Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:49 pm Prison rules yo.
Yep. A friend from high school is a CO....he was at a bar a few months ago and saw a pretty boy tending bar..... chatting up ladies. My friend recognized him from his cell block....he said some big dude in prison owned that *ss....dude saw my friend....he soon quit....😂😂😂

State penitentiary in Ohio....I have all kinds of prison stories.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I joke about it probably too often but I don't think most people really appreciate what jail/prison means. A complete rewriting of the rules of one's freedom. And that's before "house rules" set in where there's a whole other set of threats. That's why affluent or political(ly connected) folks should get the same treatment as everyone else. Would make them think twice about being blindly "tough on law and order (when it applies to lower class and people otuside my circle)".
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:05 pm I joke about it probably too often but I don't think most people really appreciate what jail/prison means. A complete rewriting of the rules of one's freedom. And that's before "house rules" set in where there's a whole other set of threats. That's why affluent or political(ly connected) folks should get the same treatment as everyone else. Would make them think twice about being blindly "tough on law and order (when it applies to lower class and people otuside my circle)".
Two guys that were bullies on the outside were turned out on the inside. Kool-aid make-up and all....
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:23 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:15 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: ↑Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:31 pm
Take George Stephanopoulos' word for it..

George: @ 6:18 "there was not enough fraud to overturn the election". Freudian slip?
Massively dumb comment by YA. Beyond moronic -- if he believed it. Which he doesn't. So just more cynical partisan axe-grinding and gas-lighting.

Roughly 150 million people voted. That's about the same number of checks/ACHs that get processed by the U.S. banking system on any given business days. Are 100.00% of those checks/ACH legit? Of course not. But are the overwhelming vast majority of them AOK. Of course they are.

So YA is saying that because a few people pass bad checks, we can't trust the entire U.S. banking system. So we can't rely on any of those money transfers and we have to shut it all down.

Total Bravo Sierra. And YA knows it.
+1
See reply to ggait. And to add, MD agrees with me...in a way only he can articulate without sounding like he is agreeing with me. :lol:

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:03 pm
Apparently you've missed my strong feeling that any election fraud should be vigorously prosecuted, serving as a deterrent for any other...
But remember - the level of detected fraud is TINY compared to the number of votes counted. A handful here, a handful there or less. The biggest fraud in the last couple of years involved a Republican operative in NC who collected absentee ballots and dumped some (likely votes for the D opponent) and filled out others. Numbers still were in the hundreds of votes, and enough to make a difference in a very close race, which was rerun. Did not change ANY race other than the congressional one...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:33 pm

George: @ 6:18 "there was not enough fraud to overturn the election". Freudian slip?
Massively dumb comment by YA. Beyond moronic -- if he believed it. Which he doesn't. So just more cynical partisan axe-grinding and gas-lighting.

Roughly 150 million people voted. That's about the same number of checks/ACHs that get processed by the U.S. banking system on any given business days. Are 100.00% of those checks/ACH legit? Of course not. But are the overwhelming vast majority of them AOK. Of course they are.

So YA is saying that because a few people pass bad checks, we can't trust the entire U.S. banking system. So we can't rely on any of those money transfers and we have to shut it all down.

+1
See reply to ggait. And to add, MD agrees with me...in a way only he can articulate without sounding like he is agreeing with me. :lol:

Apparently you've missed my strong feeling that any election fraud should be vigorously prosecuted, serving as a deterrent for any other...
But remember - the level of detected fraud is TINY compared to the number of votes counted. A handful here, a handful there or less. The biggest fraud in the last couple of years involved a Republican operative in NC who collected absentee ballots and dumped some (likely votes for the D opponent) and filled out others. Numbers still were in the hundreds of votes, and enough to make a difference in a very close race, which was rerun. Did not change ANY race other than the congressional one...
Until it is not TINY. It needs a bit of fixin.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:11 pm Until it is not TINY. It needs a bit of fixin.
When you say "it", which election are you referring to?

We have hundreds of elections---hundreds of different ballots----in America.

