Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
old salt

Re: Navy 2020

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:33 pm Was a bit uncomfortable today. Just didn’t feel right.
I had the same feeling. .:?.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:33 pm Was a bit uncomfortable today. Just didn’t feel right.
And . . . same. Hard to watch such a mismatch. Furman did not really look like a Division I squad out there -- at times just struggling with catching and passing and picking up ground balls and nearly helpless at the X and on defense. . Why does Furman have Duke, UNC, and Penn State on the schedule this year? Yikes. Maybe it was a particularly rough day and they didn't show their best stuff.

Amplo tried. I don't know what you can really do when it's no contest from the opening whistle. The "no shots for the last 10 minutes" also had to be tough to swallow although undeniably done for sportsmanship's sake. (Probably it's just a personal quirk -- as a defender I never liked it if the other team obviously stopped trying to score even as I didn't like feeling they were trying to run it up -- which just shows how irrational human nature can be.)

Anyway, good luck to Furman going forward -- maybe their killer nonleague schedule will help them in their SoCon games.

First big test for the Mids coming up soon -- go Navy, beat Richmond!
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:51 pm
And . . . same. Hard to watch such a mismatch. Furman did not really look like a Division I squad out there -- at times just struggling with catching and passing and picking up ground balls and nearly helpless at the X and on defense. . Why does Furman have Duke, UNC, and Penn State on the schedule this year? Yikes. Maybe it was a particularly rough day and they didn't show their best stuff.

Amplo tried. I don't know what you can really do when it's no contest from the opening whistle. The "no shots for the last 10 minutes" also had to be tough to swallow although undeniably done for sportsmanship's sake. (Probably it's just a personal quirk -- as a defender I never liked it if the other team obviously stopped trying to score even as I didn't like feeling they were trying to run it up -- which just shows how irrational human nature can be.)

Anyway, good luck to Furman going forward -- maybe their killer nonleague schedule will help them in their SoCon games.

Short bus ride & warm weather tune up for Duke & UNC. Coaches are friends.
It looked competitive early, but the FO disparity was just too much to overcome. 22-4
With so little time of possession, their O never got untracked & the D wore down.
The good news -- Furman managed to win 10 of 28 FO's vs Bucknell.
That bodes well for Navy's FO unit.
A lot of young guys down the bench got a chance to show their stuff.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:51 pm

Short bus ride & warm weather tune up for Duke & UNC. Coaches are friends.
It looked competitive early, but the FO disparity was just too much to overcome. 22-4
With so little time of possession, their O never got untracked & the D wore down.
The good news -- Furman managed to win 10 of 28 FO's vs Bucknell.
That bodes well for Navy's FO unit.
A lot of young guys down the bench got a chance to show their stuff.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... back/55980
Navy complete in Meade’s return
Navy won 22 of 26 face-offs, 18 players registered a point and held Furman scoreless for 51:44 in a dominant 19-3 victory. Fifty-seven players saw action for the Mids, who were led offensively by Christian Daniel’s four points (2G, 2A). It was the return of Richie Meade to the sidelines for the first time since he was let go as Navy head coach in 2011.

"It was an honor to play against Coach Meade. To be out there on the sideline with him will be one of the highlights of my career," said Navy coach Joe Amplo, who served alongside Meade on the NCAA Tournament selection committee. "I have so much respect for Richie, so to be against him in a college lacrosse game is something I will treasure for the rest of my life.
Joe Amplo and Richie Meade are indeed consummate head coaching professionals through and through. Good on both of them.

GO MIDS! BEAT RICHMOND!
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

I did think it was great that so many Navy guys got to play. The Ford Higgins era has begun!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Navy - Furman now avail in the PLN archive :
https://watchstadium.com/live/furman-at-navy/

Now Navy - Manhattan avail too :
https://watchstadium.com/live/manhattan-at-navy/
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:38 pm Navy - Furman now avail in the PLN archive :

Lots of good things to apply for a W game plan vs. #19 Richmond on Tuesday afternoon...Mids keeping TOs <12 (21 + 19 in first two games - ouch) will go a long way to a Navy W in their first road game of the 2020 season. Spiders have 39 TOs (25 + 14) in their first two games.

