All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:15 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 am
By ignoring the events in cities enabled by liberal progressives across the country that's exactly what you're doing.

A 10 month old girl was shot in Chicago Monday with 22 others— 2 fatally. 58 shot over the weekend—6 fatally

35 shot in New York City—a 1 year old boy shot to death. Di Blasio could be the worst bureaucrat ever seen.
I'm confused. You've been yelling at us for months that the 150K...and counting.....American covid death is no big deal, and we should just live our lives, and not care about that.

And yet you're telling me 58 people were killed over the weekend...and I'm supposed to care?

You lost me. 58 is quite a bit less than 150K, 6ft. Why would I care about that 58?
There were 6 fatalities.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:13 am You don't get to scream 'the sky is falling' without pushback. The sky isn't falling, and the tides have turned yet again, as predicted by sensible analysts. The facts are that hospital systems are far from overrun
So as long as the hospitals aren't overrun, we're all set, right? Got it.

Are the hospitals overrun from unrest in Portland? Nope, right? Great. So Pete says we're all set, nothing to worry about. The sky isn't falling.

Move on.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:13 am Why has Big Tech joined with Big Pharma to silence some dissenting medical opinions on hydroxychloriquine? Are you okay with that? If you post a video on Facebook/Twitter now that their democrat led snuff teams don't like, one can get silenced now. Ask DJ Trump Jr. Kevin Roose (tech reporter for the NYT) complains to his friend Andy Stone who heads up Facebook's Comms team, who used to run the same for Barbara Boxer, about a video that Trump Jr posted, and DJ Trump Jr's video gets deleted, and his accounts suspended.
I can see how a pro government toadie would get upset about a private company running its company any way they damn well please.

I think Facebook should be regulated, and forced by the .gov to only post what Trump wants. All set now, comrade Pete?

Any other pro-government comments you'd like to get off your chest, Comrade?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:17 am a fan is doing some remarkable performance art. If he is so concerned about 'death' (ooooooohhhhhhhhhh, scary thought!),
You're not paying attention. You and sixfoot have won me over. I don't give a sh*t about any of my fellow Americans.

You have set the bar yourself, Pete. If the "hospitals aren't overwhelmed", nothing is an issue of concern.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:20 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:13 am You don't get to scream 'the sky is falling' without pushback. The sky isn't falling, and the tides have turned yet again, as predicted by sensible analysts. The facts are that hospital systems are far from overrun
So as long as the hospitals aren't overrun, we're all set, right? Got it.

Are the hospitals overrun from unrest in Portland? Nope, right? Great. So Pete says we're all set, nothing to worry about. The sky isn't falling.

Move on.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:13 am Why has Big Tech joined with Big Pharma to silence some dissenting medical opinions on hydroxychloriquine? Are you okay with that? If you post a video on Facebook/Twitter now that their democrat led snuff teams don't like, one can get silenced now. Ask DJ Trump Jr. Kevin Roose (tech reporter for the NYT) complains to his friend Andy Stone who heads up Facebook's Comms team, who used to run the same for Barbara Boxer, about a video that Trump Jr posted, and DJ Trump Jr's video gets deleted, and his accounts suspended.
I can see how a pro government toadie would get upset about a private company running its company any way they damn well please.

I think Facebook should be regulated, and forced by the .gov to only post what Trump wants. All set now, comrade Pete?

Any other pro-government comments you'd like to get off your chest, Comrade?

When you're indifferent to the loss of speech in any form, you'll be the first to scream when you lose yours (which you will). It's too predictable to know ahead of time who doesn't ultimately really care about free speech, because those same people don't care when private orgs silence their enemies in the first place.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:23 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:17 am a fan is doing some remarkable performance art. If he is so concerned about 'death' (ooooooohhhhhhhhhh, scary thought!),
You're not paying attention. You and sixfoot have won me over. I don't give a sh*t about any of my fellow Americans.

You have set the bar yourself, Pete. If the "hospitals aren't overwhelmed", nothing is an issue of concern.

If you care about human beings and their health, wouldn't you not peddle liquor?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

how come d-sol doesn't get any play!?!?!
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/28/new-yor ... -says.html

good news is cuomo is appalled at the violations, and will have the department of health investigate. he/they also have no tolerance for the illegal & reckless endangerment of public health. so there's that.

i can only assume the peasants were at least allowed to cater the cocktail party element. i really wish i was able to make stuff up this good. 2020, what a year. d-sol on the jam!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:25 am
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:23 am

If you care about human beings and their health, wouldn't you not peddle liquor?
Still not listening, are you ?

