2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:40 pm
Now even Kim Jong Il is telling to his secretary “tell him I’m doing my hair” when Trump calls.
If Donald calls, tell him I am folding socks.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

I had not seen this until now. I was prepared to have a big laugh but it’s actually quite sad. For the first time in 30+ years of not liking this guy, I actually feel sorry for him. Just a sad human being.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Come on

That’s who you feel bad for?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:02 pm Come on

Man I was expecting to laugh. He just came across as an empty human being in that video. He knows it is Game Over. I look forward to watching SDNY chase him down.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Obviously I don’t post as often as previously. I just don’t have the time.

In any event, I really admire Old Salt. The guy sticks to his guns even though many of you resort to personal insults when conversing with the guy, even though his posts are quite pleasant if not clinical.

So here’s the deal. I really hope Joe does well. He’s gonna have a heck of a time holding down the lunatic fringe of his party, who are already pressuring the guy. Joe ain’t a rabid leftist as is half his party. He’ll try like heck to govern from the center. He’s far more engaged with international affairs. And as I said previously, he’s a good man in spite of the Ukrainian allegations, which frankly I don’t much understand.

I’d be scared as all get out if the Democrats controlled the Senate as should any American. They will try to pack courts and give DC and Puerto Rico statehood. Those twin assaults would permanently scar America, freedoms, and everything you currently take for granted. I’m not sure if there’s a way to rectify that once done.

I think McConnell and Biden would work well together. I truly do. All of you (if you had the ability to park your lunacy) should think so.

Anyway, I’d note that no Republicans are rioting nor looting stores tonight. That should surprise absolutely no one. And again, if you could park your lunacy for a minute, you should ponder why only one side of America seems to be able to control their emotions, when the other cannot.
Typical Lax Dad

CU88

Post by CU88 »

He is not going to go quietly.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
THE OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTING ROOMS. I WON THE ELECTION, GOT 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES. BAD THINGS HAPPENED WHICH OUR OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE. NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WERE SENT TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER ASKED FOR THEM!
This claim about election fraud is disputed
4:53 PM · Nov 7, 2020
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Man I was expecting to laugh. He just came across as an empty human being in that video. He knows it is Game Over. I look forward to watching SDNY chase him down.
He’s been the same vapid clown prince since like 1982. Now the emperor just clearly has no clothes
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:05 pm

He’s been the same vapid clown prince since like 1982. Now the emperor just clearly has no clothes
He may be the only person on the face of the planet that I have actually hated. Haven’t liked him since about that time.
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:10 pm He is not going to go quietly.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
THE OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTING ROOMS. I WON THE ELECTION, GOT 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES. BAD THINGS HAPPENED WHICH OUR OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE. NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WERE SENT TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER ASKED FOR THEM!
This claim about election fraud is disputed
4:53 PM · Nov 7, 2020
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... 531d974a5a
ggait

Post by ggait »

No one cares any more what Veruca Salt tweets any more.

The Trump show has been cancelled. Within 48 hours, even the gop won’t care and will have moved on.

Go whine to Rudy and Jared.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:07 pm I think McConnell and Biden would work well together. I truly do.
Agreed. I'm hopeful.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
CU77

Post by CU77 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 pm the point is and always will be that r's don't believe government is the saviour of all problems.
And yet the vast majority of them would not vote to repeal social security and medicare.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 am
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:35 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:44 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:57 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:10 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:14 pm Can we start talking about the “Trump Library”?
Not going to be at Fordham. More likely going to be a Biden Library at Penn.

Maybe a for-profit MAGA-land in Branson, Missouri?
Or turn Mar-A-Lago into the library...
I like both of these ideas. The Branson location would make some money.
:lol: ...the responses to this question illustrate why the expected blue wave wasn't even a ripple.
Not a ripple. Time for you to retire, I think, and dog walk full time.

Biden defeated an incumbent, with every ordinary advantage of incumbency together with a willingness to bend the entirety of the apparatus of the Presidency, from imaging to public money to his reelection campaign. He defeated a relentless liar and cheat. He overcame a cultish devotion of people unwilling to understand the truth both about their hero and about the consequences to them in real terms. In the process Biden flipped four states (AZ, MI, WI, PA) taken by Trump in 2016, and won (or appears to have won) Georgia. That's right: an incumbent Republican couldn't (it appears, at least for now) easily defend Georgia. Your comment is a fail at humor, a fail at anything serious. Maybe get some sleep; read VDH -- it'll help with somnolence.
:lol: ...everyone admires a sore winner. It takes a sense of humor to recognize humor. Your condescending attitude of personally attacking anyone who does not agree with you is representative of the massive disconnect that prevented the blue wave that your favorite media told us was inevitable.

This election was a rejection of Trump the man, not his policies, which I, among others, supported. It was made possible by a pandemic which decimated the economy & flooded the electorate with millions of unsolicited junk mail ballots which would not have been cast in normal times.

The advantage of incumbency ? Being at the helm when China released the pandemic ? Had Trump followed his predecessor's model & unleashed the FBI, CIA & State Dept on his opponent, while purchasing disinformation from a foreign power, imprinting the IC's imprimatur on it, then feeding it to a supplicant MSM -- then he would have used the advantages of incumbency, as his predecessor did in 2016, on behalf of his opponent.

