not mistaken, Disney's regular tax is $40 million, plus the extra $160 million for control...Disney wouldn't have to pay that $160 million any more.

But what they would lose is the ability to ensure that the visitors will have a pristine "Disney" experience, rather than relying on the general services a county may or may not be able to provide. Decisions and priorities currently can be swiftly executed upon, but if this goes through, Disney would be hamstrung by whatever slow moving bureaucracy etc the county and state may have instead.

Disney would pay less, but not have the brand security they do now...all because of a petulant, thin-skinned Governor and his boot licking legislature. Other taxpayers would need to pay significantly more, Disney would pay less.

But looks like this will get blown up out of the gate by the illegality of the action given the bondholders situation.

Meanwhile, the jerks will have their little moment of performance for the right wing. Perfectly Trumpian, only thinking about the immediate endorphin rush of the next tweet...

But they'll also lose the large financial support Disney had previously provided to Florida and national level GOP politicians, which had previously been quite disproportionate to the GOP benefit versus Dems.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:34 pm But if you go to di$ney, you get cool rubber wristbands packaged in a swanky carboard box!!

:lol:

Kids or no kids, there's no excuse.

It's a major red flag if you ever see an adult wearing mouse ears. Double if they take a picture of it, triple if they have a matching watch.
I met Michael Eisner and his wife once. We both had to stand in the back of a chapel during a convocation. Had a good conversation with him. He put on mouse ears the next day.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:37 pm There's a bunch of BS being spouted on here about Disney's control and what they pay for it, and why they'd be willing to do so.

If I'm not mistaken, Disney's regular tax is $40 million, plus the extra $160 million for control...Disney wouldn't have to pay that $160 million any more.

But what they would lose is the ability to ensure that the visitors will have a pristine "Disney" experience, rather than relying on the general services a county may or may not be able to provide. Decisions and priorities currently can be swiftly executed upon, but if this goes through, Disney would be hamstrung by whatever slow moving bureaucracy etc the county and state may have instead.

Disney would pay less, but not have the brand security they do now...all because of a petulant, thin-skinned Governor and his boot licking legislature. Other taxpayers would need to pay significantly more, Disney would pay less.

But looks like this will get blown up out of the gate by the illegality of the action given the bondholders situation.

Meanwhile, the jerks will have their little moment of performance for the right wing. Perfectly Trumpian, only thinking about the immediate endorphin rush of the next tweet...

But they'll also lose the large financial support Disney had previously provided to Florida and national level GOP politicians, which had previously been quite disproportionate to the GOP benefit versus Dems.

Here’s where you’re incorrect MD: as a strong supporter of Governor Desantis, I disagree with his position here.

Imagine: actually disagreeing with someone you support!!! Revolutionary!!

But I’d add that no one really knows the math, because there will be follow-on laws and adjustments (assuming this even happens, which it won’t). The Democratic tax collector of Orange County is angling fir his 15 minutes, but he has no clue, because the follow up adjustments haven’t even been debated let alone passed.

In any event, everyone is bursting their appendixes here over something that’ll never come to pass. All because a company didn’t understand the Parent’s Bill and had to shut up their lunatic woke employees who were characteristically hyperventilating.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:57 pm All because a company didn’t understand the Parent’s Bill and had to shut up their lunatic woke employees who were characteristically hyperventilating.
You mean the bill that you still haven't read, Pete?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:22 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:57 pm All because a company didn’t understand the Parent’s Bill and had to shut up their lunatic woke employees who were characteristically hyperventilating.
You mean the bill that you still haven't read, Pete?

The bill that forbids state curricula that discuss sex and gender theory to 3-8 year olds? I’ve read that bill. It’s a great bill. Protects kids from possible Marxist loons infiltrating school districts and inserting curricula that nearly every parent opposes. Great bill, great leadership from Desantis.

The bill on Reedy Creek I haven’t read, because it’ll never be made law. Disney however should stick to its knitting and not cave to their squeaky wheel lunatic libs who toil in their cinematic animation department. They should fire those loons.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:15 pm The bill that forbids state curricula that discuss sex and gender theory to 3-8 year olds?
That right there tells me you didn't read it. What you'll find is the phrase "age appropriate" everywhere in that law. Yet YOU think that the wording is like being 21 in order to buy a beer. Nope. That's not what is says. Don't believe me? Well....read the law, my man.

It baffles me that you are so invested in this law, yet you REFUSE to read the actual law.

And again, this is coming from a guy who doesn't have a problem with the law.