Can't find any holes in your logic, so I'm on board with your and 6ft's worldview: if the hospitals aren't overflowing, I don't care.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:25 am When you're indifferent to the loss of speech in any form, you'll be the first to scream when you lose yours (which you will). It's too predictable to know ahead of time who doesn't ultimately really care about free speech, because those same people don't care when private orgs silence their enemies in the first place.
Right. Let us know when you allow a BLM rally at your workspace.

Or when FoxNews will let me on air whenever I want. That's your idea of free speech. The owner of the business or printing press...in this case, Facebook, makes the rules. You can't make facebook print what you want anymore than you can make Breitbart print what you want.

What you are telling us here, is that if Breitbart refuses to print your OpEd, or your "comments' in the comment section, they're restricting free speech.

This is just about the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Did you attend ANY classes at U Florida, Pete? ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:25 am When you're indifferent to the loss of speech in any form, you'll be the first to scream when you lose yours (which you will). It's too predictable to know ahead of time who doesn't ultimately really care about free speech, because those same people don't care when private orgs silence their enemies in the first place.

Or when FoxNews will let me on air whenever I want. That's your idea of free speech. The owner of the business or printing press...in this case, Facebook, makes the rules. You can't make facebook print what you want anymore than you can make Breitbart print what you want.

What you are telling us here, is that if Breitbart refuses to print your OpEd, or your "comments' in the comment section, they're restricting free speech.

... you don't understand. Peanut Butters and 6" think you are suppressing their free speech if you don't agree with them. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Just going to leave this here as a reminder that it is no joke; nor, insult!

USA TODAY:

'Deeply committed' doctor, head of ICU at Baltimore hospital dies from coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 523982002/
The parent, not the coach.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Twitter and FB are speech platforms, wildly different than FoxNews or my place of work. Supposedly, they are agnostic platforms, which we know they are not. I don't get too particularly worked up about what they do; by stifling speech, they ultimately injure their market value.

But here's the real deal: I'd advise any platform to allow speech so long as it does not cause injury or harm. In the case of DJT Jr, the issue was a speech given by some doctors who said that hydroxychloroquine was a decent antidote to the early stages of Covid. The reality is most doctors are prescribing it with early onset of the virus, and Big Pharma does not like that because it is a generic drug (no profits).

Twitter and FB upper management do not like Trump (or Republicans for that matter), hence the suppression of speech with a flimsy excuse of protecting Covid information. They operate as opaque black boxes into which users have absolutely no insight or voice and simply accept that a handful of people in Silicon Valley will decide what a third of the earth’s population have the right to hear and discuss. Their content review groups are unknown except internally, but it is easy enough to guess their political demographic.

It's not the end of the world, but were I a shareholder, I'd be hacked. All Trump Senior needs to do to halve Twitter's stock is decamp to Parler; FB is more solid.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm Twitter and FB are speech platforms
Says you. I say they're in the advertising business. In any event, so what?
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm wildly different than FoxNews or my place of work. Supposedly, they are agnostic platform
According to whom, you?

Once again, you want to step in and tell a business how to run their business. And yet you want me to worry about a bunch of idiots in Portland?

You are the one to worry about here----you want the .gov to step in and tell facebook how to run its business. THAT is restriction of free speech, Pete.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm But here's the real deal: I'd advise any platform to allow speech so long as it does not cause injury or harm.
Why would Facebook care what you think? If Zuckerberg rings you up, and tells you to change your business plan, you'll bark like a seal and say "yes sir", right?
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm They operate as opaque black boxes into which users have absolutely no insight or voice and simply accept that a handful of people in Silicon Valley will decide what a third of the earth’s population have the right to hear and discuss.
You don't know the first thing about freedom, Pete. And you'd let us slip into the warm water of fascism if you had the chance.

Know how to solve the "facebook problem", Pete? It's realllly difficult.

1. Don't use facebook. I know, I know. That's really hard to do.
2. Start your own damn company, and you can do whatever you like.
ggait

Post by ggait »

So Dr. Birks traveled out yesterday to Nashville to see the TN governor and other officials in person:

“Basically I have come to Tennessee as I have to Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky because of the spread of the virus in this area,” said Dr. Deborah Birx. Along with Governor Bill Lee and Nashville’s top officials at Tennessee’s National Guard headquarters, Dr. Birx spent nearly four hours talking with them about the state’s increasing COVID-19 rates.

