CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by CU88 »

I lived at the bottom of AA County, and toured Charles and Calvert quiet a bit during the real estate boom of the early aughts; and saw plenty of Confed flags. Not uncommon to see xerox flyers for KKK at occasional corner store in rural parts of So MD.

Budds Creek always had people with them, and had to remove the one they flew due to "cancel culture" pressure. No wonder r's hate cancel culture?

My favorite is the Old South Country Club. Wonder what they mean by "Old South"?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:25 pm I lived at the bottom of AA County, and toured Charles and Calvert quiet a bit during the real estate boom of the early aughts; and saw plenty of Confed flags. Not uncommon to see xerox flyers for KKK at occasional corner store in rural parts of So MD.

Budds Creek always had people with them, and had to remove the one they flew due to "cancel culture" pressure. No wonder r's hate cancel culture?

My favorite is the Old South Country Club. Wonder what they mean by "Old South"?
Would love to know where you saw KKK flyers in SoMd in the aughts....I can honestly say I have never seen them, not even at the old 'ape hangers' motorcycle bar on 301 N in Charles County, or Hotel Charles in Hughesville, or Heavy Hitters in Charlotte Hall, or even Green Door Tavern near in POint Lookout.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

I always thought SoMD as defined on this thread was a wasteland of marginal cropland speckled with dive bars and Asian massage parlors. Oh, that and the home of the state-sponsored sailing school for the Praetorian Guard. So, same as the “Eastern Shore” except with heavy government subsidization in the Annapolis area and more massage parlors and their habitues.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:25 pm I lived at the bottom of AA County, and toured Charles and Calvert quiet a bit during the real estate boom of the early aughts; and saw plenty of Confed flags. Not uncommon to see xerox flyers for KKK at occasional corner store in rural parts of So MD.

The Confederate flag became a hot button issue in 2015.
Before that, many considered it an homage to Southern heritage.
Any sightings in SoMd since then, when the flags started coming down everywhere ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:16 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:38 pm Nah, you're obviously not sensitive to seeing a Confederate flag...some folks are oblivious
:lol: ...you are so full of _ _ it. Telling people what they don't see. Your most arrogant post ever.
Hey, you probably didn't 'see' them...that's what I would call "oblivious" and not "sensitive" to it, not "tuned in". I gave the example of my father not noticing, oblivious...until it was pointed out by his grandchildren. And then defensive.

We get it, Salty, you simply weren't tuned into the flag being something that was offensive, even threatening to you and yours. From your other comments on race, that's not surprising, but let me be clear, being oblivious in the past doesn't make someone "racist", but it's certainly an example of "white privilege".
You are ridiculous. When driving I notice bumper & window stickers, American flags flying in front yards. You think I don't notice Confederate flags in my field of view ? I have a filter that blocks them out ? :lol: How many pickup trucks have you observed with Confederate (or any) flags flying from their bed or in yards or on homes ? No BS.
Many dozens in the past decade...in my lifetime, in the hundreds. No BS.
Heck, on our drive from MD to Florida in early November we saw more than a half dozen, including the two massive ones on poles on the edge of the highway. Almost as frequent as some of the more nonsensical Trump billboards.

You must live in a remarkably non-racist bubble, Salty. :roll:

Let's be clear, I'm not saying that you notice Confederate flags approvingly, you just don't notice them the way someone sensitive to how they make others feel would notice them.

As my good buddy used to say to me, full of intentional irony... "I appreciate it when I see a Confederate flag, it let's me know who they are...".
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

‘As my good buddy used to say to me, full of intentional irony... "I appreciate it when I see a Confederate flag, it let's me know who they are...".‘

I too appreciate self-identification; what I didn’t appreciate was the size of said group.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:44 pm

The Confederate flag became a hot button issue in 2015.
Before that, many considered it an homage to Southern heritage.
Any sightings in SoMd since then, when the flags started coming down everywhere ?
Baloney, it's been "hot-button", very offensive issue, for a whole lot of people for a very long time. It just didn't get the attention of less conscious white population until this decade when it penetrated into mainstream politics. But white supremacists have always understood the power of the symbol as have the victims of such ideology. Yeah, the "Southern heritage" of slavery and Jim Crow...