Mids 13 - Spiders 11.
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

laxxygilmore wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:44 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:38 pm Navy - Furman now avail in the PLN archive :

Lots of good things to apply for a W game plan vs. #19 Richmond on Tuesday afternoon...Mids keeping TOs <12 (21 + 19 in first two games - ouch) will go a long way to a Navy W in their first road game of the 2020 season. Spiders have 39 TOs (25 + 14) in their first two games.

Mids 13 - Spiders 11.

ONE IN A ROW !

TWICE WAS CERTAINLY NICE !

CAN IT BE THREE ???

Indeed -

Navy wins on the road 15 - 11 is my call !

FORE

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Ouch. Ok, let’s bounce back.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

w/ 14 svs / .609, the Spider Gk was the difference...played like he had 8 limbs! :o

Bounce back @ Byrd indeed!

GO MIDS! BEAT TERPS!
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

laxxygilmore wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:55 pm w/ 14 svs / .609, the Spider Gk was the difference...played like he had 8 limbs! :o

Bounce back @ Byrd indeed!

GO MIDS! BEAT TERPS!
8 limbs. LOL.

Terps lost tonight too.
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

On the plus side, Army got smacked by Marist??!! Probably an obvious trap game for them with a trip to the Dome on Sunday. Navy may have looked beyond this game(although I doubt it as Richmond isn't Marist by a long stretch), but the Terps will be angry come this weekend. Navy doesn't appear to have anyone that can get to the goal consistently--they better be active off ball Saturday or continue to have success off the f/o -- otherwise, long day at Byrd.

Silver lining -- I thought coach Amplo's sideline posture/demeanor/facial expression(s) were flawless. Still too many turnovers for the slow pace Richmond plays. Fortunately, the Spiders were equally adept at throwing it away..

It looks as though RS brought in some talented freshman, too...
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

There it is! It’s Groundhog Day!
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

what's wong wittle wombat, can't blame the coach anymore :lol:

BTW, Richmond was w/o their faceoff man, best defender and one of their leading scorers, FWIW..
Qckstk

Post by Qckstk »

“Richmond isn’t Marist by any stretch.” Are you kidding me? Richmond just beat Marist by 2 goals in a game that was back and forth the whole way. Marist just beat the crap out of Army, and they also beat the crap out of Navy in a Fall scrimmage. You can talk about the awe inspiring look on Amplo’s face, but Navy doesn’t have the team or coach that Marist does.
genesrfree

Post by genesrfree »

So much for the mismatch against Furman!!
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

oldjayfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 am On the plus side, Army got smacked by Marist??!! Probably an obvious trap game for them with a trip to the Dome on Sunday. Navy may have looked beyond this game(although I doubt it as Richmond isn't Marist by a long stretch), but the Terps will be angry come this weekend. Navy doesn't appear to have anyone that can get to the goal consistently--they better be active off ball Saturday or continue to have success off the f/o -- otherwise, long day at Byrd.

Silver lining -- I thought coach Amplo's sideline posture/demeanor/facial expression(s) were flawless. Still too many turnovers for the slow pace Richmond plays. Fortunately, the Spiders were equally adept at throwing it away..

You sound pathetic talking about posture of coach. Good god start building the statue now.
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

Qckstk wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:18 am “Richmond isn’t Marist by any stretch.” Are you kidding me? Richmond just beat Marist by 2 goals in a game that was back and forth the whole way. Marist just beat the dump out of Army, and they also beat the dump out of Navy in a Fall scrimmage. You can talk about the awe inspiring look on Amplo’s face, but Navy doesn’t have the team or coach that Marist does.
No disrespect to Marist, but Richmond has had more "signature" wins in their brief history. Don't know much about Marist's coach, but do not come on this forum and disparage the Navy head coach--only the minions can do that, and only when it concerns the former HC!!
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

Lenwood117 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:38 am
oldjayfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 am On the plus side, Army got smacked by Marist??!! Probably an obvious trap game for them with a trip to the Dome on Sunday. Navy may have looked beyond this game(although I doubt it as Richmond isn't Marist by a long stretch), but the Terps will be angry come this weekend. Navy doesn't appear to have anyone that can get to the goal consistently--they better be active off ball Saturday or continue to have success off the f/o -- otherwise, long day at Byrd.

You sound pathetic talking about posture of coach. Good god start building the statue now.
Hey genius, that was a joke! You obviously aren't aware of the history of this forum and the attacks by RM's minions!
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

All hail to the self-appointed Chief RS Minion! Party of one, now seated on his throne.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”