2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU77

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by CU77 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:46 pm Ever heard of PJ Harvey?
Oh yeah!

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I was a fan of her and early pre-pop Liz Phair in HS. She (PJ) rocked legitimately.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:10 pmDo you know if Hunter Biden is speaking at 8:00 and will he give an acceptance speech? I can't believe Hunter was duly elected.
You'll see him on the stage tonight. He came back to Wilmington to pick up his laptop, ...it has family pics.
Last edited by old salt on Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Yeah, early Liz Phair is also great.

I love this one (poppy, but ironically so):

It's a day for great music! This one seems appropriate:

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I would’ve easily given my left nut to meet her around Soph/Jr yrs of HS (93-95 territory)

Stratford on Guy probably my favorite song of hers (or I never said.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Joe Biden going to be President for all Americans.

Except maybe these.

https://trendingpolitics.com/it-begins- ... m=facebook
DMac

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:44 pm I would’ve easily given my left nut to meet her around Soph/Jr yrs of HS (93-95 territory)
Now that's the epitome of right hand bias. ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s been said I have no left hand
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:48 pm Joe Biden going to be President for all Americans.

Except maybe these.

https://trendingpolitics.com/it-begins- ... m=facebook
First step: abortions for all!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:10 pmDo you know if Hunter Biden is speaking at 8:00 and will he give an acceptance speech? I can't believe Hunter was duly elected.
You'll see him on the stage tonight. He came back to Wilmington to pick up his laptop, ...it has family pics.
Was he duly elected?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:14 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:47 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:29 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:22 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:18 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:17 pm I guess I should tell you that you don't know how a plane works next? :lol:
You already did. :mrgreen:
You're an interloper, OS. You're one of the eiltes that TrumpFans think are no-nothings. A fancy kid from THE elite military school in the world, and they've convinced themselves that you think you're better than the enlisted men that you outranked.
:lol: Just a taaaad out of context, OS.

I was mocking your idea that TrumpFans are talking about "someone else" when they refer to "the coastal elites".

Pssst: you live on the coast, and not only received an elite education.....you had an elite career that 99.9% of Americans only see on the silver screen. You are a card-carrying member of the coastal elites!

;)
...only because they offered free room & board & a small pay check, in addition to free tuition.
I stayed due to spousal career & personal inertia, ...& lacrosse.
I still feel like a stranger in a strange land, but I keep quiet (other than here), out of politeness.
:lol: I know, I know. You think folks who rail on the "coastal elites" care about how you got there?

They're stereotyping....and you fit the bill to a T.

Heck, we all know about lacrosse stereotyping...and it's not flattering.
When & where I was introduced to lacrosse, it was a completely different demographic.
Most of us did not grow up with the sport. Many of us had a stick in our hand the first game we saw live.
Rural SoMd, when I homesteaded there (starting in 1978), was anything but an enclave for the costal elite.
Just ask krameram or YA.
I read about the sport in the 10th grade. A teacher had a bunch of books that we could take and read at our leisure. Not sure why I picked it up. It was a good story and the teacher explained what a couple of things in the book meant, such as the description of arm pads. I remember the term “gilman” the ball. That book was probably for middle school. Anyway, went off to college and two of my best friends were Gilman lacrosse players. I saw kids on the quad passing a ball and my best friend was the freshman goalie. My friends convinced me to try it as a sophomore and I fell in love with the sport. A lot has changed since then but I am big promoter of the sport. Hoping to steer a young kid that I know to a great landing spot in college. We will see.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:44 pm I would’ve easily given my left nut to meet her around Soph/Jr yrs of HS (93-95 territory)
I'm way older (turned 40 in 95), but kept up with music back when there was still radio … now I'm clueless.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:10 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:17 pm I guess I should tell you that you don't know how a plane works next? :lol:
You're an interloper, OS. You're one of the eiltes that TrumpFans think are no-nothings. A fancy kid from THE elite military school in the world, and they've convinced themselves that you think you're better than the enlisted men that you outranked.

I was mocking your idea that TrumpFans are talking about "someone else" when they refer to "the coastal elites".

Pssst: you live on the coast, and not only received an elite education.....you had an elite career that 99.9% of Americans only see on the silver screen. You are a card-carrying member of the coastal elites!

;)
...only because they offered free room & board & a small pay check, in addition to free tuition.
I still feel like a stranger in a strange land, but I keep quiet (other than here), out of politeness.
:lol: I know, I know. You think folks who rail on the "coastal elites" care about how you got there?