Where it would be fair to say that there was some muddling of the message in the'60's, '70's and '80's was when some southern rock bands appropriated the symbol as a sort of nod to 'rebel' vibe. What kid doesn't want to be a 'rebel'? Of course, tremendous 'white privilege' associated with that dense appropriation, but probably not the sort of intent white supremacists had with the flag, for sure. But that period passed and it became once again in the '90's, 2000's etc fully re-approriated by the worst racist elements. They love those nazi symbols too....anything they can glom onto as white supremacist 'heritage'...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:00 pm ‘As my good buddy used to say to me, full of intentional irony... "I appreciate it when I see a Confederate flag, it let's me know who they are...".‘

I too appreciate self-identification; what I didn’t appreciate was the size of said group.
He would quite agree. Way, way too large...

Lax player, Harvard undergrad, Harvard Law, Stanford Business...African American.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:38 pm Nah, you're obviously not sensitive to seeing a Confederate flag...some folks are oblivious
:lol: ...you are so full of _ _ it. Telling people what they don't see. Your most arrogant post ever.
Hey, you probably didn't 'see' them...that's what I would call "oblivious" and not "sensitive" to it, not "tuned in". I gave the example of my father not noticing, oblivious...until it was pointed out by his grandchildren. And then defensive.

We get it, Salty, you simply weren't tuned into the flag being something that was offensive, even threatening to you and yours. From your other comments on race, that's not surprising, but let me be clear, being oblivious in the past doesn't make someone "racist", but it's certainly an example of "white privilege".
You are ridiculous. When driving I notice bumper & window stickers, American flags flying in front yards. You think I don't notice Confederate flags in my field of view ? I have a filter that blocks them out ? :lol: How many pickup trucks have you observed with Confederate (or any) flags flying from their bed or in yards or on homes ? No BS.
Heck, on our drive from MD to Florida in early November we saw more than a half dozen, including the two massive ones on poles on the edge of the highway. Almost as frequent as some of the more nonsensical Trump billboards.

Let's be clear, I'm not saying that you notice Confederate flags approvingly, you just don't notice them the way someone sensitive to how they make others feel would notice them.

As my good buddy used to say to me, full of intentional irony... "I appreciate it when I see a Confederate flag, it let's me know who they are...".
You underestimate my cognitive abilities. I think you are exaggerating & overstating.
I've always noticed them, ever since I was stunned when attending the Ole Miss - Miss State Egg Bowl in Oxford in 1964. It was a :shock: .

I think the phenomenon of flying them in pickups is a recent thing & is a pushback to being lectured to.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:14 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:33 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:01 pm I’ve seen plenty of the Confederacy of tRumpkin battle flags in the Eastern Shore: Southern Maryland, slower Delaware, and Flappalachia Virginia.
Where & when did you see them in SoMd ? How 'bout some specifics. Pt Lookout doesn't count.
And you call my post arrogant??? :roll:
Asking for specifics about an area where I lived for 25 years, still own property, have many friends & visit regularly is arrogant ?
I still consider it my neighborhood & want to know where I've been missing this apparent phenomenon.
You're questioning IF he saw them... or do you just want to know the name of the pickup drivers, the homes where he saw them? :roll:

How about you just report back to us next time you see a Confederate flag?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:51 pm

You underestimate my cognitive abilities. I think you are exaggerating & overstating.
I've always noticed them, ever since I was stunned when attending the Ole Miss - Miss State Egg Bowl in Oxford in 1964. It was a :shock: .

I think the phenomenon of flying them in pickups is a recent thing & is a pushback to being lectured to.
Nope, I've seen them for decades in the back of pick-up trucks.
Big in frat basements and dorm rooms in the south too.

