2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:44 pm wgdsr is correct that many R's don't "believe"...XYZ

They've been told what to believe and what not to believe.

Doesn't make what they've been told remotely consistent with reality, but he's correct about what they 'believe'.
and of course, that's your opinion.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:36 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:19 pm No one cares any more what Veruca Salt tweets any more.
Veruca Salt. What a band! I miss the 90s.

Skip past the first 30 seconds

Ever heard of PJ Harvey?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:37 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 pm the point is and always will be that r's don't believe government is the saviour of all problems.
Buffalo bagels. This the Republican sales pitch----not the reality.

If they believed this, they'd stop taking my tax dollars to fund their way of life. They'd end Fannie and Freddie. They'd end Medicare. They'd end the Farm Bill. They'd end tax breaks and subsidies for business, and let free markets do their work.

How much bigger did the Republicans make the Federal Government in the last three years, WGDSR? We're now at around $5 Trillion in increased committed spending. That's an awful big number for a party that supposedly doesn't believe that government is the savior of all problems. If your assertion is correct----shouldn't Trump have CUT the size of the Federal government?

Or to cut to the chase: who needs the Federal government more, wgdsr: the Republican farmer in Iowa trying to sell grain in the free market? Or the Lib working at a tech firm in a big city?

Or even more direct: have you ever noticed that conservatives tend to come from State Universities, while libs tend to come from private Universities? If Republicans think that the government is bad...shouldn't it be the other way around? ;)
understand you're fired up on taxes and revenues and who sells what to be elected. i sympathize with you. you're in the wrong tax group.

but disagree with a lot of your takes and numbers. so it goes. america.
You need to pay tribute to Vonnegut to use that my friend.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:44 pm wgdsr is correct that many R's don't "believe"...XYZ

Doesn't make what they've been told remotely consistent with reality, but he's correct about what they 'believe'.
which part?
That I think your statement is correct?

Or that sometimes these beliefs are not consistent with reality?

both are my opinions.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:49 pm

which part?

both are my opinions.
both!!!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:49 pm

which part?

both are my opinions.
both!!!
Then we're in agreement again.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 pm the point is and always will be that r's don't believe government is the saviour of all problems.

If they believed this, they'd stop taking my tax dollars to fund their way of life. They'd end Fannie and Freddie. They'd end Medicare. They'd end the Farm Bill. They'd end tax breaks and subsidies for business, and let free markets do their work.

How much bigger did the Republicans make the Federal Government in the last three years, WGDSR? We're now at around $5 Trillion in increased committed spending. That's an awful big number for a party that supposedly doesn't believe that government is the savior of all problems. If your assertion is correct----shouldn't Trump have CUT the size of the Federal government?

Or to cut to the chase: who needs the Federal government more, wgdsr: the Republican farmer in Iowa trying to sell grain in the free market? Or the Lib working at a tech firm in a big city?

Or even more direct: have you ever noticed that conservatives tend to come from State Universities, while libs tend to come from private Universities? If Republicans think that the government is bad...shouldn't it be the other way around? ;)
understand you're fired up on taxes and revenues and who sells what to be elected. i sympathize with you. you're in the wrong tax group.

thanks. shouldn't be so flippant. enjoyed running thru this as a reminder of vonnegut and what made him:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2007/ ... rtvonnegut
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm understand you're fired up on taxes and revenues and who sells what to be elected. i sympathize with you. you're in the wrong tax group.
I have no issue with what I pay in taxes. And I have no problem paying more that I do now. Happy to do it, in fact.

What i take issue with, are millions of Republican Americans claiming to be for small government.....all while taking the lion's share of government services. I'm saying: stop being hypocrites, and own up to the fact that they LOVE big government services, yet deny that they do.

Or are you telling me that it's yet another coincidence the Trump and McConnell blew the doors off of the preceding Dem President when it came to spending, borrowing, and making Big Government even bigger?
wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm but disagree with a lot of your takes and numbers.
Which ones? Do tell! ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:00 pm blamed Trump for every US death, while ignoring even worse stats in EU democracies.
I've said from the beginning that Germany would be my benchmark for the US.

Latest data I can find on covid deaths per million people:

Germany: 11240/83.02 = 135

United States: 237000/328.2 = 722

I'd prefer to use excess death estimates rather than official covid deaths, but those numbers are harder to find. Won't change the fact that the US is doing worse by a factor of ~5.
Germany is the outlier & you know it. German ICU's are taking Belgian patients. Germany's also spiking & selectively locking down.
A relevant comparison would be the entire EU + UK.
Is NY or CA your benchmark for the US ?
Last edited by old salt on Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:05 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm understand you're fired up on taxes and revenues and who sells what to be elected. i sympathize with you. you're in the wrong tax group.
I have no issue with what I pay in taxes. And I have no problem paying more that I do now. Happy to do it, in fact.

What i take issue with, are millions of Republican Americans claiming to be for small government.....all while taking the lion's share of government services. I'm saying: stop being hypocrites, and own up to the fact that they LOVE big government services, yet deny that they do.