You & Nancy Pelosi should read more VDH to understand why a safe was dropped on your heads.
China 'released the pandemic'...''nuff said.
Ahh, maybe not enough...you're the king of personal, condescending attacks on others.

And the king of whining.

"flooded the electorate with millions of unsolicited junk mail ballots which would not have been cast in normal times."

In PA? In Georgia?

You've exposed yourself over and over again as motivated by much more than "policies" (which you do a sound job of arguing). Nope, you're in the culture war game. Again and again.
Spoken like a true China apologist. China didn't release the pandemic ? If not, has your family business gone back yet ?
You pushed the story that it was just a few Chinese mid-level bureaucrats who failed to contain the spread, then blamed Trump for every US death, while ignoring even worse stats in EU democracies.

You are unable to de-personalize things. Trumpism wasn't just Trump. He was the flawed messenger who was able to break through the noise & shatter the establishment status quo.

If you can't see that Trump personally was repudiated , & not Trumpism, you'll never understand why the GOP left you in the desert with the bitter Lincoln Project never-Trumpers. You may as well drop the pretense & declare yourself a Dem.

The culture war drives policy, ...& your side deploys rioters & looters to fight it out in the street when they don't get their way legally, while you make excuses for it & try to equate them to irrelevant internet boogey men.
:lol: :roll: "released" or "suffered"? So dumb. So bigoted. So whining.

Because of OUR infection rates, China doesn't want Americans back in unless they have all sorts of desirable bona fides, 2 week quarantine, etc...all of which my son has (correct visa status) and could do. But check out the price tag of flight there now, used to be $500 from LA...fortunately, he can do his work from here for now, so his company is not needing him to travel at this point.

And no, despite every time you lie about it, I was one of those who repeatedly said that Trump was not to blame for all the deaths, just a lot of them. But hey, it serves your dishonest rhetorical purpose to exaggerate, I get it.

I can't "de-personalize" this??? I'm a lifelong Republican, I get it entirely that Trump personified a very ugly, bigoted aspect of our "culture" that does not represent my values in the slightest. I can agree or disagree on various policies, but the underlying value set is something I can't cotton with at all. But, hey, millions of my fellow Americans were just fine with it. I get that too.

Trumpism is NOT yet repudiated. This was merely one step on the path to do so.

I'm not predicting that repudiation any more than I'm predicting the end of bigotry, however I'm happy to be working on the side of such repudiation.

But, hey, I get to critique Dems who put their heads up their butts again..."my side"?? :roll:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ggait wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:19 pm No one cares any more what Veruca Salt tweets any more.
Veruca Salt. What a band! I miss the 90s.

Skip past the first 30 seconds

Last edited by CU77 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU77 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:27 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 pm the point is and always will be that r's don't believe government is the saviour of all problems.
And yet the vast majority of them would not vote to repeal social security and medicare.
i get your concept. but they, and everyone, at 18-21 yrs old is at point a. money is out of their paycheck every 2 weeks.
then they have years of that and experience going forward. with common man no chance of "changing things".

your what if is what? someone is right and they are wrong if they say this is enough for us all?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Buffalo bagels. This the Republican sales pitch----not the reality.

If they believed this, they'd stop taking my tax dollars to fund their way of life. They'd end Fannie and Freddie. They'd end Medicare. They'd end the Farm Bill. They'd end tax breaks and subsidies for business, and let free markets do their work.

How much bigger did the Republicans make the Federal Government in the last three years, WGDSR? We're now at around $5 Trillion in increased committed spending. That's an awful big number for a party that supposedly doesn't believe that government is the savior of all problems. If your assertion is correct----shouldn't Trump have CUT the size of the Federal government?

Or to cut to the chase: who needs the Federal government more, wgdsr: the Republican farmer in Iowa trying to sell grain in the free market? Or the Lib working at a tech firm in a big city?

Or even more direct: have you ever noticed that conservatives tend to come from State Universities, while libs tend to come from private Universities? If Republicans think that the government is bad...shouldn't it be the other way around? ;)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:37 pm
Buffalo bagels. This the Republican sales pitch----not the reality.

If they believed this, they'd stop taking my tax dollars to fund their way of life. They'd end Fannie and Freddie. They'd end Medicare. They'd end the Farm Bill. They'd end tax breaks and subsidies for business, and let free markets do their work.

How much bigger did the Republicans make the Federal Government in the last three years, WGDSR? We're now at around $5 Trillion in increased committed spending. That's an awful big number for a party that supposedly doesn't believe that government is the savior of all problems. If your assertion is correct----shouldn't Trump have CUT the size of the Federal government?

Or to cut to the chase: who needs the Federal government more, wgdsr: the Republican farmer in Iowa trying to sell grain in the free market? Or the Lib working at a tech firm in a big city?

Or even more direct: have you ever noticed that conservatives tend to come from State Universities, while libs tend to come from private Universities? If Republicans think that the government is bad...shouldn't it be the other way around? ;)
understand you're fired up on taxes and revenues and who sells what to be elected. i sympathize with you. you're in the wrong tax group.

but disagree with a lot of your takes and numbers. so it goes. america.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr is correct that many R's don't "believe"...XYZ

They've been told what to believe and what not to believe.

Doesn't make what they've been told remotely consistent with reality, but he's correct about what they 'believe'.

There are multiple things to unpack.

what is the actual reality?

what do people believe instead and why?

and how can people be persuaded to actually look at reality?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:27 pm
RINOs

Return to “POLITICS”