Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:50 pm RT @tnewtondunn: President Biden has removed the Diet Coke button. When @ShippersUnbound and I interviewed Donald Trump in 2019, we became fascinated by what the little red button did. Eventually Trump pressed it, and a butler swiftly brought in a Diet Coke on a silver platter. It's gone now.
Was it carried in by an oompa loompa?

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Oh he is not going to like that...
Variety: Early Nielsen ratings show more people watched Biden's inauguration on TV than Trump's inauguration.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:12 pm Watched the T**** rally/goodbye party at Andrews. Very small crowd. Not unexpected.

They did play YMCA at the end, but was very disappointed not to see The Donald dance one last time.
They really played Fortunate Son too? W.T.F is wrong with a good chunk of this country?
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:01 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:12 pm Watched the T**** rally/goodbye party at Andrews. Very small crowd. Not unexpected.

They did play YMCA at the end, but was very disappointed not to see The Donald dance one last time.
They really played Fortunate Son too? W.T.F is wrong with a good chunk of this country?
They played My Way (Sinatra) as his plane taxied and took off.

My Way has been the anthem for people who clucked up but landed on a cushion since it came out. I chuckled.....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
2 mins ago
A large space was built for an audience that the White House had invited to see Trump off. But only about 300 showed up, filling roughly a third of the area."

Some aides who had been with Trump the longest said they didn't even watch his send-off on TV. nyti.ms/2M99fja
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Preet Bharara@PreetBharara
2 mins ago
The swamp seems at least somewhat drained
Caddy Day
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

DocBarrister

Trump: Worst President Ever?

Post by DocBarrister »

Support of Donald Trump could be seen, from a political perspective, as a crime against humanity.

Just how bad was he? Historians are comparing him to James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson ... the president who drove the nation into the ditch of the Civil War and the impeached president who basically did his best to oppress freed former slaves during Reconstruction.

In the race to the bottom for the title of worst American president, the same few sorry names appear at the end of almost every list, jockeying for last place. There’s Andrew Johnson, whose abysmal behavior during Reconstruction led to the first presidential impeachment. There’s Warren G. Harding, responsible for the Teapot Dome scandal. There’s hapless, hated Franklin Pierce; doomed, dead-after-32-days William Henry Harrison; and inevitably, James Buchanan, often considered worst of all because of how badly he bungled the lead-up to the Civil War.

But as historians consider the legacy of Donald J. Trump, it appears that even the woefully inadequate Buchanan has some serious competition for the spot at the bottom.

“Trump was the first president to be impeached twice and the first to stir up a mob to try to attack the Capitol and disrupt his successor from becoming president,” said Eric Rauchway, professor of history at the University of California, Davis. “These will definitely go down in history books, and they are not good.”

“I already feel that he is the worst,” said Ted Widmer, professor of history at the City University of New York, noting that as bad as Buchanan was — and he was very bad indeed — he was “not as aggressively bad as Trump.”

... Douglas G. Brinkley, professor of history at Rice University and a member of the advisory panel for C-SPAN’s Presidential Historians Survey, said that Mr. Trump “was a bad president in just about every regard.”

“I find him to be the worst president in U.S. history, personally,” Mr. Brinkley said, “even worse than William Henry Harrison, who was president for only one month. You don’t want to be ranked below him.”

... Sean Wilentz, a professor of American history at Princeton University, said that Mr. Trump was the worst president in history, hands down.

“He’s in a whole other category in terms of the damage he’s done to the Republic,” said Mr. Wilentz, citing the radicalization of the Republican Party, the inept response to the pandemic and what he called “the brazen, almost psychedelic mendacity of the man.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/us/p ... Position=1

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
njbill

Post by njbill »

I have been saying for some time that T**** is the 50th best president in US history, leaving room for a few more duds. In light of recent events, though, my new ranking is 75th.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Ryan Conwell@RyConw
4 mins ago
This stuff makes me laugh. I remember an interview Obama gave where his advice to Trump was avoid EOs, because they could be reversed. Lasting change comes from legislation. I'm still trying to figure out if that was calculated advice knowing Trump wouldn't listen to him.
Caddy Day
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://twitter.com/RealDonalDrumpf/sta ... 1378376709

I HAVE FAILED BIGLY, BUT I WILL BE BACK. LOSERS, MORANS AND RACISTS UNITE! THE MAGA PARTY IS COMING TO SAVE QAMERIKKKA!