Pete, FFS, read the doggone bill, my man.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Anyone heard from Joe or Kamala or the media on this?

https://www.safetynewsalert.com/news/wh ... e-to-come/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:00 am Anyone heard from Joe or Kamala or the media on this?

Food scarcity is for the poors, not the DC Democratic elite!!!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:00 am Anyone heard from Joe or Kamala or the media on this?

why would this rise to that level? This is definitely worthy of FBI attention and food companies certainly should pay attention, but POTUS and VP talking about it publicly???

FBI warns of issues, several plant accidents (or not)...yeah, might turn into a serious problem if actually terrorism...FBI are on it, according to this article, food companies paying attention...

But you don't think that Biden and Harris have other challenges to deal with, at their level, that would be higher priority than what the FBI is doing directly to support food companies, figure out whether terrorism?

More importantly, do you think everything in their daily briefings should be then transmitted in public warnings by them? Heck, they'd never be doing anything but that...

I guarantee, however, that if they identify it as actual terrorism, say from the Russians, they'll tell us...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:25 pm

why would this rise to that level? This is definitely worthy of FBI attention and food companies certainly should pay attention, but POTUS and VP talking about it publicly???

FBI warns of issues, several plant accidents (or not)...yeah, might turn into a serious problem if actually terrorism...FBI are on it, according to this article, food companies paying attention...

But you don't think that Biden and Harris have other challenges to deal with, at their level, that would be higher priority than what the FBI is doing directly to support food companies, figure out whether terrorism?

More importantly, do you think everything in their daily briefings should be then transmitted in public warnings by them? Heck, they'd never be doing anything but that...

I guarantee, however, that if they identify it as actual terrorism, say from the Russians, they'll tell us...

:roll: thanks, god ;) . Have you learned nothing from cv-19.... Last I checked, food is important. I certainly recall ole (empty) lunch bucket Joe warning of food shortages....coincidence, aww eff it who cares.

When it is not communicated to the US, and we find out AFTER the fact.....well, then, its too late now isn't it? But hey, when things are not in the news, did they ever happen, according to you, its not worth it, lets wait until its chaos.

God forbid a poster drop something that could evolve into grave concern for our population.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:40 pm

:roll: thanks, god ;) . Have you learned nothing from cv-19.... Last I checked, food is important. I certainly recall ole (empty) lunch bucket Joe warning of food shortages....coincidence, aww eff it who cares.

When it is not communicated to the US, and we find out AFTER the fact.....well, then, its too late now isn't it? But hey, when things are not in the news, did they ever happen, according to you, its not worth it, lets wait until its chaos.

God forbid a poster drop something that could evolve into grave concern for our population.
boy, that's a much more whacked out take than I'd expect of you, youth.

The people who can do something about this 'threat', if it actually is such, have been notified. The FBI is 'on it', the food companies are 'on it'...what are you thinking, that you need to go do a stock up of Twinkies?

Seriously, when Covid hit, the concern was an actual closure of all or most food production capabilities, the inability to run any processing plants, while figuring out how the virus travels...not a handful of plants shut down by some terrorist attacks a plant at a time. Not that there shouldn't be concern by the appropriate people in making sure they shore up any vulnerabilities, but we're just not remotely facing any kind of industry wide closure.

Ukraine not producing grain is worlds of magnitude more serious an issue.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:30 pm

The people who can do something about this 'threat', if it actually is such, have been notified. The FBI is 'on it', the food companies are 'on it'...what are you thinking, that you need to go do a stock up of Twinkies?

Seriously, when Covid hit, the concern was an actual closure of all or most food production capabilities, the inability to run any processing plants, while figuring out how the virus travels...not a handful of plants shut down by some terrorist attacks a plant at a time. Not that there shouldn't be concern by the appropriate people in making sure they shore up any vulnerabilities, but we're just not remotely facing any kind of industry wide closure.

For someone who pats his back about knowing tech....your focus must only be c-suite stuff. With everything tech inside a manufacturing plant, it can indeed incite catastrophic failure(s)...quite similar stuff to Stuxnet. But hey.....the FBI is on it, can you please pass be the grey poupon MD.

You proved my point.... "When covid hit"...how about we openly discuss/address this by our POTUS before anything "hits" and then we have to react.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:30 pm

For someone who pats his back about knowing tech....your focus must only be c-suite stuff. With everything tech inside a manufacturing plant, it can indeed incite catastrophic failure(s)...quite similar stuff to Stuxnet. But hey.....the FBI is on it, can you please pass be the grey poupon MD.