Or are you telling me that it's yet another coincidence the Trump and McConnell blew the doors off of the preceding Dem President when it came to spending, borrowing, and making Big Government even bigger?
wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm but disagree with a lot of your takes and numbers.
Which ones? Do tell! ;)
you just posted a few. we have better things to do!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:06 pm
CU77 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:00 pm blamed Trump for every US death, while ignoring even worse stats in EU democracies.
I've said from the beginning that Germany would be my benchmark for the US.

Latest data I can find on covid deaths per million people:

Germany: 11240/83.02 = 135

United States: 237000/328.2 = 722

I'd prefer to use excess death estimates rather than official covid deaths, but those numbers are harder to find. Won't change the fact that the US is doing worse by a factor of ~5.
Germany is the outlier & you know it. German ICU's are taking Belgian patients. Germany's also spiking & selectively locking down.
A relevant comparison would be the entire EU + UK.
Is NY or CA your benchmark for the US ?
Do you know if Hunter Biden is speaking at 8:00 and will he give an acceptance speech? I can't believe Hunter was duly elected.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:57 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm

thanks. shouldn't be so flippant. enjoyed running thru this as a reminder of vonnegut and what made him:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2007/ ... rtvonnegut
My favorite author (or tied w Camus but he’s kind of different, part philosophy). Admittedly Slaughterhouse Five is around #5-8 on my list behind Player Piano, Cats Cradle, Sirens of Titan, Mother Night, God Bless you Mr Rosewater, Breakfast of Champions and maybe 1-2 more, but that’s how awesome he is.

The best is in Back To School when Rodney pays Kurt to write his paper and the professor is telling Dangerfield “whoever wrote this doesn’t know the first thing about Vonnegut...”.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Team Trump giving a press conference..... will fight on......Rudy and the guys booked Four Seasons...The A team.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:47 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:29 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:22 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:18 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:17 pm I guess I should tell you that you don't know how a plane works next? :lol:
You already did. :mrgreen:
You're an interloper, OS. You're one of the eiltes that TrumpFans think are no-nothings. A fancy kid from THE elite military school in the world, and they've convinced themselves that you think you're better than the enlisted men that you outranked.
:lol: Just a taaaad out of context, OS.

I was mocking your idea that TrumpFans are talking about "someone else" when they refer to "the coastal elites".

Pssst: you live on the coast, and not only received an elite education.....you had an elite career that 99.9% of Americans only see on the silver screen. You are a card-carrying member of the coastal elites!

;)
...only because they offered free room & board & a small pay check, in addition to free tuition.
I stayed due to spousal career & personal inertia, ...& lacrosse.
I still feel like a stranger in a strange land, but I keep quiet (other than here), out of politeness.
:lol: I know, I know. You think folks who rail on the "coastal elites" care about how you got there?

They're stereotyping....and you fit the bill to a T.

Heck, we all know about lacrosse stereotyping...and it's not flattering.
When & where I was introduced to lacrosse, it was a completely different demographic.
Most of us did not grow up with the sport. Many of us had a stick in our hand the first game we saw live.
Rural SoMd, when I homesteaded there (starting in 1978), was anything but an enclave for the costal elite.
Just ask krameram or YA.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:07 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:05 pm

Which ones? Do tell! ;)
you just posted a few. we have better things to do!
Okay. Love to hear your take....some other time!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:14 pm Image

Team Trump giving a press conference..... will fight on......Rudy and the guys booked Four Seasons...The A team.
You meant “star of Borat 2” Rudy Giuliani?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:14 pm Image

You mean “star of Borat 2” Rudy Giuliani?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:14 pm
When & where I was introduced to lacrosse, it was a completely different demographic.
Most of us did not grow up with the sport. Many of us had a stick in our hand the first game we saw live.
Rural SoMd, when I homesteaded there (starting in 1978), was anything but an enclave for the costal elite.
Just ask krameram or YA.
I was exposed to it visiting grandparents an relatives in Camillus NY. Middle America town in perpetual recession if there ever was one. My dad, like you, worked for the Federal Government his entire career. We were middle class until the very end of his career, and I was already gone....
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:06 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:35 pmThis election was a rejection of Trump the man, not his policies, which I, among others, supported. It was made possible by a pandemic which decimated the economy & flooded the electorate with millions of unsolicited junk mail ballots which would not have been cast in normal times.
Asking again, WHAT policies do these 70 million+ voters see in Donald Trump? Not the ones like you aided as you are by VDH, and who knows WHO else, but the average fly-over Trumper, WHAT "issues" are they that animate these people, can you say.
70 million different answers.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:17 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:14 pm
Just ask krameram or YA.
I was exposed to it visiting grandparents an relatives in Camillus NY. Middle America town in perpetual recession if there ever was one. My dad, like you, worked for the Federal Government his entire career. We were middle class until the very end of his career, and I was already gone....
rock on, camillus.

Return to “POLITICS”