Which one "needs fixin"?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I know, those cats didn't do enough to make Trump win clearly. Needs some fixin. Not enough fraud in the system!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:11 pm Until it is not TINY. It needs a bit of fixin.

Which one "needs fixin"?
The election issues we have been trying to fix here on fanlax in the appropriate here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2489
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ggait

Post by ggait »

Again, the point is openly accepting that any fraud is okay. And yes, it upsets me that Trump magnified it, but it also speaks to his argument about swamp creatures...even when it included him. I suppose its just best to sit down, shut up, and question nothing....like a good like communist.
Come on YA -- you know this is Bravo Sierra.

To continue to use my metaphor, Trump actually did maintain that the entire banking system is corrupt and unreliable. So it all needs to be shut down. Which means that you can't get your paycheck via ACH. Because a couple of guys are passing bad checks to buy cigs at a corner grocery store somewhere. See -- FRAUD!! So no paycheck for you!!

The fact is that the election system, like the banking system, is highly reliable. Both process millions of valid transactions accurately. And vote fraudsters get prosecuted just like check forgers do.

So the actual election fraud is the Big Lie that the GOP tells you about election fraud. As GOP election law guru Ben Ginsburg so accurately nails it:

The truth is that over all those years Republicans found only isolated incidents of fraud. Proof of systematic fraud has become the Loch Ness Monster of the Republican Party. People have spent a lot of time looking for it, but it doesn’t exist.

The GOP cares about winning elections as a minority party. So it is in favor of voting rules that make it harder for Dem demographics to vote. They care not one bit about fraud. Fraud claims are the Trojan Horse to suppress Dem votes. And such measures are currently being pursued in GA, AZ, TX etc.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:19 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:16 pm

Which one "needs fixin"?
The election issues we have been trying to fix here on fanlax in the appropriate here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2489
Right. So----tell your Republican leaders that you want the Colorado System.

I'm sure they'll get right on that, and willingly lose elections because it's "too easy" to vote. ;)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Don't worry, they use wonder bread bags and olive oil to supplement the latter....

:lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

+1

well, perhaps you may be the only one who can see that as agreement as 'acceptance' of fraud... ;)

Yes, it's naive to think there's no election fraud, no check fraud, no scam artists of whatever sort.

So, staying with the 'check' analogy, we devise systems that make it extremely easy to move money just with a phone while also developing algorithms that catch fraudulent activity... and we investigate and prosecute the bad guys actively. But we sure as heck don't make it hard to move money, pay bills, etc.

As a result, issues with phone enabled money movement are extremely low, but not non-existent. We keep it to a level not material enough to do otherwise.

Same should be the case (and is) for any sort of election fraud. Devise systems to detect, investigate and prosecute any perps...and make sure the punishment is very discouraging to anyone else.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The Lincoln Project ultimatum to the sh@stack known as Rudolph Giuliani:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectLinco ... 5570393090
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:57 pm The Lincoln Project ultimatum to the sh@stack known as Rudolph Giuliani:

That is a GREAT letter.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:16 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:57 pm The Lincoln Project ultimatum to the sh@stack known as Rudolph Giuliani:

That is a GREAT letter.
The kind you dream you could actually write and send.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Exactly. The kind you draft up and even your secretary says "you better not send it." But you sure feel good writing it.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:56 pm Exactly. The kind you draft up and even your secretary says "you better not send it." But you sure feel good writing it.
Exactly. “That was fun, but you can’t send it.”

CNN reporting two South Carolina lawyer have left Trump’s impeachment defense team. Bill, there is still time!!
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:24 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:56 pm Exactly. The kind you draft up and even your secretary says "you better not send it." But you sure feel good writing it.

CNN reporting two South Carolina lawyer have left Trump’s impeachment defense team. Bill, there is still time!!
Hasn't paid.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Do I have to wear a tie?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:12 pm

Do I have to wear a tie?
I think the basic terms are: wear a tie; appear on television like a flak (Miller, Hogan Gidley, etc.); advance the Big Lie in the Senate Chamber and on TV; flatter the former President a lot. Deal?

Return to “POLITICS”