You proved my point.... "When covid hit"...how about we openly discuss/address this by our POTUS before anything "hits" and then we have to react.
discuss what, youth?
I'm 100% in favor of the FBI and DHS making a big deal of this with food companies (and a bunch of other industries), but there's zero for the average consumer to do about this possible threat.

Yes, there's all kinds of ways digital penetrations could foul up a manufacturing plant, including causing explosions etc. And sure, that'd be a problem, if food companies don't protect their infrastructure. Bang the drum if you'd like. But to those who need to know and respond, not all the rest of us.

BTW, I'm far more concerned about water and energy systems than I am about our very distributed food systems. Yes, these are serious threats. But food would be much more resilient given its distribution...important, but not nearly as vulnerable to massive failure.

But it ain't like this needs POTUS or VP to say more about it to the general public, unless there's a need to garner more financial support from congress and a need for public pressure to do so.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:lol: :lol: :roll:
ahh youth...did you get this from Carlson or one of those conspiracy blogs...?

Seriously, if this is or becomes a real thing, then I want the FBI and DHS on it and I want the food industry to take it seriously...there really could be cyber threats from Russia due to our support of Ukraine, so pay attention professionals, please.

Water and energy...financial systems...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:14 pm

Seriously, if this is or becomes a real thing, then I want the FBI and DHS on it and I want the food industry to take it seriously...there really could be cyber threats from Russia due to our support of Ukraine, so pay attention professionals, please.

This isn't easy to say but if I'm suppose to believe anything any Republican says.. I would believe Tucker before I would believe ANY of your faux Republican FLP liberal tripe. Why do you continue to pretend to be a Republican?? Why wouldn't your own party never let you in the door at the RNC? Stop lying to everybody and trying to bullchit people who know who you are and where you stand. Your something alright, I don't know what that something is?? I do know you don't speak for nor do your wild ass FLP sentiments represent the sentiments of the life long Republicans that I know. If you are soooo correct in your beliefs then you are correct and 98.8 % of your own party is wrong. Blame that on trump... I get that...
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:38 pm

This isn't easy to say but if I'm suppose to believe anything any Republican says.. I would believe Tucker before I would believe ANY of your faux Republican FLP liberal tripe. Why do you continue to pretend to be a Republican?? Why wouldn't your own party never let you in the door at the RNC? Stop lying to everybody and trying to bullchit people who know who you are and where you stand. Your something alright, I don't know what that something is?? I do know you don't speak for nor do your wild ass FLP sentiments represent the sentiments of the life long Republicans that I know. If you are soooo correct in your beliefs then you are correct and 98.8 % of your own party is wrong. Blame that on trump... I get that...
Have another bad day, cradle?
Very repetitive.
How about doing a little homework before popping off?
Try the article, '72 linked....you needn't believe me.

Beautiful weather here in Baltimore today, grass growing fast so several hours on the tractor...dogs had a really good day.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:38 pm

Have another bad day, cradle?
Very repetitive.
How about doing a little homework before popping off?
Try the article, '72 linked....you needn't believe me.

Beautiful weather here in Baltimore today, grass growing fast so several hours on the tractor...dogs had a really good day.
I have no reservations about "popping off" when it comes to your desecration of your party. FTR you spout off on our forum every damn day how repulsed you are by your own party. In your next breath you declare yourself to be a LIFELONG MEMBER of the party you despise so much... Chit or get off the pot dude. Does the irony of your own words not hit home to you??? You don't represent the mainstream thinking of your own party. Why do I bust your balls telling you that you would NEVER be invited to speak at your own parties national convention??? ;) If you choose to stop being disegenuous you could disavow your membership in YOUR party that so disgusts you. I turned my back on the Democrat party decades ago. When they no longer represented my beliefs. There is nothing wrong with being an independent. Your no more a Republican than I am a Democrat. Your just scared to admit that. The only bizarre rationale is you think your mission in life is to persuade Republicans to your point of view.. good luck with that. Let me know when your party invites you to speak at the RNC in the next presidential election. :lol: FTR, the garden is looking good. I'm going out to rototill this afternoon. Roxy had her 4th birthday yesterday. I grilled her a hamburger on the grill.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:D glad Roxy got a good B-day treat.

I'm not 'scared' to say that I reject what the current incarnation of the GOP has largely become, but I also haven't given up hope that the fever will break at some point and the GOP can participate again in rational governance for the public good.

Looks like it'll take awhile.

Return to “POLITICS”