When & where I was introduced to lacrosse, it was a completely different demographic.
Most of us did not grow up with the sport. Many of us had a stick in our hand the first game we saw live.
Rural SoMd, when I homesteaded there (starting in 1978), was anything but an enclave for the costal elite.
Just ask krameram or YA.
I read about the sport in the 10th grade. A teacher had a bunch of books that we could take and read at our leisure. Not sure why I picked it up. It was a good story and the teacher explained what a couple of things in the book meant, such as the description of arm pads. I remember the term “gilman” the ball. That book was probably for middle school. Anyway, went off to college and two of my best friends were Gilman lacrosse players. I saw kids on the quad passing a ball and my best friend was the freshman goalie. My friends convinced me to try it as a sophomore and I fell in love with the sport. A lot has changed since then but I am big promoter of the sport. Hoping to steer a young kid that I know to a great landing spot in college. We will see.
lot of great stories of picking it up in the day.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:10 pm

;)

Just ask krameram or YA.
lot of great stories of picking it up in the day.
Yep. I bet that book was for normal middle schools....that bad school system paid off!!😂 Serendipity
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:27 pm
I'm way older (turned 40 in 95), but kept up with music back when there was still radio … now I'm clueless.
I am 42, have a 6 & 8 yr old and know very little about contemporary music other than that Autotunes and trap music both suck.

Got my kids into 80s synth euro trash emo music like major tom, take on me, me roboto (my daughter calls it the “secret secret song”), etc along w David Bowie, Grateful Dead and Led Zeppelin (mainly got interested because of an old stairway poster in my moms house and Immigrant song being played in the third Thor movie) so I’ve done my job so far. Daughter did Halloween as “material girl Madonna” (next year she wants la isla Bonita Madonna and gets year after like a prayer Madonna which ain’t happening) and my son got a overpriced NASA suit from the Kennedy space center earlier this fall and he said he was “Major Tom” in it.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:58 pm
I am 42, have a 6 & 8 yr old and know very little about contemporary music other than that Autotunes and trap music both suck.

Got my kids into 80s synth euro trash emo music like major tom, take on me, me roboto (my daughter calls it the “secret secret song”), etc along w David Bowie, Grateful Dead and Led Zeppelin (mainly got interested because of an old stairway poster in my moms house and Immigrant song being played in the third Thor movie) so I’ve done my job so far. Daughter did Halloween as “material girl Madonna” (next year she wants la isla Bonita Madonna and gets year after like a prayer Madonna which ain’t happening) and my son got a overpriced NASA suit from the Kennedy space center earlier this fall and he said he was “Major Tom” in it.
Fantastic!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:58 pm

let me know in advance if he's still spacesuits next year. space x, i know a guy.

i'll talk to you about it on the course in dec, jan.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Back OT, this is both unbelievable (even for Rudy) and hilarious:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... rence.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm the point is and always will be that r's don't believe government is the saviour of all problems.
A friend refuted this statement more succinctly than I did...

Now when Biden wins, watch how I don't wear his name on a hat, or fly his flag on my lawn for 4 years like a F'ing weirdo.

This is why all the foreigners in my life find America soooo confusing: so very many Americans are delusional on a massive scale. OF COURSE Republicans believe that government is the savior of all problems. Look at the near fanatical loyalty to Trump....and look at his ridiculously high approval ratings among Republican voters. The disconnect is: they don't think Republican leaders---or in this case, Trump---is the government. They think government leaders that they like, with little R's by their name "don't count" as government.

And It's hilarious watching them try and explain this asinine concept to other people.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:30 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm the point is and always will be that r's don't believe government is the saviour of all problems.
A friend refuted this statement more succinctly than I did...

Now when Biden wins, watch how I don't wear his name on a hat, or fly his flag on my lawn for 4 years like a F'ing weirdo.

This is why all the foreigners in my life find America soooo confusing: so very many Americans are delusional on a massive scale. OF COURSE Republicans believe that government is the savior of all problems. Look at the near fanatical loyalty to Trump....and look at his ridiculously high approval ratings among Republican voters. The disconnect is: they don't think Republican leaders---or in this case, Trump---is the government. They think government leaders that they like, with little R's by their name "don't count" as government.

And It's hilarious watching them try and explain this asinine concept to other people.
weird that you take a part of my quote and then your own experiences and impressions to frame this so.

like you a fan, but sometimes...

Return to “POLITICS”