Do they always mean that the bearer is a white supremacist versus just some dumb as rocks kid (or stunted adult), ignorant of its meaning beyond just giving a finger to anyone 'offended'? No, some are just dumb as rocks...

Seriously, I believe you that if and when you notice them, it's indeed a bit of a shocker. As I said, I don't think you're approvingly noticing them, just not noticing as acutely...or, you're chalking it up to "a pushback to being lectured to"...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:09 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:01 pm I’ve seen plenty of the Confederacy of tRumpkin battle flags in the Eastern Shore: Southern Maryland, slower Delaware, and Flappalachia Virginia.
Where & when did you see them in SoMd ? How 'bout some specifics. Pt Lookout doesn't count.
Asking for specifics about an area where I lived for 25 years, still own property, have many friends & visit regularly is arrogant ?
I still consider it my neighborhood & want to know where I've been missing this apparent phenomenon.
You're questioning IF he saw them... or do you just want to know the name of the pickup drivers, the homes where he saw them? :roll:

It was being portrayed as common in SoMd, with negative implications.
That does not comport with my first hand observations as a former resident & still frequent visitor & business owner.
I seek specifics because I'm interested in what areas of SoMd this pathology is still supposedly festering.
PS has now confirmed that he includes the E shore & Annapolis area in SoMd, & you base your judgement on your ancestors plantation.
Fair enough, but tri-county SoMd has "evolved" a bit since then.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:09 pm

It was being portrayed as common in SoMd, with negative implications.
That does not comport with my first hand observations as a former resident & still frequent visitor & business owner.
I seek specifics because I'm interested in what areas of SoMd this pathology is still supposedly festering.
PS has now confirmed that he includes the E shore & Annapolis area in SoMd, & you base your judgement on your ancestors plantation.
Fair enough, but tri-county SoMd has "evolved" a bit since then.
:D yes of course it has evolved...thankfully. My mention was simply that I've had reason to visit a handful of times over the decades (you said since 1978) and have a sense of the area, just as I do on the southern end of the Eastern Shore...also an area that many would consider So MD. I have no doubt that you are far, far more familiar with those 3 counties...that part of MD has zero other attraction to me. But it does have considerable military influence, so I understand why you'd have been in that area.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:14 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:51 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:46 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:21 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 pm I must have missed the recent lynchings and 600,000 dead due to the BLM movement.

But it's the same coin.
So wait, BLM is about lynchings now? I thought it was about police brutality?
Kram, my point is the confederate flag issue and BLM are not different sides of the same coin. Brooklyn commented on the atrocities performed under the Confederate flag, including fighting a war against this country that led to 600,000 dead and lynching black people for decades after. Right after Brooklyn's post you chose to double down by again stating they were opposite sides of the same coin. Unequivocally - they're not.
And my point is that BLM does NOT represent a battle against racism.

It previously was an excuse for people to act like a-holes and destroy property/lives and currently represents people using examples of racism as an excuse to force an agenda...that does nothing to combat true racism or help the real cause of POCs who want equal justice and fairness in the US.
It's been 158 years since the Emancipation Proclamation and 150 years since black men got the right to vote. We've now got southern states who restrict election dropboxes in majority black counties to one per a few million citizens or hundreds of square miles.

I now live outside of Wilmington, NC, where in 1898 a duly elected government made up of white and black citizens was overthrown in a bloody and murderous coup d'etat by white supremacists - giving strength and veracity to Jim Crow. Within a year the City of Wilmington lost its status as the largest city in North Carolina and the city went from a majority black city to a majority white one. (This happens to still be the only successful coup d'etat in US history. It's happened before, don't think it can't happen again.)