“So every Tennessean today in order to get back to school, in order for our businesses to stay open, every Tennessean whether you live in a rural area, suburban, or urban area, you need to wear a mask,” she told reporters. “Stop going to bars, indeed close the bars and limit your indoor dining and if you wash your hands and social distance, you can have as big an impact as sheltering in place,” added Dr. Birx.

TN Governor's response:

Shortly after Birx spoke, Lee said he would not close bars, limit indoor dining or give county officials the authority to do so. Only a few areas are able to close businesses without the governor's approval. Gov, though, is allowing local mayors to decide if they want to require masks or not.

That's what you call leadership!!

SMH
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:33 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm Twitter and FB are speech platforms
Says you. I say they're in the advertising business. In any event, so what?
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm wildly different than FoxNews or my place of work. Supposedly, they are agnostic platform
According to whom, you?

Once again, you want to step in and tell a business how to run their business. And yet you want me to worry about a bunch of idiots in Portland?

You are the one to worry about here----you want the .gov to step in and tell facebook how to run its business. THAT is restriction of free speech, Pete.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm But here's the real deal: I'd advise any platform to allow speech so long as it does not cause injury or harm.
Why would Facebook care what you think? If Zuckerberg rings you up, and tells you to change your business plan, you'll bark like a seal and say "yes sir", right?
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm They operate as opaque black boxes into which users have absolutely no insight or voice and simply accept that a handful of people in Silicon Valley will decide what a third of the earth’s population have the right to hear and discuss.
You don't know the first thing about freedom, Pete. And you'd let us slip into the warm water of fascism if you had the chance.

Know how to solve the "facebook problem", Pete? It's realllly difficult.

1. Don't use facebook. I know, I know. That's really hard to do.
2. Start your own damn company, and you can do whatever you like.
what i find fascinating, and maybe we're just in the early innings on the evolution front.... is why this hasn't happened yet to any great effect. 35-40% of the country? we could get a lot of echo chambers going on both sides.

same with a widely followed objective cable news organization finding its niche. and it's not really a niche. (20-30% of the country?) sex sells too much, i guess.

the markets here are incredible and plumb for the taking.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

By ignoring the events in cities enabled by liberal progressives across the country that's exactly what you're doing.

A 10 month old girl was shot in Chicago Monday with 22 others— 2 fatally. 58 shot over the weekend—6 fatally

35 shot in New York City—a 1 year old boy shot to death. Di Blasio could be the worst bureaucrat ever seen.
I'm confused. You've been yelling at us for months that the 150K...and counting.....American covid death is no big deal, and we should just live our lives, and not care about that.
Thats a lie.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Jim Malone wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:05 pm Just going to leave this here as a reminder that it is no joke; nor, insult!

USA TODAY:

'Deeply committed' doctor, head of ICU at Baltimore hospital dies from coronavirus

Thanks, it was in the Sun as well.
These folks on the front lines are on the side of the angels.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:53 pm

Thats a lie.
"use your words" 6ft and explain how that's not what you and Petey have been saying...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Jim Malone wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:05 pm Just going to leave this here as a reminder that it is no joke; nor, insult!

USA TODAY:

Thanks for posting. I have no idea why more people don’t take this virus seriously. We would all be better off in the long run.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm what i find fascinating, and maybe we're just in the early innings on the evolution front.... is why this hasn't happened yet to any great effect. 35-40% of the country? we could get a lot of echo chambers going on both sides.
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to why they haven't come up with "their own" facebook type platform.

TrumpFans can't code? Is that it?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Twitter and FB are speech platforms, wildly different than FoxNews or my place of work. Supposedly, they are agnostic platforms, which we know they are not. I don't get too particularly worked up about what they do; by stifling speech, they ultimately injure their market value.

But here's the real deal: I'd advise any platform to allow speech so long as it does not cause injury or harm. In the case of DJT Jr, the issue was a speech given by some doctors who said that hydroxychloroquine was a decent antidote to the early stages of Covid. The reality is most doctors are prescribing it with early onset of the virus, and Big Pharma does not like that because it is a generic drug (no profits).

Twitter and FB upper management do not like Trump (or Republicans for that matter), hence the suppression of speech with a flimsy excuse of protecting Covid information. They operate as opaque black boxes into which users have absolutely no insight or voice and simply accept that a handful of people in Silicon Valley will decide what a third of the earth’s population have the right to hear and discuss. Their content review groups are unknown except internally, but it is easy enough to guess their political demographic.

It's not the end of the world, but were I a shareholder, I'd be hacked. All Trump Senior needs to do to halve Twitter's stock is decamp to Parler; FB is more solid.
It would be great if Trump and Petey moved to Parler. ;)

Return to “POLITICS”