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/13531180 ... name=small
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The WP article is interesting...and the call was taped?

Yup, this is why the GOP Senators need to convict.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:54 am
The WP article is interesting...and the call was taped?

Yup, this is why the GOP Senators need to convict.

If tRUMP splits the right wing, it will greatly improve the Dems chances of winning Congress and many state legislatures/governorships. This is why some Republicans endorse impeachment and may vote to convict as that will kill off his influence over the party's future.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It's a veritable rock and a hard place problem.

The GOP has bled away non-Trumpists and the bleed will continue (there's no way a Republican like me will ever vote for a Trump toady or cowed enabler) while hardening the base support and attracting in new voters who may or may not be simply enamored of Der Leader, no actual loyalty to party or principles. These new voters rarely if ever participated in voting before...will they without Trump on the ticket?

So, if the GOP wants to be a party of actual coherent principles, it needs to separate from the worst of Trumpism.

But that will cost them some of that hardline support which may well coalesce around a MAGA or Patriot brand...but can that separation actually have legs if Trump is banned from running again?
ggait

Post by ggait »

So, if the GOP wants to be a party of actual coherent principles, it needs to separate from the worst of Trumpism.
Nice idea. But never gonna happen.

Trump will never start a third party or run for office again. But his part of the GOP is the biggest part. That piece isn't being cowed by Trump's threats. They WANT want to keep MAGA going -- with or without Trump.

McCarthy, Hawley, Cruz, Ron Johnson, etc. are not going anywhere. It is Twoomey and now Portman who are heading for the exits. Just like Flake and Corker did.

The RINOs are really the ones who need to start their own party. Or become Democrats.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ggait wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:09 pm
Nice idea. But never gonna happen.

Trump will never start a third party or run for office again. But his part of the GOP is the biggest part. That piece isn't being cowed by Trump's threats. They WANT want to keep MAGA going -- with or without Trump.

McCarthy, Hawley, Cruz, Ron Johnson, etc. are not going anywhere. It is Twoomey and now Portman who are heading for the exits. Just like Flake and Corker did.

The RINOs are really the ones who need to start their own party. Or become Democrats.
Yep. And NONE of them are going to get DOPUS-level turnout either no matter what they say or do, so they are likely screwed at least in presidential elections going forward. Couldn't happen to a nicer crowd of people.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Yep. And NONE of them are going to get DOPUS-level turnout either no matter what they say or do, so they are likely screwed at least in presidential elections going forward.
You are probably wrong about that.

There's still a LOT of state level GOP control in the swing states. The GOP can still win those states in the next couple of cycles -- so long as you make voting more difficult in those states. Which is already under way -- more voter ID, less drop boxes, less mail voting, etc.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:13 pm
Yep. And NONE of them are going to get DOPUS-level turnout either no matter what they say or do, so they are likely screwed at least in presidential elections going forward.
You are probably wrong about that.

There's still a LOT of state level GOP control in the swing states. The GOP can still win those states in the next couple of cycles -- so long as you make voting more difficult in those states. Which is already under way -- more voter ID, less drop boxes, less mail voting, etc.
well, let's just say that it won't be because they didn't at least try to suppress the vote and to rile up racist fantasies of white nationalism.

They'll give it a good go. And it'll work for a bit...in some places.

That said, I don't think any of these jack wagons has Trump-level of appeal nationally. IMO, he was a particularly unusual animal.

Your prediction as to how this likely will play out is probably correct...however, as one of those supposed RINO's I'd like to see it go another way, but ahhh well...

That said, I really think Trump would prefer to have his own party, his own media empire, no one not 100% loyal welcome to the party.
ggait

Post by ggait »

That said, I really think Trump would prefer to have his own party, his own media empire, no one not 100% loyal welcome to the party.
Sure. But starting your own party (or TV network) would require a plan and a lot of focus, work and money. None of which Trump is willing to invest.

Especially because it is soooo much easier and cheaper for Trump to continue to hold the GOP hostage and chase out the few remaining RINOs. Although a little bit harder now that he can't use Twitter.

Return to “POLITICS”