OK, let's go with your premise that BLM doesn't represent a battle against the racism black people feel whites have against them. After everything that's happened to black people in this hemisphere, What the heck do you suggest they do?
So BLM is where you’re saying the answer to racism lies?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:19 pm

Would love to know where you saw KKK flyers in SoMd in the aughts....I can honestly say I have never seen them, not even at the old 'ape hangers' motorcycle bar on 301 N in Charles County, or Hotel Charles in Hughesville, or Heavy Hitters in Charlotte Hall, or even Green Door Tavern near in POint Lookout.
As would I.

As someone who lived in and covered SoMD crime for the WaPo for years (during the aughts) and roomed with the CIO for a SoMD Sheriffs dept, I’d love to know what we all missed.

There are idiots everywhere, but I never saw or heard reports of KKK activity.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:40 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:53 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:37 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:04 pm
Fruitland, Snow Hill, Girdletree, Stockton — along Rt.12 between Salisbury and the Md/Va line.

Amusingly enough, the Dixieland Sunoco station just over the line on 13 has put a white cover over the flag that was part of their sign. You can still see the flag at night through the white cover.

Although I have relatives who fought for the Confederacy I know what that flag was and is: an emblem of separation and division. Time for that nonsense to stop.
That is not “Southern MD.” That is the eastern shore.
“SoMD” is Charles, Calvert and St Mary’s County.
Other side of the bay.
Good grief, are we really discussing the location of where confederate flags fly, as if that should matter? Somewhere in Germany right now is there a sport related forum where they're discussing whether it's better or worse to see Nazi flags in Bavaria or Lower Saxony?
Not only that, but let's be clear, there's plenty of racists in So MD !!!

But hey, if one poster says he's only 'seen' one Confederate flag in that area since 1978, I believe him... that's all he's 'seen'...but he's just been oblivious to the reality. Consistent with other posts on the topic of race.

I have family roots Civil War era...plantation...in SoMD, father's side. Don't frequently go down there, but enough to recall the area...
A history of slavery in Maryland. https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/intromsa/p ... mphlet.pdf

Mother's side roots are from New Orleans including a KKK muckety-muck...
So now there's plenty of racists in SoMd ? :lol: ...based on what ? Compared to where ? Have you ever lived there ?
Based on history ? There was a slave market in downtown Annapolis. Does that mean there's still plenty of racists in Annapolis ?

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:19 pm https://www.google.com/try amp/s/wtop.com/charles-county/2016/03/lesser-known-confederate-flag-draw-attention-in-southern-md/amp/
What’s your point?

Does a location that flies confederate flags mean something? Because I’m sure we could find stories like that everywhere:

https://www.wnyc.org/story/meet-confede ... -new-york/
CU88

Post by CU88 »

No comments on Old South CC?

I have seen flyers stapled to poles in Edgewater, Deale, Prince Frederick and Waldorf. I had a co-worker who lives in Leonardtown and he told me of his high school aged kids getting them put on their car more than once.

Not sure why some are in denial, it is just a fact, why the defensive response?

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... A35&page=3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 3314b254c/

https://patch.com/maryland/edgewater/kk ... ime-police

https://patch.com/maryland/annapolis/21 ... e-maryland

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xp ... story.html
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

If the Confederate Battle Flag was flying at that location, why was it not in the photos ?
Most people wouldn't even recognize the two flags shown, ...which may have been the point in flying them.

Weak google sauce. You missed the POW memorial park at Pt Lookout
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:22 pm No comments on Old South CC?

I have seen flyers stapled to poles in Edgewater, Deale, Prince Frederick and Waldorf. I had a co-worker who lives in Leonardtown and he told me of his high school aged kids getting them put on their car more than once.

Not sure why some are in denial, it is just a fact, why the defensive response?

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... A35&page=3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 3314b254c/

https://patch.com/maryland/edgewater/kk ... ime-police

https://patch.com/maryland/annapolis/21 ... e-maryland

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xp ... story.html
:lol: you're really trying too hard. No concentration in SoMd.
Those are all over the state. If anything, SoMd is underrepresented, particularly in comparison to Baltimore.

Return to “POLITICS”